Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! (2563 Views)

My Fiancee Stopped Talking To Me Because She Needed A ₦‎3 Million Wedding / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) / Gay Couple Adopt A 3-Year-Old Girl (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by LoveUdie: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Some singles ask me, "Ma, what is the least apartment we can live in as a newly married couple?"

A room apartment.

Preferably, a room self contained where you have your own toilet and kitchen.

Newly married couples should start small and grow big. Living in a room gives you the opportunity to grow and adapt together. Living in multiple room apartment gives opportunity to grow in malice, pride and the refusal to adapt to each other.

For instance, if husband is offended, there is a tendency to enter one of the rooms, lock the door and punish his wife with silence, bitterness, refusal to have sex till she "comes to her senses" and beg!

There is a tendency for wifey to do same. But when it is only one room with no where to run to, you will have to apologise, forgive and learn to adapt to each other.

When you know you are sharing same bed and her body keeps disturbing your peace of mind, you will apologise fast and face the night's business with multiple"Thank you" on top!

Visitors too won't prolong their stay when they know there is no where to sleep.

A room and parlour self contained also does same wonder! You have no where to run to! You can't lock your spouse out of the room or out of the sitting room!

When you have learnt to adapt to each other and your family begins to grow, you can then graduate to 2 bedroom flat, 3 bedroom flat, a duplex or more.

This is not a rule though. Don't build your life on it. You can live in as many rooms as you choose as long as you are mature, understand each other and won't use it to create separation or problems in your marriage.

I hope this post is clear enough to......https://www.gistreal.ng/?m=1

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Gbadugbakun(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
What kind of poverty mentality thinking is this. angry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by guiltless(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
LoveUdie:

Some singles ask me, "Ma, what is the least apartment we can live in as a newly married couple?"

A room apartment.

Preferably, a room self contained where you have your own toilet and kitchen.

Newly married couples should start small and grow big. Living in a room gives you the opportunity to grow and adapt together. Living in multiple room apartment gives opportunity to grow in malice, pride and the refusal to adapt to each other.

For instance, if husband is offended, there is a tendency to enter one of the rooms, lock the door and punish his wife with silence, bitterness, refusal to have sex till she "comes to her senses" and beg!

There is a tendency for wifey to do same. But when it is only one room with no where to run to, you will have to apologise, forgive and learn to adapt to each other.

When you know you are sharing same bed and her body keeps disturbing your peace of mind, you will apologise fast and face the night's business with multiple"Thank you" on top!

Visitors too won't prolong their stay when they know there is no where to sleep.

A room and parlour self contained also does same wonder! You have no where to run to! You can't lock your spouse out of the room or out of the sitting room!

When you have learnt to adapt to each other and your family begins to grow, you can then graduate to 2 bedroom flat, 3 bedroom flat, a duplex or more.

This is not a rule though. Don't build your life on it. You can live in as many rooms as you choose as long as you are mature, understand each other and won't use it to create separation or problems in your marriage.

I hope this post is clear enough to......https://www.gistreal.ng/?m=1

This is amazing.
Well said OP 👍

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Achor1111(m): 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gbadugbakun:
I taya.
Poverty has a way to ridicule someone's idiosyncrasy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

The way some of u behave in this forum is very pathetic. There's a big tendency the op is 100 times richer than u but u get mind call am poverty mentality because of her opinion. Most of u here shud learn humility abeg.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

The way some of u behave in this forum is very pathetic. There's a big tendency the op is 100 times richer than u but u get mind call am poverty mentality because of her opinion. Most of u here shud learn humility abeg.

What has humility got to do with a crass display of poverty mentality? If Op is 100 times rich why should she encourage couples to live in a self con? That guy you quoted is right, not everyone will start small, there are people everywhere that can afford to live in a duplex, to each his own, so yes Op reeks of terrible poverty stricken mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by laivwire(m): 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
I disagree. The husband can stay stuck in the sitting room and refuse to enter the room during a quarell. Besides, the couple will be planning to have extra buddies in 9 months hopefully: baby, mother-in-law etc. Should they be changing homes every year?

My aunt (and her husband) for example moved into a 3 bedroom right from the wedding and stayed there for 12 years before moving to their personal building: Master bedroom, Guest room and third room for storing wedding gifts. As the kids came, they changed room function to baby's room and so on. Besides, 3 bedroom apartments tend to have more living space compared to crampy self-contains.

For me though, I kept moving every year from a one-bedroom, to a 2 bedroom and then a 3 bedroom.

Stressful.

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Gbadugbakun(m): 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

You're a brainless goat. Don't ever quote me on your life to display your stupidity. Useless simp.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Sandralight(f): 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

This just made me laugh, like what sort of advice is this 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Britishcoins(m): 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Toor we that is single and already built 3 bedroom.. Should I relocate to a room self contain?

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by DKM123: 6:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Nigerians and exalting/romancing poverty are like 5 and 6.

What happened to sitting down, talking and ironing out thier issues like two grown adults.

Plus who says it's not better to give a little space in order to calm frayed nerves. Shebi couple who live in face-me-i-slap-you room do not fight to stupor.

Nigerians will just wake up one morning after sniffing plenty taba and start preaching why poverty is the best thing since sliced bread....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:52am On Nov 14, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

What has humility got to do with a crass display of poverty mentality? If Op is 100 times rich why should she encourage couples to live in a self con? That guy you quoted is right, not everyone will start small, there are people everywhere that can afford to live in a duplex, to each his own, so yes Op reeks of terrible poverty stricken mentality.

It is her opinion and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. If u think u have a better advice u're free to post it for us to read, after all we're all here to learn. There r ways to counter pple's opinion without outrightly insulting them nd that's what most of us shud learn here.
Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

You're a brainless goat. Don't ever quote me on your life to display your stupidity. Useless simp.

I don't pretend 2b a warrior online whereas a coward in reality. That's what pple that are quick to use the word "simp" are. Have a nice day 2day.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:06am On Nov 14, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

Remind me in your country what percentage of people can get hold of a 3 bedroom apartment comfortably without recourse to loans? According to NBS what percentage of people in the country has a balance of over a million in their account?

If you know the answers to these questions you will understand that the write isn't about poverty mentality but about how to ensure couples have better intimacy and bonding.

Majority of people in the country are living in the poverty line and a large chunk living above isn't far from the poverty line, you don't use poor financial judgement to help bring yourself down to the poverty line.

Everything isn't about criticism, always look at the big picture. Life isn't all about you but about others too, what others experience doesn't necessarily mean you experience that too.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by virginchaser(m): 11:18am On Nov 14, 2023
Britishcoins:
Toor we that is single and already built 3 bedroom.. Should I relocate to a room self contain?

Then what are you still waiting for? Just like my former landlord, it took panel of judges to select a wife for him from his group of acquaintances.
Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Nice2023(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2023
When u have the money and still indulge in this kind of lifestyle.

It means poverty has destroyed ur brain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

It is her opinion and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. If u think u have a better advice u're free to post it for us to read, after all we're all here to learn. There r ways to counter pple's opinion without outrightly insulting them nd that's what most of us shud learn here.

Nope it is not her opinion, she listed all that as a necessity for newly wedded couples with very mediocre points that reeks of poverty mentality, and no stating the obvious is not an insult, it is pointing out facts as it is, why you have taken it upon yourself to defend the Op beats me, you can't control what and how people counter an opinion that's why it is the Internet, either the Op take it good faith, reply as she see fit, or move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
Live anywhere you like,even if you cannot afford it.Na your business,na your expenses.As far as you no go beg me for rent when e expire grin
Re: Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! by Possessedkid: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Self con is okay but self cons built by nigerian land lords are archaic and dilapidated

No reasonable plan

Just chunk out nonsense

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Was Cheating With Me And We Got A Baby Together / codedly making a move! / I Think My Girlfriend Is A Bisexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.