Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! (1745 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Catapault: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2023
Pakistan, roughly the same population as Nigeria, is struggling with a 700,000 backlog in passport applications, with 45,000 new applications PER DAY, as people desperately try to flee the crumbling economy of the country, for 'greener pastures' in US, UK, Canada, Germany, France etc..

The country's passport office cannot print the passports fast enough to meet demand, and has now run out of PAPER to make the passports!

Start at 20:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CekDXOJk5o&ab_channel=Firstpost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Catapault: 12:56am On Nov 11, 2023
Pakistanis make light of frequent power blackouts

By Ariba Shahid and Waseem Sattar

January 24, 2023

KARACHI, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Pakistan's worst power outage in months became a source of humour for some in the country of 220 million, where an energy network desperately in need of an upgrade can lead to frequent blackouts and electricity rationing.

The nationwide outage, the second since October that left schools, hospitals and businesses without electricity, was resolved on Tuesday after 24 hours. Pakistan's energy minister blamed it on a lack of investment in the network and said lessons had been learnt.

Although the outage affected the internet and mobile phone services, it didn't stop many Pakistanis from taking to Twitter and other social media to share jokes and memes.

"Scenes at the home of that friend who has solar panels," Twitter user @zoeneedstherapy captioned a photo showing a single power outlet with five mobile phone chargers sticking out of it.

Millions of Pakistanis suffer partial blackouts almost daily, including scheduled "load shedding" power cuts aimed at conserving electricity.
The disruptions have fuelled years of strong demand for alternative power supplies and some local governments offer subsidised solar panels.

''I'm tired of this country'' - Pakistani man's expression shows exasperation.

In a village outside the southeastern city of Jacobabad in Sindh province, a Reuters correspondent saw a single solar panel on the roof of the one-room home of a family of melon farmers.

"Nowadays everybody has solar panels ... but they face trouble at night because they have no other source of power," said Sara Khan, the principal of a girls' school in Jacobabad, which regularly goes through scheduled blackouts that last up to 18 hours a day.

In many big cities, including the capital Islamabad and financial hub Karachi, many residents have installed at least three backup sources: solar panels, uninterrupted power supply (UPS) units and fuel-powered generators.

"Electricity problems are common here," said Karachi-based lawyer Ishtiaq Ahmed. "People have alternative arrangements, but these also have their limit."

A popular meme taken from a Spiderman comic book showed three "Spidermen" standing in a circle, pointing to each other and saying "I have a UPS but it isn't charged"; "I have a generator that runs on fuel, but there is no fuel"; "I have a solar panel but there is no sunlight".

But the outages also take their toll.

Irfan Khan, a 30-year-old student preparing for an upcoming exam, said he lost power even before Monday's major outage.

"It was terrible," Khan said in the northeastern city of Peshawar after leaving his tribal area to prepare for the exam.

"I didn't charge my phone, I didn't study for two days and I didn't have water in the washroom."

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/pakistanis-make-light-frequent-power-blackouts-2023-01-24/
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by stonemasonn: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2023
U don mean it! But some Nigerians want to Japa to Pakistan nah.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Lovemeharder(f): 3:31am On Nov 11, 2023
undecided
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by misreal(m): 3:48am On Nov 11, 2023
U want to go and turn the west into a bomb centre

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by helinues: 4:02am On Nov 11, 2023
Can we ship those who always talk ill of Nigeria to Pakistan.

Life should be better for them there as according to them, Nigeria is the worst country on earth

2 Likes

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Iwantslavesgone: 4:05am On Nov 11, 2023
They must come and occupy the East its empty. All the men are busy developing other regions

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by helinues: 4:07am On Nov 11, 2023
Iwantslavesgone:
They must come and occupy the East its empty. All the men are busy developing other regions

East is already an Eldorado. They have developed it so tey the indigenes dey japa enmass from the region

grin

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by 1TrippleCee: 4:11am On Nov 11, 2023
Complaints rather than solutions-inclination
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by OPICANTO2223: 4:53am On Nov 11, 2023
Exporting terrorists to Europe

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by ruggedtimi(m): 6:25am On Nov 11, 2023
Catapault:
Pakistan, roughly the same population as Nigeria, is struggling with a 700,000 backlog in passport applications, with 45,000 new applications PER DAY, as people desperately try to flee the crumbling economy of the country, for 'greener pastures' in US, UK, Canada, Germany, France etc..

The country's passport office cannot print the passports fast enough to meet demand, and has now run out of PAPER to make the passports!

they wont go to iran or qatar.

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Shinjawestern: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2023
Stupid people will not migrate to Sharia countries ...
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by franchasofficia: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2023
Nigeria = Pakistan = Afghanistan = Yemen = Somali = Bangladesh

all thanks to evil party called APC, Buhari and now druggie Tinubu angry

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Preservedfish: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2023
Good for them

Once I get my green card , I'm definitely relocating all my family both immediate and extended
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Ashirioluwa: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2023
This is same Pakistan some of our youths are trying to relocate to.
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by TANID(m): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2023
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by matthewkotin41(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
Embrace Liberalism and humanity and life will gradually get better…. You can’t have so much believe in the era Mohamed and his horses as the standard in 2023… Let them learn for UAE

1 Like

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Lungdick: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nigeria is next 😂😂😂
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Gadafii: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
So Nepa get younger brother for Pakistan😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Mindlog: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2023
They should japa to countries like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc.
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by 2el(m): 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
The world is in chaos, even those developed countries will soon feel the heat...
Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by RepoMan007: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pakistan is another Nigeria. In fact it is the closest thing to Nigeria. Population. Development. Attitude. Corruption. Economy. Migration pattern. Remittance level.
If countries were to be classified by similarities, Pakistan will be our twin country.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by Swiftgrp: 1:45am On Dec 16, 2023
Catapault:

Re: JAPA Syndrome - Pakistan Runs Out Of PAPER To Print Passports, As Citizens Flee! by WombBreaker: 1:59pm On Jan 17
Lungdick:
Nigeria is next 😂😂😂

Yo

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Saudi Arabia / An Aussie Coming To Nigeria: Give Me Some Ideas / Please I Need Information About Cost Of Living In Saudi Arabia(ksa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.