Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family (15990 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by NaijaCover(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
Nawa o
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Ingocof(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all

As long as you are in that house you will remain their baby since you are the last born no matter your age and your level of finances, if you desire privacy and respect move out sharply and have an accommodation to yourself and that doesn't stop you from helping your parent as you have been doing before. Remember that familiarity breeds contempt while rarity breeds respect.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by papajingolo(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
My conclusion from my experience is those senior get jealous when their younger is working and earning what they could not do when your age.

It is a very tricky situation right now, cause how you address the situation now goes a long way in your relationship with them.

My advice what I do is, keep up with your source of income, and don't let their pressure get into your head to misbehave and loose the opportunity, the will mock you bad if it happen.

Don't show up full, save some money and move out , it will never get better. The jealousy is real. Provide only when you see they are in dire need. Reduce flamboyancy. Ire oooo....
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by princessyere1(f): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
Then move.. if you are really how you portrayed yourself then you deserve respect
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Annahh(f): 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
Why don't you just rent your house and have peace of mind and respect, rent your house, stay away from home for atleast 8 months and your respect will be restored.

Thank me later.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by litaninja(m): 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Move the fvck out.

HelpfulBro:

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by DavidEsq(m): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2023
eyinjuege:
If you have sense, you will move out to a small apartment- single room, so nobody comes to encroach. Just send a certain amount monthly to your parents and lock up no matter the sob stories from anybody
Exactly! He's just being too foolish, whining like a yellow piglet. Werey comot from that house go rent your own place. No let d.know.whwre u dey go!
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Joecross888: 3:19am On Nov 10, 2023
VULCAN:
Most people equate cowardice with calmness.

Not standing up for your rights is cowardice.

That's why keeping calm in the face of bullies has never led to respite.

Ask any bully whether he stopped bullying someone because they remained calm.

Find a space btw not hot and not cold
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Oomardesigns: 5:54am On Nov 10, 2023
You are not a man
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Realiskit(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Simply move out and from time to time send money to your parents. For your sisters forget sending them anything. You don't owe them anything. Besides they should be the one taking care of you as their younger brother.
My siblings both older and younger used to harass me too until I decided that the only people I owe is my parents. These days send my parents money regularly but for my ungrateful siblings, we simply chat once in a blue moon.

HelpfulBro:

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Steveagro: 8:55am On Nov 10, 2023
Talk to your father he is in a better position to guide you both as an insider and a man

Option 2 if that doesn't work instead of rushing to rent a new place, depending on where you live and how much you earn you can get a local land and start building a self contain or 1 bedroom flat for yourself and move into it when it reaches a reasonable extent

You know your family better than anyone else, learn to ignore some of their manipulative statements and requests as long as you know you're doing your best and also keep building yourself
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by achimendy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
HelpfulBro:

One hot dirty slap will solve the problem. Wen a woman does what you don't like and you're keeping quiet it means you're giving them the chance to do more. And they love it wen you don't act.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by armadeo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
HelpfulBro:

This na long story.

Pack out and get your own place and have peace.

Simple.

I give you permission
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by frozen70(f): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
HelpfulBro:

In all you wrote, you didn't mention the action your parents are taking towards this dirty attitude of them

Well if you fell that you have had enough

Start looking for your own accommodation

By the time you pack out of that house they will know your worth

You dont need to argue with them

Just take all of them by surprise
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by nobaga: 4:22am On Nov 11, 2023
Move out, move out. Confront your sisters that brought you up?

Sometimes you guys cannot read between the lines. People take insults at work, at home, from friends and even in your own business from customers.

You have to balance the insults with the benefits. This guy lives at home and supports his family that cared for him to turn out as the family pillar.

Nobody told you two or three people live together in order to save. Even when families split up, they become poorer and their standard of living tumble.

This guy saves money he will need later on and will do better if he ignores your selfish advice to move out. There is time for everything.

Never take decisions on impulse. Cool off and be nice to your parents and sisters until you get solid footing. Do not desert your family for selfish reasons.

Learn how to take insults. There are greater insults waiting for you from your customers or clients if you have your own business, from employers, friend and guess what, when you marry.

How you cope in future will be determined by the perseverance you display now. If you move out and they have to sell the house eeh; you will regret. Indeed, cry like a baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / Household Appliances Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.