Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe (27784 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Lordsonn: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
smartr:

Have you made that 2k in a month before?
Yes, but that was January 2022. Since then I was not consistent in paying tithe.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2023
Blitzerz:

Your mumu hasnt ended at all
Only mumus dont know the value of what educated them
Their motive wasn’t to educate us, rather it was more about converting us to Christianity. But they failed woefully

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ishilove: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2023
KosiGee:

Got flogged for intentionally not paying your tithe?? ‘Flogging’ as in someone physically beat you with cane(koboko or aña) for not paying tithe!! Pls where was this and who did this?
It has absolutely nothing to do with physical flogging. Let's just say God warned me several times and I unintentionally ignored the warnings. Unusual things began happening around me, and "disobedience" always rang out in my spirit anytime I prayed concerning those unusual things. It culminated in a disastrous event that made me question Him exactly why it happened in the first place, and that's when He told me it was because I was disobedient and was cheating Him. That was all the brain resetting I needed.

This is just a summary of events. If I start narrating the whole thing, I will get tired of typing.

Whom the Lord loves, He chastises. Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven. Nobody told to start paying my tithe. I was never a believer and was quite indifferent to the whole idea, but an angel of God came to me in a dream and told me to start tithing. I obeyed and was constant for a while, until Buharinomics made me start missing it little by little. If I don't miss this month, I will pay it incomplete because "God will understand". Omo, after the flogging I borrowed myself brain.

People can argue all they want about tithing; it is their prerogative. I have had a personal encounter with the mysterious, so you will never see me engage anybody in any arguments about tithing. Let everyone do what they want. Las las God will prove himself true. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Spandau: 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
seunmsg:
Your mumu never do.

Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg! Leave him alone.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by tabaralph: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.
Good decision but some folks find it difficult to pay tithe forgetting that if 90% is not enough for you then 100% won’t be enough
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Blitzerz: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Their motive wasn’t to educate us, rather it was more about converting us to Christianity. But they failed woefully
And u continued with the education
Akuya
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2023
Blitzerz:

And u continued with the education
Akuya
I picked the only worthwhile thing and dumped the rest
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Blitzerz: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I picked the only worthwhile thing and dumped the rest
Hypocrisy
The same thing that u r accusing people of

Confused soul.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by alobright17(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.

The first person that paid tithe in the Bible did so at what age ? Was he not already successful with wealth children and grandchildren?

The second person even said God if you help me win war I go pay tithe.

Did Jesus not say shame on to you that pays tithe without doing more important things which is helping the poor and needy ?

Even your Jesus rated giving over tithe .tithe does nothing than adding to you yeye Pastors .
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by alobright17(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is known that riches is nothing. Even animals have been given riches as experts have lived and died in want.

But the bottomline is we all reap what we sow so live your life as you deem fit.

there's no sense in what you said here .because tithe has absolutely nothing to do with getting rich . 80% thithers begs for money after paying tithe for years .
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by alobright17(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2023
Ishilove:
After I got flogged for deliberately defaulting on my tithes, since them I don't play with tithing. Tithing is deeper than we realise o.
if tithing is deeper your Jesus won't say shame on to you for paying tithe without doing the more important things which is giving .

Stop hyping
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Lexusgs430: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
While that is true, GOD used his tithing to awaken him from financial wtecklessness, remember the blessings are in different ways.

Who does Elon get his blessings from.......
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Dhammy2023(f): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
You call tithing waste of money? May the Lord give you the understanding of his word.
Jealousy? Really? Jealous of who? The guy wasting his money via tithes?
I’m in my mid forties and haven't tithed a dime but I'm way better than my tithing colleagues and siblings. Matter of fact I loaned my tithing bro money last week.
Who does Elon Musk pay tithes to? Or Gates? Or Buffett? In fact, in the top 10 richest Nigerians, how many of them are Christians, never mind tithe payers.
These guys are just too dumb for me[/quote]
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Powersurge: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It does not end at tithe. This is God just showing and proving to you that His Word is truly TRUE!

However, if you don't get what God teaches then this present blessings would cease forever and you might even become an atheists and return and say all the stupidities atheists say.

Where did you get this your doctrine? Because I have not read anywhere where God put clause on tithe. Abi u won insert your own tradition?

Even if devil pays tithe, he supposed to get the benefit of it. As long as the word of the almighty is true.

PS: I am just taking tithe seriously this year. And I see it as an act of worship or the recognition of God's deity first of all before anything else.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by AngelicBeing: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2023
Tithing has done unprecedented wonders for me both in Nigeria and The Western world and in all the different countries that l have stepped into, Tithing is not just about a physical giving of money, it is much more than that and don't do it carnally , it is a Deep spiritual mystery and covenant right from the days of Abraham in the Bible that I can't explain,skeptics, atheist can continue arguing, na dem Sabi cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by donhils: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
Why I like your tithe and what it did for you is that you said it made you realize how much money that enters your hand. That means it made you accountable which is realistic. You didn't tell us about any miraculous manifestation
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by MuslimIgbo: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

Paying tithe is not the issue, it's paying it blindly to one corrupt so-called man of god that's the issue.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Osanoghodua1: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
In 2019, during the brutal bear in crypto, I had a coin called Miracle Tele, I worked for it through bounty on bitcointalk. I was in debt because of crypto, my spirit was troubled to sell but I was getting a bi-weekly rewards in dollars, So I prayed one night asking God if to sell ot hold. While I was about waking up from my sleep, I heard a voice telling me to go pay my tithe, it was the Holy spirit. Immediately I woke up, my spirit told me in other to pay my tithe, I must sell my miracle tele. I didn't sell, and some days later the project had issues and my asset went to 0.

I believe in tithing, I have been paying tithe since I finished secondary school. There's never a month I was stranded financially. If you think tithing is a scam, then don't pay and equally don't discourage others from paying.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2023
PotatoSalad:

That's why experiments are fun. For the next 6 months, don't pay your tithe, reduce church activity and still keep the same energy at work.
See if anything changes.
You'd be shocked that nothing changes and you'll even outperform your previous months.
Tithe is nothing but a placebo.
I used to tithe way back (2013) but stopped when I noticed those things were mismanaged.
I was in hospital for 3 months last year, used all my energy to manage my remote job even when the nurses asked me to rest. Guess what, I made more money in those 3 months than i did in months prior. And I didn't pay any tithe.
A holy art thou will say I wouldn't have been in hospital and tell me stories of how I would have died, put fear in me and make me feel that tithe is the way to prosperity, good will and abundance.
Love God and be good to people around you and you'll have all the riches and abundance in this world if you work hard and smart. You don't have to bribe God "tithe" to get that.

Great point there. I don't tithe always but when I do it's just different. I also had to cut down on it cos at a point I felt I was ignoring people who needed it around me and just giving all to a church I don't even attend.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by frog12: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
continue to make the pastors rich in their private jets grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by xprez(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

can i text u for freelance?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by justmondris: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2023
djon78:

Actually that's the strategy I started using

I got my church account details so once I get my inflow
I remit my tithe immediately

Anyone that castigates tithe is doing so out of ignorance and many people do that.

But tithing brings God into your finances and it's been a lifetime commitment for me now

Same here bro. My prayer is for God to bless us more so that we can always pay our monthly tithes in Billions of Dollars.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by nairanaira12: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

Tithe is to be paid to levites. How many of your pastors are true levites? Do you even know the meaning of a levite?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Melagros(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2023
Skyview01:

Leave am make he day market him product. Tithes ko pant ni!
Lol grin grin grin
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Melagros(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2023
aikyg:
Good! In my own case, whenever I send money to my parents I tend to earn more money. It just happens that way; I'll just get money that I was not expecting.
Correct!
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by jaephoenix(m): 1:02am On Nov 06, 2023
Ishilove:
After I got flogged for deliberately defaulting on my tithes, since them I don't play with tithing. Tithing is deeper than we realise o.
Remind me, who has been flogging Elon Musk, Dangote etc for not paying tithe? And I'm yet to receive my strokes of the cane for not paying tithes for close to 2 decades
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by jaephoenix(m): 1:04am On Nov 06, 2023
Bliztzer:

When your hands are not clean and your heart is full of filth. God doesn't accept such tithe. It is not enough to tithe without holiness, that is what many Christians fall to understand. Obedience first before sacrifice.
So how come many non-christian billionaires, millionaires aren't paying tithes but succeed despite some of them engaging in fraudulent actions?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Dtruthspeaker: 1:32am On Nov 06, 2023
Powersurge:

Where did you get this your doctrine? Because I have not read anywhere where God put clause on tithe. Abi u won insert your own tradition?

Even if devil pays tithe, he supposed to get the benefit of it. As long as the word of the almighty is true.

Deuteronomy 11:1

“You shall therefore love the Lord your God, and always keep His charge, His statutes, His ordinances, and His commandments.

Powersurge:

PS: I am just taking tithe seriously this year. And I see it as an act of worship or the recognition of God's deity [b]first of al[/b]l before anything else.

I like the word "first of all". The problem is are you going to go through the whole all?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by jaephoenix(m): 1:36am On Nov 06, 2023
Dhammy2023:
You call tithing waste of money? May the Lord give you the understanding of his word.
Jealousy? Really? Jealous of who? The guy wasting his money via tithes?
I’m in my mid forties and haven't tithed a dime but I'm way better than my tithing colleagues and siblings. Matter of fact I loaned my tithing bro money last week.
Who does Elon Musk pay tithes to? Or Gates? Or Buffett? In fact, in the top 10 richest Nigerians, how many of them are Christians, never mind tithe payers.
These guys are just too dumb for me
Actually your lord is too busy kissing my ass. He can't hear you
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Dtruthspeaker: 1:37am On Nov 06, 2023
alobright17:
there's no sense in what you said here .because tithe has absolutely nothing to do with getting rich . 80% thithers begs for money after paying tithe for years .

Did I say tithing would make you rich?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by jaephoenix(m): 1:38am On Nov 06, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
In 2019, during the brutal bear in crypto, I had a coin called Miracle Tele, I worked for it through bounty on bitcointalk. I was in debt because of crypto, my spirit was troubled to sell but I was getting a bi-weekly rewards in dollars, So I prayed one night asking God if to sell ot hold. While I was about waking up from my sleep, I heard a voice telling me to go pay my tithe, it was the Holy spirit. Immediately I woke up, my spirit told me in other to pay my tithe, I must sell my miracle tele. I didn't sell, and some days later the project had issues and my asset went to 0.

I believe in tithing, I have been paying tithe since I finished secondary school. There's never a month I was stranded financially. If you think tithing is a scam, then don't pay and equally don't discourage others from paying.
I did Miracletele too. It was a scam.
By the way, which god blesses non-tithers like Musk, Gates, Buffett, Dangote etc?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by jaephoenix(m): 1:39am On Nov 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I say tithing would make you rich?

What does tithing do

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are / Benefits Of Paying Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.