Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? (3665 Views)

Why Do Married People Don't Find Pleasure In Sex. / Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by nzoptunechi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Snooker 🎱
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
You just got me even more confused.

What are you exactly saying
DonroxyII:
See Finish of Course, Security too & Casting .... grin

I Understand You Jhoor ... wink
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by zexy2030(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
Landing high-paying freelance Gigs
Pls show me way o bros
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by zexy2030(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Getting freelance gigs and learning new skills.
Hiw far show mw way

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by whitejs: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
pansophist:
Reading.

If you don't find pleasure in books, then you actually don't know what true pleasure is. Smoking, drinking, and sexing are pleasures of the body, but not of the soul.

If you havent paused while reading a book, to think deeply about a particular line, then relate it to lots of experiences before, then get super confused, drop the book, enter Google, and begin to read commentaries about that line, get confused further, then maybe in a week time, it now clicked, you just understand everything.

If the above havent happened to you, you havent started feeding your soul. The more you read, you more silent you become, hence people confuse nerd with boredom.

What is the best book you've read?
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by pansophist(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
whitejs:

What is the best book you've read?

The Bible. Hence, it is one of the oldest books on earth, and most sold.

Try reading Genesis to Revelation. Read with intent, to understand, especially from an etymological angle. For example take Mathew 5.5, which says that the meek shall inherit the earth.

The word ''meek'' is widely misunderstood to mean gentle. In the English dictionary, it means gentle, submissive, and quiet. But the true meaning of the word meek has been lost in translation.

If you go back to the root (etymology) of that word, it was translated from Greek which roughly means that ''he who has his sword sharpen, can use them, but keep it sheathed, will inherit the earth''.

Meek simply means restraint, controlled strength, a soldier, one who has a monopoly of violence but uses it only for good deeds.

A gentleman cannot inherit the earth because a gentleman will always be at the mercy of a man who is not gentle and doesn't give a damn about being evil.

Real-life example - A sheep is gentle, but that sheep will always be at the mercy of a lion's jaw. But a tiger is generally avoided by a lion. Another example.

During the Iraq war, George Bush warned President Saddam Hussein and his son to vacate Iraq in 48 hours. Imagine warning a president of a country to leave his country. To where?

But that's why the meek in English translation can't inherit the earth. He was later hanged by the American court, and all this happened to him because he was weak. He has no means to fight or defeat America.

Now take odogwu Putin or even Kim Jung of N. Korea. Those ones have nuclear weapons. They have the means to turn the US to ashes. Biden warned Putin not to invade Ukraine, but Putin ignored him and invaded.

They are constantly testing it and warning America that they will bomb the US to ashes, and America cant tell them to leave their country like they did with Iraq.

SO thats another example. So you see, that is just one example of how to understand the bible. It is filled with lots of stories that if you understand it wholistically, it may easily become your favorite book.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by alakara(m): 5:47am On Nov 15, 2023
pansophist:

Try reading Genesis to Revelation. Read with intent, to understand, especially from an etymological angle. For example take Mathew 5.5, which says that the meek shall inherit the earth.

The word ''meek'' is widely misunderstood to mean gentle. In the English dictionary, it means gentle, submissive, and quiet. But the true meaning of the word meek has been lost in translation.

If you go back to the root (etymology) of that word, it was translated from Greek which roughly means that ''he who has his sword sharpen, can use them, but keep it sheathed, will inherit the earth''.

Meek simply means restraint, controlled strength, a soldier, one who has a monopoly of violence but uses it only for good deeds.

A gentleman cannot inherit the earth because a gentleman will always be at the mercy of a man who is not gentle and doesn't give a damn about being evil.

Real-life example - A sheep is gentle, but that sheep will always be at the mercy of a lion's jaw. But a tiger is generally avoided by a lion. Another example.

During the Iraq war, George Bush warned President Saddam Hussein and his son to vacate Iraq in 48 hours. Imagine warning a president of a country to leave his country. To where?

But that's why the meek in English translation can't inherit the earth. He was later hanged by the American court, and all this happened to him because he was weak. He has no means to fight or defeat America.

Now take odogwu Putin or even Kim Jung of N. Korea. Those ones have nuclear weapons. They have the means to turn the US to ashes. Biden warned Putin not to invade Ukraine, but Putin ignored him and invaded.

They are constantly testing it and warning America that they will bomb the US to ashes, and America cant tell them to leave their country like they did with Iraq.

SO thats another example. So you see, that is just one example of how to understand the bible. It is filled with lots of stories that if you understand it wholistically, it may easily become your favorite book.
Pastor ride on.
I love this. This etymology concept relating to Bible, how can I come about it.
Cheers.
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by kiddkash(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2023
Achieving success
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by whitejs: 12:13am On Nov 16, 2023
pansophist:

Great!

Thanks for the explanation.

Well, I get your point, but I think America should be the meek one here (restraint, controlled strength)
Russia to me, if given the chance would destroy the world without control - I think they are the opposite of meek (restraint, controlled strength).
I think the US has that controlled strength /
A monopoly of violence but uses it only for good deeds.
The US ended the Second World War.
They act as checks to certain nations and evil acts.

What do you think?

Yeah so,
After the Bible, what is the next best book you've read?
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by whitejs: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2023
obinna58:
Reading on the internet
YouTube
Fpl group and competition
Movies and series
Taking care of my birds and experimenting and formulating my poultry feeds(poultry adventure)
Playing and watching football
Driving on a mission
Facebook and nairaland
Gym and mornings run
Chats with interesting people
Footballing analysis and team checks for hardcore Betting
Masturbation Semen Retention
Online Gaming

Nice
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by Regex: 1:07am On Nov 16, 2023
whitejs:

Great!

Thanks for the explanation.

Well, I get your point, but I think America should be the meek one here (restraint, controlled strength)
Russia to me, if given the chance would destroy the world without control - I think they are the opposite of meek (restraint, controlled strength).
I think the US has that controlled strength /
A monopoly of violence but uses it only for good deeds.
The US ended the Second World War.
They act as checks to certain nations and evil acts.

What do you think?

Yeah so,
After the Bible, what is the next best book you've read?

US a country that has its base everywhere doesn't show meekness. They didn't end ww2. Russia did.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 16, 2023
Listening to my favorite audio book.
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by holicupp(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
Cooking
Video games
Reading
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by wumi2017(f): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
When customer said ,send ur account number πŸ₯°
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by whitejs: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
Regex:

US a country that has its base everywhere doesn't show meekness. They didn't end ww2. Russia did.

Okay. .

But I think Russia is the worst

Look at what they are doing to Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

I read how the US bombed Hiroshima bringing the war to an end.
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by Regex: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
whitejs:

Okay. .

But I think Russia is the worst

Look at what they are doing to Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

I read how the US bombed Hiroshima bringing the war to an end.

Russia is actually showing mercy. There are very low civilian casualty in Ukraine compared to Israel and Gaza.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by Newbielearner(m): 12:35am On Dec 17, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
Landing high-paying freelance Gigs

Boss, connect mrr please. I do digital marketing, brand management and website design.
Re: Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? by placeofallure(f): 2:30am On Dec 17, 2023
I love watching movies

I love football. I follow my team, Arsenal, keenly.

I love music, gospel music, I enjoy staying long hours at the rehearsals in the church or when hubby and I do more rehearsals at home, he on his guitar or moments when he mounts his keyboard and we do music till late into the night.

I love gisting with hubby too. We never run out of things to discuss.

I love shopping too. Market time is happy time for me. There was a time I used to go to this Idumota, Balogun market everyday, just like to buy things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I break up because she is still a minor? / What Does "A Forbidden Fruit Creates Many Jams"? / Why are men cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.