Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Can I Get The New Plate Number. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Get The New Plate Number. (4883 Views)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by vascey(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]
I have been trying register my car for about ten days now to no avail. I was told that the vehicle plate numbers currently in use has been phased out i.e. they don't issue it anymore. However, getting the new one has proven very difficult. Does anyone have any information on how I can get this new vehicle license.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2011
i am facing the same problem. dont know why the should stop the old one when the new is not available, especially during this time when christmas is at hand.

I called my contact now, she said maybe in 2weeks time.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by vascey(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
My contact says it cost N50k to get a new plate number.
Please can anyone help me to get the actual price.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by Ikenna351(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
The actual ( government approved) price for the new plate number is 15k (Fifteen thousand naira only). But for now, only few states was announced by the FRSC to have it.

Ikenna.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by Benez: 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2011
The N15k pronounced by the Federal Govt is the cost of only the plate. This money goes to the FG'S Account. The documentation will be handled by the states. I really do not know the person that quoted N50k for you but all i know is that, states will minimally charge abt N10-12k for documentation. Then a Third Party Insurance is on the average N5,000, then Certificate of Road worthiness is abt N3k. Definately, later it will come down but for the fact that a lot of people are after few plates, the price will be about that price of N50k. Pls don't patronize touts so that u will not buy fake plates.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2011
vascey:

My contact says it cost N50k to get a new plate number.
Please can anyone help me to get the actual price.

Thanks

Does your contact have it already? Is the 50k cost of the plate and documentation?
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by vascey(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
udoka2:

Does your contact have it already?  Is the 50k cost of the plate and documentation?

No my contact does not have it yet. And I do not know exactly what it comprises. I believe, though, that it should be for everything.

He told me that it has not yet been released in Lagos state as they are awaiting Gov. Fashola's approval after the sallah break undecided.

However I got my colleague to speak to his aunt who actually works in FRSC Lagos.

She said the plates might not be released in Lagos till next year.

So I am trying to see if my contact can explore other states to see if I can get the plates.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by track247: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
If Anybody needs license plate from Enugu, Contact urch23 @ yahoo.com. He did it for someone in Lagos and it took just 2days. He sent it by airbill.
His price is 50k
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2011
l got a message from my contact yesterday that alausa have received the plates. will get full info today, whether its actually ready for the public, but l believe before the week runs out, it will be readily available.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by Benez: 9:58am On Nov 09, 2011
track247:

If Anybody needs license plate from Enugu, Contact urch23 @ yahoo.com. He did it for someone in Lagos and it took just 2days. He sent it by airbill.
His price is 50k

Heyyyyyyyyy, beware of fake plates
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by group507(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2011
I have two dump trucks in Lagos waiting to be registered now for more than four weeks - I can't imagine how responsible Government stop issuing Old Plates when New Ones are not ready.

Email for info/update : onvisglobal@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by acaolly1(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2011
Stop bothering yourself, use your car as i am doing right now with your custom papers and duty card ure free wink if ure taking a port cleared car and not Cotonou.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by group507(m): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2011
It won't be same for commercial dump trucks  -  think of what police will do to the drivers
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by ayusman16(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2011
acaolly1:

Stop bothering yourself, use your car as i am doing right now with your custom papers and duty card ure free wink if ure taking a port cleared car and not Cotonou.

SO that it can be easy for thieves to secure for you abi?
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by acaolly1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
What are u using that thieves are after u? did u buy from thieves? please think positive.

Thieves no dey collect registered ones? i beg my belongings shall neva be an object of target for thieves. Amin
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
acaolly1:

dont mind him, you may not be lucky

read:http://www.informationnigeria.org/2011/11/no-excuse-for-driving-vehicles-without-number-plates-%E2%80%93-frsc.html
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by group507(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2011
Please any update on new plate number?

My dump trucks are sitting in yard without plates - while paying interest on borrowed fund.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
sorry my brother, some people just make decisions without minding how others feel.

my contact at alausa still said its now available in lagos, but not ready for the public. l think they are arranging thing
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by vascey(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
group507:

Please any update on new plate number?

My dump trucks are sitting in yard without plates - while paying interest on borrowed fund.

Why not try Abuja. That's what I did. Should get my plates and documents this week. Cost me a leg and an arm though.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by Benez: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
Call 08030683994 she should get it for u this week
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by feranmee: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
my frsc contact told me d plate is out, cars is 55k, jeep/suv is 65k, commercial is 70k, its authentic, u can call me on 08035231505 for details,
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by udoka2: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2011
The plates is out now.

my husband contact collected 44k for everything, am assuming it includes plate, licesense, raod worthiness cert. and insurance. my own contact called and said 30k, for only plate and licesence. but before her call we have already given to my hubby contact.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by blackky100(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2011
hmmmmm. Was there need changing plate number in the first place? Should this be the government priority now? Innocent Nigerias will deffinitely be ripped off with this new plate number.

Using N55K, N44K to get new plate number and documentation while some people cannot even afford same as salary for the mouth.

God help us ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by Osama10(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2011
Did they give any reason for the new plates, thought we had more pressing problems like good roads.
Re: How Can I Get The New Plate Number. by donfidel(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
Was finally able to get my Lagos plate number today though it cost me 37k.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. / 2013 Audi S5 Or 2013 BMW M3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.