Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

“I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) (46688 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Obituary: Chief Udala Philip Ekwosi Burial Poster (Photos) / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Kharol1234: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2023
Loan app go rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by ikennaoma(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2023
Case closed!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2023
This country is being run anyhow.

Since I was born, I have never seen this nation this lawless and corrupt.

What loan sharks do shows most of them are not being regulated or monitored... People just do what they like in this nation without fear of punishment. It staggers belief.

If Nigeria continues like this, widespread anarchy is not far off in the future.

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nanauju(f): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2023
I did a podcast on exactly this same issue

See link below and listen

https://anchor.fm/obianuju-azubuike/episodes/I-just-want-to-Rant-e2bf6q7

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by OgbeniOja1: 9:32am On Nov 06, 2023
Yoruba ronu

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Iziquiel(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Nigeria my country . Lol

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Fugazy2023: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Where is consumer protection agency when you need them? FG need to do something about these loan sharks.
Btw, to avoid see finish, please don't collect what you can't pay back.

I need someone to guide me on the appropriate channel to report this loan apps. I don't know how they got my number but I receive nothing less than 14 calls, 20 text messages and about 8- 9 messages on WhatsApp daily telling to me apply for loan. It's crazy.
What most of them now do is that since they are been blocked on playstore, they send the app inform of apk to your WhatsApp to install.
I need to report this animals to the appropriate authority

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I don't do that sh1t....loan apps can't even afford the loans I need...I get my loans from the banks ... is it 20k change that u think is my problem 🤣😂🤣... I have heard stories about these loan apps and I don't agree with their operations.... just because I don't have any business with them don't mean I can't have an opinion on that matter .... what they do is criminal and they deserve their money not to be returned back ... if they are serious ...they should register properly and operate legally .... u can't just post someone's picture and say they are dead because they collected loans ...they have no right to start calling the person's contacts calling the person a criminal ... its absolutely wrong .... they operate like that cos its an illegal operation, so if they eat their money, they should also not complain, cos they are also cheating the federal government by not paying tax and cheating their customers by insisting on high interest rates , that's another illegal act... if they refuse to act according to CBN regulations, they should take whatever they see ... I advice anyone that has an opportunity to get loans from them never to pay back until the company is in ruins

Naija-Cover Is Here And Following Your Comment, To See The Outcome Of It

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Atarakpa: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2023
In remembrance of ope.....Otilo lol. Nigeria nah cruise country. Average Nigerian is a comedian

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by FaceTanke: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2023
Well.... 👤
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Edusouls(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2023
Nigerians are poor once they borrow u money to pay you na voicemail

3 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by easzypeaszy(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

So you went in with the mindset that you don't intend to pay back undecided that is wickedness!!!

You make the lenders wicked and you turn back to blame them undecided

Must you borrow Dey your dey nah

Do you know that some people brought out their hard earned money to start this business, some even borrowed, when you don't pay, so many things could go wrong, that business that was a source of help to you could fold, some could lose their jobs, some lenders even go as far as committing suicide undecided

Many of you are here day and night asking the government to do right but you are not so different from them undecided

It's a shame, I tell you undecided
ur foolishness get Logo
The loan apps demsef kw der business is illegal.
1. U don't gv loan wt interest over 5% per month.
2. U don't hide under a building and create 5 loan apps wt diff names to be charging 35% weekly.
3. You ask workers to use der fones.. Meaning u don't even folow d simple labor law dat says atleast provide worktool.
4. U don't pay tax
5. U charge insurance fees and yet not registered under any gov agency.
6 na God go punish u like dis

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2023
obembet:
She go stil pay

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by freshvine(f): 9:39am On Nov 06, 2023
If you've borrowed from a shrine you'd actually be dead .
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by eebraa(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2023
What's with this bad behavior of not wanting to pay your debt? People are becoming so comfortable with this bad behavior. They can't approach their friends and family for loan anymore because they are known to be bad debtors that's why the end up applying for loans from these Apps

4 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by YouAreNobody: 9:41am On Nov 06, 2023
Own goal

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by omoyagba: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2023
Dead people dont pay loans. Correct girl!!! If they posted your obituary, that means they have written of the loan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Dennisochampa: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2023
This makes a lot of sense.
If all debtors can adopt this method, then loan apps will learn to use their heads or lose their money.
Dead people don't pay loans.
Defame me.... Forget your money...
If I lose my credibility because of you.... Then you must lose your money because of me.....
You can't eat your cake and have it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Dennisochampa: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2023
YouAreNobody:
Own goal
Here this idiot comes again with the tribalism....
Weevils like you are what will make 9ja never move forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2023
Nackzy:
Those people show me shege

Dem go show you shege if borrow and you no gree pay back?

2 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by nanauju(f): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2023
easzypeaszy:
ur foolishness get Logo
The loan apps demsef kw der business is illegal.
1. U don't gv loan wt interest over 5% per month.
2. U don't hide under a building and create 5 loan apps wt diff names to be charging 35% weekly.
3. You ask workers to use der fones.. Meaning u don't even folow d simple labor law dat says atleast provide worktool.
4. U don't pay tax
5. U charge insurance fees and yet not registered under any gov agency.
6 na God go punish u like dis

No, the borrower is the foolish one here. Why would I know all the above you mentioned an still go borrow money from a loan shark. Lol

4 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Fcwilly: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2023
Dead person no dey pay debts. Not even shi-shi.

FAIR MONEY , CARBON and just few others can never abuse there clients, the highest they do is to report you to CREDIT BUREAU after defaulting, just incase you want to japa. Try nonsense with me, then take the loan as bad loan X dead loan. Case closed
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by qtx(m): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

So you went in with the mindset that you don't intend to pay back undecided that is wickedness!!!

Do you know that some people brought out their hard earned money to start this business, some even borrowed, when you don't pay, so many things could go wrong, that business that was a source of help to you could fold, some could lose their jobs, some lenders even go as far as committing suicide undecided

Many of you are here day and night asking the government to do right but you are not so different from them undecided

I suspect you are one of their agents. In as much as i dont support taking loan without repaying, i strongly condemn this act by the app loan. No wonder the government is delisting most of them. No structure, no license, no policy, no proper setup, they will just build one app and start collecting critical personal data from Nigerians. I dont blame'them, its our government that is not serious about anything except what they will loot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by whitejs: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

Both the loan app and the person who borrowed are wrong.
The loan app approach is bad.

5 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by tuzle(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2023
CelestineNelson:
The Only advice I have for you all is that, avoid this Loan apps please...rather borrow money from your people around you...they are high profiled criminals
they won't still pay the people around them

5 Likes

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I don't do that sh1t....loan apps can't even afford the loans I need...I get my loans from the banks ... is it 20k change that u think is my problem 🤣😂🤣... I have heard stories about these loan apps and I don't agree with their operations.... just because I don't have any business with them don't mean I can't have an opinion on that matter .... what they do is criminal and they deserve their money not to be returned back ... if they are serious ...they should register properly and operate legally .... u can't just post someone's picture and say they are dead because they collected loans ...they have no right to start calling the person's contacts calling the person a criminal ... its absolutely wrong .... they operate like that cos its an illegal operation, so if they eat their money, they should also not complain, cos they are also cheating the federal government by not paying tax and cheating their customers by insisting on high interest rates , that's another illegal act... if they refuse to act according to CBN regulations, they should take whatever they see ... I advice anyone that has an opportunity to get loans from them never to pay back until the company is in ruins
I agree..

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2023
freshvine:
If you've borrowed from a shrine you'd actually be dead .
I didn't know shrines can lend people money.

Shrine Bank? Or...?

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by patrickcollins: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Where is consumer protection agency when you need them? FG need to do something about these loan sharks.
Btw, to avoid see finish, please don't collect what you can't pay back.
Happened to my colleague they posted that he was caught with a married woman and later another post that he tested positive to HIV and on the run
Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by samonak(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2023
Those loan app sharks are criminals and day light robbers. FCCPC ought to do something about their outrageous and annoying mode of operation. From high interest charges to their unprofessional way of loan recovery. In fact majority needs to delisted/ blacklisted. My experience with Easy buy has been very frustrating. I took out a loan of 100k, I've paid 111k yet I still have an outstanding balance of 125k! (No be juju be that?)

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by patrickcollins: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
For your mind now that was a nice clap back undecided

But you drove them to that desperation, if you had paid as per agreement, would they have resulted to that

You guys are funny, you become desperate when in need, someone comes to your rescue and this is how you choose to pay back

What is wrong with you guys undecided and some of you are here blaming the hapi boys undecided you ungrateful lots undecided
Even Federal Government are owing China and other countries, one thing can make one not to pay up, that is not the best option to recover their money.

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by travismacoy: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2023
Loan app should be completely ban they are theives

1 Like

Re: “I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) by Makunahatata: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2023
Beverlyjean:

online billionaire, wether na app or bank u dey collect your loans ,na ur problem .. but please always pay back and stop encouraging nonsense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / Students Shut Down Shoprite In Ogun Over Xenophobia In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.