Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* (446 Views)

Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK / Ekweremadu’s Daughter Needed A Kidney, He Brought In A 15-year-old Boy Illegally / Shehu Sani Kicks Against Radio Station, Death Sentence On Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Antoeni(m): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
This was a fifteen year old boy.... He was caught stealing bread from a store.
On trying to escape from the hold of the guard, a shelf of the store was also broken.

*The judge heard the crime and asked the boy, “Did you really steal something, a loaf of bread and cheese?”*

The boy responded by looking down.;- *“Yes.”*

*Judge:* - “Why?”

*Boy:* - “I needed it.”

*Judge:* - “Couldn't you have bought?”

*Boy:* - “There was no money.”

*Judge:* - “Take it from the family.”

*Boy:* - “There is only a mother in the house. Sick and unemployed.

*Judge:* - “You don't do anything?”

*Boy:* - “Used to wash a car. When I took a day off to take care of my mother, I was fired.”

*Judge:* - “Don’t you ask someone for help?”

*Boy:* - “Had left the house since morning, went to about fifty (50) people, but no help; so, I decided to take this step at the very end.”

*When the arguments ended, the judge began to pronounce the verdict;*

... “the theft and especially the stealing of Bread by a hungry boy is a very shameful crime and we are all responsible for this crime."

*Every person in the court, including me, is guilty and a perpetrator, so every person present here is fined ten dollars each. No one can get out of here without giving ten dollars.”*

Saying this, the judge took ten dollars out of his own pocket and then picked up the pen and started writing name accordingly:

*- ‘In addition, I fine the store a thousand dollars for handing over a hungry child to the Police.’*

*‘If the penalty is not deposited within 24 hours, the court will order to seal the store.’ also the Police is fined the same amount for charging a hungry boy to court.*

'By giving the full amount of fine to this boy, the court asks for forgiveness from that boy.'

After hearing the verdict, tears were pouring from the eyes of the people present in the court, that boy's handcuffs were also untied. The boy was watching the judge again and again, who came out hiding his tears.

*Are our society, systems and courts ready for such a decision?*

*if a hungry person is caught stealing bread, then the people of that country should be ashame.*

If this touches your heart:
chose someone to give succour... *People around you should not sleep without food’*

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
This boy wouldn’t be alive in Onitsha by now…

And the police would be close by watching as he is being burnt alive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by slivertongue: 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
the theft and especially the stealing of Bread by a hungry boy is a very shameful crime and we are all responsible for this crime."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by slivertongue: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2023
In addition, I fine the store a thousand dollars for handing over a hungry child to the Police.’*

*‘If the penalty is not deposited within 24 hours, the court will order to seal the store.’ also the Police is fined the same amount for charging a hungry boy to court.*
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by slivertongue: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2023
slivertongue:
In addition, I fine the store a thousand dollars for handing over a hungry child to the Police.’*

Nigerian judge ain't good with empathy

1 Like

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by christejames(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mokason288:

Kids aren't hungry in Onitsha...

Try South West especially Ibadan where both the elders and kids lay siege on trucks carrying foodstuffs

#ricebandits!

1 Like

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by BadMaster: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mokason288:

Normal normal, they would have roasted him alive in the South East.

4 Likes

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Bobloco: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mokason288:

Just as someone posted earlier, kids aren't hungry in Onitsha

As for those burnt in Onitsha recently, they were caught collecting illegal tax. I know you all tolerate such illegality in your region reason why someone like Tinubu will hold an entire state and region to ransom collecting illegal taxes for over two decades and still be walking free answering a leader.

If he was collecting those illegal taxes in Onitsha, you and I know what could have befallen him by now

2 Likes

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by frbona: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
I’m sorry

I failed to see the morals of your story

This story will only increase the already soaring rate in theft and other crimes, since empathy can be used as an excuse

Or is it just me?!

Let every unemployed youth stoop to shop lifting in the hopes that a judge will deliver a rape of judgement like this and all hell will be let loose.

Let’s stop and think

1 Like

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
frbona:
I’m sorry

This story will only increase the already soaring rate in theft and other crimes, since empathy can be used as an excuse

Or is it just me?!

Let every unemployed youth stoop to shop lifting in the hopes that a judge will deliver a rape of judgement like this and all hell will be let loose.

Let’s stop and think
You are so dumb....heartless beast.
Go and read the story again. If you have eyes issue, use glasses.

1 Like

Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by ican2020: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
Do something different by putting people who are determined to make a difference in office and not criminals
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
frbona:
I’m sorry

Or is it just me?!

Let’s stop and think
I'm with you ooo there is no moral justification to free any guilty criminal

Ignorance to a crime is not an excuse

What is the probability that other kids won’t go around stealing because they know the judge is chicken hearted
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
Bobloco:

Just as someone posted earlier, kids aren't hungry in Onitsha

As for those burnt in Onitsha recently, they were caught collecting illegal tax. I know you all tolerate such illegality in your region reason why someone like Tinubu will hold an entire state and region to ransom collecting illegal taxes for over two decades and still be walking free answering a leader.

If he was collecting those illegal taxes in Onitsha, you and I know what could have befallen him by now

I pity you…

Every thing must be about tribe to you fooooool

I’m Delta Igbo but I don’t go about insulting other peoples tribe to make a foooooolish point
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Bobloco: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mokason288:

I pity you…

Every thing must be about tribe to you fooooool

I’m Delta Igbo but I don’t go about insulting other peoples tribe to make a foooooolish point

What is Delta Igbo

Mention your tribe and be proud of it for once in your entire life
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
Bobloco:

What is Delta Igbo

Smell off

You tribalistic bigot
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Bobloco: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mokason288:

Smell off

You tribalistic bigot
It's quite unfortunate that an individual like you cannot be proud of your tribe

I ask again, what is Delta Igbo
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

What is Delta Igbo

You dumb kid

My name is Uche …. What tribe bears such name?
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Mokason288(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:

What is Delta Igbo

Gooooogle is still your friend

You dull kid
Re: Judge's Sentence On A 15 Year Old Boy...* by Bobloco: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mokason288:

Gooooogle is still your friend

You dull kid

Imagine!

Are you just realizing that this should have been your initial response

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Obidient Mostly The One Insulting Iwobi / President Tinubu Is The Smartest President Alive / Why I Charged Obidients 300k For Twitter Space - Obidient FS Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.