Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List (5713 Views)

Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ / Why APC Can’t Take Part In Fresh Bayelsa Poll - Lawyer / Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Thonyboy: 7:17am On Nov 07, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has re-amended its list of candidates for Bayelsa State governorship election coming up on Saturday.

The electoral umpire in the amended list restored the name of Timipre Sylva of the All Progressives Congress (APC), which was earlier removed following a court order.

The development was contained in a document signed by the Secretary to the Commission, Rose Oriaran-Anthony and published on INEC’s website on Monday.

Oriaran-Anthony explained that the release of the list “Amendment No 2” in which the names of Sylva and his ruining mate, Joshua Maciver, were re-added, was in obedience to the judgment of the Court of Appeal.

.ng recalls that INEC had on Tuesday, October 24, uploaded an amendment list on its website and omitted the names of Sylva and his running mate in obedience to order of a Federal High Court.

Oriaran-Anthony recalled that the final list of candidates for the 2023 Bayelsa Governorship Election was amended on October 16.

This, according to her, is pursuant to the Order of the Federal High Court in Suit No-FHC/ABJ/CS/821/2023 in respect of the nomination of the APC candidate.

Oriaran-Anthony added that “The Court of Appeal, in a judgement delivered on October 31, 2023, in appeal No-CA/ABJ/CV/1060/2023 set aside the judgement of the lower court cited above”.

The decision of the Appeal Court led to the restoration of the names of the APC candidate and his running mate.

https://.ng/2023/11/07/bayelsa-poll-inec-restores-slyvas-name-on-candidates-list/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Ikaeniyan0: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2023
I don't think the APC can win in Bayelsa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Guyman01: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2023
APC controls the judiciary which no longer looks at the constitution of Nigeria to pass judgements, so a convict who committed a crime unrelated to Niger Delta agitation and was jailed by a court of competent jurisdiction, then amnesty was granted to ex militants and his name was smuggled in, does the amnesty quash his conviction without a governor or president signing a proper pardon from conviction in the case of the deputy to Timipre Sylva?

FreeStuffsNG:
That's a huge relief. All the best to all the candidates, especially the APC candidate just coming on board.!
Sukanmi the publisher that nobody is reading his book even when he gives it out as FreeStuffs, you spend your whole day on Nairaland defending criminality as long as its committed by APC and HAMAS?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by FlawlessKarl: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2023
shocked

God punish already punished Nigeria. May God continue to give this useless contraption very useless and myopic leaders. Nigeria must sink and fail.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by FreeStuffsNG: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2023
That's a huge relief. All the best to all the candidates, especially the APC candidate just coming on board. Check my signature for free stuffs!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by crixlight2(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by b3llo(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2023
Hmmm..... Rule of court isn't followed and adhered
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Addisjeje: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2023
God .. Such a shame

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Splashme: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2023
Hia !
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by omowolewa: 8:03am On Nov 07, 2023
Okay
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by porthouse7(f): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2023
Go and try ur luck
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Tboymessiah(m): 8:19am On Nov 07, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!
Another win for diri !!!!
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by 1Dray(m): 8:19am On Nov 07, 2023
No surprised
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Cocolatti(m): 8:22am On Nov 07, 2023
Nigeria under APC is worst than the Wild wild west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by chrisxxx(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2023
Bayelsans I have interviewed do not like Sylva.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Ikaeniyan0: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2023
chrisxxx:
Bayelsans I have interviewed do not like Sylva.
I doubt he can win

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Cantonese: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2023
No one is surprised.

We thought Buhari would tackle corruption as he campaigned on that and many people had become very tired of corrupt leaders. They thought that a Buhari Presidency would see an end to it. Rather than that, ge got tge inglorious title of the most corrupt government.

One man told us that he would continue Buhari’s legacies. Here we are with well known corrupt men holding positions of power and even superintending over anti corruption organizations. The baba has continued Buhari’s legacy of poverty and hardship,

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Badonasty(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2023
Lol….this man just wants to waste his money…we’ll no be waste for am sha…cos at the end of the day na our money

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Keme4Real(f): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2023
Timipre Sylva ko Joke Sylva ni.

Nobody really cares.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by asobo1: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2023
Congratulations in advance to Senator Diri

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by garfield1: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't think the APC can win in Bayelsa

They can
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by garfield1: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2023
asobo1:
Congratulations in advance to Senator Diri

He is losing out

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by BucketMan: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2023
garfield1:

He is losing out
I remember you from David Lyons time and how you were disgraced then, you have resurfaced again to receive further embarrassment.
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by garfield1: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2023
BucketMan:
I remember you from David Lyons time and how you were disgraced then, you have resurfaced again to receive further embarrassment.

How was I disgraced out? I correctly predicted the victory of apc in bayelsa.so where is the disgrace? Sylva will likely lose but can win
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by tivity101: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2023
My question now is which constitution did the lower court used that initially disqualified Timi-Preye sylva and which one did the court of appeal use as well to reinstate him. What a country with confused set of people?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by BucketMan: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2023
garfield1:

How was I disgraced out? I correctly predicted the victory of apc in bayelsa.so where is the disgrace? Sylva will likely lose but can win
you didn't predict anything as APC's victory in Bayelsa state in the November 2019 elections was null and void from the beginning because they just weren't qualified at the time. So how did you correctly predict anything my brother, like I said you will be embarrassed again. PDP has Bayelsa state under lock and key🗝️
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by BucketMan: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2023
tivity101:
My question now is which constitution did the lower court used that initially disqualified Timi-Preye sylva and which one did the court of appeal use as well to reinstate him. What a country with confused set of people?
Sylva was reinstated on the grounds that the trial court lacked the jurisdiction to entertain the matter and that the plaintiff Demesuoyefa Kolomo had no Locus standi to institute the action against him since he did not participate in the party primaries. In other words he won on the basis of a technicality.
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by Lumarstone: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2023
To what end? After the damage has been caused.
Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by garfield1: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2023
BucketMan:
you didn't predict anything as APC's victory in Bayelsa state in the November 2019 elections was null and void from the beginning because they just weren't qualified at the time. So how did you correctly predict anything my brother, like I said you will be embarrassed again. PDP has Bayelsa state under lock and key🗝️

Oga,before it was null and void,was pdp not humiliated? That ruling was so bad that after that time,the court abandoned it.lyon trashed your pdp and if fielded again,he will trash them.diri may win but he will get a difficult time

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: INEC Restores Sylva’s Name On Candidates’ List by sageb: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Scam: Is The NLC and TUC already Compromised? / Suntai Will Be Back Soon - Taraba's Acting Gov / Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.