Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family (15991 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Catapault: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
From your Op, it does seem like your sisters may in fact be bullying you. undecided

Have you considered growing a tough skin and probably ignoring them when they are in that verbally abusive mode of theirs? If possible, do not move out until you are sure that you are not phased by their emotional abusive attitude towards you. I say this because their are lots of people like that out in the world and the best place to learn how to conquer even those may be right where you are now. undecided

The ONLY WAY to deal with narcissists and manipulators, whether in his home or outside, is to have NOTHING to do with them.

Go ‘No Contact’.

That is what health professionals and therapists all say.

If you are the victim of narcissistic manipulators, break all contact with them, because they will NEVER change.

They will NEVER say sorry or feel sorry for anything they’ve done to you, because as psychopaths, they have no empathy like normal humans.

OP, you need to leave ASAP, and break off ALL CONTACT with them.

If you don’t, they will hunt you down and they will crush you. If not physically, then psychologically.

Guaranteed.

Stop regarding them as your “sisters”. They have LOST the right to be called your sisters. They have shown that they do NOT love you, and so you owe them NOTHING.

They are banking on you having a conscience, because THEY lack one.

They are so sure of you.

Of your decency and humility. They take you for granted, knowing that they can always guilt-trip you into complying with their behaviour and demands.

DO NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE WITH THEM. ACT IN YOUR INTEREST.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by jaxxy(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:

Doormat.

With this attitude, narcissistic women will crush you in this world.

I bet you don’t even know what narcissism and manipulation are.

You never see anything.

Small boy giving advice.

u have no idea who ure talking to. U think everything is by making noise and forming hard guy online.

in ur mind Urr a big boy?
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Lordwesley: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
From your write up , you are a gentleman
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:
The ONLY WAY to deal with narcissists and manipulators, whether in his home or outside, is to have NOTHING to do with them. Go ‘No Contact’. That is what health professionals and therapists all say. If you are the victim of narcissistic manipulators, break all contact with them, because they will NEVER change. They will NEVER say sorry or feel sorry for anything they’ve done to you, because as psychopaths, they have no empathy like normal humans. OP, you need to leave ASAP, and break off ALL CONTACT with them.
If you don’t, they will hunt you down and they will crush you. If not physically, then psychologically. Guaranteed.
Well, a bully is not necessarily a narcissist, so I am not willing to jump that far. I take it OP grew up with his sisters so if they had indeed always been manipulators or narcissists as you claim, it would have come out from him but none of that did so my guess is this behavior of theirs has not always been there and so OP may be able to endure it for a bit longer. undecided
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by steeltrust: 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
oga if you like your self
Pack out of that house and cut them off

No tell anybody your plan
Where ever you relocate to you can from there help them the little you can and if they insist you’re not trying block them

You’re too young for their nonsense
No be you cause am say you’re doing better
Mark my word they will poison you one day if you don’t live that house

It all jealousy

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Jackipapa: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2023
Sell the script to Nollywood and thank me later.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Catapault: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, a bully is not necessarily a narcissist, so I am not willing to jump that far. I take it OP grew up with his sisters so if they had indeed always been manipulators or narcissists as you claim, it would have come out from him but none of that did so my guess is this behavior of theirs has not always been there and so OP may be able to endure it for a bit longer. undecided

If you have not studied/researched narcissism and manipulation, you will not understand or recognise it when it’s happening.

The OP is CLEARLY a victim of narcissistic manipulators.

I can see it all because I have been through it.

You will think the sisters are being that way because of some benign reason or the other.

Wrong. They are narcissists and manipulators.

They actually can’t help themselves because it is a personality disorder.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:
If you have not studied narcissism and manipulation, you will not understand or recognise it when it’s happening. The OP is CLEARLY a victim of narcissistic manipulators. I can see it all because I have been through it. You will think the sisters are being that way because of some benign reason or the other. Wrong. They are narcissists and manipulators. They actually can’t help themselves because it is a personality disorder.
I'd not read additional meanings into what OP has written. undecided
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Catapault: 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I'd not read additional meanings into what OP has written. undecided

That’s because you don’t know, and have no experience of narcissistic abuse and manipulation.

If you did, you would recognise it immediately in the OP’s post.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:
■ That’s because you don’t know, and have no experience of narcissistic abuse and manipulation.
If it makes you feel better to assume that too, go for it! undecided
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Catapault: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If it makes you feel better to assume that too, go for it! undecided

Ignoramus. Do yourself a favour. Go on Google and type ‘narcissism and manipulation’. And LEARN about it. And how to identify it.

Or remain stupid.

After all you know everything there is to know.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by VULCAN(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Most people equate cowardice with calmness.

Not standing up for your rights is cowardice.

That's why keeping calm in the face of bullies has never led to respite.

Ask any bully whether he stopped bullying someone because they remained calm.

Joecross888:

Anyone, anything that can make a man angry can send him to hell... Never let anyone see Ur anger be calm at all time emotional intelligence

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by HelpfulBro: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Catapault:

Ignoramus. Do yourself a favour. Go on Google and type ‘narcissism and manipulation’. And LEARN about it.

Or remain stupid.

After all you know everything there is to know.

I just got out of a narcissistic relationship and I'm healing learning about narcissistic abuse, reactive abuse and gaslighting that's why I'm starting to notice these things alot

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Catapault: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

I just got out of a narcissistic relationship and I'm healing learning about narcissistic abuse, reactive abuse and gaslighting that's why I'm starting to notice these things alot

Thank you very much.

The sad thing is that 99% of Nigerians don’t know what narcissism and manipulation are, and many have been emotionally crushed by narcissists who can be friends, spouses, parents, siblings etc.

We need a course in Identifying Narcissism taught to every child in school, so they learn to identify and resist these monsters before they do any harm.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by SeriouslySense(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
Better answer. Very weird Elder sisters.

Hathor5:
I don`t have your sisters` side of the story but verbal abuse is a no no.

If I were you, I would tell them that from now on and for all times, you would only consider polite requests, consider, not necessarily answer in the affirmative.

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Qatar2022: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:
I'm a young man and still living with my parents and sisters. I earn some good amount of money and I'm doing okay for myself, I try as much as I can to help my family out with food stuff for example I've helped with 100k for food stuff from now till December and did a little things too like support my mom and help my dad but I'm very unhappy with my sisters and mom.

My sisters always verbally abuse me by insulting me when I don't do something for them and try to make feel guilty for not giving them what they ask for, when I try to set boundaries like what I don't like they tell me to shut up that I'm the junior that I'm talking rubbish

Just this Morning while I was still getting up with sleep in my eyes and praying they started banging my door that light meter has finished and I should come and pay but I was confused so I just didn't respond till I finished praying and came out. Before I did she was already shouting that they should leave me since I don't want to answer and she'll put #200 naira own if that what I want.

She injured her leg from the door while she was going out side to do it and now she's blaming me that I'm the reason why it happened to her, saying I'm still her junior and I don't have sense that why would I not answer her. I'm shocked and I told her how I'm I the problem and I just literally woke up, I just told them that I hate them and now she's insulting me more

I don't respond but I'm getting very angry at this and I'm looking for a way to leave the house and relocate, they are my older sisters and they don't even work or do anything but I don't say it to their faces but I don't see why they don't give me mutual respect at all
What are you still doing in that house? So far you are still in that house they will never respect you

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by GoodRocks: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

Dude grow up and rent a self contain apartment for yourself.

To command authority and respect, you need to be scares. And to do this, you need to get a place of your own
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Abiliboi: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
Rent your own apartment. You will be respected and valued better as you desire
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by esiri4jesu(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

The earlier you put your sisters where they belong the better. These same sisters will give you hell by the time you are married. I pity your wife in advance or else you start taking no shift from them

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Abiliboi: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Rent an apartment. Don't discuss it with those leeches, only inform your parents when you are ready to leave the house. You will be respected and valued better as you want
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Smithwilliams826: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

Oga move out.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by adeskee(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
eyinjuege:

Don't be an unfortunate fellow

It's not in my habit to dignify a badly raised nuisance like you with a response.But for emphasis sake,your parent did a bad job on you. You don't know what family love,bonding means,it easy you churn out stupidity. Afoju ni e,Eyin ju e deti foo
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by eyinjuege: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
adeskee:

It's not in my habit to dignify a badly raised nuisance like you with a response.But for emphasis sake,your parent did a bad job on you. You don't know what family love,bonding means,it easy you churn out stupidity. Afoju ni e,Eyin ju e deti foo

Ko ni ragba fun e, ati awon to ni e.
Ófó ni gbogbo ebí e ma se ki odún yi tó parí
Awon to ni e ma padanu e
Won ma bo bata òfò si iwájú ilé e ati awon to ni e, ki odun yi to pari
Oriburuku lo ma bere si ni ma tele e kiri lati oni lo
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Josephkabila12: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

you're suppose to get a place for yourself. That's all
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by jaksmillioniar: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
eyinjuege:
If you have sense, you will move out to a small apartment- single room, so nobody comes to encroach. Just send a certain amount monthly to your parents and lock up no matter the sob stories from anybody
I think u talk anyhow so he shd move out cos he Neva want to stay with his parent again did u ask his age.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by BRATISLAVA: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
AlexBells:
Don’t leave oo, talk sense to them, are you the only son? Remind them that you have long expected them to be married but you are just enduring and they are not helping. You are the man, don’t let those girls push you out, it is not funny out there, next time get a loud speaker and play music and develop thick skin and don’t let anything they say get to you, if your mum trouble you, remind her that you did not invite her to give birth to you and henceforth tell her that she MUST take care of you or heaven will fall, where their madness start is where yours should start and now is the time.

Lol. Don't know why this seems funny.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Yahoodelababe: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
They say "the words we speak only represents about 3% of the message we pass, the remaining 97% is non verbal ,eye contact, body language, tone of voice. Do you know even ur attitude alone even without speaking can pass a message that can make one angry at u. U said u finish ur prayer before coming to attend to them. And they are sure you heard them knocking. Its disrespectful They might be feeling you changed since u started making money. Now that is not to justify the insult they rain on you. Ppl react differently to different situation. Just remember two wrongs don't make a right. If at all you need to leave the house not now. Make peace then leave after a while if you must. Never ever tell them to go get married cos trust me they are not happy they are not married.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by AlexBells(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Lol. Don't know why this seems funny.
Let everyone be mad na, since they constantly remind him that they are older, let him remind them what is expected of them at their age
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by BRATISLAVA: 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
AlexBells:
Let everyone be mad na, since they constantly remind him that they are older, let him remind them what is expected of them at their age

Lol.
Maybe they're frustrated at not having any source of income or marriage, so they are taking it out on him.
He shouldn't provoke them to curse his daughters to suffer the same fate.
He could try telling them that they're bullying him, whatever they make of it.
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by AlexBells(m): 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Lol.
Maybe they're frustrated at not having any source of income or marriage, so they are taking it out on him.
He shouldn't provoke them to curse his daughters to suffer the same fate.
He could try telling them that they're bullying him, whatever they make of it.

This one believe in course, okay he should be smiling at them until they push him to depression and later suicide even before he is able to have a daughter, Oga no room for peace, if you do anyhow you see anyhow. Imagine girls not working, not married but stressing the hell out of their younger brother, unless there's something OP is not telling us, you can't do that with me, once you cross your limit, you collect. Is like when the mother do anyhow and I pack her belongings back to her mothers house that's when she and her daughters understand that I deserve peace in my mothers house
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Justiceleague1: 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
HelpfulBro:

You are just 18 and still very young to make choices.
You should be more concerned about your education seriously at this stage.
Are you a student or work type of work do you do?
What's your relationship with your father?
Take these things very serious,your father,education...don't ever make the mistake of talking bact to or insulting back your elder sisters o.
If you are man enough sha,you can secretly get an apartment and relocate. Don't tell them until the day you move..and please stay away from bad influence and friends
Re: I Feel Like I'm Being Bullied In My Family by Bananapill: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
Have you told them to go get married that their biological time is ticking away?
Get your small space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / Household Appliances Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.