Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe (27827 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by owolabi5: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2023
cool
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Whatisurproblem(m): 9:46am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.
business pastor in effective effect seeking every avenue to further confused the gullibles. We don hear you! With all the school you go, you can't use ur brain to track your income flow until you start paying fraud proceed? How many people have you helped through the month. Scammer

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by PotatoSalad(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Ishilove:
After I got flogged for deliberately defaulting on my tithes, since them I don't play with tithing. Tithing is deeper than we realise o.
Thought sarcasms are for Wednesdays
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by ictplotter(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Validated:

The poor you will always have with you. Obey God first and the poor will be taken care of.
Religious criminals everywhere.
Feed and take care of the poor first the only way you can obey and make God happy.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by WhirlWindx(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Wise One.
Youll grow in leaps and bounds.
#No Caps.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by gidjah(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2023
Uncle ,this is were we all get things wrong ,these pumping up and down on earthly cares and using it as a yard stick to measure ones greatness ?what makes you think you are better than your mates simply because they come borrowng or you gave them money ? You think they are financially in apacitated( at the moment) because they are tithe payers sir ? These are wrong mind sets and notions we get from depressed groups of individuals who want to tag along the path of religion. and aeitheis,. Be careful.Measue your growth via the knowledge and light that you have acquired and your derstanding of times season coupled with the ability to take advantage thereof.If you are not in this cartegories, you are still a poor man or a mistake about to happen some where no matter your resources.(Not insulting you sir, only generalizing for us all)
jaephoenix:

Jealousy? Really? Jealous of who? The guy wasting his money via tithes?
Iā€™m in my mid forties and haven't tithed a dime but I'm way better than my tithing colleagues and siblings. Matter of fact I loaned my tithing bro money last week.
Who does Elon Musk pay tithes to? Or Gates? Or Buffett? In fact, in the top 10 richest Nigerians, how many of them are Christians, never mind tithe payers.
These guys are just too dumb for me
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Whatisurproblem(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2023
Validated:

The poor you will always have with you. Obey God first and the poor will be taken care of.
weyrey, many are poor because the rich stole what is meant for them to be Ok.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Winters23: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.

Nothing changed, you believe what you want to believe but the reality is you gave your money away to someone who's smarter than you šŸ’Æ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Mosba: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2023
This is the part that got me yinmu

"Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account...."

Let keep it going, let continue from where the whites stopped sowing the seed of deceit in Africa. Halleluuuuuujah!

3 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by SaintGabriel: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

Lol. I used to pay tithes and I stopped and rewired my mentality.

Since then my spiritual growth and financial development skyrocketed.

Instead I focus on those who are needy and orphanage homes. Widows in my vicinity too. Those are the ones that should be taken care of.

Only people who never read the books of Hebrews would believe in tithing. Those that are always bracketed by the old laws of Malachi

God doesn't spend money and Apostles like Paul never relied on members monies to survive. Paul was a tent maker, Peter was a fisherman, they never preached about tithes but the kingdom of God.

in the book of Hebrews, Paul explained why those laws never edified anything and the fact that Jesus is a priest forever, the era of the sons of Levi are looooong gone.

Jesus our priest never spends money, doesn't need money. Those who needs these resources are those who for example Jesus did miracles for. The 5000 he fed for example. The lame, the blind, the sick those who needs assistance in the household of Faith.

When I used to pay tithes, I earn 70k per month, yet I pay 10k as tithe.

Now, I earn 70x10+50 per month lol and I don't pay tithes, currently by the grace of God, I support a radio programme that preaches about the kingdom of God, I'm the lone supporter of the programme at the moment. A Sunday is 8k for only 30-45 minutes on Air and to the glory of God, I've paid for all the Sundays since first Sunday of July this year till December. Do the maths.

By God's Grace, I helped a brother in Christ with roofing his house, I assisted a sister in Christ with getting another apartment.

These are what I prefer to do.

James 1:27 gave us what we need to follow. Leave Malachi 3:10 and focus on the new covenant and see yourself grow faster.

Nevertheless, you're reaping from what you're sowing truly but when it comes to giving in general, you're probably not giving as much as I do for instance.

I always tell people, you cannot pay tithe and give to the poor as you should it's a blatant lie, except if you're very very well to do. In fact, you won't remember the poor and needy since you have already carried what you are forced by the law to part with.

Yet the book of Corinthians says God loves a cheerful giver and we should give not under compulsion but under free will!

Every month, about 30% of my earnings go to my mom and dad. 15% each. About 20% to those in need. That's 50% of my earnings already. Every month.

Mathew 12 mentioned how these so called pastors would prefer you paid tithes than help your parents. And Jesus said it's not a doctrine of God. This is part of the reason why I no longer attend church here in Africa lol. They're crooks.

If I was paying tithes, I could have never given up to 50% of my earnings. It's not possible. But when you step outside you'll see that people are suffering. Those are the ones that needs our prayers, out help and support.

The rest of my earnings, I invest them in my personal projects and business. I don't waste resources.

By the way I don't go to church. Stopped going as well. Over 2 years now FYI.

3 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by stagger: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Iā€™m in my mid forties and haven't tithed a dime but I'm way better than my tithing colleagues and siblings. Matter of fact I loaned my tithing bro money last week.
Who does Elon Musk pay tithes to? Or Gates? Or Buffett? In fact, in the top 10 richest Nigerians, how many of them are Christians, never mind tithe payers.

You completely miss the point. If you are not a member of a family, you are not bound by the obligations of that family. Non-Christians and Muslims are not bound by the tithing obligation because they are not Christians. So do you expect atheists like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett to pay tithes?

Even as you claim to be way better than your tithing colleagues (how do you gauge "way better"wink, there are also people younger than you who are also way better than yourself.

A story was done of a Kenyan farmer who only owned a bicycle, but who had more than 7 children as graduates...all in high-paying professions. People with your mindset will believe you are better than this man because you ride a car, but the man has built his paradise in his village and he is successful in his own right.

If you don't believe in tithing, leave those who do and face your own belief and let them face theirs. The same way you think they are dumb, others will think you are even dumber.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Spicycat(f): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2023
Skyview01:

Leave am make he day market him product. Tithes ko pant ni!

grin grin
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Floky215: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

You go advertise tire.. !!

Use same money and distribute to the poor and needy around you instead of dashing it to one crooked ceo of a company who claim to know the road direction to heaven...!! grin grin

You can as well use same money to cook very good meal for yourself and family and their soul would thank you for it ..!!

It's the highest level of stupidity to work hard, gather money and dash it to one useless lazy man who claim to know road to heaven...!!!

While you remain where you are or either making little head by your own sweat and hard work, self delusion would make you think its the tithe you are dashing out for nothing that's the cause of your headway...!!!

The law is give and you would get and if you must give, give to a fertile land, somebody your would give ane he would appreciate and pray for you from the bottom if his mind and not all these useless ceo of churches ..!!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by ItisWell22(f): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It does not end at tithe. This is God just showing and proving to you that His Word is truly TRUE!

However, if you don't get what God teaches then this present blessings would cease forever and you might even become an atheists and return and say all the stupidities atheists say.

Easy sir. šŸ™„
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ferdinandu(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

Keep deceiving yourself. Because non Christians, and Christians that doesn't pay tithe don't save, they are all dirt poor. Plan your life and your finances well then you have less reasons to write those nonsense over there
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Mekanus(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

don't mind these brainwashed religious dumb heads.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by gidjah(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Tithe Paying is good ,it can really open up a believer o a higher level of Trust and faith in God.It can really boost or help your faith to growe. As you can trust to let anything GO to keep christ.if you can part away with your resources , then your faith journey is almost complete with God. Our major trouble on this path is our lack of prowress to LET THINGS GO SO AS TO GAIN GOD TOTALLY.And this is what God tries to train us into as we progress in our walk with Him.(I am a living witness here).This is not giving to d poor o!it's quite a different ball game here. Tithe can also give you a deep access to God's wisdom bank in times of system failure.Wisdom to get anything working any where. IT IS WICKED TO TIE TITHE PAYING TO JUST MONETARY GAINS OO!! GOD NO BE KALO KALO OR NAIJA BEY ABEG !?God Bless you
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by bonnyhope: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

This is just funny. You're not only happily enriching another man but also deceiving yourself into thinking it is beneficial to do so.

I suspect you're a pastor trying to get more people to give tithe

Oga practice what you believe and let others alone provided they are not harming you

2 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Tayorshd87: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

This is just funny. You're not only happily enriching another man but also deceiving yourself into thinking it is beneficial to do so.

I was expecting this and I I saw it šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†

Gollible people šŸ˜‚
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by joseph1832(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2023
Ishilove:
After I got flogged for deliberately defaulting on my tithes, since them I don't play with tithing. Tithing is deeper than we realise o.
Who flogged you? shocked

When I've been silently hoping on doing the flogging. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Annahh(f): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2023
Don't pay tithe cause you are expecting blessings in return, stop trying to bribe God, pay tithe cause you are giving to God, I pay more than 10% of my salary, cause 10% is even small for my God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by PotatoSalad(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2023
davidwrightjd:

This thing just works I don't know how.
That's why experiments are fun. For the next 6 months, don't pay your tithe, reduce church activity and still keep the same energy at work.
See if anything changes.
You'd be shocked that nothing changes and you'll even outperform your previous months.
Tithe is nothing but a placebo.
I used to tithe way back (2013) but stopped when I noticed those things were mismanaged.
I was in hospital for 3 months last year, used all my energy to manage my remote job even when the nurses asked me to rest. Guess what, I made more money in those 3 months than i did in months prior. And I didn't pay any tithe.
A holy art thou will say I wouldn't have been in hospital and tell me stories of how I would have died, put fear in me and make me feel that tithe is the way to prosperity, good will and abundance.
Love God and be good to people around you and you'll have all the riches and abundance in this world if you work hard and smart. You don't have to bribe God "tithe" to get that.

3 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Elsueno: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2023
I DONT pay any freaking Church or Pastor my hard earned 10%......I would only help the needy when I see they really need help & I have enough to help..I ain't working to sponsor some Pastor lifestyle while they are countless of people who really need help around..IF U SO BOTHER TO LOOK
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by achimendy(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
While paying your tithes also remember the less privileged or the orphanage one's around your vicinity,
I think those physically challenged too needs assistance, you can reached out to them too.

God be with you now and always.

Very important too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Cutehector(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2023
Tithing works when you give it with all your heart. And the bible says when you give, give so that you dont expect crowd cheers from people. Go in private and give it to your pastor/priest.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by elipheleh(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2023
Skyview01:
The highest number of billionaires in the world are in China. They never went to church nor pay Tithes.

Liar. No good lying just to win an argument.

To correct you, the richest number of billionaires are in the USA.
And no country pays tithe more than USA.
No country gives more than USA.

You keep wondering why USA is the biggest economy.

Giving to churches, giving to countries, US aids to nations, researches.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by achimendy(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

Tithing is one of the secret to open doors.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by edunaragold(f): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

God have mercy , things done cost now,and Pastor are buying private jet.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by ArinzeUgo: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

God forbid u ...must u comment on everything u see?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by foleskay(m): 10:08am On Nov 05, 2023
Skyview01:
The highest number of billionaires in the world are in China. They never went to church nor pay Tithes.
The highest numbers of billionaires are actually in d US
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by zoezoelogistics(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2023
1Sharon:
Just say you're a pastor and you want people to pay their tithes.

Let's assume you are right that he is a pastor and wants more people to pay tithe, please how does that affect him directly. Are his members here on Nairaland, do they even him oh this is our pastor, so let's heed by paying tithe?

Mumu talk.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by foleskay(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Brainwashing...... You don't even need to be good at accounting or keeping figures.......

You don't need to pay tithe, to realise your income ..... Emancipate yourself from religious slavery......
Is it ur slavery?? E no concern you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sunday Mbang Is Dead (Methodist Prelate-emeritus Dies At 86) / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA / Shiloh 2015 Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.