Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (38728 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by stacyadams: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

I am in Edo state but will be coming to Lagos ending of this month
okay
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Can u define dis smart t.v for me?
Jeezuzpick:

Better believe it Pal!

A smart TV is like having an Explora with Pay-Per-View.

You got YouTube, Prime, Netflix, all sorts of channels, news, sports.....
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
U downloaded it on ur fone or t.v?
pikechukwu6:
I have downloaded enough cartoon videos for my child... DSTV will tire. I no watch it again...period. they called me today to subscribe so I can get bonus. I tell them I will sub when I get money grin grin
with #100 I can buy data for football matches for the week grin cheesy
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
Can u define dis smart t.v for me pls?
Wat is the difference between it and regular t.v?
AchrafHakimi:

You don't need a laptop to enjoy programs with data.
Smart TVs exist.

You see why I say its a sign of illiteracy?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
This buisness still dey exist sef?
I know one guy wey dey do am some years back. He is always moving around with ladder.
Hoelujohn:

Where I was staying years ago inn Lagos, there was this guy that connects his decoder to homes that are willing to pay token monthly. Maybe ppl can start sharing signals just like hotels do
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hw does it work?
stillmaticOG:

This people complaining doesn't know that there's something called an Amazon fire stick. If they do, they would gladly Uninstall their dstv.

For 2 years now I have stopped using dstv. Anyone that uses a firestick for a day would realize they've been in bandage all this time with dstv
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bahamas95(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
olumide4christ:

Thanks for your response...stay blessed!
👍
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by AchrafHakimi: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Can u define dis smart t.v for me pls?
Wat is the difference between it and regular t.v?

It's like a mini laptop+TV with its own OS so you can install apps and access the internet, YouTube etc. Most media apps are & can be installed on it too.

So it has everything a TV has plus some laptop features.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Can u define dis smart t.v for me?

A Smart TV is a TV that runs Android Operating System like a tablet and can connect to the internet.

If you have it and a mi-fi router, you can connect and watch anything watchable on the internet.

Most of them come with buttons for YouTube, Amazon Prime and other services like Netflix.

It also has a browser that allows you to specify titles of videos you want to search for, so you can learn things.

You can pause and rewind videos and watch exactly what you want.

It's great for academics, recipes, etc.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Hw does it work?

Plug it into the USB port on your normal TV.

Turns it into a Smart TV.

See earlier explanation of Smart TV
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by yusufmurry: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

I am using free to air HD strong decorder, with two Dstv dishes and attached 4 LNB decorder to it, I am watching all Nigeria local stations, Dove TV, Saudi league, PL, champions league, league cup name it on m1 sport station, dstv should bleep themselves

Drop your contact, let's talk. I need it
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by zubinike(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Illiterate #8 spotted

He pain am, as you go school reach this is the wisest form you can express yourself. Smart fool
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by kazma1010(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
We need pay per view
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by stillmaticOG(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Hw does it work?
Just buy it and plug to your smart TV. Then download the apps for the contents you want to watch. From football to movies to news to TV shows Just to name a few.

Whatever you want to watch, there's an app on it on firestick.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Voiceofthestree: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
stacyadams:
okay

Yes can have your whatapp
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by ojotobiloba1: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2023
yusufmurry:

Drop your contact, let's talk. I need it
Drop urs.. Promise to message u on WhatsApp
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by stacyadams: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
[quote author=Voiceofthestree post=126791344]

Yes can have your whataf u get am lemme know so I can remove it
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mrtaye: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

In 2023, yes.
This your opinion is applicable in a developed nation not a developing nation
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by yusufmurry: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

Drop urs.. Promise to message u on WhatsApp

Check your email. Sent you inmail
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Mrtaye: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Princewill1:
Are they the only Multinational company operating under this environment?

This company has embarked on a yearly increment even when dollar was steady at 700+ for about 2yrs. This can only be made possible because they know that there is absolute no competition in that industry coupled with poor regulations by the govt institutions in the country.
Look
MTN their sister company from same South Africa also operate on the same environment with no increment over these years because there is serious competition in the telecom sector. If not that we have useless govt institutions in Nigeria, how will such fraud (disguised as operational cost) be allowed to go on for years? Do you know how many billions Nigeria has lost to this scam due to corruption and poor regulations by the govt?

In the West, many CEOs and directors of companies are serving jail terms due to corporate cheating and malpractices like this.
You can't blame them now cos you and o know the link of country we are....if they are not being pushed to the corner you think they would just decide to increase their tariffs without government intervention..... ordinary say road spoil individual or private company wan do am you know the kind billing wey e go get ni
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Cromagnon: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.

how is that dstv fault?

Who are the DSTV competitors in the industry? There are Startimes, MyTV, TSTV etc. (that's what I meant by "little or no viable alternatives" ).

that's why they can increase the price
If you don't like it go and start your own competition

Of course you have Options to download or stream Internet Contents, go to viewing centers, use FTA, or even to abandon your DSTV Decoder & stop watching TV.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ok.
But u can watch dstv on it too?
AchrafHakimi:

It's like a mini laptop+TV with its own OS so you can install apps and access the internet, YouTube etc. Most media apps are & can be installed on it too.

So it has everything a TV has plus some laptop features.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Can u still watch dstv on it too?
Jeezuzpick:

A Smart TV is a TV that runs Android Operating System like a tablet and can connect to the internet.

If you have it and a mi-fi router, you can connect and watch anything watchable on the internet.

Most of them come with buttons for YouTube, Amazon Prime and other services like Netflix.

It also has a browser that allows you to specify titles of videos you want to search for, so you can learn things.

You can pause and rewind videos and watch exactly what you want.

It's great for academics, recipes, etc.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ok.
Like hw much for it?
Jeezuzpick:

Plug it into the USB port on your normal TV.

Turns it into a Smart TV.

See earlier explanation of Smart TV
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
Like hw much does it cost?
stillmaticOG:

Just buy it and plug to your smart TV. Then download the apps for the contents you want to watch. From football to movies to news to TV shows Just to name a few.

Whatever you want to watch, there's an app on it on firestick.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by AchrafHakimi: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Ok.
But u can watch dstv on it too?

Why not?
I said it has everything a regular TV has.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ok
Tankz so much
AchrafHakimi:

Why not?
I said it has everything a regular TV has.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by ojotobiloba1: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
yusufmurry:

Check your email. Sent you inmail
Replied.. I dropped my contact no already
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by stillmaticOG(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
Love800:
Like hw much does it cost?
bought mine 32k two years ago
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Love800(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Its expensive sha.
Tankz so much
stillmaticOG:
bought mine 32k two years ago
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Voiceofthestree: 6:19am On Nov 05, 2023
stacyadams:
09017112921.if u get am lemme know so I can remove it

Got it
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by vicben27(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

How to go
About it please
go get a HD decoder it should be btw 5 to 8k, get ur mini dish, 2 LNB reciever nilesat and any other installation fee should be btwn 3K to 5k. Everything shouldn't be more than 18 to 20k. Enjoy free cable for life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mike's Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton Begs Nigerians To Support Husband / Showmax Pro Brings EPL Live-Streaming To Nigeria / It's Uyo, Not Calabar; Akwa Ibom, Not Cross River - Akwa Ibomites Tell NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.