Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,905 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night (25140 Views)

Diamond Star Commences Export Processing Operations At Lilypond Terminal / OPERATION STING: Governor Nyesom Wike Beefs Up Security In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Savechild23: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
They should release those arrested in the night
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by DatNiggaDaz: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
BATs moves mostly in the night. It used to be a BAT moving bullion vans during the day, but now we have nights shifts
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Jcomtrader: 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
Obakoolex:
Very good development.

I heard the vigilatee shot 2 efcc officials dead at Ibadan....pillar estate off Akala express to be precised.

They wanted to operate around 2pm and were climbing a fence to enter the proposed suspect house.....gboahhhh!

Na vigilantes gunshot you dey hear so, 2 efcc don confirm dead!

Early morning they arrested all the landlords for the area as all the vigilantes don japa undecided

Crazy
When was this
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Felabarmudia: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
Pls. dose anyone know what this stone is,and if it has any value?

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by PRINCEBISI1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
58 Students have been released tonight while discussions is on for the remaining 11.

They bleeped with the wrong people, not everyone with laptop or iPhone is doing fraud.

Great ife for a reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by BennyDGreat: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Felabarmudia:

Create a thread and post in the business section...you could get someone who's into precious stones business.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Flier: 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
Yoruba government will always be different,if you look at the way Tinubu handled Porthacourt PDP crisis and this EFCC issue, you will realize this government has a listening ear
Night clubs will celebrate this

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Flier: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
PRINCEBISI1:
58 Students have been released tonight while discussions is on for the remaining 11.

They bleeped with the wrong people, not everyone with laptop or iPhone is doing fraud.

Great ife for a reason.
Everyone have been released
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Nwaotu10(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
PRINCEBISI1:

Great ife for a reason.

People carrying laptops in Nigeria are unfairly viewed as suspects, creating a sense of fear for individuals like me who, as a video editor, worry that law enforcement may not easily accept my legitimate reasons for having a laptop.

I'm always feeling uneasy when travelling with my laptop.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Blue3k(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
Winning123:
How do you know they are innocent?

Everyone is innocent till proven otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Benwallt(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hendrixky:
Very good

Nigeria youths una don hear abi

Efcc nor get right to burst you for night

The one way dey pain me pass na the phone way una still dey open for police anytime them demand for am despite the fact say their oga IG don talk say police nor get right to search your phone

Most Nigeria youths are cowards and them nor know their rights

If na tribalism now Nigeria youth go get power

Very disgusting set of youths

Another discret night operations will be launched
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Felabarmudia: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Create a thread and post in the business section...you could get someone who's into precious stones business.

Thanks!
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by StUriah(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
Crystal, I guess

Good for purifying water for drinking

Put it under your pillow, pray for divine enlightenment, guidance and spiritual development.

Felabarmudia:
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by SuccessfulRichi: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
I call them the LEGAL ARMED ROBBERS. I have my own reasons. My friend is living a lavish life like a top politicians because of the ill gotten wealth from 'EFCC work'. Yahoo boys. They do a lot of mobile transfer the night they burst you to get freedom. So they release some and carry some [sup][/sup]
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by erico2k2(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hendrixky:
Very good

The one way dey pain me pass na the phone way una still dey open for police anytime them demand for am despite the fact say their oga IG don talk say police nor get right to search your phone

Its only a stewpid man that argues with a man with the Gun

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Freelancer2020(m): 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Heroicvic:
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA HAS BAN THE PURCHASE OF FOREIGN VEHICLE AND OPTED TO USE LOCALLY MANUFACTURED VEHICLES TO BOOST THE ECONOMY

Tell us another story "I dedicate collateral damage by burna boy to y'all... Here are some lyrics

Now who? now who dey here?
Money dey here
The Thiefi thiefi come major
Wey make the suffer come dey here?
Suffer yapa mukutun, brukutum
Wey dey make people sukun
Tukutum, won ni inu won o dun
Brukutum, suffer yapa mutukum
The people do you well well
And dem dey laugh you well well
And dem dey see as e deh sele
Them sef dey flenjor well well
Yeah, yeah ooh
My people suffer well well
Police dey slap here well well
Hungry dey wire dem well well
Oluwa oluwa oluwa ooo

O gbo n kan, injury 02.
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Harddiskng(m): 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
You come to my house at night behaving like thieves, you’d be treated like thieves.

When uninvited strangers try to force entry into your home at ungodly hour, please pick up a knife or cutlass, whichever is closest to you. Whoever it is, don’t hesitate! Nigerian is too unsafe for hesitation,

since EFCC has refused to hire educated staff, that would come in daylight and identify themselves with the right documentations. The ones that survive will learn.

When they lose some of agents, they would come to court to explain what exactly they were trying to achieve behaving like thieves at such ungodly hour undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Zico5(m): 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
A medical graduate waiting for induction this month is among the students arrested. I wonder how it's possible for a medical student to get involved in yahoo. I think they have done the right thing.
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by sematec(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
Why efcc at night
that the police job
so we nigerians should now be sleeping with one eye abi
good ban
allow the police do their job
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Freelane33(m): 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
ACT 2023 of human right violation
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Reference(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
handsomeyinka:
Better...
Sting operations at night isn't the best without proper investigation.

I don't think folks here including the EFCC knows what a 'sting operation' is.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Reference(m): 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
Harddiskng:
You come to my house at night behaving like thieves, you’d be treated like thieves.

When uninvited strangers try to force entry into your home at ungodly hour, please pick up a knife or cutlass, whichever is closest to you. Whoever it is, don’t hesitate! Nigerian is too unsafe for hesitation,

since EFCC has refused to hire educated staff, that would come in daylight and identify themselves with the right documentations. The ones that survive will learn.

When lose some of agents, they would come to court to explain what exactly they were trying to achieve behaving like thieves at such ungodly hour undecided

That is not a 'sting'.
The concept of a sting has to do with attracting criminal behaviour to entrap suspected felons just like a a person attracted to steal honey from a hive is greeted by bees. In a nutshell it is also known as a honey trap.

It is commonly used to entrap drug peddlers, prostitutes and other nefarious service providers and their patrons. I don't know how it applies to the EFCC and financial crimes except they go about flaunting financial information or access paraphernalia.

I think the message they are trying to convey is that they will stop night raids on suspected criminal locations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Starboytwo(m): 12:09am On Nov 02, 2023
Hendrixky:
Very good

you want make them shoot person?
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Goddyrichie(m): 12:54am On Nov 02, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
WHEN BUHARI SAID PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN YOUTHS WERE LAZY....YOU ALL DIDN'T UNDERSTAND

BUHARI KNEW HOW WE NIGERIAN YOUTHS WERE IN THE 80'S AND 90'S

THE STUDENTS WENT TO EFCC OFFICE TO PROTEST AND THE OFFICE WAS STILL STANDING

IF THIS WAS THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS FROM THE 80'S AND 90'S BY NOW EVEN THE EFCC CHAIRMAN WOULD HAVE GONE ON EXILE IN NIGER REPUBLIC

I MISS WE NIGERIAN YOUTHS FROM THE 80'S AND 90'S

IF WE NIGERIAN YOUTHS FROM THE 80'S AND 90'S WAS THIS USELESS LIKE THE PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN YOUTHS....BY NOW WE WOULD STILL BE IN MILITARY REGIME
90s and 80s youth wey OBJ kill like chicken abi which one u Dey talk
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Originalsly: 1:10am On Nov 02, 2023
The problem is not when the operation is carried out .... still g operation can he carried out day or night. The problem is having good reason and evidence to carry out the operation and effect arrest? These guys arrested and now freed should sue the EFCC for wrongful arrest. The EFCC would have to explain why each was arrested and that would be a big problem.

"We arrested Emeka because of his hairstyle.... dreadlocks. "
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by jaytimeo: 2:44am On Nov 02, 2023
Profiling is bad can’t believe it’s happening to us same people ,Nazi profile Jews ,white profile black everywhere In the world and right here in Nigeria,Nigerians profile Nigerians.
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by Heroicvic(m): 3:39am On Nov 02, 2023
Freelancer2020:

O gbo n kan, injury 02.

You Sabi 😂
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by livinbygrace: 4:04am On Nov 02, 2023
When Northerners we’re head of the agency we accused them of enslaving the southerner,now that a southerner has been appointed I hope they readjust their mode of operation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by tafabaloo(m): 4:10am On Nov 02, 2023
This was not a sting operation.

Just a normal arrest of suspected fraudsters.
Meanwhile, why is EFCC carrying out arrest in d night, when those involved are not armed robbers or terrorists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by kaludestiny10(m): 6:00am On Nov 02, 2023
Face saving statement.
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by onyxo76(m): 6:04am On Nov 02, 2023
very useless and fraudulent agency, they will need to tender a big apology for publishing innocent people names as fraudsters on its platform what now happens to the image of those whose names were published?

I suspect they must have picked up some whose parents must have been highly connected to the senate president or maybe even tinubu himself, the new effc chairman no wan quick lose his new job, hence the quick press release, normally effc no dey send anyone before.
Re: EFCC Bans Sting Operations At Night by tete7000(m): 6:04am On Nov 02, 2023
Where is that foolish Itsey Sagay that support4d that foolish efcc boss appointed by Buhari without senate confirmation? It was that idiotic efcc boss that started this lawless arrest of people at night.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari / Fuel Crisis Worsens As Motorists Struggle To Get Fuel In Abuja / Senate President, Lawan, Visits Tinubu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.