Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,939 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action (15261 Views)

Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / Nwulu Converts Mansion To Tennis Court, Urges Nigerians To Comply With Lockdown / INEC Budgets N1.9bn To Defend Buhari, Others’ Mandate In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by killsmith(f): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2023
NLC don set trap for FG.
FG refuse to obey court order. If they attack the NLC for refusing to comply with court order, e fit lead to riot. And Nigerians are very angry.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Kaiser20: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Nigerians to pay for the assault on Mazi Joe Nwachukwu Ajaero in Imo State.

The strategy isn't new.

Shouldn't be a surprise, isn't the whole of South Eastern Nigeria subjected to killings and kidnappings as collective punishment for Nigeria keeping Nnamdi Kanu in detention?

- Kayode Ogudamisi.
You Hypocrites, the NLC strike is not of personal or tribal interest.
Some of you just want everyone to accept all the Hunger and suffering clueless Tinubu is dishing out.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by breezeng: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2023
FG want to silent all organ of opposition. That's not good for democracy especially at this trying that everyone is suffering. Don't join them to castigate Labour union in you own intrest. Nigerian politicians are wicked and unreliable.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Teenaira: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2023
mactoni91:
A whole National Labour Union President was openly assaulted and everyone acted like nothing happened.

Now, the Man has grounded everywhere and y'all are Foaming from the mouth.

Before the Strike, i remember they asked the FG to investigate and bring all those who assaulted him to Justice yet nothing was done.

For those saying the strike should happen in Imo State alone, y'all are just being Naive.

That Assault had the FG written over it.

The NLC President forgot his position and his responsibilities as he decided to drag the NLC into the political terrain through Labour Party ( Obi’s disciples ) . So, what should first be investigated is why NLC was dragged into politics in imo state. So if the NLC chairman went to do politics in his state, what concerns Nigeria as a country with that. A lot of nonsense is just happening in this country. There is also a court injunction stopping labour from going on strike. Yet Mr NLC chairman, Ajaero is bigger than the court and has gone ahead to declare a strike. We are on impunity mode, let everybody continue to do anything they like until government decides to use the big stick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by mactoni91(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2023
ethan0:
My honest question, if I as a citizen is mishandled my political thugs or the police, would Nlc go on strike for me?

Do you hold that Office?

If yes, the NLC would ground the Nation for you.

Using Isreal and Hamas' conflict, imagine the Isreali President was amongst those kidnapped. All hell would be let loose on Palestinians not just Hamas.

This is because of the office he holds.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by mactoni91(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

The NLC President forgot his position and his responsibilities as he decided to drag the NLC into the political terrain through Labour Party ( Obi’s disciples ) . So, what should first be investigated is why NLC was dragged into politics in imo state. So if the NLC chairman went to do politics in his state, what concerns Nigeria as a country with that. A lot of nonsense is just happening in this country. There is also a court injunction stopping labour from going on strike. Yet Mr NLC chairman, Ajaero is bigger than the court and has gone ahead to declare a strike. We are on impunity mode, let everybody continue to do anything they like until government decides to use the big stick.

The same Court injuction that ordered Emefiele and Nnamdi Kanu be released and the FG has flouted?

Y'all shouldn't because of politics justify lawlessness.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Thomthom(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn!

The strike will not hold waters!

NLC lack balls. Those pussy ass niggars are there to cash out for their self interest
Them don beat am he don collect wotoporiously him go no say politicians no be your friend
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by fergie001: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2023
Angelfrost:

I have always sensed that most of our universities are churning out idiots as graduates, but forums like Nairaland made me realize how terribly I understated this fact.

What a shame!!!
It is what it is.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Judolisco(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn!

NLC lack balls. Those pussy ass niggars are there to cash out for their self interest
I wish ASUU can replace NLC.... Iswr dis country go change ASAP....
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by MEGAWATCH: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Nigerians to pay for the assault on Mazi Joe Nwachukwu Ajaero in Imo State.

The strategy isn't new.

Shouldn't be a suprise, isn't the whole of South Eastern Nigeria subjected to killings and kidnappings as collective punishment for Nigeria keeping Nnamdi Kanu in detention?

- Kayode Ogudamisi.

Without ethnic statement what else can Kayode Ogudamisi do?
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Teenaira: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
killsmith:
NLC don set trap for FG.
FG refuse to obey court order. If they attack the NLC for refusing to comply with court order, e fit lead to riot. And Nigerians are very angry.

You are right, Obi and his friends are looking for any way or means of destabilising the country because they failed to win an election. A lot of mobilization is going on underground but my advise to those trying to destabilize the country is that they should sheath their sword because a fool can predict the beginning of a war but even the wise may have difficulties predicting the end.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Thomthom(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

All this long story to support FG.. wire me 50k on the day of strike, I go go work since we no won wise for Nigeria
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Ladoja19: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Dis fight is doing my body gbishagbisha
Me wey no get transport fee b4
I no even know wetin person wan chop dis morning
One fool
Who hasn't eaten too
Was now condemning this strike
GO0DHardDick:
Damn!

Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Sermwell(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2023
ethan0:
My honest question, if I as a citizen is mishandled my political thugs or the police, would Nlc go on strike for me?
Are you a member of NLC? Werey!
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Bluntemperor: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Notes To ASUU And Others:
That you want to join a Strike,is your right but your entire Organisation should not be carried away by the NLC ,who are being used as a Political party in disguise,due to their past activities,since the Present govt came into Power ,for the past 6- Months!
While we believed that if one Union Members suffered,all others have suffered,is not sufficient to do so,as the NLC President,played into the hands of politicians in Imo- his State and we must see that there is a difference between NLC as a Neutral -Organisation and the NLC ,as a Party Proxy Organisation!
Wisdom Should Prevail, because this Political decisions of today may affect the entire Organisation in future,if care is no taken!
NLC, should be fighting for better Remunerations, Salary and Allowances of Members- past and Present, including Retirees,who have been forgotten and for the Benefits of the Overall Members,not for selfish , political revenge reasons, pertaining to individuals and ego boosters!
Negotiation -Table,is opened and must be exhausted, before Strike is declared!
ASUU, should know the Peace Nigerian Educational Community have been enjoying in the Tertiary Institutions now,was due to their past efforts and should not be traded away for another troubles,which can easily be avoided and the Current Peace should be maintained for the sake of Our Children and Youths in these
Institutions,Higher Schools and Colleges!
The govt is just 6 Months,we should give them time to settle down and possibly agreed on the Modalities for a better Negotiation!
Peace is what we need in Nigeria right now!
It is well with Nigeria!
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Kaiser20: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2023
If some Yoruba boys on Nairaland like they should turn everything to Yoruba and Igbo matters as usual, it doesn't matter.
The fact is all Nigerians are suffering from Mr Olodo Tinubu's useless policies.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2023
mactoni91:
A whole National Labour Union President was openly assaulted and everyone acted like nothing happened.

Now, the Man has grounded everywhere and y'all are Foaming from the mouth.

Before the Strike, i remember they asked the FG to investigate and bring all those who assaulted him to Justice yet nothing was done.

For those saying the strike should happen in Imo State alone, y'all are just being Naive.

That Assault had the FG written over it.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Bluntemperor: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

GBAM!
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2023
teadrake:
Grounding every National sector activities just because the NLC President had a fracas with a state government. What a shame!!!

Point of direction: That assault, humiliation and embarrasment was directed at NLC and not Ajero as a person. It could have been you if you are the NLC President.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by fitinwell: 9:23am On Nov 14, 2023
fergie001:

NLC president you cannot be tossing Nigerians up and Down,.. small time you will say you call off strike after one false arrangement with FGN..

Stand your ground.. work things out .

Not this On and Off... Strike...

Or are you guys that confused ..

Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Indispensable85(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2023
If the NLC does not do something about the beating up of their president, then they have no reason being in place. The way Ajaero was brutalised is totally unacceptable. That precedence must never be allowed to stand.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by Maj196(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2023
ASUU no dey take eye see strike
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by able20(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2023
Indispensable85:
If the NLC does not do something about the beating up of their president, then they have no reason being in place. The way Ajaero was brutalised is unacceptable. That precedence must never be allowed to stand.
They all know what is wrong or right, they are just playing ethics and religious zombies
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by DrMPH: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

Another oppressed in love with the oppressors. You don't know you're destroying the foundation future generations would stand on, by being selectively moral. Please, remind me which government disobeyed a substantive Court order to release the immediate past CBN governor. See as you're foaming in the mouth. You want NLC to more more righteous than the supposed custodian of constitutional order. How will Nigeria make progress like this?
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by favor914: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

You are right, Obi and his friends are looking for any way or means of destabilising the country because they failed to win an election. A lot of mobilization is going on underground but my advise to those trying to destabilize the country is that they should sheath their sword because a fool can predict the beginning of a war but even the wise may have difficulties predicting the end.

God bless Nigeria.
One of the very few sensible statements on this thread by Teenaira, indeed honestly speaking majority Nigerian youths on Nairaland, & the general society are daft & clueless, the replies on this thread is proof of that, just read the reply of DrMPH above me.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by favor914: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2023
Indispensable85:
If the NLC does not do something about the beating up of their president, then they have no reason being in place. The way Ajaero was brutalised is totally unacceptable. That precedence must never be allowed to stand.
He Adjaero was not beaten well enough, did he spend up to 3 days in Intensive Care Unit (ICU)?
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by victory36(m): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2023
ethan0:
so you expect nlc to keep quiet after their leader was mishandled?
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by favor914: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2023
Teenaira:

You are correct again, one of the few sensible statements I have read on this thread.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by favor914: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2023
victory36:
so you expect nlc to keep quiet after their leader was mishandled?
Your personal bad belle, will lead to your destruction, keep playing the Hypocrite, Jobless Peasant.

Next time he Adjaero should be beaten up to a pulp, that na emergency ward ICU admission for no less than 2 weeks.

After all his shenanigans, didn’t Hope Uzodinma still win the election in a landslide?
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by victory36(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2023
favor914:
Your personal bad belle, will lead to your destruction, keep playing the Hypocrite, Jobless Peasant.

Next time he Adjaero should be beaten up to a pulse, that na emergency ward ICU admission for no less than 2 weeks.
I'm not surprised, Nigerians love being oppressed.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by favor914: 10:18am On Nov 14, 2023
victory36:
I'm not surprised, Nigerians love being oppressed.
Sure Hypocrites, Yet Hope Uzodinma still won the Imo state Governorship election, NLC forever on the losing side, https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/22/2023-nlc-endorses-peter-obi-for-president/

Just a matter of time, Tinubu will shred them to pieces, 2 can play that game.
Re: ASUU, COEASU, others mandate Members to comply wiith Strike Action by victory36(m): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2023
favor914:
Sure Hypocrite, Hope Uzodinma still won the election, NLC forever on the losing side, just a matter of time, Tinubu will shred them to pieces, 2 can play that game.
you sound like a politician grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Dry Port: Nigeria Losing 100,000TEUs Cargo To Benin Annually / El-Rufai: Lagos Has Been Fortunate To Have Visionary Governors / Dike-Di-Ora-Nma-1 Of Ebonyi: Tinubu Gets Chieftaincy Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.