Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) (29495 Views)

Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificate Over Unemployment. / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by osigiepurr(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
Stop deceiving yourself and misleading gullible people. You burnt colored copies with cheap lamination to chase clouts. Shame on you!

If education is expensive, go and try illiteracy.

That was how some nuisance publicly displayed their inadequacies by claiming to burn their expired Nigerian Passport to mislead weak minds.

Few months later, such nuisance were busy bribing and paying huge amount of money to secretly renew their passports inorder to JAPA to Indonesia, Malaysia and all the countries attached to...."asia"... Clout chasers will surely burn in HELL.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by ofwest47(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Of what use is the certificate of the glorified secondary schools called Universities in Nigeria. Bsc. Business enterprises, political administration, men and women affairs administration, with no Bsc. Engineering , Medical studies and health sciences, Science and technologies.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by nkemjacob2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
After all Ur president do not have a Certificate so what is the need

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Princewill1:
The modern education system is a scam in every part of the world not just Nigeria. It's a tool of control and enslavement adopted from old Prussia.

One day I will do a thread on it.

Rubbish conspiracy theory.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
kunle75:

Check one of Israel Adesanya the formal UCF middleweight champion when he said same thing.
In America at the moment some states has started adopting some policies of not necessarily having formal education to work in some government agencies.
Last last school na scam.

Clown, if school na scam, you would not have had the ability to write this jargon you wrote here.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
Peterpanny:
for example political science and public administration with even mass communication,
We have a whole lot of useless course in Nigeria.

This is crap.
Which course or degree has a job in Nigeria?
Do you know how many engineers,Accountants,Economist e.t.c that are unemployed?
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kaiser20:
The guy is impatient, Tinubu pleads with Nigerians to give him more than 17 years to fix and develop Nigeria, eight years is not enough

He needs more than 17years, may be 100years.

grin grin grin
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Peterpanny: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
blueAgent:

This is crap.
Which course or degree has a job in Nigeria?
Do you know how many engineers,Accountants,Economist e.t.c that are unemployed?
ok sir.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by kunle75(m): 2:24am On Nov 14, 2023
blueAgent:

Clown, if school na scam, you would not have had the ability to write this jargon you wrote here.

Ogbeni respect yourself, if school no be scam,how come you still they there balablu and certificateless cow seller have been ruling you till ages .
Olodo.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by onojaford(m): 4:32am On Nov 14, 2023
flexydote:
I can relate to this but then I wouldn't burn them because at least I laboured for the cert.

Meanwhile, it is disheartening to see M.Sc. holders and even Ph.d holders doing menial jobs.

I see Nigeria educational system as a virtuous circle - you finish B.Sc., you are told to do your Masters if you must at least rank up for job opportunities and you go ahead to get your M.Sc. after that still no job then you look for a secondary school to teach just to hold body while getting 60k salary for teaching like 3 Subjects.

Some people will then go and marry while some will go and pursue their P.hd just to be aiming to teach at the University level to earn 180k

That is if you know someone who knows someone in the university.

Only few persons get Jobs by GRACE.

then those M.sc holders will teach kids that will now gain admission into the university to now meet the other people who went for their P.hd as their lecturers. The kids then graduate, they are happy as they signout only to continue the virtuous circle again.

I am on the opinion of allowing our children to gain a handwork or after secondary school before even thinking of Tertiary Institution.
"Vicious circle" you meant to say.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by omojeesu(m): 5:15am On Nov 14, 2023
The hope of certificate is a salaried job!
When there's No job, certificate is almost useless!

1) It takes an average of 20 years to get a university degree!

2) During the time almost no hands-on skill is acquired!

3) Parents spend millions during those 20 years on a child & more if they have more than one child.

4) All done to get a certificate to get a job to start collecting salary!

5) The most unfortunate is that not a single day of those 20 years is devoted to learning how to create wealth!

6) Parents don't know! Teachers don't know! Religious leaders too don't know!

7) He should come and learn how to start making money and creating wealth. You don't need a certificate for that!
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by omojeesu(m): 5:21am On Nov 14, 2023
flexydote:
I can relate to this but then I wouldn't burn them because at least I laboured for the cert.

Meanwhile, it is disheartening to see M.Sc. holders and even Ph.d holders doing menial jobs.

I see Nigeria educational system as a virtuous circle - you finish B.Sc., you are told to do your Masters if you must at least rank up for job opportunities and you go ahead to get your M.Sc. after that still no job then you look for a secondary school to teach just to hold body while getting 60k salary for teaching like 3 Subjects.

Some people will then go and marry while some will go and pursue their P.hd just to be aiming to teach at the University level to earn 180k

That is if you know someone who knows someone in the university.

Only few persons get Jobs by GRACE.

then those M.sc holders will teach kids that will now gain admission into the university to now meet the other people who went for their P.hd as their lecturers. The kids then graduate, they are happy as they signout only to continue the virtuous circle again.

I am on the opinion of allowing our children to gain a handwork or after secondary school before even thinking of Tertiary Institution.

3) Parents spend millions during those 20 years on a child & more if they have more than one child.

5) The most unfortunate is that not a single day of those 20 years is devoted to learning how to create wealth!

7) He should come and learn how to start making money and creating wealth. You don't need a certificate for that!
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by omojeesu(m): 5:22am On Nov 14, 2023
envoymedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jggRLEWwh3s

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Snapdrag0n: 5:42am On Nov 14, 2023
Check well he has finally discovered work putting food on his table before burning those documents.

Handwork is good and school is not a scam. I've friends who just went to school to get the certificate so people (family) didn't say he didn't went to school. But he has a block factory, employ boys and he makes millions every month. He drives Toyota Spyder and those machines in his work place including trucks are dam expensive.

When I was in Nigeria I use to leave school once I have financial challenges and meet him, he always help.

Until I travel out my eyes open that if I was still in Nigeria, I'll reach 40yrs nothing to talk about. From their motivation, I launch my app in Google playstore and apple store...and I'm able to finance my medical school.

There's nothing sweet than having discovered what gives you, wife , children and families food daily. You can even go and curse your Lecturers for wasting your time in school. I feel his pains. But same time please anyone who has not discovered his own shouldn't try this. What works for A may not work for B.

I'm a software developer and a medic.
You need a fintech/banking app or website, news blog, school website. Type on Google UCONNECT ICT and contact me.
Or send email; info@uconnectict.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 5:59am On Nov 14, 2023
kunle75:

Ogbeni respect yourself, if school no be scam,how come you still they there balablu and certificateless cow seller have been ruling you till ages .
Olodo.

That's becos we as nigerians and Africa at large are not honest ppl.

Tell me how you would be living,without the benefits of education, or you don't know that without Education you cannot have the basic and modern technology you have now?

Without Education , we would have been worse off, if it was left for our Leaders, they would have deliberately denied us western Education, so they can easily manipulate us, just as they do in the North thanks to the colonist who made Education readliy available to me and you.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by kunle75(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2023
blueAgent:

That's becos we as nigerians and Africa at large are not honest ppl.

Tell me how you would be living,without the benefits of education, or you don't know that without Education you cannot have the basic and modern technology you have now?

Without Education , we would have been worse off, if it was left for our Leaders, they would have deliberately denied us western Education, so they can easily manipulate us, just as they do in the North thanks to the colonist who made Education readliy available to me and you.

Four wall of school hasn't proven to be the baseline for prosperity bro.
Entrepreneurship skills are inherent rather and goes beyond the education you're talking about. I will tell you for a fact that the education you're referring to not necessarily restricted in the building called school. In other words if I can self/home school why the four walls?
4 years in those building na scam, period.
My take is simple education isn't a requisite for prosperity, I know of people here where I live who doesn't acquire much education and are doing exceptionally well for themselves in their chosen skills and areas of endeavors. We can argue this till eternity I still maintain my stand.
Knowledge is power yes and acquired through education yes but not restricted to four walls,I know for sure.
This education as a discussion is relative and can be seen from different perspectives by different people just take it.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2023
kunle75:

Four wall of school hasn't proven to be the baseline for prosperity bro.
Entrepreneurship skills are inherent rather and goes beyond the education you're talking about. I will tell you for a fact that the education you're referring to not necessarily restricted in the building called school. In other words if I can self/home school why the four walls?
4 years in those building na scam, period.
My take is simple education isn't a requisite for prosperity, I know of people here where I live who doesn't acquire much education and are doing exceptionally well for themselves in their chosen skills and areas of endeavors. We can argue this till eternity I still maintain my stand.
Knowledge is power yes and acquired through education yes but not restricted to four walls,I know for sure.
This education as a discussion is relative and can be seen from different perspectives by different people just take it.

No one is saying education is the ultimate, or bedrock to wealth, but you saying education is a scam is totally wrong.
How do you produce doctors,nurses, engineers ,accountants e.t.c that saves lives,build bridges,hospitals e.t.c if education that provides the skills and knowledge is a scam?

Skills are good but they are limited, no amount of skill would create this modern world we are in, without education.
Mind you, Skill is also a form of Education.

If a Mason likes mix 5000bags of cement without a civil engineer to design, calculate and supervise the construction of a building or bridge the work of the Mason is useless.

Am an advocate of having both Education and skills, i have both.
but you telling me that education is scam, shows you lack much experience of how the world operates.
Mind you there are thousands and millions with skills that are unemployed,mason, carpenters, mechanics, pipeline welders, fitters, riggers,Safety professionals, scaffolders, e.t.c.

Having skill does not mean ,you would become employed or rich.

A bad economy is a bad economy, it does no one good, weather educated or not.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by LZAA: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2023
blueAgent:

No one is saying education is the ultimate, or bedrock to wealth, but you saying education is a scam is totally wrong.
How do you produce doctors,nurses, engineers ,accountants e.t.c that saves lives,build bridges,hospitals e.t.c if education that provides the skills and knowledge is a scam?

Skills are good but they are limited, no amount of skill would create this modern world we are without education.

If a Mason likes mix 5000bags of cement without a civil engineer to design, calculate and supervise the construction of a building or bridge the work of the Mason is useless.

but you telling me that education is scam, shows you lack much experience of how the world operates.
Mind you there are thousands and millions with skills that are unemployed,mason, carpenters, mechanics, pipeline welders, fitters, riggers,Safety professionals, scaffolders, e.t.c.

As in I'm tired of explaining to them
It's the stupid get rich quick syndrome that has infested the land that is causing it
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by kunle75(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
blueAgent:

Skills are good but they are limited, no amount of skill would create this modern world we are without education.

You have alot of points but education is a scam sir.
I don't know but I will ask you how much education was available in early 1400 to 1900 ?
That people could still do what they do and are still as successful as they've been?
And with all this you have written, how come someone with such depth of knowledge like you aren't ruling Nigeria but rather the opposite?

I rest my case.

Bros you go school you ooo you no go school ooo,Las Las everything na scam .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
kunle75:

You have alot of points but education is a scam sir.
I don't know but I will ask you how much education was available in early 1400 to 1900 ?
That people could still do what they do and are still as successful as they've been?
And with all this you have written, how come someone with such depth of knowledge like you aren't ruling Nigeria but rather the opposite?

I rest my case.

Bros you go school you ooo you no go school ooo,Las Las everything na scam .

You cannot compare, our present achievements to those of 1400 and 1900.
Weather in terms of technology, advance in medicines, computer, building, energy, the growth and advancement is higher now, thanks to education.

No were is it written,or enforced that education automatically qualifies you to become the president or governor of a country or place.

Is good, you pointed out Nigeria as an example of were education seems not to be working , but it is not only education or the educated that is suffering in nigeria,even those with good skills are suffering unemployment and hardship.

The best in life is to have both education and skills.
Were your skills cannot take you, education would.
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by blueAgent(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
LZAA:

As in I'm tired of explaining to them
It's the stupid get rich quick syndrome that has infested the land that is causing it
Smh

True.

I love entrepreneurship, An am one, but without education, and having skills alone would limit the growth of my business, but having both would give me an edge.

Education is good, likewise skills.

Education is never a scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by flexydote(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
Love800:
Good morning sir.
I want to ask a question.
How can one be a lecturer?
Asin what are the procedures for me to apply?
I want to become one.

Get a minimum of M.Sc.

Then apply any time you see an opening.
Check newspapers also
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Love800(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hw will i knw if there is an opening?

Or can i just go and summit my c.v there?

And where do i summit the c.v?
flexydote:

Get a minimum of M.Sc.

Then apply any time you see an opening.
Check newspapers also
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by TradingGod: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Princewill1:
The modern education system is a scam in every part of the world not just Nigeria. It's a tool of control and enslavement adopted from old Prussia.

One day I will do a thread on it.
please mention me on that thread thank you

Knowledge over certificate anyday and anytime
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by TradingGod: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Herkim(m): 6:39am On Nov 15, 2023
CallmeTrinity:
Check well he must be a LASU graduate. afterall they buy their Degrees, masters and MBA in LASU. so not surprised

You are not making sense here
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by SanctifiedSista(f): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2023
Why use workigeria as your CV revamp??
- Legit
-Fast
- Super affordable--
https://money-easilyscm.buzz/87579977841411 this will lead u to make moni
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Obierika(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2023
Splashme:
There is deep anger growing in the land. EndSARS may be a child's play when it finally starts.

Unfortunately, our president is spending billions on foreign exotic cars, yatch and renovation of official residences

Anyone who is stupid enough to start the endSARS nonsense again in Lagos will be put down by the police like a rabid dog!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nestlé CWAR Graduate Trainee Programme 2022 / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / Development Bank Of Nigeria Management Trainee Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.