Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This (20203 Views)

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria / How To Overcome Failure And Succeed Like A Boss ( In 50 Seconds) / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2023
Thanks to everyone

God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Nataba: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2023
justmi1:
This is me, I have been battling depression because of this. I'm 34, I dread speaking in the public. I have attended public speaking classes to no avail ( I stopped going when it was getting practical). I avoided speaking in class till I graduated. I have never had a girlfriend that I toasted myself. I used to be a chronic mastubator, I'm trying to overcome that. Many times I wish I could end it all. I feel worhless, I'm always alone, being amongst people scare me. I always feel awkward and ashamed. The irony of it all is I do my own business and It's going well. I don't have friends. It's difficult to make friends with me as I always appear to be frowning. I know one day I would have the courage to end it all.

Please, don't end it all.

There are several people who have successfully gained victory over the things you mentioned - and I can see you joining them too!

How?

I suggest these:

Read books on how to break/cultivate habits.
1. The Power of Habits by Charles Durhigg
2. Atomic Habits by James Clear

Read books on self development (would recommend books by Jim Rohn, Anthony Robbins).

Listen to sermons by Apostle Joshua Selman, Arome Osayi, and Bro. Gbile Akanni.

Just believe you can, and take the baby step.

You will get better overtime.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by zeedof(m): 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
Stevedison:

Where Una dey see legit job updates? Help a brother please.
.. I dey youkay bro.. no be 9ja...
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Stevedison(m): 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
zeedof:
.. I dey youkay bro.. no be 9ja...

Okay. Congrats

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by judedwriter(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2023
whitejs:
What should I do to break out?

I can't give a speech in public.

I blank out at times when trying to express myself.

Also rapid heartbeat...

I feel more relaxed when alone.

I guess it's your personality.

You are likely a phlegmatic/melancholy combination like myself 😁

Solution 1: if you are a Christian, draw closer to God in prayers and Bible study. There is power and boldness in God's presence and it will transform your life. You will be full of faith and boldness.

Solution 2: have a healthy mindset. You may be quiet but that doesn't make you inferior to anybody. You are unique. Stop looking down at yourself in pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2023
Thanks, everyone

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Abcruz(m): 10:24am On Feb 01
I'm experiencing this same situation. It's quite limiting and I'm doing my best in breaking free from social anxiety. One step I've taken to conquer my fear of building social relationships is by reading and practicing the content of the book "Better Small Talk" and Bullet Proof Confidence by Patrick King.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 9:37am On Feb 02
parkervero:

Get a teaching job. You will catch up from there. Your students or pupils will at the beginning intimidate you and if you are really to learn as you grow up you will need to as adjust yourself to certain situation.

The teaching job must be in one of the grade A or B private school.

Please what do you mean by grade A or B
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 9:53am On Feb 02
jahguide2268:
Op, know dis and know peace. We are who we are. We can't fight it BT we can work with it. Mine is so bad dat it affects my voice when my heart beats fast, I become non- audible. Am planning to go off- grid in my village, invest in agriculture, plant natural marijuana cos it is d best herb for our condition and wait till d Almighty takes bk d life. Our condition looks like a curse, but self isolation ain't bad. Live and prepare 4 d afterlife. living in dis part of d world is already a curse

When you take marijuana you feel okay?
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by parkervero(m): 1:12pm On Feb 02
whitejs:

Please what do you mean by grade A or B

Well known private schools that their kids have won different prizes e.g Greenspring, Academy, chrisland, honeyland etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs To Sack 400 More Officers Or Even More - Vanguard / Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.