Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today (60320 Views)

Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) / Hundreds Of Birds Drop From The Sky In Mexico & Die (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Lovelydaisies: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
I see it around the moon too.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Showguyz: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
It call a halo sun It's a weather phenomenon
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Breadistaken(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
Nigerians sef we person say he see halo which is a natural phenomenon na so people wey film and Hollywood dey play with there head dey talk na alien portal ,while one brother dey take him Tim use am preach gospel. SMH smh 😐
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by passionberry(f): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
CJStarz:

Nigerians are too hungry to look up.
grin grin
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Headward: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Happened in the US last month tho
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by chaloskyx: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
rapture has occured if you are still here you have been left behind now your tribulation begins awon wereyπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Marknsukabag: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
saasala:
Na your phone camera dey draw line around the sun.

Nothing special

Wrong ,I saw it too. Around 11pm sometime last week . I would have captured it but my phone has a very bad camera.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
LordReed:

Return soon for 2000years. Soon doesn't have meaning again bah?

When you think He's late, He's still on time. That's how He rolls. It's not even a week yet, you seem more expectant than the people He's coming for, lolz.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Tsekarmsugh: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
End of days
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by JagabanB: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
CJStarz:
Bia nwokem,must you connect everything to election? Get a life man. Move on.

U folks are still emotional about the loss and it will be like that till another election.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by JagabanB: 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
KingMack:

bro I no tell you say I dey hungry..am speaking of an average Nigerian like you
The data in my phone will double whatever u have in your phone.
Everyone is hungry crooners.
Speak for ur hungry self.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by EmpressOne(f): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
the sun is a portal to different dimensions
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Mayokun2019: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Saw exactly this same "phenomenon" last Good Friday. Time was around 9 am and it remained in the sky till about 12 noon, probably longer. But in this case, it surrounded the sun and inside the circle was fairly dark. I zoomed in on it and took a shot with my Sony Dev 50V digital recording Binocular.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Bluntemperor: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
Daniellano:

Currently residing in Lagos, took this shot in ikoyi Lagos

Welldone Sir.
But why is CNN Not Reporting this and what Name will they called it?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by MamaletASO: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
It's a weather phenomenon..

Nothing scary... Putin hasn't discharge yet.. No WWIII... World never end

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by NOwazobia: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
CJStarz:

Nigerians are too hungry to look up.
Dude, what is this nonsense πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by phemmyfour: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Daniellano:
Saw this today and was wondering if anyone saw it too and also if anyone has an explanation for this.
It happened between 11:30am and 12noon.
I took this shot in ikoyi, Lagos.
It's a lot bigger than this but I used wide angle shot to capture it, it also felt very close to earth
Nothing serious, mere cloud vs rainbow coincidence
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by javakind: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
Yea I saw it too and a did a video of it around 11am. Here is the link to the video.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/993546635207719?mibextid=9drbnH

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by CJStarz: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bia nwokem,go and drink water.

JagabanB:

U folks are still emotional about the loss and it will be like that till another election.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Sprints3: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
This ones na for Mumu wey no believe earth is flat and the sky is filled with water...
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by BeigJawnson(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Daniellano:
Saw this today and was wondering if anyone saw it too and also if anyone has an explanation for this.
It's a lot bigger than this but I used wide angle shot to capture it, it also felt very close to earth

I have seen this before too, infact I snapped it the way you did. But lost it through my broken memory card... It is called Halo, the sun reflecting through something like crystals in the sky.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by slimik: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Artiiclebeast:
Have you heard Beyonce's "Halo"?

That's a Halo...

Your are right, Moon ring and Sun ring....halo
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Daniellano:

What you saw is evidence that the earth is flat and closed in the firmament. Also, I liked the bolded, which is also evidence that the sun is in the earth's atmosphere and not the lies been told that it is 93m miles away from earth in an imaginary outter space
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
BigDawsNet:

This is called a glory, which NASA defines as an optical phenomenon..

loll grin grin grin
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
FlatEarthGuy20:
Halo....And that's the reflection from the firmament. Earth is an enclosed realm. Earth is flat.

Unfortunately, they will never believe.

They think earth is a ball floating in an imaginary space held by gravity grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
ibkonekt:

Its the reflection of the sun on the firmament of the flat earth.

A lot won't believe this, many don't even know whats happening right in front of them

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
nospmoht:
That just a reflection of the dome up there. There is no space out there. We are in a covering

It's glad seeing that people are waking up to see the lies dished in schools.

Well done my friend

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by TheKingIsHere: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
nospmoht:

The earth is indeed an enclosed place. NASA have been lying since day one

Many dont even know the true meaning of Nasa
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Tetraozonaitera: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2023
It is RingSun. At times it is called SunRing
Some call it RingRing sef.

It comes out when ringworm wants to spread. Please make sure little kids wear shoes or slippers to play outside for the next seven days. Especially, in those areas that have ring in their names. Like Ring Road in Ibadan.
It's not a joke.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Daniellano: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Like seriously?

What else did you see?
Well the inner part of the circle was a bit darker than the outer part then the sun was sitting in the centre of the circle
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by Daniellano: 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
eddyj36:
That is the planet jupiter.. The earth, sun in the middle and jupiter on the far end.. All aligned today. So the big circle around the sun is Jupiter's reflection
Exactly 2hat I told my colleagues it looks like a planet cos the entire circle was darker than the surrounding sky
Re: What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today by ElValiente(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Construction 🚧 company suppressing the sun β˜€ light. Naija way grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures) / 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist / 15-Year-Old Boy Hooks A Rare Giant Albino Catfish In Tennessee, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.