Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? (32492 Views)

Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
jameschibuike:

It will only take God to give the husband the ability, grace and power to forgive that woman.
Do you know what it is to bring another man to your matrimonial bed and sleep with him.
She deliberately brought the man, slept with him, might have been slept with the man many time, broke marriage vow.
Like I said. It will only take the help of God for the husband to completely forgive her.

I will agree with you that it can only take the grace of God to forgive that and every other offence, and that's exactly what I mean when I said that that law is not meant for everyone, it's only meant for those that have that grace to forgive, but another reality is that those that forgive and THOSE that don't are not heading in the same direction
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dybala11:

Please which verse of the Bible states that people that got divorced due to the infidelity of their partners should not remarry??
Matthew 19 v 9 says otherwise o.

Matthew 19:9;says exactly that.
That verse says you can put away your wife on the ground of fornication but you have to remain unmarried because if you do Mary again you are fornication and that anyone who marries a divorced person is commiting adultery too, it didn't say that if you take back your spouse that you are commiting adultery, so you are encouraged to stay with your wife or stay unmarried, this is difficult and that is why Jesus said it's not for everyone.
You may read 1 cor. 7:10-15, see if you can make something out of that
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Autobot05:

You made it seem like divorce was condemned in the Bible
There is nothing like forgiveness abeg when she give you HIV na him your eye go clear

Had an aunt who got married to a promiscuous husband
The man got hiv , infected his wife and 2 kids
They all died off โ€ฆ the last remaining child was a boy luckily he didnโ€™t get the disease . Heโ€™s an orphan now simply because of this kain FORGIVENESS .

Yes, the bible condemned divorce when it said that ""God hates divorce""
I can understand if you are among THOSE who Jesus said that the law is not for them. God doesn't make mistakes, it's your choice to forgive or not, but the bible was talking to CHRISTIANS when he said you can divorce on ground of fornication if you want but that if you do, remain single, He wasn't talking to non Christians there
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
vikstandon:

If you divorce except on the ground of sexual immorality and marries another, you commit adultery.

Let's extrapolate;

If you divorce and remarry you commit adultery.

There is a hypothetical case in which you are excluded... That is on the ground of sexual immorality.

So if on the ground of sexual immorality, you remarry (as th one wronged)... You have not committed adultery.
Whosoever married the one who wronged the other, commits adultery with her.

The "ONLY" ground for divorce is fornication, you were trying to expatiate but you didn't expatiate fornication, you can't change this,
Fornication is fornication
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by vikstandon(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
mbaise1000:

The "ONLY" ground for divorce is fornication, you were trying to expatiate but you didn't expatiate fornication, you can't change this,
Fornication is fornication

Hmmm, please is fornication not sexual immorality?

Please don't argue for argument sake.
I don't understand what we are debating about.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by mbaise1000: 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
vikstandon:

Hmmm, please is fornication not sexual immorality?

Please don't argue for argument sake.
I don't understand what we are debating about.

The statement I responded to said it's only "sexual immorality" he said he is expatiating, I was trying to ask him to expatiate completely and explain the other type of fornication
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by MindOnMatters00(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
This is one of the disadvantages of not practicing celibacy as a young girl or lady. It weakens your ability to exercise self-control in the future.
Sleeping around just looks normal until it lands you into an irredeemable situation.

Why would anyone want to still keep contacts with an ex or a male bestie after marriage? Especially when you know you lack self control...

You should just leave that home because you don't deserve a home but to be out there in the gutters where you can freely live your useless life as you wish.

Glorified married Hoe.

You are the only reasonable female I have seen so far on this forum. Always saying the truth unbiased at all times irrespective of your gender.

Your intrigue fascinates me.

Thumbs Up!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by femmoy(m): 5:36am On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop writing rubbish Abeg! undecided

How did he say rubbish?
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by dkidd: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
Eyinju112:

This post of yours sound all fake. I went to your profile to see if the poster is a joker then I saw your last post of how men dumped your motherfvcking ass. Piling everything up with this post left me wondering like how the FVCK was she single last week and married with kids this week possible. That was why I use the word youโ€™re a joke. No offense meant.

You wonโ€™t understand what ego and pride is doing to you until you get to the age when youโ€™ll be full of regrets. Tunde ednut posted a woman 4 days ago on IG who was begging to be married. Loneliness na your mate ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. Another post of yours said you canโ€™t marry a broke man๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ at this point it takes only the grace of God to even see a broke man whoโ€™s gonna marry you.

At this point Iโ€™m done talking with you. I no fit advise old mama like you. Time go tell you๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Chai u wicked ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Caseless: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
You did this in his house? Some women are heartless.

I can never forgive her.
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Caseless: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
SAMBARRY:
yes but if the woman prays God can touch the hearts of the kids.as for the man she should just forget him because he can never love her again talkless of having sex with her and if she forces herself on him he can get violent with her so she should just focus her prayer on her kids

Or an alternative decision,go into a relationship with an entirely different man but file for a divorce first, after the divorce then she should go to another relationship (like live in lover) have kids with him and forget the kids she has with her former husband if all pleas fall on deaf ears.she should build another different FAMILY again,case closed
she no pray before she commit adultery abi?
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by SAMBARRY: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Caseless:
she no pray before she commit adultery abi?
God is a God of 2nd chances.she fell and needs to get back up and move on and not condemn her to the ground forever
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Caseless: 5:10am On Nov 19, 2023
SAMBARRY:
God is a God of 2nd chances.she fell and needs to get back up and move on and not condemn her to the ground forever
forgiveness is good, but you can't forget this.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by SAMBARRY: 5:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Caseless:
forgiveness is good, but you can't forget this.
true that's why I said if her husband and kids are not ready to accept her apology because really infidelity is a justifiable ground for divorce,she should divorce the husband and forget the kids and go and start a new family elsewhere
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by Caseless: 6:14am On Nov 19, 2023
SAMBARRY:
true that's why I said if her husband and kids are not ready to accept her apology because really infidelity is a justifiable ground for divorce,she should divorce the husband and forget the kids and go and start a new family elsewhere
Forget the kids? Wow
Re: Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? by SAMBARRY: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Caseless:
Forget the kids? Wow
but her kids are not ready to accept, forgive and love her so what does she do? Become a doormat forever till shy dies of depression and her kids spit on her grave or cry crocodile tears of regret?

She needs to move on by starting a new family and have kids.im sure if the kids caught their dad fucking another woman, the rejection won't be this much.infact it's the mother that will be begging the kids to love and forgive their dad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl / Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died / Couple Welcome Twins After 21 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.