Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband (41956 Views)

Toluige Olokoobi Babalola's Husband Was Met On Top Of Her Body / Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson / Police Detain Suspicious Vulture Owned By A Woman In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Judolisco(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2023
Nukilia:
This might be a case or murder.
Let's have an autopsy cry
na why police hold am bdat
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Exceed15: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Who should they detain? The dead woman or her children?

Who was with her when she took her life?
Do you know if he contributed to what led to the suicide? These are some of the reasons he was detained I guess; to find out if he's the reason or is directly or indirectly connected to the suicide.

It's normal. He needs some answering to do about what he knows concerning the death of his live in spouse.

That's the problem with people like you. Your emotions just dey fly up and down. Why is it that in Nigeria when a husband dies even if it's a natural death they would say it's the wife and vice versa. Take it easy and study situation well. Let not this your hot emotions land u in making a grievous mistake.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Exceed15: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
HugeElephant:

This is stupid. It's your Personal decision to end your life how and when you decide to too (if all thoughts goes as planned)
Everyone has been at an edge of contemplating sucide at one point in life.

As an adult, she must have thought it wise not to consult her own family about her decision.

She has made the best decision for her anyway. The best decision of not considering her kids welfare after she's gone. What a coward

Exactly my brother. Depression makes u isolate yourself from people that are even dear to u. It's just too early for people pointing accusing finger to the man. Which kind Wahala be dis?

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Exceed15: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
yewit37486:

Do you know the family personally?

Don't mind her . Carry matter for head dey fly like super man. Let's wait for the outcome of the autopsy.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairalanda1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2023
[quote author=aremubabs post=126893117]

People are not detained on suspicion, but can be detained on REASONABLE suspicion, which is less than probable cause which warrants the use of a handcuff.

[quote]

Which is kind of what I mean, and which happens in Nigeria.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Exceed15: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
Myer:

The husband may not understand how to deal with her symptoms of depression.
I was depressed and even suicidal and my family didn't know. Only very few that I opened to knew.

A person's State of Mind is a different world on it's own.
May God help us all.

The Police is right to do their investigations and interrogations to avoid foul-play.
May God comfort the family she has left behind.

Oh oo.. thanks for shedding more light. I have been depressed before and non of my family members knew . I grew up in living home. That person doesn't understand the spirit behind depression. U will lock up stuff within and u will still be smiling with people.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by chaloskyx: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
lol what are you detaining the husband for if its been cinfirmed she committed sucide? do you even need evidence the small boy tried to tell us the wiman had mental issues when he said mummy be calm8ng down but as usual we over looked that issue and turned it to a meme. release that man abeg

2 Likes

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairamaniac: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Exactly my take. The man needs serious inerrogations. What will make a woman living with you commit suicide and you never suspected or noticed any strange moves and reported or taken action before it got to that stage.

When you're living with a man that doesn't care it can always result to this because a man that cares about your wellbeing will notice when you're down and try to talk you out of whatever it is that is bothering you. He'll offer to help and take you for therapy to get the needed medical attention but it seems there's no such relationship or bond between them and they are just living like flat mates. Smh..
So much for the so called marriage relationship.

Whether you're married or not just hold onto God cos only him can take care of you regardless, both in your prime and old age.
Marriage doesn't guarantee fulfilment. Only in God you can be fulfilled.

I totally agree with this arrest.

A husband should be 100% responsible for the happyness of his wife.

Howeverof the reverse was the case and the man committed suicide, no one would have arrested the wife.

Cos a man has several other links to decide his happyness&Sadness.

He may even have many other girlfriends outside that are frustrating him.

So kudos to the Nigeria police force.

This man is responsible for this calamity.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Justiceleague1: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
This is the saddest news in this year
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairamaniac: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
chaloskyx:
lol what are you detaining the husband for if its been cinfirmed she committed sucide? do you even need evidence the small boy tried to tell us the wiman had mental issues when he said mummy be calm8ng down but as usual we over looked that issue and turned it to a meme. release that man abeg

The husband should be arrested.

A wife's happyness depends 100% on her husband.

The husband should have calmed her down. Either with money or sweet penis.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairamaniac: 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
IbileIfe:

Stop telling lies.
Nigerians have always been lamenting every government administration.
Austerity Measure era, the government provided locations to purchase foodstuffs at affordable prices; low cost houses, etc.

We could not afford the white and brown beans and buying the variety of beans that took hours to be cooked.

ALI MUST GO protests and riots.

Several people committed suicide.

I voted APC in 2015. I can tell you for a fact that Suicide became more frequent as from 2015.

The looks of Buhari, alone inspires suicide.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Justiceleague1: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
This is the saddest news in this year.

Oh God, please give that little boy real happiness in this life.....that kid has seen things in his little time on earth cry cry

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by chaloskyx: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
😅😅😅 very funny
nairamaniac:

The husband should be arrested.

A wife's happyness depends 100% on her husband.

The husband should have calmed her down. Either with money or sweet penis.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairamaniac: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
chaloskyx:
😅😅😅 very funny

Funny, but I'm very serious tho
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by chaloskyx: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
there is little you can do for most people that are depressed if one is not careful they would pull you down with them as its a reoccuring mental issue im sure the man tried on his part as far as im concerned a woman selfish enough to take her own life not thinking of the kids she would leave behind talkless of her husband. thats not someone that would be happy even if the husband does all he can to help her cause she is SELFISH and all about herself
nairamaniac:

Funny, but I'm very serious tho
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by nairamaniac: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
chaloskyx:
there is little you can do for most people that are depressed if one is not careful they would pull you down with them as its a reoccuring mental issue im sure the man tried on his part as far as im concerned a woman selfish enough to take her own life not thinking of the kids she would leave behind talkless of her husband. thats not someone that would be happy even if the husband does all he can to help her cause she is SELFISH and all about herself

Yeahhh. It's selfish of her to have committed suicide.

The husband may have been a responsible husband to her.

But inorder to know what drained her so emotionally to the extent of commiting suicide, the husband should have noticed this.

Woman can hardly hide their emotions. But men can hide it sooo easily.

The arrest is a good move to get out the truth.

If my wife commits suicide, I would forever feel like a failure. I would feel stigmatized within my peers.

The only men that should inspire suicide are Buhari and Tinubu.

Cos those 2 people have been extremely frustrating to us all.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Ishilove: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Helloo ... Madam go and read my comment again. I didn't conclude that he's responsible. I was only speculating and from the second paragraph of my comment, I was Making a remark on marriage in general not judging theirs in particular. Try to understand before you too conclude.

The man is supposed to be brought in for questioning not arrested for murder. That's all I'm simply saying. Abeg!

What will make a woman living with you commit suicide and you never suspected or noticed any strange moves and reported or taken action before it got to that stage.

The above statement is not speculation. This is you commenting with baseless certainty.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Dshocker(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Godfullsam:
People are going through a lot in this life.

Pls as you go at every day, always make sure you put a smile on someone's face.

If you know you cannot help people, don't add to their problems.

E get y

Nigerians will choose bad leaders and keep complaining of hardship.

By 2025 will go know how far.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Dshocker(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Emperormartin:
Barely 10 years ago Nigeria weren't committing suicide. Infact Nigerians see suicide as a western thing...not applicable here

But from 2015 till date we're now topping the chat.

Someone that started been curious about Nigeria affairs from 2015 will now be thinking suicide has already been here with us.

Sad!!!

Shebi una say na APC una want

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Myer(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
Exceed15:

Oh oo.. thanks for shedding more light. I have been depressed before and non of my family members knew . I grew up in living home. That person doesn't understand the spirit behind depression. U will lock up stuff within and u will still be smiling with people.
Yea, Nigerians are not yet informed about a lot of things.
There should be more sensitization about these things in churches and may be schools too.
Cos most, if not all of these things are spiritual too.

Glad you're in a better place. God continue to sustain and keep us- spirit, soul and body.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ishilove:

The above statement is not speculation. This is you commenting with baseless certainty.

Please check the dictionary meaning of speculation. It was just an open-ended question.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Confirm4real(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Pristine664:

Trying to bring in politics to this conversation make you sound like clown though, the candidate you supported in the election would probably have been worse. Stop taking politicians seriously and focus on real life matters.

If you aren't a nincompoop you wouldn't have supported the candidate you voted.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by BreconHills(m): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
Emperormartin:
Barely 10 years ago Nigeria weren't committing suicide. Infact Nigerians see suicide as a western thing...not applicable here

But from 2015 till date we're now topping the chat.

Someone that started been curious about Nigeria affairs from 2015 will now be thinking suicide has already been here with us.

Sad!!!

It is not true that suicide in Nigeria began in 2015 and it is equally not true that Nigeria tops the table. Suicide is a tragedy and politicizing it only hides the true reasons behind it and ensures that more people will die.

Nigerias suicide rate is well below the global rate which includes the top 10 economies.

Let's make responsible comments and elevate the level of our discussion. Politics is transient. Lives matter.

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by gassbee: 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
shortgun:
Why detain the husband?
is very rare for a woman to commit suicide, so her husband would naturally be d first suspect
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Bluffly: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Exactly my take. The man needs serious inerrogations. What will make a woman living with you commit suicide and you never suspected or noticed any strange moves and reported or taken action before it got to that stage.

When you're living with a man that doesn't care it can always result to this because a man that cares about your wellbeing will notice when you're down and try to talk you out of whatever it is that is bothering you. He'll offer to help and take you for therapy to get the needed medical attention but it seems there's no such relationship or bond between them and they are just living like flat mates. Smh..
So much for the so called marriage relationship.

Whether you're married or not just hold onto God cos only him can take care of you regardless, both in your prime and old age.
Marriage doesn't guarantee fulfilment. Only in God you can be fulfilled.
Stop this. Do not judge the Husband yet. What if she did something and kept it secret. So suddenly the husband should be a god that will know inside put when most wives barely care to know their husband as they believe all is about them.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Bluffly: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
shortgun:
Why detain the husband?
Silly police. Investigation, they cannot conduct except you rub their hand.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Bluffly:

Stop this. Do not judge the Husband yet. What if she did something and kept it secret. So suddenly the husband should be a god that will know inside put when most wives barely care to know their husband as they believe all is about them.

Ok but I never suspected the husband killed her. Just saying maybe his attitude contributed.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by JoeEeL(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
BrickDevo:
Is time to speak out, it's time to protest
But you people will not hear,

you fear for your lives, but what will you loose, you protest you die, you don't protest suicide and hunger will kill you regardless......

Abi o.

1 Like

Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by JoeEeL(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
sucess001:

Well, he is the first person to give details being her closest adult. Doesn't mean he is guilty.

But if Dem arrest wunmi for mohbads death awon werey feminist will say she is going thru a lot

Double standards to these people, I swear.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Who should they detain? The dead woman or her children?

Who was with her when she took her life?
Do you know if he contributed to what led to the suicide? These are some of the reasons he was detained I guess; to find out if he's the reason or is directly or indirectly connected to the suicide.

It's normal. He needs some answering to do about what he knows concerning the death of his live in spouse.

On what evidence would they detain the husband?
The cause of death says suicide and not homicide or do you have an insider information you would care to share with the police that might implicate the man?
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
Skyview01:

On what evidence would they detain the husband?
The cause of death says suicide and not homicide or do you have an insider information you would care to share with the police that might implicate the man?

He's being detained for questioning not murder. He's the only one living with her or should they have brought someone else in for questioning?

No one is saying he killed her but to rule out murder, he has to answer some questions to free himself.
Re: Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband by ericmor: 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
omooba969:

I believe I already addressed this question in my comment.

Yes, that was what the comment is all about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Assassinate Engineer, Michael Ebirien- Agana In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Prostitute Strangled In Lagos Hotel Room / Video Of Two Unclad Abuja Men Who Shook Hands & Attacked A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.