Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family (15947 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by HelpfulBro: 11:37am On Nov 09, 2023
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Patented: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
move out
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by eyinjuege: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
If you have sense, you will move out to a small apartment- single room, so nobody comes to encroach. Just send a certain amount monthly to your parents and lock up no matter the sob stories from anybody

163 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Lance008(m): 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
You are too weak bro
Tell ur sis say if na madness mak she stop am mak this be the first and last time mak dem go try such because you too get responsibility and things mak u Dey reason
Bro dem go calm down

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Hathor5(f): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
I don`t have your sisters` side of the story but verbal abuse is a no no.

If I were you, I would tell them that from now on and for all times, you would only consider polite requests, consider, not necessarily answer in the affirmative.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Joecross888: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
Lance008:
You are too weak bro
Tell ur sis say if na madness mak she stop am mak this be the first and last time mak dem go try such because you too get responsibility and things mak u Dey reason
Bro dem go calm down

Na bro u just added more gas to fire be dat ooo

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Lance008(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Joecross888:

Na bro u just added more gas to fire be dat ooo

Maybe
Sometimes dem need to see ur other side
But bro take things easy the way you think it is right

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Joecross888: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
Lance008:

Maybe
Sometimes dem need to see ur other side
But bro take things easy the way you think it is right

Anyone, anything that can make a man angry can send him to hell... Never let anyone see Ur anger be calm at all time emotional intelligence

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by mariahAngel(f): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
If you feel you're ready and you can sustain yourself financially, find your own place, even if it's a one room apartment.
You will have your peace of mind, and they will come to respect you.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Randal: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
You may be
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Wizpa(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2023

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by helinues: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7905631/myth-january-always-hard

Something related to the above thread, self entitlement mentality from friends and family as if they were there when one was struggling for the money.

People need to be consciously aware of that trait, those are the things that run one's down financially.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by callmevirus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by netpro(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
What separates a Man from a Boy is Maturity. Irrespective of age.

Since you can afford it, I will advice you to rent an apartment and move out. Support them and visit periodically. If your business is not bound to your current location, please consider out of town. Even if your business is there, still get an apartment.

If you cannot leave, then shut up and do as you are asked as the small boy you are who cannot Man up for himself.

19 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by webincomeplus(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
Your post already includes the solution to your problem. As long as you can afford your own accommodation, move out of that house!

You can always assist your family financially and otherwise from wherever you live.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by noskcid(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
Go rent house
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by englishmart(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
Respect is earned. They were your elder sisters when you were kids snd teenagers. As an adult, you are in charge of that house. If she did respects you, disrespect her. If she mistakenly slaps you, give her a very sound one in retaliation. You're the man of that house, and you must be respected at all costs. If she tells you things that hurt your ego, don't be the nice guy, tell her things that hurt her ego, too. Narcissistic psychopaths don't know the kind of pain in the ass they are.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Brendaniel: 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
It is well....
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by UncleKoboko: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Ofemmanu1: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hathor5:
I don`t have your sisters` side of the story but verbal abuse is a no no.

If I were you, I would tell them that from now on and for all times, you would only consider polite requests, consider, not necessarily answer in the affirmative.

Consider kini?

If my sib try this, na hot slap e go get..

We respect our seniors.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by AlexBells(m): 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Don’t leave oo, talk sense to them, are you the only son? Remind them that you have long expected them to be married but you are just enduring and they are not helping. You are the man, don’t let those girls push you out, it is not funny out there, next time get a loud speaker and play music and develop thick skin and don’t let anything they say get to you, if your mum trouble you, remind her that you did not invite her to give birth to you and henceforth tell her that she MUST take care of you or heaven will fall, where their madness start is where yours should start and now is the time.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by DiskJokeyManic: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Go and rent a new place and stay

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by judecares1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2023
Yesterday i read about Anthony Joshua who said he still stays with his mom at the 34yrs,does it mean he cant afford an apartment of his own? Why do we always give wrong advise all the time by asking him to leave just cos he has little money? From your statement you said you have assisted your family from Jan till date with approx 100k and i will ask you a simple question, how much do you think will be cost of decent accommodation in your location excluding payment of your bills, medical and feeding?
Let me tell you something, all women are same be it your sister or girlfriend, they all have entitlement mentality or the ideology of trying to prove they are not weak just as the society sees them, if you can tolerate your girlfriend with all her nagging character but you find it offensive when your elder sisters talk to you. Do you think your elder sisters are happy being single or not being able to contribute to the wellbeing of the family? Do you know the emotional stress which day are passing through? Bro your sisters are talking to u in such a way because you guys are one, don't find it offensive rather an act of love. Try and ask yourself if you were to be in there shoes how will you feel?

Take your financial opportunity of assisting the family as a blessing and not as financial burden on you.

And finally never take the words from your mom or your elder sisters personal for it will go along way to help. Women tends to talk or speak out of emotions

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? / 3-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos / Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.