Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. (162 Views)

Unscriptural Church Songs We Ignorantly Sing. / 3 Common Heresies In Christianity / Why Do Moslems Always Use The Phrase "Peace Be Upon Him "To Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by malvisguy212: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2023
Some of us use these phrases as an excuse to remain where we are and not pursue spiritual maturity.

1. I don't need church : what this actually mean is "I don't need to take the Bible serious.

2. I am a good person: what it's actually mean is "I don't know what sin is "

3. I am not religious, I am spiritual : no, you are not spiritual, you want a god that is okay with your sin.
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by Odin13: 8:00am On Nov 12, 2023
This is...

grin
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by Henry22(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2023
But going to church doesn't mean one is godly, good or even spiritual... infact we have some of the worse kind of people in Nigerian churches of today, at some point your spirit gets polluted due to the kind of so called churches we have in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by malvisguy212: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2023
Henry22:
But going to church doesn't mean one is godly, good or even spiritual... infact we have some of the worse kind of people in Nigerian churches of today, at some point your spirit gets polluted due to the kind of so called churches we have in Nigeria.
Do you know what it's mean to be with the body's of Christ ? believe me, if half of the Christians decide to abandon church and follow God personal. what will happen to Christianity ?

When you start getting into re-definitions and re-statements of the Truth, you’re no longer in the Truth, you’re an image of the Truth.
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by Henry22(m): 8:26am On Nov 12, 2023
malvisguy212:
Do you know what it's mean to be with the body's of Christ ? believe me, if half of the Christians decide to abandon church and follow God personal. what will happen to Christianity ?

When you start getting into re-definitions and re-statements of the Truth, you’re no longer in the Truth, you’re an image of the Truth.

If it's about going to church for the preservation of Christianity as a religion then I perfectly understand your point but if your are saying going to church equals holiness then I disagree with you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by malvisguy212: 8:52am On Nov 12, 2023
Henry22:

If it's about going to church for the preservation of Christianity as a religion then I perfectly understand your point but if your are saying going to church equals holiness then I disagree with you.
you and I know. going to church doesn't equal holiness

1 Like

Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2023
OAM4J
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:55am On Nov 12, 2023
Henry22:
You said exactly what I have been saying for long,bro.
The most despicable and wicked people are often found in churches, while many of angels in human form are found outside it.

1 Like

Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:00am On Nov 12, 2023
Going to church doesn't necessarily mean one is holy and righteous.The church is filled today with bisexuals, gays, chronic fornicators, witches wizards, occult members, mermaid spirit agents,liars, backbiters, greedy people, thieves and what have you.
You find them being church leaders, working in various departments of the church, organising church programmes and all that.
Oftentimes the most despicable and wicked people are found in churches while ironically the purest souls and angels in human form are found outside them.
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by immortalcrown(m): 9:00am On Nov 12, 2023
Henry22:
Laziness is a sin. If you are a Christian at home when you should be in the Church and you are not occupied with any essential duty that moment and you are not down with sickness that moment, you are ungodly. Do not decieve yourself. The presence of bad people in the church does not make it right for you to stay away from the Church. There are bad people in your family or kinsmen but you have not disowned your family. You go to school or send your children to school despite the presence of bad or unintelligent people in every school. You have not abandoned your shop or office because there are bad people in the organisation or the marketplace. But you want to abandon the Church because there are bad people in the Church.
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by immortalcrown(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Going to church doesn't necessarily mean one is holy and righteous.The church is filled today with bisexuals, gays, chronic fornicators, witches wizards, occult members, mermaid spirit agents,liars, backbiters, greedy people, thieves and what have you.
You find them being church leaders, working in various departments of the church, organising church programmes and all that.
Oftentimes the most despicable and wicked people are found in churches while ironically the purest souls and angels in human form are found outside them.
Laziness is a sin. If you are a Christian at home when you should be in the Church and you are not occupied with any essential duty that moment and you are not down with sickness that moment, you are ungodly. Do not decieve yourself. The presence of bad people in the church does not make it right for you to stay away from the Church. There are bad people in your family or kinsmen but you have not disowned your family. You go to school or send your children to school despite the presence of bad or unintelligent people in every school. You have not abandoned your shop or office because there are bad people in the organisation or the marketplace. But you want to abandon the Church because there are bad people in the Church.
Re: 3 Common Phrase That Some Christian Ignorantly Says. by AbuTwins: 9:35am On Nov 12, 2023
1. Jesus didn't go to church!

2. Jesus said no one is good except God!

3. Jesus didn't create any religion! He was a Jew who prays with his head on the ground!

(1) (Reply)

How Is A Woman Unmarried And She's Not A Virgin? / Why Does Man Work So Hard Yet Earns So Little? / "It Is Biblical To Be A Ritualist!"— Nigerian Female Pastor, Francisca Emmanuel,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.