Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

How Do I Handle This Heartlessness - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This Heartlessness (1774 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Jewessgratitud3: 4:45am On Nov 12, 2023
Brandiebird:
Op, if all your threads are anything to go by you have issues with people, full stop 🛑. I saw another thread where you were having issues within business. Your interpersonal relationships are not the best so maybe you need to look within and figure out what you are doing wrong. You seem to be the common denominator of all things, that means you need to reflect and figure out what you are doing or what you are giving.

You people will just jump on someones Post and be forming one yeye motivational speaker with someones predicament. Because life has always been fair to you, you don't know what it means to experience life or have life throw things at you.

You blame him for his predicament like he has control over the things life is dealing him. No one has control over trials, not even you. That you haven't experienced trials is not because you have control over them or have good interpersonal relationship. You're just lucky! But don't count on it yet cos life can happen at any stage of ones life. Don't ever blame anyone for what they are passing through in life.

What op is passing through is no fault of his. We have seen the rudest and most uncultured people still making it with ease in life. So it is not a matter interpersonal relationship or attitude. When life wants to happen, it just happens irrespective of who you are. We only need prayers and God to navigate through it safely.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Brandiebird: 5:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You people will just jump on someones Post and be forming one yeye motivational speaker with someones predicament. Because life has always been fair to you, you don't know what it means to experience life or have life throw things at you.

You blame him for his predicament like he has control over the things life is dealing him. No one has control over trials, not even you. That you haven't experienced trials is not because you have control over them or have good interpersonal relationship. You're just lucky! But don't count on it yet cos life can happen at any stage of ones life. Don't ever blame anyone for what they are passing through in life.

What op is passing through is no fault of his. We have seen the rudest and most uncultured people still making it with ease in life. So it is not a matter interpersonal relationship or attitude. When life wants to happen, it just happens irrespective of who you are. We only need prayers and God to navigate through it safely.

Lol! It really pain you! I understand why too 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Brandiebird: 5:54am On Nov 12, 2023
Free2Fly:

So, if people have issues with their businesses in a badly run, 3rd world country like Nigeria, it's because of their character??

And all the businesses that have collapsed in Nigeria did so because of the owner's supposedly poor IP relationships?

Nawa oo for some of you guys!

You can read what you like into what I said but I just noticed that op is struggling with his relationships with people in general, and I just thought I’d point that out to him so he can look into that. If you find yourself a victim of life it’s better to look within yourself and try to figure out what you’re doing wrong. You can’t change the world but you can change yourself and how you interact with the world.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Free2Fly: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2023
Brandiebird:

You can read what you like into what I said but I just noticed that op is struggling with his relationships with people in general, and I just thought I’d point that out to him so he can look into that. If you find yourself a victim of life it’s better to look within yourself and try to figure out what you’re doing wrong. You can’t change the world but you can change yourself and how you interact with the world.

Be fair in your judgement and sincere to yourself, this guy.

His previous stories have nothing to do with his relationships with people

Those stories about him running out cash, his Uber car constantly having issues, his child getting sick when there's no money at hand, him struggling to get to an interview venue only for it to be postponed, etc, etc, mirror what almost every Nigerian youth face in the country.

I don't see how those relate to his IP relationship.

Would your wonderful IPR stop your car from developing frequent faults on Nigerian roads?

We need to be careful about how we hastily judge people and pass judgments.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2023
Nlanalyst:
Please what are the reasons behind you doing chores? You said something about knowing your brother. We need to be sure of something before passing judgements.
yes I know him, he looks for silly excuses to send people away from his house, he has done same to our mom before
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2023
TheWinterBird:
Did something else happen between the two of you or why does he treat you with this much hatred?
nothing is happening. We are very much in good terms on a normal day, but I guess he treats me dat way because he's more well to do and he's a military guy
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 7:42am On Nov 12, 2023
Artiiclebeast:
Channel the energy and advice you are seeking to deal with him into improving upon and bettering yourself.

A very candid advice, brother.

You have bigger demons and enemies within you to deal with.

Face those, and watch your younger brother respect you without demanding it from him.

* I wish we could hear your younger brother's part of this story to help us able to make an informed and balanced judgement.

There is definitely so much more than you let out here.

We are all humans.
u are very right sir, there's so much more than whatever I wrote here. He's d type of person u won't want to deal with, I'm not his only victim. He has done worse to our mom and a couple of friends. He doesn't have friends again because of pride and rudeness

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2023
Brandiebird:
Op, if all your threads are anything to go by you have issues with people, full stop 🛑. I saw another thread where you were having issues within business. Your interpersonal relationships are not the best so maybe you need to look within and figure out what you are doing wrong. You seem to be the common denominator of all things, that means you need to reflect and figure out what you are doing or what you are giving.
sir, I'm the simplest human being u would ever meet. People who know me very well complain that my simplicity is the problem I have. So people take advantage of it
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Chai! People wicked o. Hmmm...

If you can, I'll advise you let it go because if you try to do anything in this state of anger, it might end up deadly. So try to cool off and move on. God will fight for you . I know it's not going to be easy but you have to so you don't regret later.

The mistake you made was going to stay with him. Don't go there again.
I understand u sir, and never will I go there again. I already rejected him as a sibling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by bummyla(m): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2023
Are a Christian? Have you tried reporting somebody to GOD Almighty to judge!? You should try that! I have reported a few people in my life to GOD and I left HIM to handle them! When you hear how GOD punished your enemy (ies) you will be glad you left HIM to fight your battles for you.

Report him and your situation to GOD

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Jewessgratitud3: 8:22am On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
I understand u sir, and never will I go there again. I already rejected him as a sibling

Don't reject him. Just forgive and let go. You'll see God come through for you and he will come and bow at your feet.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Nlanalyst: 8:24am On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
yes I know him, he looks for silly excuses to send people away from his house, he has done same to our mom before
Your mom, bro??

Your family needs an absolute revamp. Nothing seems right.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Nlanalyst:

Your mom, bro??

Your family needs an absolute revamp. Nothing seems right.
bro it's honestly not a family thing, my lil bro is just proud and doesn't care what happens. He intimidates everyone probably because he's a military person. That's why I had to go in blows with him, I had to do that so he can know his stand.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by WantsandMore: 8:51am On Nov 12, 2023
This is why I love the Bible, every suffering you suffer now has a place in the bible where someone suffered worse & came out strong ,take the story of Joseph for context, he was almost killed & sold off by his own brothers. Forgive Bro, it's not going to be easy but it's going to be right, talk to your mom if she can help you secure anything to replace what he has burnt but most importantly you've to move on. I foresee a future where your younger Bro comes around trying to be buddy's with you. Sometimes life is a complex & complicated thing Aje. Just dey your day for now
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Fredchisom(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2023
Op is he a private,nda or dssc?
Ordinary galfrnd,na this werey asked op and his mother out of his one room cubicle. Some people are destined to be poor.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by OSDD(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2023
If he's non-commissioned. Report him to this Ogas, even if he's commissioned, report him. Cut him out of your life and don't ever have anything to do with him again.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by SavageMaster: 9:58am On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
Good evening house.

I need to take a bold step on this, I already feel cheated, Please read and advise accordingly.

So I got a job at Allen ikeja, my late father house is at yaba where I stay, but due to shame of unemployment I had to take a bold step and leave home started living in a church at berger and continued my job hunting.

After I got a job, I moved back to our house at yaba. But it has really been a hell of living due to high cost of transportation daily.

I have a junior brother who is an airforce personnel, serves at Pwd ikeja. I told him my plight I would need to move him with him due to transportation cost which he grudgingly agreed to because his girlfriend stays with him.

Few days after I moved to his place, I can say it was even more hell than previous experience due to maltreatment from my lil bro and his babe. I mean before I go to work, I wash the plates everyone uses, I sweep and fetch water, like I basically do all house chores. I have my reasons why u do them because I know d kinda person this my lil bro is.

The days I forget to do the chores or I postponed it my bro is gonna challenge me when I get back from work why I didn't do the chores.

After two weeks, I had to leave his house and went back to our late dad's house to sleep, but I still left some of my clothes and belongings at his place. So yesterday after I closed from work and I got home, i met my lil bro at our house with mom.

We had some arguments, that led to exchanging blows btw us which my mom wasn't strong enough to separate but our tenants later came to separate us. He started insulting me and reminding me how I start in his house and my belongings are still there. He said if I didn't go to his house to take away my things that he was going to throw them out when he gets home.

But my mom asked me not to answer, that he was just saying those words due to the heat of the moment.

He later left and went to his house, only for his girlfriend to call me this morning that my lil bro had throw my bags out and burnt them. I can't even believe this till now.

That's my only property, I don't have any other clothes and he knows I only manage those clothes, including my shoes I wear to work.

I'm thinking of reporting him to air police(provost) , but I'm scared they might cover for him and lock me in guard room because he already dared me to try it.

Though my mom has been begging me to overlook it, but how can I? despite all this suffering. He still has d guts to treat me this way. I have nothing else to wear except this I'm wearing right now

Pls I need ur candid advise how I can deal with him though I know it won't bring back my stuffs but I don't just want to suffer in vain

You are going through a phase.

Like someone already advised, don't focus on the distraction.

You are at your lowest ebb in life. You need to seek God's face and also work on improving yourself, including learning some skills and also networking with the right people.

If you continue fighting with your brother, he will one day ask you if it's his fault that you're struggling.

Leave him alone and move on. Pray for him and your Mum too.

One day, when things turn around for you, he will be the one running to you for forgiveness
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by frozen70(f): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
Good evening house.

I need to take a bold step on this, I already feel cheated, Please read and advise accordingly.

So I got a job at Allen ikeja, my late father house is at yaba where I stay, but due to shame of unemployment I had to take a bold step and leave home started living in a church at berger and continued my job hunting.

After I got a job, I moved back to our house at yaba. But it has really been a hell of living due to high cost of transportation daily.

I have a junior brother who is an airforce personnel, serves at Pwd ikeja. I told him my plight I would need to move him with him due to transportation cost which he grudgingly agreed to because his girlfriend stays with him.

Few days after I moved to his place, I can say it was even more hell than previous experience due to maltreatment from my lil bro and his babe. I mean before I go to work, I wash the plates everyone uses, I sweep and fetch water, like I basically do all house chores. I have my reasons why u do them because I know d kinda person this my lil bro is.

The days I forget to do the chores or I postponed it my bro is gonna challenge me when I get back from work why I didn't do the chores.

After two weeks, I had to leave his house and went back to our late dad's house to sleep, but I still left some of my clothes and belongings at his place. So yesterday after I closed from work and I got home, i met my lil bro at our house with mom.

We had some arguments, that led to exchanging blows btw us which my mom wasn't strong enough to separate but our tenants later came to separate us. He started insulting me and reminding me how I start in his house and my belongings are still there. He said if I didn't go to his house to take away my things that he was going to throw them out when he gets home.

But my mom asked me not to answer, that he was just saying those words due to the heat of the moment.

He later left and went to his house, only for his girlfriend to call me this morning that my lil bro had throw my bags out and burnt them. I can't even believe this till now.

That's my only property, I don't have any other clothes and he knows I only manage those clothes, including my shoes I wear to work.

I'm thinking of reporting him to air police(provost) , but I'm scared they might cover for him and lock me in guard room because he already dared me to try it.

Though my mom has been begging me to overlook it, but how can I? despite all this suffering. He still has d guts to treat me this way. I have nothing else to wear except this I'm wearing right now

Pls I need ur candid advise how I can deal with him though I know it won't bring back my stuffs but I don't just want to suffer in vain

Just move on with your life

Gradually you will pick up

He may be questioned for keeping you that long in his house and may face panel for that

He may come back to you and do the worst

You know him very well that him no send anyone

Let him deal with the guilts of burning your only personal effects in his house
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2023
I am angry reading this post because I have 1 younger brother and dem no born am well to do this even if na military him be.i go break him back under 2 mins.how did it get to the extent that you sold all your birthright to your younger brother.even though e get money pass you no mean say disrespect go follow.maybe you too dey follow am laugh right from small.u be quack senior brother. There is nothing you can do.the see finish don already cement.just move on simple.if not ,he can set you on fire grin
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Virgo3: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2023
[url][/url]
Danremmy:
Good evening house.

bro, you bleeped up! You accepted to do dishes for ur younger bro and his gf you even moved in with them when no be say den chase you fron yaba!!! I'm happy ur clothes got burnt you needed to learn! Just add small trek to ur waka! I used to trek from yaba to Maryland to cut cost while I worked at Ikeja.im not saying you should do same just plan ur life better and never you take such insult in ur life
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by TheWinterBird(f): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
nothing is happening. We are very much in good terms on a normal day, but I guess he treats me dat way because he's more well to do and he's a military guy
You're on good terms on a normal day and then he decided to burn your clothes? Who does that to their own sibling? You know more than I do, though. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
Fredchisom:
Op is he a private,nda or dssc?
Ordinary galfrnd,na this werey asked op and his mother out of his one room cubicle. Some people are destined to be poor.
he's a non commissioned officer. His rank is lance corporal
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
OSDD:
If he's non-commissioned. Report him to this Ogas, even if he's commissioned, report him. Cut him out of your life and don't ever have anything to do with him again.
I feel like reporting me. But I'm scared to do it because they might want to cover for him and put all blames on my head. He knows alot of ogas who will cover for him
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
SavageMaster:

You are going through a phase.

Like someone already advised, don't focus on the distraction.

You are at your lowest ebb in life. You need to seek God's face and also work on improving yourself, including learning some skills and also networking with the right people.

If you continue fighting with your brother, he will one day ask you if it's his fault that you're struggling.

Leave him alone and move on. Pray for him and your Mum too.

One day, when things turn around for you, he will be the one running to you for forgiveness

OK sir, thank u very much

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
frozen70:

Just move on with your life

Gradually you will pick up

He may be questioned for keeping you that long in his house and may face panel for that

He may come back to you and do the worst

You know him very well that him no send anyone

Let him deal with the guilts of burning your only personal effects in his house
OK ma. Thanks for d advise
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Danremmy: 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I am angry reading this post because I have 1 younger brother and dem no born am well to do this even if na military him be.i go break him back under 2 mins.how did it get to the extent that you sold all your birthright to your younger brother.even though e get money pass you no mean say disrespect go follow.maybe you too dey follow am laugh right from small.u be quack senior brother. There is nothing you can do.the see finish don already cement.just move on simple.if not ,he can set you on fire grin
bro that's why I had to change it for him yesterday, but I was suprised he could go far as to destroy my properties in his house
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Karlifate: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
StPete:
Save your anger for later. A time for payback will come and then you will graciously use it. Revenge is best served cold. When that time for revenge comes, give it to him in the most ruthless way.

For now, just bare the pains and gather whatever you can for now

And what if the younger bro is exacting his revenge on what the OP has done to him in time past. 🤷
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Karlifate: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
If what you said in this post is true, a DNA test is needed to confirm if he is your brother. No insult is intended.

But I advise you to bear the loss and mind your lane. He may later realize that no man is an island.

This is not a DNA issue.

The younger bro resent the OP & he's simply dishing out his revenge.

It might be the case of parents loving OP more than the younger bro, when they were much younger.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by StPete: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2023
Karlifate:

And what if the younger bro is exacting his revenge on what the OP has done to him in time past. 🤷

To the point of burning his clothes? Time will tell
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by Karlifate: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
StPete:

To the point of burning his clothes? Time will tell

That's what resentment can cause.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by world123: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2023
Let go and work harder.
Re: How Do I Handle This Heartlessness by LordReed(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
Danremmy:
Good evening house.

Sorry for your plight. I urge you to let it go, you are not in a good position to extract a satisfactory outcome from your brother at this time.

Meanwhile, I don't know your size but if you don't mind I can send you some clothes and shoes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? / Please I Need Urgent Help From Medical Doctors Of Experinced Married Couples / Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.