Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,430 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Do I Handle This Heartlessness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This Heartlessness (1772 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
Good evening house.

I need to take a bold step on this, I already feel cheated, Please read and advise accordingly.

So I got a job at Allen ikeja, my late father house is at yaba where I stay, but due to shame of unemployment I had to take a bold step and leave home started living in a church at berger and continued my job hunting.

After I got a job, I moved back to our house at yaba. But it has really been a hell of living due to high cost of transportation daily.

I have a junior brother who is an airforce personnel, serves at Pwd ikeja. I told him my plight I would need to move him with him due to transportation cost which he grudgingly agreed to because his girlfriend stays with him.

Few days after I moved to his place, I can say it was even more hell than previous experience due to maltreatment from my lil bro and his babe. I mean before I go to work, I wash the plates everyone uses, I sweep and fetch water, like I basically do all house chores. I have my reasons why u do them because I know d kinda person this my lil bro is.

The days I forget to do the chores or I postponed it my bro is gonna challenge me when I get back from work why I didn't do the chores.

After two weeks, I had to leave his house and went back to our late dad's house to sleep, but I still left some of my clothes and belongings at his place. So yesterday after I closed from work and I got home, i met my lil bro at our house with mom.

We had some arguments, that led to exchanging blows btw us which my mom wasn't strong enough to separate but our tenants later came to separate us. He started insulting me and reminding me how I start in his house and my belongings are still there. He said if I didn't go to his house to take away my things that he was going to throw them out when he gets home.

But my mom asked me not to answer, that he was just saying those words due to the heat of the moment.

He later left and went to his house, only for his girlfriend to call me this morning that my lil bro had throw my bags out and burnt them. I can't even believe this till now.

That's my only property, I don't have any other clothes and he knows I only manage those clothes, including my shoes I wear to work.

I'm thinking of reporting him to air police(provost) , but I'm scared they might cover for him and lock me in guard room because he already dared me to try it.

Though my mom has been begging me to overlook it, but how can I? despite all this suffering. He still has d guts to treat me this way. I have nothing else to wear except this I'm wearing right now

Pls I need ur candid advise how I can deal with him though I know it won't bring back my stuffs but I don't just want to suffer in vain
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lalasticlala, nlfpmod, seun, Dominique. Please help me move to frontpage
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by madridguy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
If everything you said here about your brother is true then something is terribly wrong with your family arrangement.
If your blood brother can be this wicked to you, treating you like his slave and going to the extent of burning your belongings, then your mother has a lot to while she is still alive.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't suggest you report the matter to the air police ( provost ) because such a brother can set you up and harm you. Just let the matter slide and I pray you get your balance soon.

I wish i could get the link to a thread that graced the FP back then when a guy was trying to the attention of both the Lagos State Government and the Nigeria Airforce to come and take an homeless ex-airforce man before he died in their street to avoid Nigeria Police palava.

I passed that area that same day just to confirm the story and I was able to talk to the old mama who owns the shop the ex-service man use to sleep in front of her shop at night when the woman has closed and what she said is that they have called all the man's family member but all of them are saying the same thing " They will tell them the man should call his wife that enjoys his money " because the man cut off every of his family member when he was in active service.

I pray your brother comes back to his senses soon.

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by immortalcrown(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
If what you said in this post is true, a DNA test is needed to confirm if he is your brother. No insult is intended.

But I advise you to bear the loss and mind your lane. He may later realize that no man is an island.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
immortalcrown:
If what you said in this post is true, a DNA test is needed to confirm if he is your brother. No insult is intended.

But I advise you to bear the loss and mind your lane. He may later realize that no man is an island.
it's true sir. I just need to punish him, I can't let this slide
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by ShenTeh(m): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
Danremmy:
Good evening house.

I need to take a bold step on this, I already feel cheated, Please read and advise accordingly.

So I got a job at Allen ikeja, my late father house is at yaba where I stay, but due to shame of unemployment I had to take a bold step and leave home started living in a church at berger and continued my job hunting.

After I got a job, I moved back to our house at yaba. But it has really been a hell of living due to high cost of transportation daily.

I have a junior brother who is an airforce personnel, serves at Pwd ikeja. I told him my plight I would need to move him with him due to transportation cost which he grudgingly agreed to because his girlfriend stays with him.

Few days after I moved to his place, I can say it was even more hell than previous experience due to maltreatment from my lil bro and his babe. I mean before I go to work, I wash the plates everyone uses, I sweep and fetch water, like I basically do all house chores. I have my reasons why u do them because I know d kinda person this my lil bro is.

The days I forget to do the chores or I postponed it my bro is gonna challenge me when I get back from work why I didn't do the chores.

After two weeks, I had to leave his house and went back to our late dad's house to sleep, but I still left some of my clothes and belongings at his place. So yesterday after I closed from work and I got home, i met my lil bro at our house with mom.

We had some arguments, that led to exchanging blows btw us which my mom wasn't strong enough to separate but our tenants later came to separate us. He started insulting me and reminding me how I start in his house and my belongings are still there. He said if I didn't go to his house to take away my things that he was going to throw them out when he gets home.

But my mom asked me not to answer, that he was just saying those words due to the heat of the moment.

He later left and went to his house, only for his girlfriend to call me this morning that my lil bro had throw my bags out and burnt them. I can't even believe this till now.

That's my only property, I don't have any other clothes and he knows I only manage those clothes, including my shoes I wear to work.

I'm thinking of reporting him to air police(provost) , but I'm scared they might cover for him and lock me in guard room because he already dared me to try it.

Though my mom has been begging me to overlook it, but how can I? despite all this suffering. He still has d guts to treat me this way. I have nothing else to wear except this I'm wearing right now

Pls I need ur candid advise how I can deal with him though I know it won't bring back my stuffs but I don't just want to suffer in vain

Sorry bro.

Bi iya nla ba gbeni sanle, awon iya kekeke a maa mu ni gesin.

So much advise running through my head. But I'll do my best to summarise.

Forgive your younger brother. Shock him by not doing anything. He is not your problem. He is a distraction. True if you report him, he is likely going to be in trouble and nothing would happen to you. But please show him seniority by moving on.

2. You are going through a process. This is your making. You will arrive. Don't give up.

3. There's a problem in your home, very thin line of love. Please never fight your siblings to the point of exchanging blows. Less so in the presence of your mother and to the entertainment of your tenants. Be the wiser one and walk away.

All the best.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by slickbak(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
Bro, I think any energy you have should be channeled towards yourself positively at this phase.

This is a distraction from your productivity. Be patient, things can develop positively and you will be judge, jury and executioner on family matters if it pleases you.

To be a man is not a day’s job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by StPete: 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
Save your anger for later. A time for payback will come and then you will graciously use it. Revenge is best served cold. When that time for revenge comes, give it to him in the most ruthless way.

For now, just bare the pains and gather whatever you can for now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by ghettochild(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2023
Let it go. God will raise helpers for you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Biglittlelois(f): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
The best revenge is success, when it comes, he will be the one to prostrate and ask for your forgiveness

For now, let it go, you will be fine.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Bodydiialect57: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
What your younger brother did was truly heartless, but your reaction to his act should be priceless. Forgive him and move on.

Focus on becoming a better and an enviable version of yourself, and with God on your side, you will one day look back and smile.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
ShenTeh:

Sorry bro.

Bi iya nla ba gbeni sanle, awon iya kekeke a maa mu ni gesin.

So much advise running through my head. But I'll do my best to summarise.

Forgive your younger brother. Shock him by not doing anything. He is not your problem. He is a distraction. True if you report him, he is likely going to be in trouble and nothing would happen to you. But please show him seniority by moving on.

2. You are going through a process. This is your making. You will arrive. Don't give up.

3. There's a problem in your home, very thin line of love. Please never fight your siblings to the point of exchanging blows. Less so in the presence of your mother and to the entertainment of your tenants. Be the wiser one and walk away.

All the best.

this your advise really got me. I'm taking it

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
Bodydiialect57:
What your younger brother did was truly heartless, but your reaction to his act should be priceless. Forgive him and move on.

Focus on becoming a better and an enviable version of yourself, and with God on your side, you will one day look back and smile.
amen amen, thanks so much
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by SINisSIN(m): 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
You can actually revenge by not doing anything. I know it hurts deeply but let it slides. Don't do anything, don't discuss the issue with anyone, let him be and allow his conscience to do the torment.

Keep working on yourself. You have to make it otherwise the next insult from your brother will be massive.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
Biglittlelois:
The best revenge is success, when it comes, he will be the one to prostrate and ask for your forgiveness

thank you, I will let it go

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
StPete:
Save your anger for later. A time for payback will come and then you will graciously use it. Revenge is best served cold. When that time for revenge comes, give it to him in the most ruthless way.

For now, just bare the pains and gather whatever you can for now
I can't wait for such a day fr
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
SINisSIN:
You can actually revenge by not doing anything. I know it hurts deeply but let it slides. Don't do anything, don't discuss the issue with anyone, let him be and allow his conscience to do the torment.

Keep working on yourself. You have to make it otherwise the next insult from your brother will be massive.
I understand you. Thank you so much for this
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
madridguy:
If everything you said here about your brother is true then something is terribly wrong with your family arrangement.
If your blood brother can be this wicked to you, treating you like his slave and going to the extent of burning your belongings, then your mother has a lot to while she is still alive.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't suggest you report the matter to the air police ( provost ) because such a brother can set you up and harm you. Just let the matter slide and I pray you get your balance soon.

I wish i could get the link to a thread that graced the FP back then when a guy was trying to the attention of both the Lagos State Government and the Nigeria Airforce to come and take an homeless ex-airforce man before he died in their street to avoid Nigeria Police palava.

I passed that area that same day just to confirm the story and I was able to talk to the old mama who owns the shop the ex-service man use to sleep in front of her shop at night when the woman has closed and what she said is that they have called all the man's family member but all of them are saying the same thing " They will tell them the man should call his wife that enjoys his money " because the man cut off every of his family member when he was in active service.

I pray your brother comes back to his senses soon.
hmmm.. This is real deep, thanks for this
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Mhizzard(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2023
Ask your mom who is your younger brother's father cus he is basterd.i would advise you to move on because he has power to do and undo so not to find yourself where you don't expect.what happen today will surely become story tomorrow
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by ShenTeh(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
Danremmy:

Thank you.

And just watch your life in 5 years time. You would be surprised that you were at this so low at a point in your life
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Stevenbright(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
Danremmy:

In addition to what he said, be more proactive in all you do. Since you know the importance of those clothes to you, you shouldn't have left them there.

Also, just know that your breakthrough is very close and from now on, be proactive, intentional and be ready to pay your dues because one must always endure one way or another to breakthrough. Also start developing the money saving habit as it is the only sure way to financial independence!

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Nlanalyst: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
Please what are the reasons behind you doing chores? You said something about knowing your brother. We need to be sure of something before passing judgements.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Benki003(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2023
In this life hustle ooh, I repeat hustle make u no go dey wash plate for ur junior grin
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by TheWinterBird(f): 12:16am On Nov 12, 2023
Did something else happen between the two of you or why does he treat you with this much hatred?
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Pacesetter2021: 1:30am On Nov 12, 2023
Please ignore.

Just forgive him please.

Sometimes we don't understand why we have issues with loved ones.

It's a manipulation from the kingdom of darkness against your family.

You have to forgive him so you can succeed. And so that you don't lead your mother to an early grave.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by eniolorunfe: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Your best revenge is to IGNORE him… E go pain am!
He won’t expect you to do that.

Listen to your mum and be the bigger person. Use this experience as a springboard to success. Channel that energy into becoming successful.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Foodqueen(f): 2:57am On Nov 12, 2023
Another person will create a post like this soon and he / she will cash out wella.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Artiiclebeast: 3:11am On Nov 12, 2023
Channel the energy and advice you are seeking to deal with him into improving upon and bettering yourself.

A very candid advice, brother.

You have bigger demons and enemies within you to deal with.

Face those, and watch your younger brother respect you without demanding it from him.

* I wish we could hear your younger brother's part of this story to help us able to make an informed and balanced judgement.

There is definitely so much more than you let out here.

We are all humans.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Brandiebird: 3:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Op, if all your threads are anything to go by you have issues with people, full stop 🛑. I saw another thread where you were having issues within business. Your interpersonal relationships are not the best so maybe you need to look within and figure out what you are doing wrong. You seem to be the common denominator of all things, that means you need to reflect and figure out what you are doing or what you are giving.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Jewessgratitud3: 4:22am On Nov 12, 2023
Chai! People wicked o. Hmmm...

If you can, I'll advise you let it go because if you try to do anything in this state of anger, it might end up deadly. So try to cool off and move on. God will fight for you . I know it's not going to be easy but you have to so you don't regret later.

The mistake you made was going to stay with him. Don't go there again.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Nextt: 4:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Biglittlelois:

I'm with you on this.

Op, be the better person and forgive your brother while you move on as if nothing ever happened. Don't escalate matters beyond the status quo. Life is not a bed of roses.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Free2Fly: 4:43am On Nov 12, 2023
Brandiebird:
Op, if all your threads are anything to go by you have issues with people, full stop 🛑. I saw another thread where you were having issues within business. Your interpersonal relationships are not the best so maybe you need to look within and figure out what you are doing wrong. You seem to be the common denominator of all things, that means you need to reflect and figure out what you are doing or what you are giving.

So, if people have issues with their businesses in a badly run, 3rd world country like Nigeria, it's because of their character??

And all the businesses that have collapsed in Nigeria did so because of the owner's supposedly poor IP relationships?

Nawa oo for some of you guys!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Marry Him? Advise Me! / Why Do People Frown At Married Women Keeping Male Friends? / Identifying A Womans Age By Taking Her To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.