Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (38733 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Phyde: 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
Honestfrend:
The last time subscribe my Goat :PTV was 4years ago.. I don't think the hike is for me.. undecided
Tell me about this PTV
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 3:12am On Nov 06, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Go for SLTV Metro digital

I would have gone for that if i didn't buy Starlink ....... At least i watch all types of programme online without lagging
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 3:16am On Nov 06, 2023
porthouse7:
the app is the major problem, I have 5G network too, which app are u streaming from

TiviMate with Premium Subscription
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mightyify(m): 4:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well done.

Seriously, that company has to go!

We're here to make sure that happens. That's why we offer unbeatable IPTV services.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mightyify(m): 4:33am On Nov 06, 2023
olumide4christ:

I have dumped DSTV completely since May when they increased Compact subscription to N10,500.

Funny enough, even my children who spent the most time on DSTV watching cartoons have moved on. They are content watching those same cartoons, even recent and current episodes on YouTube.

It's been 6 months now and they have never complained.

Smart TV, IPTV and Set top boxes are king now. I plan to get a Mi Box before the end of the year.

DSTV is gone for good for us. They have been calling me to subscribe for 1 month and get another month free...the best I do is just answer their calls and after that, ignore them 😆😆😆

We offer best IPTV services in NIGERIA
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mightyify(m): 4:34am On Nov 06, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

How much is it ??

Get a test for 24hrs free.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Voiceofthestree: 7:39am On Nov 06, 2023
vicben27:
go get a HD decoder it should be btw 5 to 8k, get ur mini dish, 2 LNB reciever nilesat and any other installation fee should be btwn 3K to 5k. Everything shouldn't be more than 18 to 20k. Enjoy free cable for life

I can get those those but who will install it for me that my problem
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Voiceofthestree: 7:39am On Nov 06, 2023
Mightyify:

Get a test for 24hrs free.
Please assist me
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by porthouse7(f): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
fashrola:

TiviMate with Premium Subscription
not on Apple store
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
porthouse7:
not on Apple store

I am using it with my Onn Tv box... I guess its for android users
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by porthouse7(f): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2023
fashrola:

I am using it with my Onn Tv box... I guess its for android users
is it an app? Can I download it if I have android phone
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mayorwer: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
The only solution to dstv wahala is cheap data price.

But we have had terrible visionless ediots handling the communication ministry (including the present ediot) for so long, that internet data is still a luxury for average Nigerians in 2023.

If there is enough data, dstv will beg people to subscribe and making promo after promo to reduce their price.

This is the only solution to break the monopoly power . Data is not supposed to be as cost as this..

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 1:18am On Nov 07, 2023
porthouse7:
is it an app? Can I download it if I have android phone

It is an app.... but you will need a subscription for the IPTV, the app is just a medium to have an access to the IPTV services
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by porthouse7(f): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2023
fashrola:

It is an app.... but you will need a subscription for the IPTV, the app is just a medium to have an access to the IPTV services
so I will have to buy a tv box to watch on tv or can watch directly from my phone
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by vicben27(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

I can get those those but who will install it for me that my problem
Any regular installer can! Even the DStv guys can
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
porthouse7:
so I will have to buy a tv box to watch on tv or can watch directly from my phone

You can watch it on your phone too

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2023
fashrola:

Use Cyberstick and thank me later.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2023
Mayorwer:

This is the only solution to break the monopoly power . Data is not supposed to be as cost as this..
Have you heard of Cyberstick?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.

Who are the DSTV competitors in the industry? There are Startimes, MyTV, TSTV etc. (that's what I meant by "little or no viable alternatives" ).

Of course you have Options to download or stream Internet Contents, go to viewing centers, use FTA, or even to abandon your DSTV Decoder & stop watching TV.
There's an alternative.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
There's an alternative.
What's the alternative, a viable alternative?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

What's the alternative, a viable alternative?
CyberStick today announced the launch of the localized version of its streaming service in one of Africa’s biggest markets: Nigeria. Just as it did in their launch party 🎉 in Lekki some days back, the tech giant is attempting to boost its subscriber push in new markets like Africa by increasing its investment in local production, unveiling slates of localized originals and introducing discounted offerings to customers.

CyberStick launched in Africa in 2010 as part of its global push across more than 200 countries worldwide, bringing some serious competition to Netflix’s global plan launched that same year.

The company plans to launch in other markets like South Africa. In a TikTok video by its official account cyberstick, the company said that customers in Nigeria can stream more original TV shows and movies within its ecosystem as long as your have a HDMI port on your TV.”

According to its website, the service will cost ₦39,500, there are no trial period, no subscription and no monthly payment. Thus, for the first time, users in Nigeria will be able to watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and many more.

CyberStick and other streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, Canal+ and Showmax are vying for Africa’s 2026-projected 15 million video-on-demand subscribers. According to Digital TV Research, an analytics firm, CyberStick has sold over 600,000 customers in Africa and might add 1.5 million new subscribers compared to Netflix’s 3 million subscribers in the next four years.

To gain more market share amid a streaming war for African content and eyeballs, CyberStick has been collaborating with filmmakers and content creators in Nigeria regarding the production of original and licensed content. The past couple of months has seen the service make strategic moves, such as closing theatrical outlet agreements with Anthill Studios, Inkblot Productions and Evoke Studios, hiring Insight Publicis as its creative agency.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
CyberStick today announced the launch of the localized version of its streaming service in one of Africa’s biggest markets: Nigeria. Just as it did in their launch party 🎉 in Lekki some days back, the tech giant is attempting to boost its subscriber push in new markets like Africa by increasing its investment in local production, unveiling slates of localized originals and introducing discounted offerings to customers.

CyberStick launched in Africa in 2010 as part of its global push across more than 200 countries worldwide, bringing some serious competition to Netflix’s global plan launched that same year.

The company plans to launch in other markets like South Africa. In a TikTok video by its official account cyberstick, the company said that customers in Nigeria can stream more original TV shows and movies within its ecosystem as long as your have a HDMI port on your TV.”

According to its website, the service will cost ₦39,500, there are no trial period, no subscription and no monthly payment. Thus, for the first time, users in Nigeria will be able to watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and many more.

CyberStick and other streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, Canal+ and Showmax are vying for Africa’s 2026-projected 15 million video-on-demand subscribers. According to Digital TV Research, an analytics firm, CyberStick has sold over 600,000 customers in Africa and might add 1.5 million new subscribers compared to Netflix’s 3 million subscribers in the next four years.

To gain more market share amid a streaming war for African content and eyeballs, CyberStick has been collaborating with filmmakers and content creators in Nigeria regarding the production of original and licensed content. The past couple of months has seen the service make strategic moves, such as closing theatrical outlet agreements with Anthill Studios, Inkblot Productions and Evoke Studios, hiring Insight Publicis as its creative agency.
Well it's not yet an alternative, until it is deployed and giving DSTV serious competition.
Remember how TSTV came up with so much hype but fizzled out at the end.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Well it's not yet an alternative, until it is deployed and giving DSTV serious competition.
Remember how TSTV came up with so much hype but fizzled out at the end.
Check their website and social media platforms.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
Check their website and social media platforms.
Ok. Thks

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by porthouse7(f): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2023
fashrola:

You can watch it on your phone too
thanks
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Meerahbel: 6:47am On Nov 09, 2023
wink
GanagiBitrus:

Ok. Thks
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bbr2(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2023
Fire TV Stick 4K (8GB storage, 2GB RAM, Wi-Fi 6, supports Dolby Atmos audio, include Alexa Voice Remote)
Brand New Sealed
₦50,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bbr2(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2023
Bbr2:
Fire TV Stick 4K (8GB storage, 2GB RAM, Wi-Fi 6, supports Dolby Atmos audio, include Alexa Voice Remote)
Brand New Sealed
₦50,000

Available in Lagos
0 7 0 4 2 5 0 9 0 0 7

Still available
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by pikechukwu6(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2023
Love800:
U downloaded it on ur fone or t.v?

phone and copy to flash plus play from TV USD port
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ok
pikechukwu6:

phone and copy to flash plus play from TV USD port
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Foreverecharge1: 12:55am On Nov 17, 2023
Friends
Recharge your server enabled receivers to watch paid channels from many satellites
Forever
Funcam
Vip
Apollo
Gshare...

Write me on+919809909600

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mike's Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton Begs Nigerians To Support Husband / Showmax Pro Brings EPL Live-Streaming To Nigeria / It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.