Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

I Saw My Life-time Play Out Like This; so I Am Never Getting Married! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Saw My Life-time Play Out Like This; so I Am Never Getting Married! (580 Views)

Help! I Saw My Pastor In A Dating App On / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids / I Saw My Best Friend's Wife... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Saw My Life-time Play Out Like This; so I Am Never Getting Married! by NeverGrowOld: 6:52am On Nov 11, 2023
Your exposure in life tells so much more about your personality than words can put together

There was this short story someone suggested for me from a book club online

Since I read the book

I can say with my full chest I am finally giving up on love, and my quest for self actualization and fulfillment can only be a lonely road.

Before I go into details

The title of the book is the alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

It's short read and about 150 pages of text but the fictional tale it expresses is so powerful and has made me accept some Orthodox values that I have been breeding

In short the story talks about how far passion can lead someone to different quests in life

Now in order to relate you need to understand the meaning of title.
alchemistry is the science of making gold, without refining the actual gold scarce resource.

As lofty as it seems it actually a thing and a person who studies alchemistry is called an alchemist

This should give you an idea to the futile journey the books protagonist was about to face

I saw myself in this character because even though impossible my life ambition to escape poverty is a journey that must be endeavored alone

Truly there is beauty in the struggle and ugliness in success...

I rather die trying to get rich, than to share a Destination with someone who was never there when it wasn't soft
I can resonate with the books theme of purpose, and destiny. But it plays down the concept of marriage or soul mates

Like someone said love is something people construct to keep them from jumping out of their windows

It's no wonder many people of purpose in history had no cordial intimacy yet found success

Should I give examples?

3 Likes

Re: I Saw My Life-time Play Out Like This; so I Am Never Getting Married! by Redips(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2023
Yes, give example and how can I get the book if possible
Re: I Saw My Life-time Play Out Like This; so I Am Never Getting Married! by HeatSeeker(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2023
Redips:
Yes, give example and how can I get the book if possible

There's a free copy online. I have read the book and I attest that it contains some truth, only that you will not acknowledge it until you have had some experiences.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Tomboy To Date.. / How Much Can I Get This Phone? / Davido Crying Profusely And Begging His Wife For Reportedly Cheating On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.