Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This (20183 Views)

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria / How To Overcome Failure And Succeed Like A Boss ( In 50 Seconds) / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by sexiestharam(f): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
justmi1:
This is me, I have been battling depression because of this. I'm 34, I dread speaking in the public. I have attended public speaking classes to no avail ( I stopped going when it was getting practical). I avoided speaking in class till I graduated. I have never had a girlfriend that I toasted myself. I used to be a chronic mastubator, I'm trying to overcome that. Many times I wish I could end it all. I feel worhless, I'm always alone, being amongst people scare me. I always feel awkward and ashamed. The irony of it all is I do my own business and It's going well. I don't have friends. It's difficult to make friends with me as I always appear to be frowning. I know one day I would have the courage to end it all.
You have just not had enough reason to come out. I was extremely shy too. But the jobs I have gotten needed interaction with people. I had to overcome it to succeed at work. You can also pray about it. See yourself the way God sees you. Low self esteem is a factor too.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by PinkNature: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Firstly, what's your age?
if you're a teen, then it's normal.
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Maxtipulation(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:
What should I do to break out?

I can't give a speech in public.

I blank out at times when trying to express myself.

Also rapid heartbeat...

I feel more relaxed when alone.

Are you a M or F ?
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by jahguide2268(m): 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
Op, know dis and know peace. We are who we are. We can't fight it BT we can work with it. Mine is so bad dat it affects my voice when my heart beats fast, I become non- audible. Am planning to go off- grid in my village, invest in agriculture, plant natural marijuana cos it is d best herb for our condition and wait till d Almighty takes bk d life. Our condition looks like a curse, but self isolation ain't bad. Live and prepare 4 d afterlife. living in dis part of d world is already a curse

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Naijayouth(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
jackmrandy:

Better start warming up now. Associate and mix with people. When people are discussing try and pay attention to what they are discusssing especiallly if its a topic of debate like politics, sports, movies, contribute. You do read, so don't tell me you don't have idea about anything.

build your confidence.

its good to feel relax when alone, but don't allow it to affect your self confidence in public and in your speech publicly. Me that can address thousands of people Publicly now, it was not a one day thing. its a gradual process.

I gist with my friends normally but when called on stage to speak, it's a different story.
I have been opportuned to lead songs in the choir at church and the experience is like hell!

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by jclassiq(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
I'd say see a psychologist but everything they will tell are things some peeps are already telling you here on this group:
Socialize, socialize, socialize.

Like someone said, join a group. Maybe church, maybe volunteer group, maybe football, maybe boxing group, maybe any group basically.

You have social phobia/anxiety disorder.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Odebayo4010(m): 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
darealez:
If you're open to coaching, kindly let me know. Please note that I do not hold any certification in this field but have helped a handful of people get across.
Also, depending on how old your are, I might introduce a bill to trickle for my time and also send a sense of seriousness across.
Lastly, no questions. You'll get tasks, you will be shy, you will be scared but you must do it.

If not open to coaching, the simple rule is, you win by losing. Do what you can't do and you'll become a master at what you can't do. The first problem is not even you being shy, it's the fear of ostracism and rejection. This often happens to individuals who have big hearts and care about every single bird that flies over their head. The fear for criticism breaks you as well, and puts you out. You will keep blanking out so long you're afraid.

Don't want to fight it? It's fine. You'll make it but never to the top. The biggest successes come from what you've said in line with an available opportunity. Well, except you have "leg".

Finally, the human nature is often very difficult to break if you're not used to changing. If interested, signify below.

I was also like that
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by maak400: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
Learn digital skills that can secure you a remote work, remote work will allow you to work from home and you won't have to speak in public.

whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by jaxxy(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Work on urself and ur communication skills privately then u can apply it publicly. Don't be in a hurry to make a show of ur self in public when u haven't prepared urself properly in private.

u can only give what u have or have prepared adequately for..

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by AMI3(m): 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=iamyemiakins post=126824482]You're experiencing Social Anxiety Disorder. Try to join a workforce (church, school etc.) or volunteer group to boost your self-confidence.

Meanwhile, kindly copy and paste (close the gaps) the link below to join my WhatsApp group (Introvert Lounge), let's deliberate more on this issue.

https://chat.

whatsapp.com/LHCiMxcHtxi9rVkeqv5qUu[/qu

ote]

Add me 08154933420
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by SimonRose(m): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
jackmrandy:

Better start warming up now. Associate and mix with people. When people are discussing try and pay attention to what they are discusssing especiallly if its a topic of debate like politics, sports, movies, contribute. You do read, so don't tell me you don't have idea about anything.

build your confidence.

its good to feel relax when alone, but don't allow it to affect your self confidence in public and in your speech publicly. Me that can address thousands of people Publicly now, it was not a one day thing. its a gradual process.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by phemmyfour: 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

If you love football, start going to a viewing centre

Take up leadership roles in church, school, your neighbourhood etc

Start by addressing few, perhaps people in your neighbourhood

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

You can use that as an advantage. Be that cool calm person that people will want to listen to, learn and build yourself on a range of subjects.

But still, learn to talk not loudly but effectively. Learn to look people in the eye when talking, just that is enough to command respect despite being shy.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by mukthar2000(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
Op social Media have make things easier, u can be working directly from home like one state governor said to limit ur shyness.
But mind u, a day we come that u would face crowd that u might not able to escape ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Tijani009: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
Which state you day make we hang out

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by finebois(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Landowner101:
Was suffering really badly from this, coupled with the fact that I am a stammerer, but Nysc helped me grow, cause I forced myself to serve in a government secondary school, facing atleast 240 students daily of about 6 different classes (40 per class), and also addressing them on the assembly ground. I also forced myself to present on behalf of my cds group. This build a little confidence in me and helped reduce the rate at which I stutter.
I am also a stammerer and facing the same problem shyness or introvert. I have a lot things or potential in me, but people will on that based on my communication skills. I really tired.
I'll advise you force yourself to partake in various social events, like joining the choir group in church, going for envagelism, joining a sports group e.t.c
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by HateBigots: 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
It is okay to be shy in certain situations... but do not be a pushover

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Ed12(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
You need your guts

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by bigman001(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Definitely you cant go for a job interview comfortably then?
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by shedy03(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

How old can you be?
Me, in my late 40's but still experience same. e no easy.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by occfx: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2023
parkervero:

Get a teaching job. You will catch up from there. Your students or pupils will at the beginning intimidate you and if you are really to learn as you grow up you will need to as adjust yourself to certain situation.

The teaching job must be in one of the grade A or B private school.

Exactly what I did

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Damilola20000: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
I was once like that
why I became like was as a result of what I was going right from age 11 went to abuse from parent , nobody to share your pain with, parent don go their separate ways, was struggling to feed,No friends
I overcame it by joining a department in church so I started developing relationship with people

It was so bad to the extent that I don't see any good about my self. Those time if I do something and If some says I love what u did
It gives me lot of joy

4 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by MisterKennedy(m): 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

You're just like me... You're not in this together... But it's something you have to fight... I'm still fighting mine each and every day.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
Maxtipulation:

Are you a M or F ?

M
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
PinkNature:
Firstly, what's your age?

if you're a teen, then it's normal.

I'm not a teen
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by ManyThanks: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
Freelancerr:
Practice more with a mirror.

Also, try speaking when your family are gathered together.

Do the same thing with your close friends.

With time you will be bold enough to speak anywhere.

NB: I edit videos for business owners. I also do data entry jobs.
Kindly check my signature my WhatsApp number is there, I'm very affordable.
are you around abuja. I eed a data entry teacher.
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by mohammedmuz: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
You re ok dear, & i can affirm theres nothing wrong with you. You may be easily pissed off among crowd that doesnt mean u re not normal & u wont be successful. Infact, there're more successful quiet pple than d sparky ones, just that they dont generate attention. The loud takes high world's overall population ratio, reason why they expect everybody to be like them. You can only be influenced but unchangeable.
There re many factors that contributes to personality majorly; hereditary, upbringing, enviroment, experience, work nature & lots more. You know urself than anyone, choose carreer(s) that match ur personality & see urself succeed.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Quinniscent(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

I was almost like that but I realized that as I was becoming a man, I had to step up my game by building my confidence, and my social life although I don't mingle with crowd but that doesn't mean I can't speak when the need arises
I'm good at engaging in movies and political debates while sometimes I'll just keep quiet and observe

Anyways, working on yourself is a gradual process that you should begin now, don't rush searching for friends, focus more on your personal development and like-minded people will be attracted to you that could boost your status in life

This is how I see Life and You can learn a thing or two from it

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Olabode211: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2023
you can stay indoor a year+ and enter guiness record.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by sheddyboy01(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ibime:

Go and buy propranalol for stage fright and thank me later. It will stop your rapid heartbeat and fight or flight response
Don't try this, that drug would dash you free Erectile Dysfunction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by sheddyboy01(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

Hope the heart won't be too relaxed
One of the side effects is Erectile Dysfunction, drug shouldn't be an option

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Brownbetsport24: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2023
This idea is crazy but na best damn thing

Do danfo conductor for Lagos for 3day

Let see how it goes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria? / Customs To Sack 400 More Officers Or Even More - Vanguard / Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.