Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care (5165 Views)

Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease / World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by nautybride: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2023
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by warlord24(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Am type 2 diabetic.

Guy it's not easy..

And m just 33
A Facebook ads expert thanks to God.
Internet biz expert.. if not e for baddd for me.

Drugs expensive
You cnt eat everyting..

Suicide? Tink of it every week!

Sometimes u just wanna talk to someone!!!

If you are not having it.. you won't understand how painful it is..

Sha we keep moving😣😞

How am still bouncing sef.. I dnt know.. cus am tired!

Me and suicidal thoughts be like 5 n 6.

2 Likes

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by smartr: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2023
warlord24:
Am type 2 diabetic.

Guy it's not easy..

And m just 33

Drugs expensive
You cnt eat everyting..

Damn bro. Sorry to hear. At what age were you diagnosed. How was your lifestyle when you were younger?
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2023
Rutherford2019:
I got diagnosed in early September this year
Unfortunately for me,it's almost too late

Hello sir,

I want to tell you it's never too late to overcome it. What you need is adequate information on how to go about it.

Please google more on Resistant Starch foods - both natural and converted.

Natural - unripe plantain, banana, beans

Converted - cooked and cooled rice.

Normally, starch is composed of simple sugars, which gets broken down in the body and absorbed into the bloodstream.

Resistant starch can't be digested because the molecules are tightly packed, making it difficult for the digestive enzymes to act on. So they move to the large intestine and become food (prebiotic) for the good bacteria there.

Please do extensive research on this. Resistant starch has categories.

Also, incorporate healthy fats, sugar-free fruits and vegetables and proteins in your diet.

If you have a Netflix account, search for this documentary "The Magic Pill" and watch it. It will expose your mind on how foods can reverse health problems.

Please don't give up! You just need to stop doing what you are used to doing and adopt new and better dietary regimen.

As we grow older, our bodies can't handle the foods we eat while we were younger. It's natural.

Our bodies do tell us but sometimes, we fail to read the signals.

At this stage, you'll eat for function and not taste.

You'll be fine sir.

Just don't give up!

Take charge of your health!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by warlord24(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2023
smartr:

Damn bro. Sorry to hear. At what age were you diagnosed. How was your lifestyle when you were younger?

One reason I just hate myself.. made stupid mistakes.. sugar always with no exercise.. sha I guess cus I lost my parent early at age 10.. so noo guidance.. just do what you tink is right.. now it's hell to my life..

Guy if I see motor jam me.. am serious I'd be happy. Make e no be say I commit suicide.
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Efilse: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2023
GET ANY BOOK OF ANY AUTHOR FOR HALF THE PRICE

SEND A MESSAGE ON WHATSAPP 08174686962
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by buJu234: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2023
from my personal experience,

diabetes is a lifestyle disease:-

just change to our local food ( especially unripe plantain amala plus okra soup; ofada rice etc), reduce your eating of fast food, do your regular blood test, and go for regular check-ups ( especially Hba1c, Kidney function test, Lipid profile).

please don't wait for complication because if complication enters, haaa, diabetes management becomes more difficult to manage oo..

the older generation was able to avoid complications due to zero fast food..
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2023
Dpharmacist:
World Diabetes Day provides an opportunity to raise awareness of diabetes as a global public health issue and what needs to be done, collectively and individually, for better prevention, diagnosis and management of the condition.

It highlight the shooting prevalence of diabetes and its impact and educate people about the preventive tips of diabetes.

Diabetes is a disorder in which the body fails to process and utilize the glucose which is produced from the food we consume.

There are mainly three types of diabetes mellitus - Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and Gestational diabetes. Glucose is the leading source of energy in the body.

Inefficient assimilation of glucose can hamper one's day-to-day activity, and unmanaged diabetes could lead to fatal complications like cardiovascular issues, nerve damage, kidney damage, foot damage, skin infections, erectile dysfunction, depression, dental problems and more.

1 in 10 adults worldwide have diabetes. Over 90% have type 2 diabetes. Close to half are not yet diagnosed.

In many cases, type 2 diabetes and its complications can be delayed or prevented by adopting and maintaining healthy habits. When not detected and treated early, diabetes can lead to serious and potentially life-threatening complications.

For people at risk of type 2 diabetes, knowing your risk and what to do is important to support prevention, early diagnosis and timely treatment.

For people living with diabetes, awareness and access to the correct information and best available medicines and tools to support self-care is vital to delay or prevent complications.

For healthcare professionals, access to sufficient training and resources is required to detect complications early and provide the best possible care.

The theme for World Diabetes Day Today is Access to Diabetes Care.

Millions of people with diabetes around the world do not have access to diabetes care.
People with diabetes require ongoing care and support to manage their condition and avoid complications.

We cannot wait any longer for:

1. Medicine, technologies, support and care to be made available to all people with diabetes that require them.

2. Governments to increase investment in diabetes care and prevention.

In 2023, the campaign will focus on the importance of knowing your risk of type 2 diabetes to help delay or prevent the condition and highlighting the impact of diabetes-related complications and the importance of having access to the right information and care to ensure timely treatment and management.

It's world diabetes day, let's increase the awareness.
Thanks for sharing this. Kudos to you.
Actually Gestational Diabetes (or Pregnancy Induced Diabetes) is a subset of Type 2 Diabetes. It doesn't stand on its own like some literature insinuate. Thank you
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2023
telim:
Slow killer. Diabetes is worse than HIV and very difficult to manage. Doctors will always say don't eat this don't eat that. What do you want them to eat?
These days we advocate moderation. Cut down on high calorie and high carb diets. The brain uses mostly glucose unlike other organs, so you gotta give it something to bite on(pun intended)
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 11:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Rutherford2019:
Like most Nigerians, we don't care about our health. You see a typical Nigerian boasting "I haven’t been to the hospital for 100 years. I've don't get sick". Those are the ones that drop dead from fatal complications of diabetes like DKA. And then their neighbors would go, "Chai. See dat man oh. Him no dey sick. Never see am for hospital before. Dem Village People don kee am". Also you see these people developing wounds in the foot and they'll be jumping from one shaman to the other, one pastor to the other, saying 'dem don march poison'. Meanwhile its plain old diabetic foot ulcer, which is a complication of the diabetes mellitus. And that wound would never heal til the blood sugar is controlled with drugs. By the time most of these people show up in the hospital, its too late. They end up with gangrene of the limbs with either ray amputation of the toe, below knee amputations or even worse fulminant sepsis which is their death knell. And this scenario cuts across the strata of the society. The poor, rich, literate, illiterate etc
Nigerians have a death wish

2 Likes

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Billmos: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Bro I no it not an easy sickness drop dat depression n think positive I'm diabetics at 39 just discovered this August but I'm taking all d prevention dwell more on bitter leave n using diet to maintain my sugar level I no at time u don't have money to maintain this new found lifestyle but once u test n d sugar shoot up u use glucophage n diaoni just to reduce it to normalcy n use diet to control it don't depends much on drugs cos those drugs can stress ur kidney also.so stop thinking sucidal just managed it well it can be reversed.mostly use herb too.i no most of ur cloth won't size u again cos ur body won't be like before but just abstain from sugary n alcohol n starchy food n seek for proteinous food n live ur life.

warlord24 post=126959228]Am type 2 diabetic.

Guy it's not easy..

And m just 33

Drugs expensive
You cnt eat everyting..

Sha we keep moving😣😞

Me and suicidal thoughts be like 5 n 6.[/quote]
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Artiiclebeast: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2023
warlord24:
Am type 2 diabetic.

Guy it's not easy..

And m just 33

Drugs expensive
You cnt eat everyting..

Sha we keep moving😣😞

Me and suicidal thoughts be like 5 n 6.

I'm also a type 2, and it's no fun at all.

I'm lucky though because I got health insurance cover.

I almost died from ketoacidosis.

Keep pushing man and practice lifestyle change.

I now wear a sensor (freestyle libre 2) which I use my phone to scan as a way to monitor my glucose level everytime. The sensor costs about $100 for 2 weeks but thanks to insurance I get it for $25 and medication for zero dollars.

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Vijuchoco(f): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Coincidentally my uncle died of diabetes in October 2014 😢

So sad! Also lost my favorite uncle 3weeks ago to diabetes cry
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by AngelicBeing: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
sad
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by online4business: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
The Dieases set me up for life I've made more money from this dieases than any of my books Darm you Amazon!!!

By now I should be doing like $10k in Q4. History hmmm.

Diabetes is easy to reverse

Cut out pasta rice potatoes bread and foods with excess carbs.

Most foods contain hidden sugar and sweeteners that spike blood sugar and affect gut bacteria.

If you're a diabetics you need to quit foods that contains

Sucralose
Splenda
Aspartame
High Fructose corn syrup
Maltodexin
Sodium nitride

Google the proposition list it's a list of chemical used in foods that increase diabetics complications, heart disease and cancer.

Heart dieases and diabetes are 5&6 them dey always Waka together.

Saturated and trans fats should be cut completely.

You must quit eating Pork meat red meat and processed meats.

The only sugar a diabetic can eat is stevia, monk fruits, allouse and inuin.

Erythritol na sugar alcohol it can affect gut bacteria.

Exercising daily and healthy lifestyle choices.

You must quit alcohol and smoking.

If you don't you're increasing your risk of

ischemic heart dieases
Vascular dimentia and Alzheimer's dieases.

Insulin and drugs are not going to do anything for you as a diabetic.

They will not help you reverse diabetes instead you just waste your money and die slowly.
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by smartr: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
warlord24:

One reason I just hate myself.. made stupid mistakes.. sugar always with no exercise.. sha I guess cus I lost my parent early at age 10.. so noo guidance.. just do what you tink is right.. now it's hell to my life..

Guy if I see motor jam me.. am serious I'd be happy. Make e no be say I commit suicide.

Your story is indeed a cautionary tale for me. Diabetes runs in my dad’s family and yet I’ve been taking lots of energy drinks over the years.
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by ysgs: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dpharmacist:
World Diabetes Day provides an opportunity to raise awareness of diabetes as a global public health issue and what needs to be done, collectively and individually, for better prevention, diagnosis and management of the condition.

It highlight the shooting prevalence of diabetes and its impact and educate people about the preventive tips of diabetes.

Diabetes is a disorder in which the body fails to process and utilize the glucose which is produced from the food we consume.

There are mainly three types of diabetes mellitus - Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and Gestational diabetes. Glucose is the leading source of energy in the body.

Inefficient assimilation of glucose can hamper one's day-to-day activity, and unmanaged diabetes could lead to fatal complications like cardiovascular issues, nerve damage, kidney damage, foot damage, skin infections, erectile dysfunction, depression, dental problems and more.

1 in 10 adults worldwide have diabetes. Over 90% have type 2 diabetes. Close to half are not yet diagnosed.

In many cases, type 2 diabetes and its complications can be delayed or prevented by adopting and maintaining healthy habits. When not detected and treated early, diabetes can lead to serious and potentially life-threatening complications.

For people at risk of type 2 diabetes, knowing your risk and what to do is important to support prevention, early diagnosis and timely treatment.

For people living with diabetes, awareness and access to the correct information and best available medicines and tools to support self-care is vital to delay or prevent complications.

For healthcare professionals, access to sufficient training and resources is required to detect complications early and provide the best possible care.

The theme for World Diabetes Day Today is Access to Diabetes Care.

Millions of people with diabetes around the world do not have access to diabetes care.
People with diabetes require ongoing care and support to manage their condition and avoid complications.

We cannot wait any longer for:

1. Medicine, technologies, support and care to be made available to all people with diabetes that require them.

2. Governments to increase investment in diabetes care and prevention.

In 2023, the campaign will focus on the importance of knowing your risk of type 2 diabetes to help delay or prevent the condition and highlighting the impact of diabetes-related complications and the importance of having access to the right information and care to ensure timely treatment and management.

It's world diabetes day, let's increase the awareness.
. This to anyone looking for diabetes cure. We provide accurate herbal cure on diabetes. We beat chest. Use it for one month and go for test. It's diabetes flusher.
Interested people may reach WhatsApp 07018251533
Calls 09078362447
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by smartr: 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
online4business:
The Dieases set me up for life I've made more money from this dieases than any of my books Darm you Amazon!!!

By now I should be doing like $10k in Q4. History hmmm.

Diabetes is easy to reverse

Cut out pasta rice potatoes bread and foods with excess carbs.

Most foods contain hidden sugar and sweeteners that spike blood sugar and affect gut bacteria.

If you're a diabetics you need to quit foods that contains

Sucralose
Splenda
Aspartame
High Fructose corn syrup
Maltodexin
Sodium nitride

Google the proposition list it's a list of chemical used in foods that increase diabetics complications, heart disease and cancer.

Heart dieases and diabetes are 5&6 them dey always Waka together.

Saturated and trans fats should be cut completely.

You must quit eating Pork meat red meat and processed meats.

The only sugar a diabetic can eat is stevia, monk fruits, allouse and inuin.

Erythritol na sugar alcohol it can affect gut bacteria.

Exercising daily and healthy lifestyle choices.

You must quit alcohol and smoking.

If you don't you're increasing your risk of

ischemic heart dieases
Vascular dimentia and Alzheimer's dieases.

Insulin and drugs are not going to do anything for you as a diabetic.

They will not help you reverse diabetes instead you just waste your money and die slowly.

Can I take only action bitters as alcohol
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Akposkiz: 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
What I the preventive major?"
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Dpharmacist: 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

Thanks for sharing this. Kudos to you.
Actually Gestational Diabetes (or Pregnancy Induced Diabetes) is a subset of Type 2 Diabetes. It doesn't stand on its own like some literature insinuate. Thank you

Nope. I don't agree with you, gestational cannot be a subset.
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by online4business: 4:09am On Nov 15, 2023
smartr:

Can I take only action bitters as alcohol

Alcohol is a neurotoxin it's just like asking can I drink poison?

Drinking alcohol increase your risk of hearts dieases and cancer.

10% of the population are wired to be alcoholic if they start drinking alcohol.

If you find anyone who would tell you that my life was a total wreck and I started drinking action bitters and everything was great.

Then continue drinking but odds are you will not rather you'll hear stories of how alcohol destroy many lives.

If you drink occasionally once in a while great but drinking everyday is a no no.

The reason most people take to alcohol is trying to fill a viod I've been there done that.

Find another thing you love that will fill the void you're using alcohol to fill.

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by buJu234: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

I'm also a type 2, and it's no fun at all.

I'm lucky though because I got health insurance cover.

I almost died from ketoacidosis.

Keep pushing man and practice lifestyle change.

I now wear a sensor (freestyle libre 2) which I use my phone to scan as a way to monitor my glucose level everytime. The sensor costs about $100 for 2 weeks but thanks to insurance I get it for $25 and medication for zero dollars.

can one get this device in Lagos Nigeria **sensor (freestyle libre 2)**?
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Artiiclebeast: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
buJu234:

can one get this device in Lagos Nigeria **sensor (freestyle libre 2)**?

I doubt it. You can only get it here with a Doctor's prescription.
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
Dpharmacist:

Nope. I don't agree with you, gestational cannot be a subset.
So what type of diabetes is gestational DM? Insulin dependent or non insulin dependent?
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
ysgs:
. This to anyone looking for diabetes cure. We provide accurate herbal cure on diabetes. We beat chest. Use it for one month and go for test. It's diabetes flusher.
Interested people may reach WhatsApp 07018251533
Calls 09078362447
Scam. Guys please run away from these guys
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Rutherford2019: 9:35am On Nov 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

So what type of diabetes is gestational DM? Insulin dependent or non insulin dependent?

Gestational diabetes is for pregnant women. They're diabetic when they are pregnant but become non diabetic after delivery
Insulin dependent or type 1 DM is when the pancreas cannot produce any insulin so you have to be taking insulin injection for the rest of your life..it is mainly for children and young people
Non insulin dependent or type2 DM occurs when the pancreas can produce insulin but your body is not sensitive to the insulin
It's mainly for adults
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Rutherford2019: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Hello sir,

I want to tell you it's never too late to overcome it. What you need is adequate information on how to go about it.

Please google more on Resistant Starch foods - both natural and converted.

Natural - unripe plantain, banana, beans

Converted - cooked and cooled rice.

Normally, starch is composed of simple sugars, which gets broken down in the body and absorbed into the bloodstream.

Resistant starch can't be digested because the molecules are tightly packed, making it difficult for the digestive enzymes to act on. So they move to the large intestine and become food (prebiotic) for the good bacteria there.

Please do extensive research on this. Resistant starch has categories.

Also, incorporate healthy fats, sugar-free fruits and vegetables and proteins in your diet.

If you have a Netflix account, search for this documentary "The Magic Pill" and watch it. It will expose your mind on how foods can reverse health problems.

Please don't give up! You just need to stop doing what you are used to doing and adopt new and better dietary regimen.

As we grow older, our bodies can't handle the foods we eat while we were younger. It's natural.

Our bodies do tell us but sometimes, we fail to read the signals.

At this stage, you'll eat for function and not taste.

You'll be fine sir.

Just don't give up!

Take charge of your health!

I will be fine
My HbA1c was 12.6% and my blood sugar was 33+ mmol/l.
It has started affecting my eyes before I discovered it
But I will be fine
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
Rutherford2019:

Gestational diabetes is for pregnant women. They're diabetic when they are pregnant but become non diabetic after delivery
Insulin dependent or type 1 DM is when the pancreas cannot produce any insulin so you have to be taking insulin injection for the rest of your life..it is mainly for children and young people
Non insulin dependent or type2 DM occurs when the pancreas can produce insulin but your body is not sensitive to the insulin
It's mainly for adults
You still don't understand.
Diabetes mellitus is basically relative or absolute lack of insulin, right? Good.
1. What is the pathogenesis of GDM? Is there absolute lack(Type 1) or relative lack(type 2) of insulin?
2. Many women with GDM develop frank DM after delivery
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Rutherford2019: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

You still don't understand.
Diabetes mellitus is basically relative or absolute lack of insulin, right? Good.
1. What is the pathogenesis of GDM? Is there absolute lack(Type 1) or relative lack(type 2) of insulin?
2. Many women with GDM develop frank DM after delivery

Yes
In GDM there's enough insulin but the woman's body does not respond to it for utilization of glucose..
Infact pregnancy in itself is diabetogenic state with hyperinsulinaemia. Reasons being that the woman's body try not to utilize glucose so as to provide for her fetus.
Many women develop T2DM later in life as you rightly said while in some they will remain diabetic even after their pregnancy
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by jaephoenix(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2023
Rutherford2019:

Yes
In GDM there's enough insulin but the woman's body does not respond to it for utilization of glucose..
Infact pregnancy in itself is diabetogenic state with hyperinsulinaemia. Reasons being that the woman's body try not to utilize glucose so as to provide for her fetus.
Many women develop T2DM later in life as you rightly said while in some they will remain diabetic even after their pregnancy
You simply echoed what I stated without answering my question. Lemme repeat
Is GDM a type 1 or type 2 variation? Or is it stand-alone like OP said?
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Rutherford2019: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

You simply echoed what I stated without answering my question. Lemme repeat
Is GDM a type 1 or type 2 variation? Or is it stand-alone like OP said?

It's type 2 that happens during pregnancy
Insulin production by the pancreas is normal but pregnancy makes the woman's body to be less sensitive to the available insulin
In type 1 there's no insulin production by the pancreas
Re: World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care by Originalsly: 2:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Rutherford2019:

They told you it's too late? Bro .... read up on foods to avoid ... don't rely on pharmaceuticals .... ask the elders.... they know the different leaves and herbs that do a better job than pills. Health section here named a few under different threads. Soda lovers .... corn flake and cereal lovers .... chill.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASHERMAN'S Syndrome! / Monolaurin capsules Kills Staphylococcus Bacteria Completely Without Reoccurring / Persistent NHIS Crises Analysed By Health Minister Isaac Adewole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.