Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe (27828 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by LockDown69(m): 10:14am On Nov 05, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by foleskay(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2023
junketer:
That 24k would've been better used in going to the motherless babies home and help out. That would have been a better tithe to God
Why not take ur own money to motherless babies home?

4 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ajsmart(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2023
Mugu spotted. Keep handing a tenth of your earnings to the pulpit robbers that claim God sent them while they buy new Mercedes and houses with your contributions and lash your woman at every night vigil as she moans in tongues grin

Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Lexusgs430: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2023
foleskay:

Is it ur slavery?? E no concern you.

The fool and his money, are soon parted.......😜😂

4 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2023
Blitzerz:

E pain you?
Hahahahahh I’m laughing at your foooolishness while eating my popcorn

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ajsmart(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2023
People like that will rather give to the already rich while they ignore the poor amongst them. They want to buy their way into heaven when the real path to heaven is to offer help to those beneath them. They deserve to lose their money every month to the pulpit robbers masquerading as men of god grin
God has a way of punishing and humiliating them for their fake stupidity grin

foleskay:

Why not take ur own money to motherless babies home?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ajsmart(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2023
…and humiliated in the processs😂

Lexusgs430:

The fool and his money, are soon parted.......😜😂
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2023
Ajsmart:
…and humiliated in the processs😂

Their pastor is dashing his wife ₦55,000,000, buying jets, would soon buy pastoral yachts, bullet proof vehicles, own universities, reside in mansions, have armed guards etc etc .........

Whilst the sheep, continually struggles to breathe.......🤣😜

4 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Tendd: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2023
It doesn't take any esoteric knowledge to know how much you save monthly or give away.You are merely enriching a fellow man and his family or Loved ones.Nothing at all to do with God.God is not poor and he is not asking you for anything to receive blessings.
Invest your money or better still put them in a savings account to multiply.Your bank will notify you monthly on how much you have and the returns there in.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2023
Mere coincedence.. If it is for you, you will have it. China dey pay tithe?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by BafanaBafana: 10:32am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.
Good for you.
I was however able to achieve accountability through financial advice and personal decision. I have an app where I record all my income and expenses. Every naira I spend or earn is recorded. At the end of the month, I can see where my money is going.

2 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ajsmart(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2023
..and to add insult upon injury, the pulpit robbers will still lash their women until she moans in tongues while the tither is bruising his penis with pebbled laced-vaseline😂😂.

These people really deserve what they get due to their high level of stupidity😂

Lexusgs430:

Their pastor is dashing his wife ₦55,000,000, buying jets, would soon buy pastoral yachts, bullet proof vehicles, own universities, reside in mansions, have armed guards etc etc .........

Whilst the sheep, continually struggles to breathe.......🤣😜

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by mu2sa2: 10:39am On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

This is just funny. You're not only happily enriching another man but also deceiving yourself into thinking it is beneficial to do so.

I suspect you're a pastor trying to get more people to give tithe
Hahaha, even if a lie has been travelling for thousands of years, truth will catch up with it. By the way, why do they tie paying tithe to getting back in material terms.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Bigchristo: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
While paying your tithes also remember the less privileged or the orphanage one's around your vicinity,
I think those physically challenged too needs assistance, you can reached out to them too.

God be with you now and always.
Thats the only thing that matters not those tithing stuff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Omalicious1: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

But Apostle Paul never made mention of tithe
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Bigchristo: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

If tithe was the only reasons God blesses people then I think Christians would’ve been in the first position as the wealthiest people in forbe list, to me the only thing God respect so much is act of kindness and charitable work, this is what has been working for me, I give to the needy and less privilege when I have, church is a business and your pastor enrich himself with your tithes and offering because God is not coming from heaven to collect the money from them is for them and their family if you like insult me but that’s the truth

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ekugbeh(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
While paying your tithes also remember the less privileged or the orphanage one's around your vicinity,
I think those physically challenged too needs assistance, you can reached out to them too.

tithing has no business with less privilege.
Go to orphanage homes and do that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by candygist: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

Also remember some of your family members who don't have food to eat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Akalia(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Jealousy? Really? Jealous of who? The guy wasting his money via tithes?
I’m in my mid forties and haven't tithed a dime but I'm way better than my tithing colleagues and siblings. Matter of fact I loaned my tithing bro money last week.
Who does Elon Musk pay tithes to? Or Gates? Or Buffett? In fact, in the top 10 richest Nigerians, how many of them are Christians, never mind tithe payers.
These guys are just too dumb for me
logicallly you are right but from the stand point of spirituality you missed it.

I don't tithe but I believe in tithing because it is in keeping with the word of GOD.

Tithing works but it depends on one's faith. I don't tithe because I rather chose to help the poor and needy with the 10% of my hustle proceeds.

Do well to learn to respect another man's belief system especially in the context of spirituality.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ever8090: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2023
world123:

Learn to be soft when passing a message. Are you trying to make the OP afraid or what?

There are better ways to pass understanding.🙏
that is how he is, I have had encounter with him and I was tempted to say the guy is a typical example of a Wolf in ship clothing...every nonsense he opined against me were false and I am reaping the benefit of Gods words by his grace .....

I don't believe in tithing as a medium to attract God's blessings though as a Christian, I only believe in his mercies...

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by smartr: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2023
SaintGabriel:

Lol. I used to pay tithes and I stopped and rewired my mentality.

Since then my spiritual growth and financial development skyrocketed.

Instead I focus on those who are needy and orphanage homes. Widows in my vicinity too. Those are the ones that should be taken care of.

Only people who never read the books of Hebrews would believe in tithing. Those that are always bracketed by the old laws of Malachi

God doesn't spend money and Apostles like Paul never relied on members monies to survive. Paul was a tent maker, Peter was a fisherman, they never preached about tithes but the kingdom of God.

in the book of Hebrews, Paul explained why those laws never edified anything and the fact that Jesus is a priest forever, the era of the sons of Levi are looooong gone.

Jesus our priest never spends money, doesn't need money. Those who needs these resources are those who for example Jesus did miracles for. The 5000 he fed for example. The lame, the blind, the sick those who needs assistance in the household of Faith.

When I used to pay tithes, I earn 70k per month, yet I pay 10k as tithe.

Now, I earn 70x10+50 per month lol and I don't pay tithes, currently by the grace of God, I support a radio programme that preaches about the kingdom of God, I'm the lone supporter of the programme at the moment. A Sunday is 8k for only 30-45 minutes on Air and to the glory of God, I've paid for all the Sundays since first Sunday of July this year till December. Do the maths.

By God's Grace, I helped a brother in Christ with roofing his house, I assisted a sister in Christ with getting another apartment.

These are what I prefer to do.

James 1:27 gave us what we need to follow. Leave Malachi 3:10 and focus on the new covenant and see yourself grow faster.

Nevertheless, you're reaping from what you're sowing truly but when it comes to giving in general, you're probably not giving as much as I do for instance.

I always tell people, you cannot pay tithe and give to the poor as you should it's a blatant lie, except if you're very very well to do. In fact, you won't remember the poor and needy since you have already carried what you are forced by the law to part with.

Yet the book of Corinthians says God loves a cheerful giver and we should give not under compulsion but under free will!

Every month, about 30% of my earnings go to my mom and dad. 15% each. About 20% to those in need. That's 50% of my earnings already. Every month.

Mathew 12 mentioned how these so called pastors would prefer you paid tithes than help your parents. And Jesus said it's not a doctrine of God. This is part of the reason why I no longer attend church here in Africa lol. They're crooks.

If I was paying tithes, I could have never given up to 50% of my earnings. It's not possible. But when you step outside you'll see that people are suffering. Those are the ones that needs our prayers, out help and support.

The rest of my earnings, I invest them in my personal projects and business. I don't waste resources.

By the way I don't go to church. Stopped going as well. Over 2 years now FYI.

Chai. Wisdom choke. I feel you bro. Its wiser to spend that money on evangelistic ministries and helping the needy.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Sammy5413(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2023
Pastor, is that you?

3 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by xavuv: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2023
For me, things became softer somehow...
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Sharpsharp00123: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

which church is bill gates paying his tithe too?

I guess u paid into Gods personal account n not your church account or daddy GO account?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ever8090: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2023
Validated:

The poor you will always have with you. Obey God first and the poor will be taken care of.
will be taken care of by who!
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ever8090: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2023
ceejay80s:

It's not about tithe, stop paying and money will still come, if Ur time never reach E never reach, if U like pay tithe from now till 99yrs....
What ever that happens to us has been destined, same way pastor's will lie to U if U don't attend church, u will go to hell, all they want is ur money, during time of Jesus there was only on synagogue in Jerusalem, that's why they travel far to preach the gospel, now ...there's phone, internet,tv, radio , satellite, books etc, do u still need church when as an adult, u know what God wants for u to make heaven?
Now tell me those in far away places during time of Jesus Christ all went to hell fire....God want us to love him and serve him, worship him, love our neighbors as our self, be good to make heaven, s an adult and enlightened agreedfellow in this new age, do u need any body to tell u? U are holier than some of these pastors or imam that preaches to u, don't be decieved...just be good and u are already in heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Remen01(f): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=jaephoenix post=126756010]
Give what belongs to ceasar to ceasar.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by nonhuman(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See another shift of post. Now you are running to hide under the op after I have answered your response

Clearly, you don't have any intelligent thing to say.

oga go and hide your face in shame, you are the one shifting goal post as if you don't have brains,
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by smartr: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2023
candygist:

Also remember some of your family members who don't have food to eat.

This one touch me. I remember when I used to pay tithe meanwhile some family members needed help and I didn't remember them. Shame. I remember giving 100k pledge to a church but I didn't even give my parents 100k to share. Shame. Well, tithing won't make one more financially prudent. You either learn to be prudent or not.. I can't bash tithing sha. But its not for me... I have an uncle whose attitude changed towards my sister because she stopped paying tithe. LOL.

2 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by NNicewitchh: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Tithing changes things,it is our primary obligations as christians to commit ourselves in paying our tithes
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Ever8090: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2023
Annahh:
Don't pay tithe cause you are expecting blessings in return, stop trying to bribe God, pay tithe cause you are giving to God, I pay more than 10% of my salary, cause 10% is even small for my God.
you are giving it to your pastor not God....tell me what God needs money for and I will believe that the money you pay goes to God's account..
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Annahh(f): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2023
Ever8090:
you are giving it to your pastor not God....tell me what God needs money for and I will believe that the money you pay goes to God's account..
It's none of your business whatever I decide to do with my hard earned money, I don't care what happens to the tithe or how it is spent, I'm commanded to pay my tithe and I will pay it till I die.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA / Shiloh 2015 Live Update / Amazing Accounts Of Near-death Experiences

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.