Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe (27804 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by LordReed(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
Tithing opened him up to financial responsibility, he found out the reason he was always making loses. GOD works in different ways; HE said HE will rebuke the devourer. The devourer in this case was his unaccountability.

He didn't state he was making losses and he didn't need to start tithing to make an account of his money.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2023
You said right, tithe does not mean you'll get blessed; tithing without catering for your needs diligently amounts to ZERO.

Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

aswani:

So the GOD that created heaven and earth is the one that you think your tithe and offerings are going to?

Sorry to say that is not true. Your tithes and offerings are going to Daddy G O who has started a church and wants to use your monies to maintain the earthly organisation that he has set up for himself.

Also, your tithes don't ensure blessings, your hard work does as well as an element of being in the right place at the right time.

You want to appreciate God's blessings in your life, pray to him to thank him for them. Pray anywhere, as you are walking on the street, as you are driving your car.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

This is just funny. You're not only happily enriching another man but also deceiving yourself into thinking it is beneficial to do so.

I suspect you're a pastor trying to get more people to give tithe
Seriously. The delusion is on steroids.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2023
You need to read in between the lines. Someone that cannot account for his income at the end of the month, na profit be that?
LordReed:

He didn't state he was making losses and he didn't need to start tithing to make an account of his money.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2023
But in his own case, tithing showed him. See this blessings were talking about is not magic ooo. It's not as if one miracle money go begin dey pour for your pocket. Most times it's not linked to only money.

For example , some people collect salary, na when car go spoil, person go sick,bone issue or the other wey go begin to sap the money. No be devourer be that?
LordReed:

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
You need to read in between the lines. Someone that cannot account for his income at the end of the month, na profit be that?

He couldn't account because he never wrote it down. Do you need to start tithing to write down how much money you earn?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
But in his own case, tithing showed him. See this blessings were talking about is not magic ooo. It's not as if one miracle money go begin dey pour for your pocket. Most times it's not linked to only money.

For example , some people collect salary, na when car go spoil, person go sick,bone issue or the other wey go begin to sap the money. No be devourer be that?

So if you tithe your car no go ever spoil or something no go ever happen wey go need you to spend money?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by pansophist(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
I have never paid tithe a single day in my life. Charity work? I do that. Giving? Of course yes. But tithe, hell no.

And life has been really good.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2023
There are people that write these things down and before their eyes, the money dey disappear. Month in month out. No security on the funds they receive. They barely make it through. How do some people go into debts. They didn't plan it. They wrote it down but it's not still adding up like in this present economy.
LordReed:

He couldn't account because he never wrote it down. Do you need to start tithing to write down how much money you earn?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
Leave that to you and your GOD. Remember, don't practice what you don't believe in. The Malachi 3:10 answer was in response to GODS own children asking HIM about their financial or economic situation. Read it. So they're asking their GOD about HIS promises to them and HE places a reminder and their dealings with HIM. HE is definitely not talking to everyone
LordReed:

So if you tithe your car no go ever spoil or something no go ever happen wey go need you to spend money?
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
So, such situations wonlt leave you completely in deficit, you'll always be helped the GOD you trust in
LordReed:

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2023
That's good for you and no one should force you into doing that.
pansophist:
I have never paid tithe a single day in my life. Charity work? I do that. Giving? Of course yes. But tithe, hell no.

And life has been really good.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by prizeless(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2023
I appreciate this matured discussion. I appreciate you too, no insults or all that, as is common here. Thanks again. There's a lot we can talk about on.
LordReed:

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by djon78(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
You're wise!
Tithing works.

[/i]quote author=Donkogbe post=126735806]i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.

Yeah tithing works

This year I resolved to be paying my tithe regularly and I can say I am better off Financially than when I didn't

One tenth of our money Belongs to God and your local church where you are admonished

Doesn't stop one from giving to the poor

I can comfortably pay tithe in millions now because I believe it's way to honor God and it shows I don't call material things anything because naked we came to this world and the day one goes

No pin goes with you

Tithing doesn't stop one from enjoying his money/wealth

It makes the enjoyment much rewarding: good automobiles, good cribs/house, good investments, quality vacation with family, good apparel, designer clothes, shoes, good food/menu

Life indeed can be enjoyed cause that God wants us to have 🙏

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
There are people that write these things down and before their eyes, the money they disappear. Month in month out. No security on the funds they receive. They barely make it through. How do some people go into debts. They didn't plan it. They wrote it down but it's not still adding up like in this present economy.

Yet there are tithers still in debt or looking for help. It is not a panacea or else all tithers would be at par.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by omojeesu(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2023
Give to the ministry but don't call it tithe.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by djon78(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
Righthussle:

This is just funny. You're not only happily enriching another man but also deceiving yourself into thinking it is beneficial to do so.

I suspect you're a pastor trying to get more people to give tithe

You are not smart honestly

You didn't see from his analogy he wasn't organized in his keeping records of the money he makes
Which is major problem with over 90 percent of Africans
Which our leasers, rulers and politicians also do

To grow Financially, in order to achieve something worthwhile in Life
One must be abreast of his Financial spending

Infact thats the basic number one rule of succeses
The foundation of being wealthy
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Testimony2023: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

i have a problem of having a track record of how much i make weekly and monthly because i am a freelancer so money can come in anytime, anyday.

tithing has helped me reaslise how much of money has been coming my way and how much i make weekly and monthly because once any money comes in now, i will have to jot down the 10% and by sunday i will transfer them to the church account.

Brothers and sisters my october tithe was 24k meaning i made 240k last month.. i am still amazed because i at the end of every month i usually dnt have any money saved in my account but now putting aside 10% of every income has opened my eyes and i just want to thank God for this great revelation.

I have been privileged to be able to increase my tithe from 1,000 naira in year 2017 to 36,000 naira in year 2017 to 95,000 naira in 2020; to more than 150,000 naira in year 2021 to more than 1.2 million naira in year 2023.

Work diligently.
Imagine how fast you want to grow, stop worrying about economic difficulties, pay your tithe in such manner to impress God and you will experience economic and financial miracle.
If you have no money, work for God.
You could clean your church, do domestic chores in orphanage homes, sing in Choir for free.
Soon, you would find opportunities to earn money and grow financially.
Abraham presented his only son before God, God brought established a great nation and great kings through Abraham.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
Blitzerz:

Yet it is school built by Christians and missionaries your papa fit go, otherwise una for be illiterate....ozu
Yes, you are right once again. I went to a missionary school where I was forced to go to church every Sunday and beaten if I didn’t go.
I became a mumu for those periods as I actually became a Christian. But thank to God my mumu ended the day someone approached me with a superior knowledge of God and religion. That was how I was liberated.
You can continue in your mumusm.
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
GOD HAS PROMISED TO OPEN DOORS FOR TITHE PAYERS. U EITHER PAY AND ENJOY THE BLESSINGS OR LEAVE IT !
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Yankee101: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
That’s the essence of tithe, there will be no hunger among God’s people and you’ll understand finances better

If you have discipline to give a tithe of 10%, it will help you save likewise at the minimum
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by djon78(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2023
justmondris:
I have experienced both sides of not paying my tithes and faithfully paying my tithes. I am not a pastor, so I am sharing this truth not in hopes of receiving your tithe. My dear brothers and sisters, paying your tithe faithfully brings divine blessings, increase, and what is written in Malachi 3:10 is truly profound. If you understand, you understand.

Some people want to pay their tithes but find it challenging to do so. This is because they often spend the money on personal expenses first, and before they know it, very little is left, leading them to change their minds. Below are some strategies that helped me overcome this, which you can try:

1: [/b]Obtain your church's account number.
[b]2: [/b]Refrain from spending any of the money until you have transferred the tithe to the account.
[b]3:[/b]Plan and manage the remaining money wisely.

[b]Malachi 3:10

'Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this,' says the LORD of hosts, 'if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.'"

Actually that's the strategy I started using

I got my church account details so once I get my inflow
I remit my tithe immediately

Anyone that castigates tithe is doing so out of ignorance and many people do that.

But tithing brings God into your finances and it's been a lifetime commitment for me now
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by aswani(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2023
prizeless:
Do you doubt GOD or question HIS authority? How can you give to someone you don't love?

Malachi 3:10
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in MY house, And try ME now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

It's either HE is a joker, or HE means what's HE is saying. But HE is only talking to HIS Children, HIS family not everybody.

If you don't believe in tithes, that's ok, you don't need to practice what you don't believe in.

Has your Daddy G O proven he is from the house of Levi? If he has, then I apologise.

If not, then he is clearly another lazy black African who has not been ordained like Levites were to collect tithes on behalf of God but who has seen an opportunity to stop working for a living and to take advantage of other Africans who are too lazy to open their bibles to read and understand when they are being taking advantage of.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Revolva(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:
i have never pay tithe before in my life but i do listen to messages on how this is a way of attracting supernatural blessings from God. this year has been very hard on me and i decided to give tithing a chance which as at now i will never stop paying tithe.

You are still a MUGU ......taking ur money to enrich a rich pastor ....
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by djon78(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
Sillymoderators:

The money you made has nothing to do with the tithe that you paid it was mere coincidence! I hope you will be honest to back tomorrow to tell us that you didn't make money some other months after now despite paying the tithes.

Actually there's what we call faithfulness

Things may not be rosy all the time but because I am faithful be it in good times and bad times God rewards faithfulness

Example look at Abraham

He had Isaac at hundred years
Yet God now asked him to sacrifice that his son Isaac

Abraham actually was going to sacrifice the boy

When he lifted his knife God told him not to harm the boy
He wanted to test Abraham's faithfulness

God now told Abraham that in Blessing he will bless him and multiply him
God found Abraham faithful

Likewise today
Some people turn back on God when things are not rosy

But they don't know that it's there faithfulness that's being tried

If they continue being faithful despite there circumstances

God then certifies them faithful and that's where the individual in question begin to grow exponentially in leaps and bounds

Same scenario happens in marriage
Some couples may be hit with tough times Economically
Some women will turn there back on the Man, some will even divorce
And things definitely turns around, even if it takes time
The marriage has been tried

Likewise it's with obeying God
It's not always Rosy

But if you stand strong
The reward is definitely sweet
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by Blitzerz: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Yes, you are right once again. I went to a missionary school where I was forced to go to church every Sunday and beaten if I didn’t go.
I became a mumu for those periods as I actually became a Christian. But thank to God my mumu ended the day someone approached me with a superior knowledge of God and religion. That was how I was liberated.
You can continue in your mumusm.
Your mumu hasnt ended at all
Only mumus dont know the value of what educated them
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by asiga(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
You just decided to be responsible

It has nothing to do with because you started paying tithe.

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by seunmsg(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
Your mumu never do.

2 Likes

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by hhelenbaker: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2023
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by phemmyfour: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
Donkogbe:

And those that have been paying tithe and still struggling financially....why is the tithe not working for them. Don't be spiritually illiterate.

There are many rich people in this Country that don't pay tithe and are prospering in their biz.

Your financial status isn't a function of paying tithe or not.

Mt 5:45
He causes rain to fall of on both the Righteous and unrighteous

1 Like

Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by kazyhm(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
Validated:

The poor you will always have with you. Obey God first and the poor will be taken care of.

This statement is from a very wicked and mean subconscious...........some like you should never be put in a leadership position.... you'll be worse compared to Hitler.......very mean being!
Re: What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe by kareemkamil(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
My brother, not ur tithing that blessed u, God has already destiny that to u bro, stop being brainwashed, what matter most, remember the less privileged or the orphanage one's around your vicinity,
I think those physically challenged too needs assistance, you can reached out to them too.

God be with you now and always.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.