Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Should I Quit Or Continue - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit Or Continue (13381 Views)

My Boss Uses Divide And Rule System: Should I Quit Or Ignore / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / Should I resign or continue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by hegelian: 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emmizay12:

Sharrraaaaapp!!!!

As a profitable Forex trader that I am, I smell a very dirty lie

You are making money from trading and you call it stressful because of what godddam backtesting, So people that are losing money from trading left right center, what will they call it?

Learning any skill is the most difficult aspect,. Earning from that skill is the easiest thing to do

You just want to scam your elders
U even dey reply am.. Becoming a successful trader in 3 years and even earning 30million in that 3 years.. Na beans?? 3 years that u don't even know your left from right yet..
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
Olarewaju89:
undecided

You are making money and you are still complaining undecided

I suspect scam stories here

It's not about the money anymore,it's taking a toll on my mental health
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
hegelian:

U even dey reply am.. Becoming a successful trader in 3 years and even earning 30million in that 3 years.. Na beans?? 3 years that u don't even know your left from right yet..

And you realise there are traders that have traded for 10yrs with no results right
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by donhils: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
I'm sure he's waiting for people to contact him and say they're interested in trading.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by doneback04: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
Centpico:
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks

Here is my WhatsApp number 08162377311 send me messages, I want to learn and do something meaningful with my life a Skil that can help me I feel so much depress some time I hardly sleep at night because I feel am not achieving the things I need to do
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
doneback04:

Here is my WhatsApp number 08162377311 send me messages, I want to learn and do something meaningful with my life a Skil that can help me I feel so much depress some time I hardly sleep at night because I feel am not achieving the things I need to do

Truth is, trading is not as easy as it looks,it also has an effect on mental health,would prefer you tackle your depression first and then see how it goes from there. Trading takes time and alot of effort and money too , really don't want you falling deeper into that depression will advice you look into something else, i don't advice trading. And about you feeling like you haven't achieved much, a lot of people are on that table even me so don't look use other people's race to compare with your's. Its not always greener on the other side
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
donhils:
I'm sure he's waiting for people to contact him and say they're interested in trading.

No,I'm looking for alternatives and would be glad if you have one
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Kumta: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
Centpico:
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Fredchisom(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Na them
Qbuzz abi qnet..bring 650k for start up.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Blackdisciple(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hmmm quit Keeh in this " Na my turn" regime give it one more year from now and see how it will be..
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Hmmm quit Keeh in this " Na my turn" regime give it one more year from now and see how it will be..

Its not the physical stress that's even the issue its the mental stress it's causing me. My loosing months are mentally stressful and yes the money comes large sometimes but its not as consistent as salary
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Sirianese: 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
Centpico:

I actually didn't pay for this

Anytime mugu fall you go pay na

Mugu fall, guyman chop...mod collect his share
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Blackdisciple(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
Centpico:

Its not the physical stress that's even the issue its the mental stress it's causing me. My loosing months are mentally stressful and yes the money comes large sometimes but its not as consistent as salary

Hmmm cry cry
Bro many today leave their houses by 4:30am to beat traffic to work they will resume by 7am then I asked what time do they wake up to prepare for work and for sure they are salary workers and they get paid before ending of the month that one is sure no owing salaries to be honest ooo I prefer the much pay even if it's salary or remote job I don't mind the time to be put in as long as the pay comes, interval can take 1-2 months sometimes but if it will come big no prob.

In that I will not go to rent apartment of more than 500k
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sirianese:

Anytime mugu fall you go pay na

Mugu fall, guyman chop...mod collect his share

You're actually confuse at this point
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Hmmm cry cry
Bro many today leave their houses by 4:30am to beat traffic to work they will resume by 7am then I asked what time do they wake up to prepare for work and for sure they are salary workers and they get paid before ending of the month that one is sure no owing salaries to be honest ooo I prefer the much pay even if it's salary or remote job I don't mind the time to be put in as long as the pay comes, interval can take 1-2 months sometimes but if it will come big no prob.

In that I will not go to rent apartment of more than 500k

I'm actually trying to figure out this remote job of a thing, would really love to know more. Trading is after my mental health at this point
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by sirblend: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emmacy001:

Can you teach me.
I will pay

You guys don't learn......

If Dem scam you na OYO be that .
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Sirianese: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Centpico:

You're actually confuse at this point

Yeah thief
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sirianese:

Yeah thief

Awnnn...
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emmacy001:

Can you teach me.
I will pay

At this point I'm actually looking for a way out, not more mentees.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by NobleDeSage001: 7:57am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

Sitting before the screen for hours checking and looking at the charts and waiting for the opportunity to come can be very tasking.

Have you thought of algorithmic trading? Since you have a profitable strategy that wins trades, why not automate it.

Implement that profitable strategy into an EA and use your time for something else.
This way, you will spend less time on the screen and you will have control over your mental health.

Also, have you tried Deriv's synthetic trades? They are not subject to fundamental analysis. Now that you are a master with technical analysis, you will make more money on Deriv.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by hegelian: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

And you realise there are traders that have traded for 10yrs with no results right
understandably... but you cant trade for just 3 years have that type of success especially giving your background, situations and experience...you are a scam bro, a very big scam
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2023
hegelian:

understandably... but you cant trade for just 3 years have that type of success especially giving your background, situations and experience...you are a scam bro, a very big scam

Have you heard of prop firms or you just can't help having a closed mind
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2023
NobleDeSage001:

Sitting before the screen for hours checking and looking at the charts and waiting for the opportunity to come can be very tasking.

Have you thought of algorithmic trading? Since you have a profitable strategy that wins trades, why not automate it.

Implement that profitable strategy into an EA and use your time for something else.
This way, you will spend less time on the screen and you will have control over your mental health.

Also, have you tried Deriv's synthetic trades? They are not subject to fundamental analysis. Now that you are a master with technical analysis, you will make more money on Deriv.

If it was that easy i would have done it since, and even sold it but that's not how it works esp the kinda strat and experience i use
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Blackdisciple(m): 8:40am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

I'm actually trying to figure out this remote job of a thing, would really love to know more. Trading is after my mental health at this point

Hmmm.. cry cry

Well I don't know anything about trading but I thought trading is all smiling because making money in dollars through trading is a top notch, it's like you know much about finance you can get employed by a firm for the monthly pay and still be doing your trading too
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Hmmm.. cry cry

Well I don't know anything about trading but I thought trading is all smiling because making money in dollars through trading is a top notch, it's like you know much about finance you can get employed by a firm for the monthly pay and still be doing your trading too

It's not all smiling, at all, most times you have to stay strong when the losses come and reinvest when the wins come too to cover losses. It's not as straightforward as most people think.

Can't think of any finance company that pays very much, i actually got an advice from one of my cousins to delve into tech
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by NobleDeSage001: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

If it was that easy i would have done it since, and even sold it but that's not how it works esp the kinda strat and experience i use

There is no strategy that is not implementable into an EA if you know how.
It will definitely not come easy, but once you achieve it, the rest is history.

It is similar to what you advised someone up there. It is harder to acquire trading skills and easier to stay profitable once you master the art of trading.

It is hard to design a profitable EA, but once you achieve it, it is easier to stay profitable and scale up your earnings carefully.
It is achievable.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Blackdisciple(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

It's not all smiling, at all, most times you have to stay strong when the losses come and reinvest when the wins come too to cover losses. It's not as straightforward as most people think.

Can't think of any finance company that pays very much, i actually got an advice from one of my cousins to delve into tech

Hmmm... cry cry

If you know much about tech then it's another win bro because there's chop in tech too your cousin actually gave you a good one there..
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:15am On Nov 04, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Hmmm... cry cry

If you know much about tech then it's another win bro because there's chop in tech too your cousin actually gave you a good one there..

He actually works in naija for a company abroad, remote job specifically and i actually don't mind that. Will definitely ask more questions to know how to go about it
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2023
1nigeriamyfoot:
Bait!!!

Don't fall for scam!!!

Account opened just a week ago, had contact number on his profile

Dem go come up with one story to lure unsuspecting members of public to their net

Stop speaking Trash.

@Centpico

You may want to write the following guys, to see how they cope, look for Ejimi the profitable investor or ICT. Write to these guys and get a response from them.

Your limitation at the moment is lack of insight as simple as that. There's something you need to know about trading full time that you don't hence you being overwhelmed.

These are full time traders and I know a bit about thier lifestyle, they live balanced lives.

I know the wahala that comes with trading.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Stop speaking Trash.

@Centpico

You may want to write the following guys, to see how they cope, look for Ejimi the profitable investor or ICT. Write to these guys and get a response from them.

Your limitation at the moment is lack of insight as simple as that. There's something you need to know about trading full time that you don't hence you being overwhelmed.

These are full time traders and I know a bit about thier lifestyle, they live balanced lives.

I know the wahala that comes with trading.

It's my mental health im looking being wary of at this point. The pain of loosing months and having to reinvest even in those months is something else. Being advised to delve into tech and i think i might just send all my resources into that
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

It's my mental health im looking being wary of at this point. The pain of loosing months and having to reinvest even in those months is something else. Being advised to delve into tech and i think i might just send all my resources into that

Let me tell you a story, I learnt trading some years back, told my mom to sell her car and give me the money, that I want to trade with it and will gain the money back in six months, in less than three months I lost the entire money. Lols

I can tell you for free, there's something you need to check within, and if you don't it doesn't matter which sector you delve into, that limitation will catch up with you, it's better you heal from it and decide to stop trading, but stopping trading because you're repeatedly losing to do tech looks like an escape, something is bringing you to this point find out what it is, take a retreat and figure yourself out. If after your retreat, switching is the best thing, then you have don justice to your decision.

So look for those who have been doing this game for at least 10 years and seek thier counsel. From thier talk, discover your own limitation and the best thing to do afterwards. This is a deep research and self discovery bro, what you will find will be your edge for massive growth and proof against failures in this regard.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Higher3g(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2023
I pity u sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanofijoy 2.0 Announced Internship Programme For Young Nigerians / Tips For Passing Online Or Video Interview / Describe Your Job In One Word.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.