Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds - Technology Market (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds (10314 Views)

Lithium Ion Solar Batteries / I Make Lithium Ion Batteries For Solar And Inverter Systems / Get Lithium Ion Battery Packs For Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Trippledots(m): 10:06pm On Feb 15
officialfestus:
7,750 from aliexpress.

Chai...I almost made same mistake some time ago...incase of next time, check konga first, it may be cheaper and faster. This is a 15A shown though

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 10:12pm On Feb 15
Penuelseun:
those buck converters don't last long especially when you are nearing the full current rating, I got a 60a pwm charge controller that can charge a 3s battery for mine then

Cool but just that few pwm accept editable settings.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 10:13pm On Feb 15
Trippledots:

Chai...I almost made same mistake some time ago...incase of next time, check konga first, it may be cheaper and faster. This is a 15A shown though
The 300w is even less.
Konga is roughly an escape route to AliExpress.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15
Trippledots:

thanks, I will next time.

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15
Penuelseun:
Yes it will, you can attach a cooling fan to the heat sinks to help with cooling
ok thank you.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15
Penuelseun:
those buck converters don't last long especially when you are nearing the full current rating, I got a 60a pwm charge controller that can charge a 3s battery for mine then
I don't plan on going max current with the buck, if my ammeter arrives, I plan on using 10A max instead of the max rated.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15
dollarnaira:

Cool but just that few pwm accept editable settings.
I think this particular product can do it.

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 1:16am On Feb 16
officialfestus:
I think this particular product can do it.

Too expensive.
There are better ones

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 7:57am On Feb 16
Good morning gurus, After charging my 12.6 volt 3s 40ah, I decided to test with a ups and it beeps low battery and shutdown, the bms cuts voltage also.

What could be the problem?

Cc dollarnaira penuelseun
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 8:22am On Feb 16
officialfestus:
Good morning gurus, After charging my 12.6 volt 3s 40ah, I decided to test with a ups and it beeps low battery and shutdown, the bms cuts voltage also.

What is the voltage of the battery via bms terminals and direct battery terminals?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 8:24am On Feb 16
dollarnaira:

What is the voltage of the battery via bms terminals and direct battery terminals?
11.9v
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 8:39am On Feb 16
dollarnaira:

at what charge voltage should I regulate the buck converter to 12.6 or more?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 8:55am On Feb 16
officialfestus:

That is the issue with li-ion cells in the 3s config, they have a voltage range of 9v to 12.6v which most 12v inverters struggle with, 7s 24v config is the sweet spot for them. Your ups is configured to work with lead acid battery whose voltage range is higher, 11.5v is the cutoff voltage of most ups which in a lead acid battery is around 70% dod
You are better off going for a sachet inverter that can go as low as 10v or boost the voltage to 13v with a boost converter which is not that efficient

3 Likes

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 8:56am On Feb 16
officialfestus:
at what charge voltage should I regulate the buck converter to 12.6 or more?
12.6v, 12.0v to 12.2v is better if you want your battery to last long

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 9:37am On Feb 16
Penuelseun:
That is the issue with li-ion cells in the 3s config, they have a voltage range of 9v to 12.6v which most 12v inverters struggle with, 7s 24v config is the sweet spot for them. Your ups is configured to work with lead acid battery whose voltage range is higher, 11.5v is the cutoff voltage of most ups which in a lead acid battery is around 70% dod
You are better off going for a sachet inverter that can go as low as 10v or boost the voltage to 13v with a boost converter which is not that efficient
can I use this?

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 11:17am On Feb 16
officialfestus:
can I use this?
it should

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 11:54am On Feb 16
officialfestus:
11.9v

What of direct ba3 terminals?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by ksmart027(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16
Penuelseun:
Sorry to ask, is there any inverter that can go below 10v on 12v system?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16
ksmart027:

victron

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 3:20pm On Feb 16
ksmart027:

I only know of msw but an old version of 1kva souer,pulls to 9.45v. Probably the lower the capacity the deeper the drain.

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Trippledots(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16
Penuelseun:

I met someone who savages li-ion cells from laptop battery packs. He said he can build a battery bank for me, #450/cell, BMS 10k/one for 12v battery and he uses soldering iron to assemble.

Do you think I should get the cells and assemble myself?

I don't have much tools for assembling though.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16
Trippledots:

I met someone who savages li-ion cells from laptop battery packs. He said he can build a battery bank for me, #450/cell, BMS 10k/one for 12v battery and he uses soldering iron to assemble.

Do you think I should get the cells and assemble myself?

I don't have much tools for assembling though.
you can get the cells and assembly yourself, but better you get an active balancer with it to support the bms, I also think you are better off going for a 24v setup and they have a wider voltage range

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16
dollarnaira:

What of direct ba3 terminals?
same.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16
Penuelseun:
it should
thanks.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by ewizard1: 8:01pm On Feb 16
"In anything Li-ion you assemble, please make sure an active balancer is installed alongside."
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 8:18pm On Feb 16
officialfestus:
same.
Alright

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 8:19pm On Feb 16
ewizard1:
"In anything Li-ion you assemble, please make sure an active balancer is installed alongside."

Why?
Difficult for 12v to derail though it is good.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by ewizard1: 11:26pm On Feb 16
dollarnaira:

Why?
Difficult for 12v to derail though it is good.
"Difficult for 12v to derail"? Only a 1s wouldn't derail.

Better safe than sorry!!!
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 12:03am On Feb 17
ewizard1:

"Difficult for 12v to derail"? Only a 1s wouldn't derail.

Better safe than sorry!!!

With proper initial balance one is still safe.
What lithium hates is overcharging and depth of discharge. After all no lithium batteries can have exact voltages among themselves. No matter how small there is always a safe difference.

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by ewizard1: 12:55pm On Feb 17
dollarnaira:

What lithium hates is overcharging and depth of discharge. After all no lithium batteries can have exact voltages among themselves. No matter how small there is always a safe difference.
Okay.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 5:59pm On Feb 17
dollarnaira:

can I connect two different 12v 40ah 3s battery to together in parallel connection?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 7:42pm On Feb 17
officialfestus:
can I connect two different 12v 40ah 3s battery to together in parallel connection?
Both lithium ion?
Yes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

100% stable chip Now Available To Unlock any locked Iphone 6s to iphone 12 / 7" Tablet PC Dual Core 1GB RAM, 8GB HDD, 3G/Dual sim/Wifi/Tv/Fm Camera (pics) / You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.