Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family (15993 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by phkka1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
Just find a place to live. Still be taking care of them.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by raphroye: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
Get an apartment and move out... Don't tell them you want to move out, make sure you've gotten the apartment and move in before telling them you won't be staying with them again but make sure they don't know your new apartment, at least not yet

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by juliuscaesar(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
The person I pity is your future wife. She will be marrying into wahala. You better be firm with setting your boundaries now. Show them that even if you are their younger brother, you are a man, and deserve some respect.

If you don't do that, they will transfer this attitude to your future wife and it will ruin your marriage. A word is enough for the wise.

8 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by CooldipoMPS: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by xavuv: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
Patented:
move out

As simple as A B C
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Politicstoday: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
Renting a house isn’t the profound solution here. The point here is they take you for granted cos’ you are too too quiet. There are some areas you should be quiet and there are some areas you shouldn’t be quiet. First sit your sister down and tell them about life and family. See from your write up here, the relationship between you and your sister isn’t cordial at all. Sit them down and tell them what you can offer in the family. Not only that tell them the economic reality in the nation today. With this they will give themselves wisdom and manner of approach to you ooo. I don’t think you have to go outside to rent an apartment again. To me it has not reach that level at all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Karlifate: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
juliuscaesar:
The person I pity is your future wife. She will be marrying into wahala. You better be firm with setting your boundaries now. Show them that even if you are their younger brother, you are a man, and deserve some respect.

If you don't do that, they will transfer this attitude to your future wife and it will ruin your marriage. A word is enough for the wise.

Exactly!

...and by extension, his children will suffer too.

These are the kind of siblings that'll send their nephews and nieces on dangerous errands, while their own children relax & watch cartoon. cheesy

God save him he dies prematurely, dem go use his children do househelp tire.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by HEBEI: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Patriotsleague: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Don't tell them you hate them, just give yourself space, go somewhere cool off.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by KillahPriest: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
quietly look for a new place without telling even your friends. Move out without showing your sisters where you stay and keep your mom on monthly salary. For the first six months to a year, they shouldn't know your new house o. I bet you, they'll survive in your absence

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by mrblessed(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
The abuse is still verbal, wait until it becomes physical before you demand to be respected.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Karlifate: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
My verdict: What you won't accept as a rich man, you'd start rejecting it as poor man.

💯

A word is enough for a fool cos the wise needs no word.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by pansophist(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
Move out.

That should be your first priority right now. By moving out, you exempt yourself from all kinds of nonsense, ''see finish'', and overfamiliarity. Then support them from afar, if you have to.

When you don't have money to support them, their noise will be on the phone only, depending on if you choose to respond. Distance is a natural antidote to all kinds of problems with problematic folks.

Respect is reciprocal. Just because you are younger doesn't mean your sister should disrespect you. Even children deserve basic human respect. To deal with them is easy, just cut off support.

It is an insult to your hustle for you to bankroll someone, and instead of appreciation, they still treat you like trash. Don't accept it. If they find you disgusting, your money should be disgusting too.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by jaymichael(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
The sooner you realise that you came alone, you will die and be buried alone, the better for you. Your mother's welfare is your father's responsibility. Your sisters' responsibility isn't yours. They should get a job or do olosho if they don't want to work but want their bills taken care of.
Lastly, DO LESS THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO.
Let no one know say money dey your hand. MOST IMPORTANTLY, MOVE OUT. You have your life to plan.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Blitzking: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

How old are you and how many siblings do u av..male and female if you are above 25 to 30 and done with school move out and get a room apartment...send them what you can monthly and end it there. Guess you are still growing financially so they shouldn't stress you cos the small money entering your hand if u don't plan u won't get to the next stage and u won't be able to help them cos them go don wreck you and them go still blame you..that elder sis always saying I am ur senior is she not yet married she should go and get a job or marry preferably both so she doesn't become a liability to her husband cos men of these days hate liability. Before u know it one riff-raff will impregnate her and she will be asking baby food from you stressing you..no let them limit ur potential oo...and please stay far away from them but support them the little you can..

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by tollyboy5(m): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
englishmart:
Respect is earned. They were your elder sisters when you were kids snd teenagers. As an adult, you are in charge of that house. If she did respects you, disrespect her. If she mistakenly slaps you, give her a very sound one in retaliation. You're the man of that house, and you must be respected at all costs. If she tells you things that hurt your ego, don't be the nice guy, tell her things that hurt her ego, too. Narcissistic psychopaths don't know the kind of pain the ass they are.
Please don't mind this one oh! grin grin grin
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by spiSeyi: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
This is how it happens in most marriages grin, married men dey endure undecided and society is not favorable to them embarassed .
They are teaching you how to deal with 99.9% of Nigeria women bcs that is how they behave grin
1 OP you need to mind your use of speech with your families bcs if them talk your matter with village ppl shocked
2 know that you can't satisfy them you need not feel bad.
3 Set some funds like 2-3% of your earnings aside to give them whenever they ask you for money
4 Start planning your exit out of that house but not immediately, give it a space of next 4-6 months
5 Finaly don't act Mr Rich guy act play the broke guy game, above all respect your parent and remain humble you need not to exchange words with them because you are a man cool

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Exceed15: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dey dere o. Get the fuvk out of that house.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Magnoliaa(f): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
She's a cantankerous fellow.

I h8 dealing with people like that, abeg.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by viodemus: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
Manage your emotions.

Things are difficult worldwide, it is more bitng in Nigeria, because of the dun*ces we have as leaders.

Manage your emotions. No too send them. Dey remind them say no be you be FG
or sg or lg. You can only do your best. Na manage everybody dey.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Karleb(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Jobless women are the most entitled, whether they your family or not doesn't matter.

Move out bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by jaxxy(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

girls are generally problematic and sisters can show tough love. U should try to understand them while also settling ur boundaries.

I don't believe in have a bad relationship with ur sisters atleast make it a normal one if not a good one.

They are not disturbing u for personal stuffs bt things everybody in the house will use including ur parents.

I don't see where they insulted u for not buying them wig or lashes? undecided

if u respect them they will respect u.

Note u are doing well today doesn't mean they can't do well or better 2moro. Have a good relationship with them as much as u can bare.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by bonnyhope: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

You are actually a boy
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by WantsandMore: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
Perhaps you should call a family meeting with everyone in attendance, address the issue respectfully, in the meeting say things you can afford to do that are your primary concerns others would've to be when you can afford them, I you can't they would've to do it themselves.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
■ I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
From your Op, it does seem like your sisters may in fact be bullying you. undecided

Have you considered growing a tough skin and probably ignoring them when they are in that verbally abusive mode of theirs? If possible, do not move out until you are sure that you are not phased by their emotional abusive attitude towards you. I say this because their are lots of people like that out in the world and the best place to learn how to conquer even those may be right where you are now. undecided
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by pongwa(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

na the same way your mom dey treat your popsi so (I lie?). You better stand your ground or you fall in line
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Legitplug005: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
I'm buying at competitive rates, and you can reach me at
0 8 0 5 1 4 4 9 2 3 9 on WhatsApp. I can offer you a competitive rate of 500 naira per coin,
I pride myself on my honesty and transparency, and I'm always available on WhatsApp to answer any questions you may have. I'm passionate about helping people make the most of their , and I always put my customers first. I guarantee that you'll be satisfied with my service, so please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for considering me as your pi coin buyer!

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by chinex11(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
This is a sign that you should move out. Its not forsaking them just move out to another environment where you can take care of yourself. That way you can grow personally and anytime you send them money they will appreciate. If you dont do it now you will have greater trouble when you get married.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Geovanni412(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

Op, your problem is simple to resolve

Leave the house for them and rent a small place

If dem get mind, make dem come give you headache for ya area

Option two is this...next time they disturb you for funds, tell them you are thinking about it and take a stroll to ya neighbour's place for an hour or two then come back.

If they ask you again, repeat it, they will soon understand that you are not father christmas

Option 1 is the better one if you ask me but you will need option two when they eventually come to worry you in your new apartment.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by tbarrister(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Joecross888:

Na bro u just added more gas to fire be dat ooo

Unfortunately that's the only way to deal with disrespect, even of its from those who senior you. If you're a man, you have to act like a man and don't tolerate disrespect from anyone except your parents
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by FreeStuffsNG: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

You're a good child, son and brother. The little success you have is because of your humility, love and respect for them. Sincerely, let me be honest, all you typed up there are no big deal, they must have all dotted over you and see you as the man they don't currently have.

Please ,don't take it for granted ,keep respecting them and praying for them. They are equipping you with the skill, patience and wisdom to handle your wife and children someday. Will you move out of your own home because of your wife and children throwing tantrums? No.

Most of those advising you to move out are from dysfunctional homes where father and mother are sworn enemies and siblings want to be as far as possible from one another! Don't take their dysfunctional advice. Your parents and your sisters are all you got and they are your cheerleaders behind your success, especially your parents.

Honestly, your wife and children will do far worse to you and you will bear and still fight for them till they turn out great in life.
Stay humble, it's your grace. I am sure that there is also an element of culture in it wink You never grow up to your parents and egbons . Read 1Pet 5:5 too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by nanauju(f): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

I think you should move out. Jealousy exist amongst siblings as well, to avoid brewing hatred just move out to a small room for the sake of your peace.

Still be sending you parents only some funds when you can

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / Household Appliances Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.