Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? (19540 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Brushing Before Eating Or After Eating? / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Asu015(m): 9:26am On Nov 21, 2023
atobs4real:
Before nowwwww
Which school you go?
Na morning or evening school?

Please stop misinforming people, everyone should brush twice a day, after breakfast and at night before going to sleep.

Check all dentistry textbooks or literatures on oral hygiene.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Olahmi05: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2023
It depends how hungry I am . Sometimes I brake the rule's grin cheesy smiley especially when I see my food. I can't play with it.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by MztaIkp(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2023
Ideally, if you brushed properly before going to bed, you don’t need to brush before breakfast.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Asu015(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2023
UselessBuharist:
I think brushing before eating is the best practice
its not please, go and consult your dentist, you brush after breakfast and before going to sleep at night.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Godstiger(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2023
In the morning before meal,in the night after meal
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Asu015(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Only Alliens eat breakfast before brushing. Humans and especially homosapiens Brush in the morning before eating.
Illiteracy PRO MAX cheesy
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by bigiyaro(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2023
Depends on how you see the logic behind brushing. Basically, it's the food particles that bacteria act upon to mess up the mouth. Brushing after breakfast is best for me cos, bacteria will have nothing to play with in my mouth through the day, when I brush before sleeping, they will still have nothing to play with during the night. Though I rainse my mouth before breakfast.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by fashionale(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2023
If you brush in the night before going to bed, eating breakfast before brushing will be okay....

But, if you don't, brush before taking breakfast
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Untube: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
I prefer brushing while eating ...

Like take a spoon, and pause to brush, and repeats🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂

Weldone Pablo😂😂
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by dododawa1: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2023
Just finished eat

Next

Brushing
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2023
It all depends on what you are before going to bed last night and how you were brought up when you were a child about teeth brushing.
It's a general thing to brush your mouth when you wake up in the morning and even before you eat but this days the norms has change.
You may not want to carry a smelling mouth n taste break fast in the morning so brush before you eat.
Then at night try and chew bitter kola as last thing before you sleep so as to avoid a smelling mouth.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by kareemkamil(m): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2023
Brushing b4 eating
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Misterone: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2023
Brushing after is best but the reason children are taught to brush before is because they can forget to brush after the meal, which makes it worst. Also, it builds that mindset of reward after a task in them. That is you brush, you eat. No brush, no eat.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Moniya4Real(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2023
Are you kidding me? I can barely even do anything without brushing my mouth every morning. I just can’t..
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Brush before any fast taking is appropriate and the best because once after brushing follow up by taking meals is good and can last you a fresher and healthy breathe at least 12 hour's
But brushing after eating can make your tummy filled but the mouth will be tasty and craving for food within a short period of hour's.

Note: I'm narrating base on my own personal view and experience but I don't know for others because what works for me can't work for others and as for the debris as you suggested, gargling might play a role here

Dem never use better garlic prepare your food.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by ariy(m): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2023
honey001:
Brush before and after.... Hope that settles it

The oyinbo say "brush your teeth daily" time no matter just brush your teeth
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Rick9(m): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Brushing After Eating would have been better, but due to bacterias.

I eat before brushing anyway.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Papayaayasager(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2023
Why would someone eat before brushing?

After eating you now want to brush you will just vomit all that you've eat

Unless you don't want to brush inside of your tongue very well.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by znuga: 10:02am On Nov 21, 2023
Can someone shed light on how ogogoroa or kolanut work against mouth bacteria?

b0rn2fuck:
If I see food first, I eat first. If food is delay. I brush first. Na first come, first serve but most of my morning in the past are being brush with ogogoro first, that one go kill all mouth bacteria as bacteria and ogogoro no be friends, I meant ,Chelsea and seaman or best whisky
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Zdeenshehu(m): 10:04am On Nov 21, 2023
Recently a dentist told me it is best to brush before bedtime. This will remove any food particles that would rot overnight. As you wake up, your mouth is clean, jus rinse with water and chop breakfast. After breakfast, brush again to remain fresh for the rest of the day. Been doing this and it excellently works.

2 Likes

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by senteugene: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2023
I eat and brush simultaneously
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by femi4: 10:28am On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help
That's why morning and night is recommended.

The morning takes care of whatever builds up while sleeping n snoring/drolling
While the night takes care of hidden food particles left in your mouth during the day
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Revolva(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2023
these days i eat before i brush ....lol
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Beremx(f): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2023
If I eat before brushing, I'll forget to brush my teeth till the next day. So I prefer to brush first before eating
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Gr8amechi: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help
Your girlfriend is so ignorant and just like many Nigerians always jumps into an ideology without understanding the factual reasons why they were made medically.

Medically brushing your teeth is the last thing you should do at night before going to bed, meaning you brush after dinner when you wake up all you need is just a glass of water to drink or just rinse your mouth with and then eat first and brush your teeth 30 to 60 minutes after eating.

This isn't about what anyone thinks, it's about medical recommendation, you brush your teeth at least 30 minutes after eating at night or in the morning, also its advisable not to rinse your mouth with water after brushing at night, this keeps your breathe fresh in the morning and most importantly reduce the bacterial growth over the night.

So going forward ensure you brush twice daily, at night after dinner and in the morning after breakfast.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Good4bad: 10:47am On Nov 21, 2023
If you must eat before brushing. You must make sure that you brushed properly last thing before bed. Since I started it, am enjoying fresh breath.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2023
jamesversion:
When I wake in the morning, I normally rinse my mouth with water. It makes my mouth fresher. Then I eat and then I brush.

I can't brush and eat oh. Not with Sensodyne tasting like mint in my mouth.

Tho, I was brought up in a home where brush before eating is the brushing style, since I started living alone, for me anyone goes o, plus I brush both morning and night.

As a business person I normally brush before leaving the house because I eat at work.
But on Sundays, if I see food in the morning and I never brush I can eat it before brushing and so on.

E be like say I go change am to once in a day or minimize as I dey apply am on my brush, this one every GSK products dey increase in prices anyhow, some times 5, some times 10, before you go hear sey sensodyne rapid action don turn #14,000
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2023
If you brush in the night before you sleep then eat and brush again after, if not brush before you begin your day. 🤗
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by honey001(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2023
ariy:

The oyinbo say "brush your teeth daily" time no matter just brush your teeth

Eniyan dudu say "brush it before and after"
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by caesymore(m): 11:04am On Nov 21, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Brush before any fast taking is appropriate and the best because once after brushing follow up by taking meals is good and can last you a fresher and healthy breathe at least 12 hour's
But brushing after eating can make your tummy filled but the mouth will be tasty and craving for food within a short period of hour's.

Note: I'm narrating base on my own personal view and experience but I don't know for others because what works for me can't work for others and as for the debris as you suggested, gargling might play a role here

Baba you sure say you Sabi brush grin

Even if I chop banana brush there will be no taste of that in my whole mouth. I brush after breakfast and it's very cool mind you I brush once I have had my last meal of the day too

1 Like

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by caesymore(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
I prefer brushing while eating ...
grin
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by OyinO: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2023
After is the correct and best practice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

USAID And Coca-cola Foundation Commission Water Projects In Abia And Cross River / Ruzu Herbal Bitters Has Broken Records! / The Links Between Headache, Hypertension And Stroke.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.