Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

“I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) (46673 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Obituary: Chief Udala Philip Ekwosi Burial Poster (Photos) / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by VinnyBaba: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2023
Only Fools lend money to an Average NIGERIAN and be expecting it back. 😕😕

They will owe you for Years while secretly expecting you to FORGET! 😏🤦🤦

4 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by patrickcollins: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2023
Makunahatata:
another person wey no dey pay back loan spotted.... Pls take note
Is not about paying back loan, yes there must be defaulters what do they have on ground to checkmate such probably not going overboard to blackmail people or resorting to rascality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by VinnyBaba: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2023
Makunahatata:
online billionaire, wether na app or bank u dey collect your loans ,na ur problem .. but please always pay back and stop encouraging nonsense

Don't mind him.

He is one of Nigerians that likes to Borrow and NEVER wants to PayBack.😏😏

It's the Pple that Gives them Money I blame.😒😒

Personally, once I hear you talk about Borrowing from Friends or Loan Apps, I give you 100Yards! 🤨🙂🙂

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Where is consumer protection agency when you need them? FG need to do something about these loan sharks.
Btw, to avoid see finish, please don't collect what you can't pay back.
You said it all with this statement.
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Makunahatata: 10:26am On Nov 06, 2023
patrickcollins:
Is not about paying back loan, yes there must be defaulters what do they have on ground to checkmate such probably not going overboard to blackmail people or resorting to rascality
I get your point but most Nigerians are just wicked and evil by default, there's this elderly woman that came to meet me last year that she needed money(150k) for her daughter's school fees, it was her final year exam blabla, I swear she was crying sef.. in my stupid mind ,I thought cos she's an elder , she sups get sense and dignity .. so I borrowed her 100k and even lied I removed the money from something important so it will be on hold till she refund since she promised to pay back the following week.. I swear the useless woman returned just 50k after like 8 months and evn me don carry eyes Comot d rest .. and the craziest part, she changed her car recently o, now tell me ,if I decide to post her obituary tomorrow,she no deserve am?😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Bhol28: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2023
There are other normal ways to mount pressure on a debtor but posting obituaries of someone still alive is unprofessional and barbaric.Most of these online loan companies in Naija are only concerned and desperate to earn the bogus interest from loans.They rely on just phone contacts of borrowers which they gain access to when registering and give out loans.Some contacts on people's phone don't exist again and those that still exists can never be held responsible for an agreement they know nothing about.They hardly confirm addresses of borrowers to ascertain if they live or are still living there.That is a better way to get back to defaulters,go to their confirmed address and seize properties. Rather than all these ideas of posting obituaries.

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Banter1(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
For your mind now that was a nice clap back undecided

But you drove them to that desperation, if you had paid as per agreement, would they have resulted to that

You guys are funny, you become desperate when in need, someone comes to your rescue and this is how you choose to pay back

What is wrong with you guys undecided and some of you are here blaming the hapi boys undecided you ungrateful lots undecided
Your comment don't make sense at all. There are better way to approach this than declared her dead.

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by firearcher: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

So you went in with the mindset that you don't intend to pay back undecided that is wickedness!!!

You make the lenders wicked and you turn back to blame them undecided

Must you borrow Dey your dey nah

Do you know that some people brought out their hard earned money to start this business, some even borrowed, when you don't pay, so many things could go wrong, that business that was a source of help to you could fold, some could lose their jobs, some lenders even go as far as committing suicide undecided

Many of you are here day and night asking the government to do right but you are not so different from them undecided

It's a shame, I tell you undecided

Exactly! Can't say it better.

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Only Fools lend money to an Average NIGERIAN and be expecting it back. 😕😕

They will owe you for Years while secretly expecting you to FORGET! 😏🤦🤦
Oga, just yesterday, I heard my recently widowed mama telling someone on the phone, that he knows her current situation and yet, to return her money, he has refused. She gave me the phone to speak with him.
Apparently, the fellow is a butcher, over 1 year ago his asked her for 50k to go to market that he will return it in 1 week. Till today, nothing.
On speaking with him, he said after that 1 week his child was ill so went to hospital, so he could not pay, 1 year later he still has not paid. I asked him if it was bank he took the money from with interest, and collateral, will he be telling such bullshit story.
Anyway, I told my mama to forget the money, if he brings it, OK if not, she should look ahead, or last last, I give her.
Never loan anybody money in naija if you want to live long.

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Annahh(f): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2023
I don't know how people are comfortable owning loans and accuring bad debts, if you owe a loan app and you get a job in my bank, they will suspend you ASAP till you clear your debt.

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by membranus: 10:38am On Nov 06, 2023
YouAreNobody:
Own goal

Old story, stale news.

Keep ya yaself fresh.
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by VinnyBaba: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, just yesterday, I heard my recently widowed mama telling someone on the phone, that he knows her current situation and yet, to return her money, he has refused. She gave me the phone to speak with him.
Apparently, the fellow is a butcher, over 1 year ago his asked her for 50k to go to market that he will return it in 1 week. Till today, nothing.
On speaking with him, he said after that 1 week his child was ill so went to hospital, so he could not pay, 1 year later he still has not paid. I asked him if it was bank he took the money from with interest, and collateral, will he be telling such bullshit story.
Anyway, I told my mama to forget the money, if he brings it, OK if not, she should look ahead, or last last, I give her.
Never loan anybody money in naija if you want to live long.

Just Tell them You don't have Money and give them 5K to manage.🤨🙂

Average Nigerian do NOT like paying back Loans.😕😕

If they manage to Pay back, they will still come again to Borrow
And finally not Payback. 😒🤦🤦

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by kay29000(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2023
This sh*t made me laugh this early morning grin grin

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Nauttyprof(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

But you drove them to that desperation, if you had paid as per agreement, would they have resulted to that

You guys are funny, you become desperate when in need, someone comes to your rescue and this is how you choose to pay back

What is wrong with you guys undecided and some of you are here blaming the hapi boys undecided you ungrateful lots undecided

What's wrong in the loan company doing the right thing and not declaring the person dead? Would such declaration bring out the money? Isn't that sick in the first instance?

Asides this, why can't the company make use of the grace period in repayment and also, work according to the interest introduced when a client defaults in repayment? If all options elapse, involve the appropriate authority on the matter. At least, there was an agreement signed before the loan was approved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by kay29000(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2023
Henix:
9ja na cruise.

From a borrower who borrowed money with no plan of paying back, to an unregistered loan shark company who resulted to an unethical approach of declaring their debtor dead on social media and thereafter came back begging the said 'dead' debtor to pay her debt.

I initially thought that once the loan sharks adopt such approach, it means they have willingly written off the loan. I never knew that they still expect their debtor to pay them after disgracing them.

9ja my country!

LMAO!!! grin
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

When Nigerians, come to ask you for money, they are the meekest people, but to pay, forget it. You probably have to use unconventional means to get your money back or you forget it.
90% of people that take money from the loan apps have no projected means or expected income to repay. They do not intend to return that money.

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

What's wrong in the loan company doing the right thing and not declaring the person dead? Would such declaration bring out the money? Isn't that sick in the first instance?

Asides this, why can't the company make use of the grace period in repayment and also, work according to the interest introduced when a client defaults in repayment? If all options elapse, involve the appropriate authority on the matter. At least, there was an agreement signed before the loan was approved.
So loan company should involve the appropriate authority or do all you suggested ontop 10, 20, 30k?
Yeah, they should sue the defaulter also, pay lawyers 500k, 1,000,000 to chase 10, 20, 30k?

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by themanderon: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2023
Shameless and wicked Nigerians. She is not even ashamed to post herself online giving herself off as an unreliable debtor.I don't support what these loan sharks do but Nigerians are terrible when it comes to paying back loans.

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Just Tell them You don't have Money and give them 5K to manage.🤨🙂

Average Nigerian do NOT like paying back Loans.😕😕

If they manage to Pay back, they will still come again to Borrow
And finally not Payback. 😒🤦🤦

Bros, me? I have learnt the hard way. As you said, the most I do is dash what I can afford.
Check out this one from 2 or so days ago. I bone one time.

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2023
grin grin Very smart move by the girl.How do you collect debt from a dead person? Where is it ever done?
The loan app must be a daft one for posting somebody's obituary and still expecting him or her to pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by rossovu: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2023
Bhol28:
There are other normal ways to mount pressure on a debtor but posting obituaries of someone still alive is unprofessional and barbaric.Most of these online loan companies in Naija are only concerned and desperate to earn the bogus interest from loans.They rely on just phone contacts of borrower's they gain access to when registering and give out loans.Some contacts on people's phone don't exist again and those that still exists can never be held responsible for an agreement they know nothing about.They hardly confirm addresses of borrowers to ascertain if they live or are still living there.That is a better way to get back to defaulters,go to their confirmed address and seize properties. Rather than all these ideas of posting obituaries.
You really need to ask why they don't visit the given addresses to try such. The ones wey try am chop beating eh😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by ozo13(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2023
Makunahatata:
u no dey pay your debt.. stop disguising 😒
so u are one of those funny people disturbing people online.go get a better job oooo than black mailing people.i hope u are not the funny fellow begging the girl to pay the loan after posting her obituary.Before a loan app go the way of blackmailing, they should have agreed to let go the loan but this useless one where still interested in the money after Posting her obituary.
Na so una dey disturb me then that my school mate got HIV ontop loan wey no go reach 20k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by easzypeaszy(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2023
nanauju:

No, the borrower is the foolish one here. Why would I know all the above you mentioned an still go borrow money from a loan shark. Lol
untill ur child dey ICU and no one to hlp u b4 u wl understand.. Wen everyone around u hv spent der last on u, bc u hv access to dis loan n u stil dey disturb ur bat friend dat even tk same loan fr ur sake.. U dat is ur child say u can't tk it.
God wl not let u be in dat situation I reject it fr u.. But on daily basis dis are issues encounter.
If u ever watched ur mom in sevare pain just she can't get her drug of 6k and no place to go n no hope anywer..
Hmmm dis guy u nvr jam life issue b4 na why u just dey talk and u can't undrstnd
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Nauttyprof(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2023
nedekid:

So loan company should involve the appropriate authority or do all you suggested ontop 10, 20, 30k?
Yeah, they should sue the defaulter also, pay lawyers 500k, 1,000,000 to chase 10, 20, 30k?

So, obituary is the solution, right? If they can't address matters legally they should not engage in the business. It's that simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Sleekfingers: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2023
Personally, I can never loan any Nigerian shishi, I will rather give. Depending on the situation.
I have done that in the past, but regretted it.
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by 1Sharon(f): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2023
Nackzy:
Those people show me shege

Why didn't you pay back?
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nedekid: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

So, obituary is the solution, right? If they can't address matters legally they should not engage in the business. It's that simple.
That obituary one is going too far though.
One guy I knew, I suddenly got his obituary. I called his close friend who was shocked too. Later he called be that his friend was alive and well, that it's was loan app people. That his paddy was in the habit of taking money and not paying.
Guess what, next call I got few weeks later (don't think it was months), the guy died!
He was found in his appartmemt dead.
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

My friend they went too far. Why can't the loan app people use legal means to retrieve their money from the lady? Should anything happen to the lady, the owner of the loan app should be held responsible. She defaulted on paying the loan, granted but not post her obituary when she is still alive. Make you sef reason am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by KingLion007(m): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

So you went in with the mindset that you don't intend to pay back undecided that is wickedness!!!

You make the lenders wicked and you turn back to blame them undecided

Must you borrow Dey your dey nah

Do you know that some people brought out their hard earned money to start this business, some even borrowed, when you don't pay, so many things could go wrong, that business that was a source of help to you could fold, some could lose their jobs, some lenders even go as far as committing suicide undecided

Many of you are here day and night asking the government to do right but you are not so different from them undecided

It's a shame, I tell you undecided
Spot on mate. So many persons are just daft and not different from our politicians. Have been borrowing from Fairmoney loan app and payback in due time without any issues. They even give me loan of 800k coz of dealings with them buh I refuse to take it coz I don't need it now. I also use them as my savings/transactions as UBA and Access bank is no longer working. Nigerians just need to be sincere with themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Kachidubem: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2023
Anything borrowing or loan is an abomination in Nigeria.

Ask yourself, even normal physical borrowing of money to friends , they don't like to pay back...

E come be loan app, Nigerians wey dey shameless right from time ...you can't shame the shameless na... loan apps should stop lending Nigerians money.

We have bad attitude to paying back loan.
As I'm typing this,someone serious boyfriend is owing MTN #3,000 naira for the past 3 years na...if him recharge small money, e go borrow again instanta.

Shameless gurl go and pay the loan app
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by KingLion007(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2023
Tell us the name of the loan app.
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Kachidubem: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2023
Loan apps borrowing Nigerians money are dumb Sha...

Wetin fit Nigerians na to set up Betting companies like bet9ja and co... collect dia money.

Loan apps go dey mumu dey give Nigerians money, heartless set of humans who never pay back money .

I'm talking from experience, will never forget how I borrowed my neighbor 15k last year, claiming his mother was sick BLA BLA BLA ...

Time to pay back my money reach, this guy was changing it for me , telling me why am I disturbing him for 'common 15k'... since then,I made a convenant with God that I will never in this life lend out money.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Elon Musk Had An Affair With Sergey Brin's Wife, Nicole Shanahan / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.