Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Should I Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Break Up? (440 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Break Up? by Alagaman: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2023
Dear nairalnders pls I need your opinion

As a current corp member , I recently found myself in a difficult situation. I am dating a fellow corp member who works in a different unit from me. Despite the distance between our workplaces, we still spend time together outside of work as we both reside in the same corpers lodge However, I recently learned that she is involved in a secret romance with a senior staff member within the company, and this relationship began prior to our own.

Despite this knowledge, I am hesitant to end our relationship with her as I am considering her in the future plans for our lives. She has shown her love and care for me through various gestures, such as gifts, surprises, and emotional support, leading me to believe that she is the one. However, she has informed me that her family is in financial distress and she sends money home at times for her parents , which is not a significant amount, is not enough.

In all of this, I am concerned that her involvement with another person may be considered cheating, but I am also aware that I have not been able to help her with financial support to assist her family. Therefore, I am seeking guidance on how I should proceed with our relationship while considering my options.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up? by h0pze3: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2023
Don't help her, just break up with her 😑
Re: Should I Break Up? by Mhizzard(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2023
You don't have money and she needs it.so what do you expect from women when they find a man that has it.
Re: Should I Break Up? by SIXTEENTH(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2023
Relax and watch how things up fold but keep a close surveillance on her, don't engaged her with unnecessary conversations about your instincts on her affairs but always monitor her moves with the said senior staff.
But in all you do "office romance" always end in premium tears because you guys will occasionally be stalking on each other.
Re: Should I Break Up? by jackmrandy: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Hello mr lover boy, good to know you are in love and with a fellow corpper, who is now involving herself with another man which I believe is of higher status than you are currently.
What I would like you to consider are
1. Is the man she is involving herself with married? IF the answer is yes, still hold on to her as she might just be cashing out from the man and also looking for a fresh ground of opportunities and connection through the man. But if the man is not married, end the relationship now. Because the man might end up marrying her, as he has found a wife and the reason for their dating. Which would in the long run lead to marriage. And you now considering you are not even helping her financially, she will see you as not ready for marriage. Highest she can allow you have the cookie pot, but will she be secure in your hand financially? Can you take care of her?
2. Secondly if I understand one of your line very well, both of them have been dating, before you came into the line. You are just a new comer. She will eventually choose who she wants. Remember, its just a one year service. After the service what next are what you should be thinking now. Are you going to remain in that same state where you both are serving? She is a woman surely she will go back to her state back to her family or she can decide to stay back and continue her love affair with the senior colleague who is already settled in that state, while she look for something doing or probably get employed in that company.
Sit yourself down and think very well make you nor let corpper love let you lose guard. If you know you will marry her, show all the commitment now so that she will know you are serious with her.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up? by Westerhoffe(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2023
If you don't break up, do you want to break down? Because the latter might cost you emotional trauma on the long run if the other option tends to make her happy financially.
Re: Should I Break Up? by Alagaman: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2023
jackmrandy:
Hello mr lover boy, good to know you are in love and with a fellow corpper, who is now involving herself with another man which I believe is of higher status than you are currently.
What I would like you to consider are
1. Is the man she is involving herself with married? IF the answer is yes, still hold on to her as she might just be cashing out from the man and also looking for a fresh ground of opportunities and connection through the man. But if the man is not married, end the relationship now. Because the man might end up marrying her, as he has found a wife and the reason for their dating. Which would in the long run lead to marriage. And you now considering you are not even helping her financially, she will see you as not ready for marriage. Highest she can allow you have the cookie pot, but will she be secure in your hand financially? Can you take care of her?
2. Secondly if I understand one of your line very well, both of them have been dating, before you came into the line. You are just a new comer. She will eventually choose who she wants. Remember, its just a one year service. After the service what next are what you should be thinking now. Are you going to remain in that same state where you both are serving? She is a woman surely she will go back to her state back to her family or she can decide to stay back and continue her love affair with the senior colleague who is already settled in that state, while she look for something doing or probably get employed in that company.
Sit yourself down and think very well make you nor let corpper love let you lose guard. If you know you will marry her, show all the commitment now so that she will know you are serious with her.

We actually planned to stay back after our service year , concerning the senior officer I guess his married
Re: Should I Break Up? by jackmrandy: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2023
Alagaman:

We actually planned to stay back after our service year , concerning the senior officer I guess his married

If he married, then talk to her about your descover but back it up with facts, evidence. Gather all your evidence before doing this. And is he denies, end the relationship.

But wait oh for this economy way hard so, how who na still take dey see strength to love and even get emotions join am?
Re: Should I Break Up? by dkidd: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2023
Sometimes I just doubt most of these sort of people if they're real or some of our resident feminists wannabes posing as guys to open such stupid threads. Everything is bare to u yet u still dey consider her as life partner? U deserve to get ur skull mined by those westside skull miners. Brain dey head but it's of no use... Well okpo dey get husbands too undecided

(1) (Reply)

Romance In Canada / Elderly Advice Please / Nigerian P*rn Actresses who still buy & wear clothes, wetyn dem still dey cover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.