Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? (19519 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Brushing Before Eating Or After Eating? / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by ppogba: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Do not brush at all.

Stupid question early morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by jamesversion: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2023
When I wake in the morning, I normally rinse my mouth with water. It makes my mouth fresher. Then I eat and then I brush.

I can't brush and eat oh. Not with Sensodyne tasting like mint in my mouth.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by TheFreshVanilla: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2023
Dirty guy.
JuanDeDios:

Before. But that's if you didn't brush before bed last night, which you should.

If you brushed last thing before bed last night, you should brush after breakfast - obviously, since there isn't much to brush when you woke up. But if you're brushing AFTER food, you must leave at least 30min (preferably 1 hr) before brushing to avoid damaging your gums and suffering from teeth sensitivity.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Mosba: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2023
I prefer Mr President's style
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by kakaki123: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
I prefer brushing while eating ...
grin Werey

1 Like

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by BXNX: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Brush before any fast taking is appropriate and the best because once after brushing follow up by taking meals is good and can last you a fresher and healthy breathe at least 12 hour's
But brushing after eating can make your tummy filled but the mouth will be tasty and craving for food within a short period of hour's.

Note: I'm narrating base on my own personal view and experience but I don't know for others because what works for me can't work for others and as for the debris as you suggested, gargling might play a role here
you may be right as mint makes one hungry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by taiwotimitt: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2023
Idan no dey brush
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by tesppidd: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
grin

I know one mad peson will comment.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Chetas81(m): 9:05am On Nov 21, 2023
Black African asked questions based on who they're
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by kcdendelo: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2023
It depends
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Major7: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2023
Jestin:
Neither methodology is okay. Me when never brush for three weeks now, I nor die 😂. What of animals when nor dey brush at all

Nyamakata angry,you're not an animal but a superior being to them, abeg go brush cool
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Sirseedorf(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2023
How can you eat food without brushing your teeth first in the morning, that totally unhygienic and dirty of anyone doing that. When you woke up early in the morning, the first assignment is to brush your dirty mouth before taking anything in, except you are taking herbal concoction then ensure you brush your teeth after that......
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by GABRIEL6036: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2023
It's a free world, depends on that person
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2023
Sirmwill:
It completely depends on the person

Some people cannot eat with the feeling of their teeth not yet brushed

Some can't eat just after brushing their teeth

It makes the food taste kinda weird personally

Some cannot eat before and after brushing

Some can eat without brushing and not still brush for the whole day.

Some have not brushed their teeth for the past 1week.

Once again, it depends on the person
GBAM!
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by AlphaHakimi: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2023
These things have no ideal formula. Before you conclude on what's best for you, try the understand the reason behind both ideas.

1) Brushing before eating helps you to wash off the layer of bacteria,microorganism and food particles which must have built up after your last meal the previous night ( Assuming you didn't brush before bed)

2) Brushing after eating ensures that food particles left over after eating are completely washed off and that your mouth does not have the odour( aroma) of the food you have eaten. This actually boosts your confidence when talking to people after a meal. It also helps delay the growth of microorganisms which feed on food remnants in your mouth especially your tongue.

So it is ideal to brush before and after meals.

Shalom.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by VIKTO83(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2023
The best practice is to brush after eating.
Check my signature for cheap seretide inhaler and Augmentin 1G.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Matrix137(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2023
Before eating
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by siaco(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2023
My own understanding is that if you brush after your dinner i.e before going to bed, you mouth will be ok for food in the morning because you have washed out all that could cause you mouth odour in the morning. So after your breakfast you brush again to keep your teeth refreshing for the next 12hours.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Abioladoks: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2023
Must we bring up every issues here??

simple way of life no need others intervention abeg
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by GanagiBitrus: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help

The correct answer lies in the reason for brushing the teeth, which is to remove food debris, and keep your mouth fresh.

While growing up, we never brushed before going to bed. So it was essential to brush first thing in the morning.
Now that I always brush before going to bed, it's healthier to brush after early morning breakfast so your mouth is fresh till noon.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by stanisbaratheon: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush before eating, and if you must go out after eating then you must rinse your mouth with mouthwash. This works for me
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by esemes256: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2023
It depends. For me, I only brush my teeth when I feel it is dirty and most times, I brush once a day before breakfast. If I eat alot during the day or I take something sweet at night, I must brush before going to bed.
Oyinbo say brush twice a day but for me in Africa, I brush mostly once a day because I don't eat as much as the oyinbos do. Sometimes it is 1 0 1 or 0 1 1 or 0 0 1 or 0 1 1/2, etc...... If you know what I mean. wink
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Chetas81(m): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2023
ppogba:
Do not brush at all.

Stupid question early morning.
mental illness of Nigerian citizen nowadays is unbearable
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Chetas81(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2023
bashtee09:
My health Is getting worse everyday because I can't afford drugs and money

Please your 1k can really save my life, I never plan to die Young

Please help me in getting back on my feet, I also want to live long

953056010 palmpay

Thank you very much
STOP YOUR INTERNET SUBSCRIPTION,AND GET MONEY OUT OF NAIRALAND ✌️
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by rabiudon: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
LOL
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by bashtee09(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2023
Chetas81:
STOP YOUR INTERNET SUBSCRIPTION,AND GET MONEY OUT OF NAIRALAND ✌️
I'm actually using free opera mini
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Sucre6: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2023
I brush after eating, this is so because if u brush after eating, it will leave your mouth minty fresh all day long, before heading out for your hustle.
Imagine eating vegetable soup after brushing in the morning and u left ugu leave hanging here and there in your teeth or the breath of day before yesterday egusi soup that u reheated and ate as breakfast, that's disgusting 😂

1 Like

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by SAMAYODELE(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2023
When you brush, you rid the mouth of food debris left after you have eaten. So brushing at night after dinner, takes care of the food particles left from your lunch and dinner. Believing that you wouldn't eat anything till the following morning, you can rinse your mouth with water, take your breakfast and brush after. That makes it twice daily. The goal is to take care of food particles left after eating.

For those who are complaining of mouth odour after waking up in the morning, how about the one you have when you wake up from a long nap at noon? Do you brush then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Sucre6: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2023
SAMAYODELE:
When you brush, you rid the mouth of food debris left after you have eaten. So brushing at night after dinner, takes care of the food particles left from your lunch and dinner. Believing that you wouldn't eat anything till the following morning, you can rinse your mouth with water, take your breakfast and brush after. That makes it twice daily. The goal is to take care of food particles left after eating.

For those who are complaining of mouth odour after waking up in the morning, how about the one you have when you wake up from a long nap at noon? Do you brush then?

Conclusion of the whole matter, I wake up, I eat then I brush before heading out for work, it leaves the mouth minty fresh
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Atc2023: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2023
Cure any form of ulcer permanently. See testimoney from our numerous client

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDPdTq8IfQ?si=_s4tSe8KHf_KhuhZ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Urine Therapy? / Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death / Strange Deadly Illness Reported In Yankari Games Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.