Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People (36627 Views)

How This Investigative Journalist Died After Exposing Reverend King / Why Did Davido Call Mercy Johnson And Her Husband 'wicked, Evil People'? / Na Breeze Blow Am? Fans Slam Actress Who Exposed Her Panties (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Bimpe29: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
He was notable for uncovering mysterious occurrence

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by femi4: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
Coolsat:
Never heard of him
GenZ....you are sighted
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by femi4: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Bimpe29:
He was notable for uncovering mysterious occurrence
Yinka Ayefele used to work for him before he had an accident that claimed his legs

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by 1Sharon(f): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2023
greypencils:
His stories were scary men. I remember 2 in particular. One was about a woman who slowly killed her husband by adding finely grounded glass to yam flour used in preparing Amala for him. The 2nd was about a well in which a school boy fell into and died. That well continued to swallow every body who ever entered it to rescue the boy or remove his dead body. People kept going in and never came out until a ritual sacrifice was carried out to appease the deity/spirit that inhabited the well. Scary stories. Interesting days.

Lol Bull.
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Tremple8v: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
Ok . Indo mythology.
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Goodnewsforlife: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Hahaha
APC lies have finished this one. No be only Jonathan na Yaradua. Are you aware even Ajimobi went to the Soka site and it later emerged the place was actually a madhouse
politics have finished u people

We are talking about 2004-2007 n u are talking apc, guy I am not concerned about your politics but this is reality

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Goodnewsforlife: 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
StJasper:

Eeyah, you are such a pathetic soul!!!

One of his programs featured the story of a man from my village and I am a living witness.

There was another one about vigilante members who killed a man in Odogbolu, Ogun State. They harvested his organs.

The culprits were were released laters after interventions from prominent and powerful Nigerians.

These culprits are still alive in Odogbolu till today.

Don't think everyone is like you who lies like Linus.
don’t mind all these kids

See him talking about apc, he doesn’t even know d president in power when that man was doing his program

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by asaajuomo1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
tafabaloo:

Aramotu's story of year 1997 ( a witch whose head was cut off and was still speaking and issuing threats) was more dreadful to me.
Maybe because Baba onilegogoro's narrative was already known to me then.
I missed Kola Olawuyi and Toba Opaleye's Alimi Janganjanhan.

The story of Aramotu won him an international award in Journalism. Aramotu that was dead and during fasting, you will see her in front of her house cooking sari.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Kukutente23: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
politics have finished u people

We are talking about 2004-2007 n u are talking apc, guy I am not concerned about your politics but this is reality

If i knack you jazz
Soka happened in 2004-2007 abi
Jonathan was President in 2004-2007 abi
Abeg shift
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by aluko1980(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
Before then his radio house worth millions got burnt
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Beverlyjean(f): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
bigcee:

F**k off, you still don't have sense.

Not my fault it wasn't easy for u growing
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by theamazonguru(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2023
Coolsat:
Never heard of him

Hahahaha

Gen Z gather here, let's do head count.
Coolsat, you are hereby appointed their captain.
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by theamazonguru(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
Wawelexy:
How time flies..... His programs are always terrific.

He exposed alot of popular rich men. Infact, he exposed one of the company owner who sponsored the program. I think ST soap or so.(can't really remember).
My granny was a big fan of the show that calls in regularly when the phone lines are open for listeners views and comments. She's been following the program right from onset on radio (radio Lagos 107.5) till when it started airing on tv (galaxy TV).
Continue to rest on great man.

True that was S Tiamiyu, the owner of ST antiseptic soap.
To say the truth, Kolawole Olawuyi was fearless.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by theamazonguru(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2023
Usmanovic95:
His program will definitely send chills to your spine. He unravel quite a lot of deep spiritual related mysteries. He lived quite a short but quite an impactful life. Continue Resting legend.

True
There were 2 presenters that I admired and followed religiously.

Kola Olawuyi & Gbenga Adeboye.
May their souls rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by theamazonguru(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2023
007s:
A o ma be obe ni be isu, atelese abe ona wo, eni o ba ni a ni dele, ni a o ni de ba nile

Kola Olawuyi and Gbenga Adeboye, are two irreplaceable legend
I can't agree less.
You be real OG.
Your middle name suppose be Sabinus.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by ManOfSon: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Go sit down.

You may want to put on your glasses. I'm already comfortably seated!
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by greypencils: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol Bull.
undecided
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Usmanovic95(m): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
theamazonguru:

True
There were 2 presenters that I admired and followed religiously.

Kola Olawuyi & Gbenga Adeboye.
May their souls rest in peace.

The two are generational talents.Their kind is so rare.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Janyves(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2023
There was a time he narrated how his dad challenged him during a GCE/WAEC examination . It's like it turned out that they both passed their papers. But it was very interesting to listen to. His program on OGBC improved my Yoruba speech-wise .......

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Eloquency001: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2023
laivwire:
A similar presenter took over from him, I can`t remember the name. he also had a bushy moustache as well. I think this genre of programmes still runs but they are no longer as popular.

Funfact: Yinka Ayefele worked for him.

I think that should be Segun Adisa or so.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by laivwire(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2023
Eloquency001:

I think that should be Segun Adisa or so.

Yes exactly. Thanks for the name.
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Lolachef(f): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
Kola olawuyi has been there before cool FM and co.
Beverlyjean:

Abeg who watches Galaxy abi you think every tribe listens to a yorubas station ... so I should be wasting subscription and time watching galaxy , or I should tune into a yoruba speaking radio station when I'm in the car and listen to a language I dont understand when the likes of cool Fm and rhythm fm is on air

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Beverlyjean(f): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
Lolachef:
Kola olawuyi has been there before cool FM and co.

It's not about being there... those stations that he worked for are not the stations that other tribes are interested in...those a yoruba speaking stations ...
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by FuckSilly: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2023
akingangan:
If only some of the radio show recordings could be uploaded on YouTube, that would be great
Those radio station still have all in their achieve

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by MamaletASO: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2023
Rest on! Goodman..

Just like embelembe on human right radio
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by remsonik(f): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Chai! Kola Olawuyi iriri aye, the best radio and TV program to release details on evil going on in the land. There's no investigative journalism program that's as good as him........ May his soul rest on in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by henrimoto(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2023
Optimuss:
This man held is listeners spellbound every Friday i think from 6pm on OGBC. It's like watching a horror movie.
I think it's 7 pm - 9-10pm.
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by Officialmrt: 12:19am On Nov 23, 2023
Coolsat:
Never heard of him
U re a small boy or girl then

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by tafabaloo(m): 4:18am On Nov 23, 2023
asaajuomo1:

The story of Aramotu won him an international award in Journalism. Aramotu that was dead and during fasting, you will see him in front of her house cooking sari.

You re right, sir.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by advanceDNA: 5:07am On Nov 23, 2023
asaajuomo1:

The story of Aramotu won him an international award in Journalism. Aramotu that was dead and during fasting, you will see him in front of her house cooking sari.

Aramotu na woman
Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by luluman: 9:32am On Nov 23, 2023
Coolsat:
Never heard of him
Children don't know him.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Kola Olawuyi, The Investigative Journalist Who Exposed Many Evil People by StJasper(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

grin grin grin
Killing someone is murder and his program is not a court.
That said, these your examples are not extraordinary. Seems you've not seen some of his programs were he will claim some weird shite happened to someone like maybe someone heard a loud noise from sleep and since then runs mad at 12am to 5am grin grin

How old were you when he was airing his programs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rachael Okonkwo Scrapes Off Her Hair (photos) / ”Who Is Your Bro?” – Adekunle Gold Fires At Simi / Cynthia Morgan shades Dammy Krane, Says He Deserves It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.