Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Should I Quit Or Continue - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit Or Continue (13361 Views)

My Boss Uses Divide And Rule System: Should I Quit Or Ignore / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / Should I resign or continue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by NwaNimo1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Be grateful you are busy making money no matter how hectic........

....its better than busy being poor!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Kolena: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
I've totally stopped chemotherapy due to lack of funds. The pain relievers which I take have finished and right now, I'm battling pains and hunger, with no one to help. I'm begging, can anyone please assist?
THREE ONE FOUR SEVEN SEVEN ZERO ONE THREE ZERO EIGHT
FIRST BANK
Please someone should come to my rescue, I'm begging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by AzaHub(f): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hmm? grin
Funny enough I couldnt read all. But follow your best sense

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by OgaTheTop2: 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
You want to quit, in this emilokan regime? Abeg, continue. No jump from frying pan to fire. Nigeria will be what we make it to be. No quit o. He go better.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Biola67: 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Quit

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by SegunBABA007(m): 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by guvencci1: 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
Is Nairaland now advertising fraud? The guy opened his profile about a week ago and even left his phone number on his profile. Deal with him at your peril.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by FaceTanke: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Quitinue

🥴
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Deicide: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Advertisement, Mtchewwwww

11 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Olarewaju89: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
undecided

You are making money and you are still complaining undecided

I suspect scam stories here

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
cool
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Jetland(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
grin
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by 1nigeriamyfoot: 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bait!!!

Don't fall for scam!!!

Account opened just a week ago, had contact number on his profile

Dem go come up with one story to lure unsuspecting members of public to their net

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Stonerobaba(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
Count yourself lucky that you have something doing in this crazy naija economy. Shey you will joint betnaija gang instead? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Rajman45(m): 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
U made 30m in 3 years, and ur thinking weda to quit or not. Oga, who do u.
Wettin u de wait for since

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by MDBAKP: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
Quit your job and use the 30 million play papa ijebu.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by anslemarinze52(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Why do you wanna quit, unless you feel to venture Into business or other things,I see no reason you should quit.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Dething: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hummmm! You matter tire me. I swear!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by 1nigeriamyfoot: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Shoodboi:
Is Nairaland now advertising fraud? The guy opened his profile about a week ago and even left his phone number on his profile. Deal with him at your peril.

I'm glad that am not the only one seeing it

23 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by TheRealOwner(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
Fake story. Engage at your own risk

16 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by jospepper(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
I smell a scam rat.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by CorrectionFLuid: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
Shoodboi:

It's a renewed hope economy. Gather mulla however you can. Don't blame Seun.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Geovanni412(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
1nigeriamyfoot:
Bait!!!

Don't fall for scam!!!

Account opened just a week ago, had contact number on his profile

Dem go come up with one story to lure unsuspecting members of public to their net

The guy funny die...

Someone who is smart enough to make huge funds like that shouldn't have a problem thinking of a new business to pivot into.

Farmland dey....men need agbado.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by jayjayjones: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Are you being real with this question of yours or you are joking? Is there any other hustle anywhere that is not 'demanding'??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by looseweight: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Shoodboi:

You should have bolded your statement. You will be saving a lot of People from heart attack and suicide.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Wujio: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
U no go retire angry
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Josywhyte: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
As much the work is hectic and tasking, it still doesn't stop you from resting biko.
You've made some millions,give the body some rest off the screen,at least a few days. Na who dey alive na him dey chop money o. No go hustle kpai leave money.
Remember.... HEALTH IS WEALTH

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Nobody should fall for this cheap scam.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by seborrhic: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
First 8 months in trading made ₦4m as a beginner cool

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India / Oil Workers Block Imo Govt House, Demand Salaries (photo) / FG Uncovers Multiple Entries Of Over 1000 Names On Workers’ Payroll, IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.