Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship (14327 Views)

Gym Instructor Caught Engaging In Inappropriate Behavior With A Female Client / She Is Killing Me With Financial Demands / Lady Falsely Accuse Photographer Of Inappropriate Touching (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Trustedpronet: 6:47am On Nov 11, 2023
If the Man is demanding for sex it is appropriate for her to demand for money.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Efilse: 6:47am On Nov 11, 2023
GET ANY BOOK OF ANY AUTHOR FOR HALF THE PRICE

SEND A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP 08174686962
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Crumbian: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2023
Slaveman343:
Majority of women out there are engaged in something, be it business or as employees. Nigerian women are working their asses off. You will hardly see them idling away. Stop painting a false picture online.
Again, many Nigerian women are working. You see them everywhere. Whether they are doing exploits is upto them, but they are not lazying or begging around.
Then why are you not open to women being different from our mothers. Why do people like you complain of everything women do or are becoming, IF SOCIETY HAS CHANGED. Are you only open to the change that benefits you!
So why do so many men here berate women who are embracing modern western lifestyles.
Is change only good for us but not for women? If women must adapt to our change, why are many men on nairaland refusing to adapt to the current women.

What's your point again?

I'm living in reality. You are the one living away from the real world. No Nigerian woman bothers her man with bills. If you don't know your relevance in a relationship, she can remind you from time to time. And that's not bothering you! I'm sure you will dump her if she is not benefiting you any more in kind. It's a symbiotic thing. If you can't cope, stay out.

Your thought process is twisted. The common denominator is Nigerian men. How is it Nigerian women's fault that South African women love you because you are throwing your money at them. It's simply your own doing! Stop blaming anyone!

You guys only complain because you don't have the resources to get the kind of girls you want. Work towards it and stop crying everywhere

The bolded? That's where your argument collapsed on itself and it shows that you are so out of touch with reality.

You're just like those filthy rich Nigerian politicians and their kids who just can't comprehend the level of poverty and chaos that exists in the land cos they've been so rich and secure for a long time.

All those women around that bill guys for so much as talking to them are what? Egyptian women?
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Clinghton: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2023
Most girls See their boyfriends as an ATM machine with the ATM card at there disposal.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by tollyboy5(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

All ur reason has been proven otherwise... There are women smarter than men .there are women stronger than some men.... There are women who go to war.... So what's ur point?
There is always an exception. The exception don't make it general
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Gerrard59(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2023
SIRTee15:
It's like Nigerian men are bigger hypocrites than their women counterpart. U want to eat your cake but still have it.
U want women to date any Kain man all because of love but what will they get in return then?
It's not like u will be less demanding of her body if she doesn't obtain from u. No, instead u would still want to mount her and release your urge on her any time she visits u.

This is Africa, and relationship is meant to meet a need for both parties. That's the way it is.

We African men demand our ladies to be submissive, loyal, reject feminism, be well domesticated, cook and clean for us;
So what will be their reward for all the burden we placed on them. What is their gain.

It's not even like there's a guarantee u will marry her if she does all above for u. You will still dump her over some silly excuse.
All you just want to use someone's daughter, dump her when u tired and move to the next.
U are very selfish and lacks sense.

If u have sense , u will understand Relationship in africa is meant to be a test of your strength and ability to know if u man enough to put a woman in your house as a wife and build a family with her.
If u lamenting in relationship, what would now happen in marriage ?
Your greed and covetousness would not allow u go for women who are willing to overlook your financial constraint, no it's those ones that will sap your strength and leave u penniless that u lusting after.
U better go work hard and make money, the only woman born to understand your poverty is your mother, not someone else daughter.

Thank you!

The hypocrisy is too much. Tomorrow, they will complain Western women are feminists but will never marry them. If they do, they become so meek. Then marry the African woman who is submissive, yet they complain she does not contribute financially to the household, forgetting that when humans have money, they become more assertive and opinionated.

Nigerian men should choose a struggle. Be like the rich Arabs and have submissive wives who don't work hard to eke a living, or be like Western men who do 50-50 but are open to having opinionated wives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2023
I can't date a broke woman. As i dey work u too go dey work..
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by uuzba(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2023
ednut1:
there is still poverty and unemployment in the land. Many are earning less than 35k a month. Unlike in America. Even with the lowest paying jobs you can still feed and pay your basic bills
Western countries control the economy of the world.
They make sure Nigeria, Africa remains poor.
They can always create trouble in other countries, so that other countries will require their services, or loans.
That way, they always have money to pay their people.
NIgeria just stay one place, servicing ridiculous high World bank Debt.
All the money we have, we're using to service debt.
We don't have mouth to talk about minimum wage.
All our highly Educated people cannot produce anything to export and get the country out of debt.
So as we're just Educated and jobless. Our men cannot provide for women like in olden days.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Zooposki(f): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2023
tollyboy5:

Man being the head in a family is not biblically driven. Its nature and norms in majority animal kingdom of which we are super animals.
Men are smarter, stronger and more sensible.
There is a reason why men go to war front leaving their wives and kids at home.

Do you know the only chromosome not necessary for life is the Y chromosome, that is the male chromosome. Nature deems the male specie as useless, and makes no attempt to save it.

Do you also know men inherit their intelligence from their mom’s X chromosome?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by AoifeNightfall: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Won tun gbe tun tun de. grin

A life without pussy = a life of loneliness and bitterness for men? So men's happiness and fulfilment in life is intricately tied to access to sex?

This is what happens when you swallow agenda buzzwords without no thought and mental filtering of your own. You end up regurgitating rubbish.

Lack of money will not lead to a life of bitterness for men. Poverty will not. Unfulfilment will not, broken relationships will not, childhood trauma will not, a lack of support system and community from family and friends will not. Work pressure will not. Mental illness will not. Social anxiety and low self-esteem will not. It is pussy, of all things, that will lead to a life of loneliness for men.

Can we also go further to hypothesize that the bitter men we see all over NL are the way they are because they're not getting any pussy? It's not as a result of heartbreak or women not being good people. Nope, they're incels because they're simply unattractive to women.

And you say you're the superior gender, when you've unwittingly attributed this much power to the pussy. So much so that a man's life can breakdown and get derailed from not matching sexually with women.

Queen! 🙇🏾‍♀️😍
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Lol!

grin grin grin grin

You see that alfa mails just be writing anything. grin

AoifeNightfall:
Queen! 🙇🏾‍♀️😍

kiss

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by advanceDNA: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2023
tollyboy5:

There is always an exception. The exception don't make it general

Lol...that's why the leadership of a home sorts itself naturally itself out....and not by bullying, shouting or because one person makes the most money or because one has the penís

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by advanceDNA: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It's not what you think my dear. It is mostly psychological and spiritual, it is not about material wealth. It's like MOST of us prefer helping our men be dominant even if we can dominate them

There is nothing spiritual and psychological in running from financial responsibility.... Money is hard to make ...pvssy is easy to contribute
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2023
^^ Na peenis nor dey easy to contribute for relationship? grin

And for marriage, definitely. Let us act like biology hasn't given a fair of burden through pregnancy, labour and breast-feeding to the woman already, that a man will never be able to contribute.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by phemmyfour: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Is there any work in Nigeria for everyone?
You don't have to work to give. Some of them are working and are still begging
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by WoroSeeWoro(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2023
stay away from Nigerian girls of today they are uncultured and not really loveable anymore...many are just runs girls , and not worth it...travel around africa and see wonderful girls who can love you conditionally

very sense less creatures , That is why @angrygoat @womenareapezz @savedday2 and @strongalphmale warn us ...to not love dem
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

Most Nigerian women can never stop being parasites....forget it.... Most of them are broke and always dream of making it life through men....if most women were given a wish that will come true... they would rather wish for a man that is rich, instead of wishing for their own truck load of money....

men are the ones that need to up their standard to stop dating broke, stingy, jobless women.
I love your concept bro.
Too many men are simps.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by bukatyne(f): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
The fault is from the Parents, if only Parents take good care of their daughters like my younger sister. She got married to a man she never needed anything from.

Even the wedding was financed by both families...

Why would your sister marry a man she doesn't need anything from? For instance, even God needs human beings to worship Him.

What is now the usefulness of the husband? For instance, God needs human beings to worship Him.

In every healthy relationship, there should be interdependence which is symbiotic. Both parties must bring all their resources to build their home.

P.S.: Resources here is not only money.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Mattswaggz: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2023
Slaveman343:
So the summary of your lamentation is that women should reduce their standards. And why should they? Have you reduced your own standards?

You want your 100 yards wife material but want women to size down their own to 50yards husband material

To be honest many of you on this space are just hypocrites.

You are sternly against women emulating their western counterparts but you want them to give you a pass to copy from western males that share responsibilities. Not happening dude.

If they must remain African women, you too must remain an African man. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Being an African man is not a walk in the park. It comes with responsibilities. Likewise being an African woman.

And this claims that women are bombarding their partners with financial needs are just lies. I've worked with lots of women and I can tell you that many are very reasonable. Only very few women are out of character

Leave the internet, go outside and date women. Stop forming opinions from guys who can't look a woman in the eye. They have escaped from reality and now live on the internet, wasting away their lives, and justifying being irresponsible.

No woman is placing outrageous demands on you. It's biology at work in you. Stop fighting your instincts. They are just reminding you of what you are, the Man.

Let women breathe

Maybe you're not talking about the same Nigerian girls the OP is talking about,,, because it's damn obvious you aren't talking about them.

btw,,, just update ur username to Slave man for pussy for easy identification that you're a damn simp.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Silentgroper(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2023
Slaveman343:
So the summary of your lamentation is that women should reduce their standards. And why should they? Have you reduced your own standards?

You want your 100 yards wife material but want women to size down their own to 50yards husband material

To be honest many of you on this space are just hypocrites.

You are sternly against women emulating their western counterparts but you want them to give you a pass to copy from western males that share responsibilities. Not happening dude.

If they must remain African women, you too must remain an African man. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Being an African man is not a walk in the park. It comes with responsibilities. Likewise being an African woman.

And this claims that women are bombarding their partners with financial needs are just lies. I've worked with lots of women and I can tell you that many are very reasonable. Only very few women are out of character

Leave the internet, go outside and date women. Stop forming opinions from guys who can't look a woman in the eye. They have escaped from reality and now live on the internet, wasting away their lives, and justifying being irresponsible.

No woman is placing outrageous demands on you. It's biology at work in you. Stop fighting your instincts. They are just reminding you of what you are, the Man.

Let women breathe
fine ...

Being an African man is something we do everyday and we're still doing it ..

You think this is about emulating the western culture?? Then na u Sabi ..

We don't just want to hear complaints like

*. Umm he's to controlling..
* He doesn't treats me like we're equals..
*, He wants to always prostrate before serving his meal and do the same while taking away the empty dish..
And so on and so forth ..

As an African woman,. Your duty is to the kitchen, filling our bellies, doing home chores, bearing children, taking care of the children and providing sexual pleasures when demanded with no complain..

When these responsibilities are being taken out duly, then we'll be that African man you all wants us to be ...

I cannot be bankrolling someone and she talks back to me whilst talking to her .. That is disrespectful as an African woman cause I'm literally your god and You're meant to worship...

Yes, let's go back to the African ways , I'd love that..
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Iamzik: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It is not what you think!! Mostly we're helping you be a man by collecting that money, though we have our own. If we're not there to take it what will you do with it?? If you work hard and finally have some money, if there is no woman to give it to, what good is it to you. We prepare ourselves and make ourselves available to be given the money - something you should really thank us for if you think about it

Hahahaha I laughed so hard reading this but my generation is not buying this bobo sha 🤣🤣

A women passed away with millions hidden in various accounts that she was hiding from her husbands in addition to collecting his own money regularly. She didn't build houses, buy cars or open business with her own money. Then I ask myself of what use is continuous accumulation and hiding of money that you will never use?

For me I just think it's a sense of insecurity and insatiable greed. And this is not peculiar to women alone.

Men have their own also. Many men also hide their assets from women just to avoid this sense of entitlement.

Both men and women must do better.

Spoil your man with money and presents, it's not a crime....no police will arrest you. You will only make your man happy.

Spoil your woman with presents and money. It will make her happy and secure.

May God give all of us wisdom 🙏
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kingson28: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2023
Save yourselves the trouble:
1. DO NOT ask a girl/lady out.
2. DO NOT ask any girl for pre-marital sex.
99% of women have Prostitute Mentality, the idea to collect money and gifts if they give you their body to get pleasure.
One way to make women serious and humble is NOT to date or ask them for sex till they can present what they’re doing for a living to support themselves financially.
When you ask someone for a favour you empower the individual to give you terms and conditions.
Men are truly the problem of our time.
They lack self control.
You have made prostitutes of these girls.
I saw a 19 years old girl demanded and was paid 150k for a weekend.
The guy added 100k making it 250k.
And you expect that girl to learn a trade and hustle when the hole between her legs can fetch her quick huge cash?
NO WAY!
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Saintinoo(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2023
realG101:
Though, I've never been outside nigeria and have no personal information about how relationships are run in the western world. I believe romantic relationships are generally more refined and stress free (for the man) outside nigeria and Africa as a whole.

I don't want to be misunderstood, this is not me trying to hold nigerian relationships to foreign standards as this will be unfair due to cultural differences.

However, certain factors should remain globally constant as far as human relationships are concerned.

We are given to understand that in the usa and other advanced climes, both partners in a relationship are at liberty and usually willing to share financial responsibilities and provision generally is not a fixed responsibilities of the man.

Women abroad are generally open to split financial responsibilities with their men according to their capability and unlike their nigerian counterparts, they are not programmed to expect a man to foot all the bills.

Against this background, I'm of the opinion that it is inappropriate for a woman to make demands for personal items in a relationship.

It is very common and almost a norm in Nigeria for a woman to ask a man to buy her a phone or pay for her hair or even pay her rent.

Don't get me wrong, if you have an emergency as a woman, you can ask your boyfriend for help once in a while. But not to make the boyfriend your source of livelihood and maintenance.

Also, it is expected and perfectly normal for a man to buy his girlfriend a phone (maybe on her birthday), or pay for her hair. But I believe such expenses should be at his own discretion not upon demand by the girlfriend.

It is no classy for a girlfriend to make financial demands when it's not an emergency or a crisis.

But also, a classy boyfriend is expected to gift his girlfriend nice items once in a while to spice the relationship and to bond more.

If a boyfriend doesn't send you gifts occasionally, it is likely he is not comfortable financially or he is stingy. In this cases, the lady is required to engage him in order to discover the reason and decide whether she can cope.

Again, a woman is not mean to make financial demands for her personal needs. It's fine if the demand is for household maintenance when you two get married.

Moreso, it is expected that adults should be able to take care of their own personal needs.

Any person, man or woman, who cannot buy their own personal stuff or whose taste or lifestyle is beyond what they can afford by themselves, run from them. They are problematic people and can never be loyal to you.

In addition, any woman who make habitual financial demands when there's no emergency is either a runs girl or has a serious relationship elsewhere.

I am not oblivious of the fact that there are less privileged women out here who actually need to marry men who are capable of giving them a better life. This is an exceptional situation and I personally see nothing wrong in it as life is dynamic and is about people helping people.

What is unacceptable here is the narrative that women are okay to be entitled to men's money even when the woman has her own money.

It is key to note that unlike some decades ago, especially after the several industrial revolutions the world has witnessed, money making is no longer about muscle or masculinity but about brainpower.

There is no scientific evidence that a random man is smarter than a random woman which means money Making is not particularly easier for the man in today's world.

This is just a call to our ladies to up their game and do better so that we can see better and more successful and less problematic relationships and marriages in the coming generations.

Do you agree with these views?

More reason I don't do relationship with women again, I just can't phantom why I should take up a lady's responsibilities. If I am married to you fine, but just a relationship? No no no.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by janeedema(f): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
If it doesn't work, is simply because the man is playing the role of husband but not one of the leader.

There's such a thing as a husband-leader.

You aren't a leader by virtue of installment, you are one by virtue of training and process.

Most men are planning to head a home with no idea about what it means to be a leader.

Ladies are wired to naturally submit to a leader. That's why they admire their boss and appreciate their pastors.

If these guys prove to he anything less of a leader, their submission diminishes. A smart man should submit to acquiring leadership skills, that's what wisdom should tell men. But no! They bump into marriage forming husband without a clue as to the demands of husband or leader.

You can't go against principles and except success. Principles are universal.

When men spit words that are profane, I simply shake my head.

For a morsel of meat, Esau said what's his birthright to him and we are in that generation, where men are selling off their birth rights to women and using their own mouths to say, they should share responsibilities because of hunger which is akin to the hardship in the land.

Headship comes with demands. Don't be fooled. It does.

Your wife is paying the rent as her responsibility in the home and you want her to automatically submit. The same woman you took from her dad to fend for and be her dad, you are insisting she pays rent by living with you.

Weren't you supposed to be living somehow before you married her?

You want to embrace western culture, and you are asking why we are having divorce rates skyrocket that our forefathers never experienced.

You want to lead, your wife, then he smart to know that she is your primary responsibility. When you can't fend per time, acknowledge it. Let her know you could have handled what she is tackling but for financial constraints. That's what a leader does.

Don't just keep mute and make her run the home and attribute it to the economy. You are selling your birthright.

She is the female partner in the relationship. But you are the head of the union. Then, act like the head.

You don't act it by screaming, " I am the head of this house", you act it by taking responsibility.

If Adam was punished for not taking responsibility, and we still suffer the brunt of his leadership flaws today, you won't be spared either. Don't become another failed project.

Embrace the skills needed to lead. Don't assume you can automatically lead hike wife because you are the prayer band leader in church.

Marriages are continually attacked by the enemy due to knowledge gap, not because the couple aren't praying. Be determined to make your marriage different.

The wife is the crown In her husband's head. She is not the head.

If anything that has two heads is a monster, then rise and lead, so she doesn't have any reason to challenge your headship.

Yeah! You can be a husband with traits worth emulating. A husband-leader, indeed.

and quote author=advanceDNA post=126877256]

The concept of automatic head in marriage in marriage is biblically driven....if u are religious and want to follow it....it's left to you....... It's works for some ..it doesn't in homes where one partner takes advantage of the other person....

Weda there is an appointed head by bible or not.....leadership in marriage naturally and seamlessly sorts itself out over time... Sometimes it's the partner that makes most money that calls the shot....sometimes, it's the person that knows how to keep things together... And sometimes, sadly it's the bully.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by kkins25(m): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
ednut1:
If you start feeding wild animals like lion, hyenas , tiger etc . They will lose their ability to hunt. Nigerian men were the one that spoilt the women with money till they became entitled. If you hammer today you will still use your money to snatch another man babe. Why blaming the women

Nigerian men have also carried that useless culture outside and using money to entice women in other african countries. A female friend from mali/france was doing uber food delivery with her bike in Toronto part time. Guess what Nigerian men she has met are telling her. That a fine babe like her should not be doing such hustle, she should come date them so they can take care of her.

Omo!! You're right oh! This plays out in Match making TikTok... I See beautiful babes being turned down and well to do guys being turned down.. Dating game is actually tougher than we make it to be..

To address your point, when both genders are asked, "tell us about yourself, they begin with their jobs. These set of people keep coming back day after day without match..

So,I stumbled upon a serria leone match making stream.. My lord!!!! It was completely different... Instead of the typical Nigerian" how much are u making, " both genders were tasked to say seductive stuffs.. 😂😂😂... As in, single mother was sitting with her three kids dropping rizz to another guy. I was more than flabbergasted.. On the flip side, One time a lady matched with one guy, and she had to first drop disclaimer that "sorry, I have one kid already."...

The naija dating scene has become completely transactional....Money for hand back for ground.

Nigeria match makers have on several occasions broke shamed men who came up to shoot their shot.. So, I think, as people, we have a very long way to go. Once the background of your home is lit and you have strip lights... ahhhh.... you score 100 points. 😂😂😂.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by kkins25(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
janeedema:
If it doesn't work, is simply because the man is playing the role of husband but not one of the leader.

There's such a thing as a husband-leader.

You aren't a leader by virtue of installment, you are one by virtue of training and process.

Most men are planning to head a home with no idea about what it means to be a leader.

Ladies are wired to naturally submit to a leader. That's why they admire their boss and appreciate their pastors.

If these guys prove to he anything less of a leader, their submission diminishes. A smart man should submit to acquiring leadership skills, that's what wisdom should tell men. But no! They bump into marriage forming husband without a clue as to the demands of husband or leader.

You can't go against principles and except success. Principles are universal.

When men spit words that are profane, I simply shake my head.

For a morsel of meat, Esau said what's his birthright to him and we are in that generation, where men are selling off their birth rights to women and using their own mouths to say, they should share responsibilities because of hunger which is akin to the hardship in the land.

Headship comes with demands. Don't be fooled. It does.

Your wife is paying the rent as her responsibility in the home and you want her to automatically submit. The same woman you took from her dad to fend for and be her dad, you are insisting she pays rent by living with you.

Weren't you supposed to be living somehow before you married her?

You want to embrace western culture, and you are asking why we are having divorce rates skyrocket that our forefathers never experienced.

You want to lead, your wife, then he smart to know that she is your primary responsibility. When you can't fend per time, acknowledge it. Let her know you could have handled what she is tackling but for financial constraints. That's what a leader does.

Don't just keep mute and make her run the home and attribute it to the economy. You are selling your birthright.

She is the female partner in the relationship. But you are the head of the union. Then, act like the head.

You don't act it by screaming, " I am the head of this house", you act it by taking responsibility.

If Adam was punished for not taking responsibility, and we still suffer the brunt of his leadership flaws today, you won't be spared either. Don't become another failed project.

Embrace the skills needed to lead. Don't assume you can automatically lead hike wife because you are the prayer band leader in church.

Marriages are continually attacked by the enemy due to knowledge gap, not because the couple aren't praying. Be determined to make your marriage different.

The wife is the crown In her husband's head. She is not the head.

If anything that has two heads is a monster, then rise and lead, so she doesn't have any reason to challenge your headship.

Yeah! You can be a husband with traits worth emulating. A husband-leader, indeed.

Hmmmm.. Good point.
Nothing, I hate more than being put below the authority of pastor.. Id it is her boss self, i can manage. but pastor? Na.........
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by okoroemeka(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Omo,you just dey write story OP.you must spend for Nigeria woman grin.if not..relationship go get k leg.Nigerian ladies enter relationship with the mind of profit . grin.i agree with your views o.but kolewerk in Naija
hmm,I am just wondering how long a hungry girl in need will love you,women are naturally attracted to successful men that will provide and care for them and I don't think there is anything wrong in spending what you can afford to lose on a woman so long she plays her part well
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Rejouir: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

Most Nigerian women can never stop being parasites....forget it.... Most of them are broke and always dream of making it life through men....if most women were given a wish that will come true... they would rather wish for a man that is rich, instead of wishing for their own truck load of money....

men are the ones that need to up their standard to stop dating broke, stingy, jobless women.
You see that word stingy, you stated there. Seem you have experienced alot.

Because me, am even tired. It isn't nice at all when i meet a lady, who is after benefits. Definitely the guy would spend, and care for his woman, but why the entitlements. So does it mean the moment the guy stops earning the relationship stops. It's not nice at all
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ednut1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
uuzba:

Western countries control the economy of the world.
They make sure Nigeria, Africa remains poor.
They can always create trouble in other countries, so that other countries will require their services, or loans.
That way, they always have money to pay their people.
NIgeria just stay one place, servicing ridiculous high World bank Debt.
All the money we have, we're using to service debt.
We don't have mouth to talk about minimum wage.
All our highly Educated people cannot produce anything to export and get the country out of debt.
So as we're just Educated and jobless. Our men cannot provide for women like in olden days.
how come western countries could not keep Singapore, arabs or china poor. The money we are getting even tho small is enough to develop Nigeria. 50m usd that way found in ikoyi- na western world put am there The jewelry and bra allison madueke buy na western world The money governor and presidents dey chop na western world
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

It's funny because what you are telling them is the truth. Give a man money and the next thing us to have 20 girlfriends and if none of them want him, it is 20 prostitutes to lavish his new found wealth on. Or to marry women to spend the money on. Half of their fantasy constitutes having a lot of women. Women to spend on.

It is only here they come to demonize women for wanting money, when all their validation is to give women money as a show of strength.

It is funny because why are you making such posts all over the thread? Lol. It's polite, but what is the activism there?

Now you get it!!
Do you really think most men can make more money than us if not that we codedly want it that way? We instinctively tamp down our own ambition, we sacrifice just so men can be men.. That’s why it is so annoying to us if despite all that we still find ourselves richer than our man!
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

There is nothing spiritual and psychological in running from financial responsibility.... Money is hard to make ...pvssy is easy to contribute

If not psychologcal/spiritual explain why most women intentionally tamp down their own ambition so men can be men
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by HRprof: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
realG101:

I'm sure the category of women you have worked with are in the minority.

It is the regular nigerian woman that is under reference here not the few of them doing exploits in their fields.

Your reference to biology is out of context as society has changed since the primitive times.

And speaking of the African man's responsibilities. Be reminded that societies progress by learning and assimilating from other more advanced cultures.

A tribe in Africa was know to kill twins before the whites told them better. And that tribe has eradicated the practice since then if not we will not be enjoying psquare today.

And if you thing majority of nigeria women don't bother their men will bills, you are living under a rock.
Even south africans woman know that nigerian men are overly generous. And that generosity is a result of the entitlement mentality from nigerian women.

Would Nigeria men accept GENDER EQUALITY
If you want to share bills with woman or don’t expect her to ask you money then accept to be equal with women and have same equal right in very thing that’s what white people you are comparing us practice. Many Nigeria men would say over their dead bodies to accept gender equality. So bro the culture made it to be so not women

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Dark Female Nairalanders / Indian Man Impregnated His 13 Wives At Same Time (photo) / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.