Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband (41921 Views)

Toluige Olokoobi Babalola's Husband Was Met On Top Of Her Body / Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson / Police Detain Suspicious Vulture Owned By A Woman In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nkpommpko(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2023
dinachi:

Mohbad died under mysterious circumstances yet the wife is walking free! Country of idiots!
you didn't add illiterate senseless idiots. No investigation, no alibi check, no nothing, they just arrested the man. On what grounds even.

3 Likes

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by finallybusy: 11:57am On Nov 10, 2023
Leave that man alone. He wasn’t the cause of his wife’s frustration. No matter how comfy one makes another, the person may still end things. The problem was her not him. In a case of domestic violence, the onus was on her to leave. If she did so using suicide, the fault still laid on her.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by UnimkeAk(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Exactly my take. The man needs serious inerrogations. What will make a woman living with you commit suicide and you never suspected or noticed any strange moves and reported or taken action before it got to that stage.

When you're living with a man that doesn't care it can always result to this because a man that cares about your wellbeing will notice when you're down and try to talk you out of whatever it is that is bothering you. He'll offer to help and take you for therapy to get the needed medical attention but it seems there's no such relationship or bond between them and they are just living like flat mates. Smh..
So much for the so called marriage relationship.

Whether you're married or not just hold onto God cos only him can take care of you regardless, both in your prime and old age.
Marriage doesn't guarantee fulfilment. Only in God you can be fulfilled.

Maybe she is being blackmailed ?

Dem dey announce suicide?

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by NOwazobia: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2023
shortgun:
Why detain the husband?
Why won't they?

I wonder the kind thing wey dey ona head.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by NOwazobia: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
HugeElephant:

This is stupid. It's your Personal decision to end your life how and when you decide to too (if all thoughts goes as planned)
Everyone has been at an edge of contemplating sucide at one point in life.

As an adult, she must have thought it wise not to consult her own family about her decision.

She has made the best decision for her anyway. The best decision of not considering her kids welfare after she's gone. What a coward
And the case should just end with "I saw her hanging from a rope"?

Then, anyone can commit a crime, and disguise it as hanging.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by worksmart(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
In this Tinubu economy people are under too much stress.

Biko everybody be calming down. We can't come and be killing ourselves because Tinubu's non
sense.

May the lady RIP.

May Tinubu Presidency not last beyond this month of November!
Let me hear "Amen!"
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by qtx(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
the world is full of so much trouble especially these days. rest on sister
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Edusouls(m): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
Emperormartin:
Barely 10 years ago Nigeria weren't committing suicide. Infact Nigerians see suicide as a western thing...not applicable here

But from 2015 till date we're now topping the chat.

Someone that started been curious about Nigeria affairs from 2015 will now be thinking suicide has already been here with us.

Sad!!!
it’s a very scary trend I mean as u said we thought it was a western thing before now it’s increasing in our society, poverty and hardship no be today I’m Dey, people lost hope in God and that’s the disaster

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Exactly my take. The man needs serious inerrogations. What will make a woman living with you commit suicide and you never suspected or noticed any strange moves and reported or taken action before it got to that stage.

When you're living with a man that doesn't care it can always result to this because a man that cares about your wellbeing will notice when you're down and try to talk you out of whatever it is that is bothering you. He'll offer to help and take you for therapy to get the needed medical attention but it seems there's no such relationship or bond between them and they are just living like flat mates. Smh..

Whether you're married or not just hold onto God cos only him can take care of you regardless, both in your prime and old age.

With people going around with this kind of mentality, it shouldn't be too surprising why suicide rates are slowly climbing.

When people are now thinking with their poopers instead of their brains it's not too hard to understand why people bottle up their feelings and emotions.

A man has just lost wife to suicide. He has been arrested for questioning. And the first thing you say is to support the arrest. Should he be arrested? Or should he be supported? Do you know if he has been battling the situation with his wife for long? Do you know if he has been trying all he can to help his wife's depressed situation.

Look, as hard as it may sound, suicide is a clear indication of someone who is selfish. Yes depression can push someone to suicide, but only if they dwell too much on their issues. Most of the times, when you hear reasons for suicide, you cant place common sense to it. Just the other day I heard a man in Abuja committed suicide because of loan. How do you explain that. What problems can a mother possibly face, that would justify bailing out on her children. Let us remove the husband first, ......3 kids....if she had ever brought herself to think about her children's future...it could have been different.

Suicide is just a selfish persons way out of their problems. They have though way too much and too long on a problem, they just want it to stop. The degree of their self centeredness is evident by the fact that even they themselves do not intend to end their life. They just want the problem to stop so much that they forget that it also ends their life. I can tell you that the moment she hung from that rope, her senses came back to her.....but it was too late. There was no way back. She made sure of it by ensuring there was no one at home.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by justking(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
Rip
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Indispensable85(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Why detain the husband?
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
Timfreds:

So how do want the police to go about investigating the death?
Ok they should rather detain the little children abi. Use your brain guy

They are not supposed to arrest or detain anyone except he is a proven suspect with links to the death... And the arrest must be preceded by a warrant which has to be signed by a judge convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

A grieving husband shouldn't even be invited to the station not to speak of being arrested and Detained... The police is supposed to question him in his house.

Now, use your own brain... That you grew up in a lawless country where the police oppress citizens doesn't mean you shouldn't enlighten yourself on how investigations are conducted.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by hkidola00(m): 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
dinachi:

Mohbad died under mysterious circumstances yet the wife is walking free! Country of idiots!
wait ,thats true oo
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by omooba969(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2023
ericmor:

When they speak, people don't believe and if they believe, they show no concern and they will let you know they have their own problems also as the situation of the country keep getting worst every day by day. That is why most of those people feel lonely and believe they are on their own. Only few people does assist and they are rear

I understand your drift and the lack of motivation associated with depression but to not do anything is not advisable as it would exacerbate the condition.

I want to believe there are Mental health facilities/clinics all around Nigeria and there are clinicians who are well trained to help with mental health conditions/illness. People need to help themselves by making effort to seek health information as well.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Nukilia:
This might be a case or murder.
Let's have an autopsy cry

Maybe she was being blackmailed by somebody from her past

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jephyard(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Wow. Abeg who be your dealer. I need him number. And for those who liken his comment, you all need to ask yourself this question? What research did he carried out to arrive at this conclusion. Just too bad most of you don't think. No wonder Nigeria is just a crime scene.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by CHARLOE(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2023
I won't be surprised if it's cos d man has a sidechick or baby mama. There's no problem that's new under d sun with no solution, but when u dwell on it n worry, then depression sets in n frm there it's touch n go!
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by femicyrus(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2023
The president of Nigeria and the governor of Edo state should also be detained for questioning if the husband was detained.
These are the people directly responsible for the frustration in town
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Meedon: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
BrickDevo:
Is time to speak out, it's time to protest
But you people will not hear,

you fear for your lives, but what will you loose, you protest you die, you don't protest suicide and hunger will kill you regardless......
leadtheprotestthenwefollowyou
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by DonroxyII: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
wittywriter:
Sad one...
RIP
Many fail to realize that life is transient!.

Wittyness.
That Boy Even told him to "Calm Down" ... Kaiii .... He was Mistaken for Playing But That's His Subconscious Passing Messages to His "Mom" .... !

Rip, Death is a Phenomenon for All .... Go & Come Back as No one is Going Anyhwere Until Your Time Lapsed !

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by aremubabs: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, even in sane climes, people are detained 'on suspicion' and then released. Some are even arrested, charged to court, and get acqitted,Happens.
I know our police is bad, but arresting someone based on reasonable suspicion is not basically implying the person is definitively guilty

People are not detained on suspicion, but can be detained on REASONABLE suspicion, which is less than probable cause which warrants the use of a handcuff.

Maybe you should check the meaning of suspicion

It is a hunch. You don't detain someone because you have a hunch.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
aremubabs:

What nonsense are you jabbering?

So, it is an offense to not suspect anything?

So, the police would arrest him by saying, "Mr, you are under arrest for not suspecting anything"?

I have always said it that our police is a reflection of the average Nigerian.

Read again before attacking. I said detained for questioning, not for arrested for murder

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Swiftgrp: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ishilove:

Madam, it is too early to start passing judgement. Have you heard from him before coming to all these unfounded conclusions??

Helloo ... Madam go and read my comment again. I didn't conclude that he's responsible. I was only speculating and from the second paragraph of my comment, I was Making a remark on marriage in general not judging theirs in particular. Try to understand before you too conclude.

The man is supposed to be brought in for questioning not arrested for murder. That's all I'm simply saying. Abeg!
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
If this news is actually true, then this is a sad demise. Life is but a fickle of our imaginations. In a moment, it's all brought to an end. The memories are all that are now left behind. She'll always be on the internet till the world finally comes to its end. Adieu Ma'am. I hope that you rest in peace.

But my question is, if the husband of the deceased had been the one who committed suicide, would the cops have moved to immediately arrest the wife??
Hmm...

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Helloo ... Madam go and read my comment again. I didn't conclude that he's responsible. I was only speculating and from the second paragraph of my comment, I was Making a remark on marriage in general not judging theirs in particular. Try to understand before you too conclude.

The man is supposed to be brought in for questioning not arrested for murder. That's all I'm simply saying. Abeg!
Be calming down, as the son of the late woman famously said.
You sound very defensive. Like one who is trying to amend a statement she initially made without wanting to be caught doing so.
What's the exclamation mark for after your " abeg "
Lol. Are you shouting or yelling at Ishi for stating that your speculation of the man being responsible (like it or not, you implied this indirectly) ?
Just accept your correction. Don't come and lash out at me too, oh.

2 Likes

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by ericmor: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
omooba969:

I understand your drift and the lack of motivation associated with depression but to not do anything is not advisable as it would exacerbate the condition.

I want to believe there are Mental health facilities/clinics all around Nigeria and there are clinicians who are well trained to help with mental health conditions/illness. People need to help themselves by making effort to seek health information as well.

It's still about getting help which is one of the major problem we are facing now in our society.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Gr8amechi: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2023
HugeElephant:

This is stupid. It's your Personal decision to end your life how and when you decide to too (if all thoughts goes as planned)
Everyone has been at an edge of contemplating sucide at one point in life.

As an adult, she must have thought it wise not to consult her own family about her decision.

She has made the best decision for her anyway. The best decision of not considering her kids welfare after she's gone. What a coward
What if she was murdered?
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Pristine664: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Confirm4real:

The fact you can feed well doesn't mean others can.

Aren't you going to the market and see how prices of food stuffs and other household needs have doubled, how many homes can afford it?

Do you know the kind of hardships people are undergoing since the removal of subsidy without creating solutions to curb the hardships?

Oga you're the one with low IQ here.

Trying to bring in politics to this conversation make you sound like clown though, the candidate you supported in the election would probably have been worse. Stop taking politicians seriously and focus on real life matters.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Pristine664: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
worksmart:
In this Tinubu economy people are under too much stress.

Biko everybody be calming down. We can't come and be killing ourselves because Tinubu's non
sense.

May the lady RIP.

May Tinubu Presidency not last beyond this month of November!
Let me hear "Amen!"

Since it is now about politics, may Tinubu rule till 2031! Amen.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by omooba969(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
ericmor:

It's still about getting help which is one of the major problem we are facing now in our society.

I believe I already addressed this question in my comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Al Jazeera Shares Video Of Ochanya, 13-year-old Girl Raped To Death / Fake Policeman Arrested in Kaduna State, See What Was Recovered From Him (PICS) / Ritualists Who Killed Okada Man And Stole His Joystick- Shot By Soldiers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.