Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? (14445 Views)

Romance,finance Or Purpose Which Is More Important In A Relationship / If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This / Which Of These Is The Most Important In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by rapheal5(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nazgul:
This post was triggered by a friend of mine who is passing through hell in his 3 year old marriage. His wife made him believe that money isn't everything and he ignorantly got married to her in his indigent state. She stopped respecting him a long time ago. As I'm typing this, she has left him with their 1 year old daughter in Lagos and relocated back to Uyo.

So let's talk about money in courtship, Because you will need plenty of it in marriage.

Those who are of the opinion that all that matters in marriage is love not money are not serious! In fact I'd like to term them as jokers. Why? Because love won't pay your bills and put food on the table.

Women naturally respect financially buyouant men. Or in simpler terms, men who have money.

So don't let any woman manipulate you into marriage when you are not financially ready simply because age is fighting against her, because if you succumb to her pressure and get married to her, you are in for a Shocker

Women can sweet tongue you into doing what you don't want to do and blame you for being stupid to listen to her in the first place.

Before any lady corner you and tie you down in forced matrimony, ask the following questions...

1. How much do you both earn monthly? How much will you require to run your marriage monthly? Take inflation into consideration, and calculate how much you will spend on rent, feeding, utility bills, transportation, medicals among others.

2. Who pays the running bills monthly? The husband, the wife or both of you? At what percentage? 50/50, 60/40, 70/30? Discuss it with your Partner.

3. How long will you both work as salary earners? Any plan to invest in other businesses? What does it take? How much of your fiance will it take? What type of sacrifice will it require?

4. Will you engage in monthly savings? If yes, how much percentage of your salaries would go into savings?

5. Will you be operating a Joint or Separate accounts? Discuss this with your partner.

6. If you are running a business; How much does it generate monthly? Would she join you in running it when you get married? If yes how best can you two grow your monthly income?

7. What are your yearly Financial goals? How do you both plan to achieve them?

8. Do you believe in paying tithe, first fruits, offerings and sowing special seeds? You need to discuss this with your partner, so you can both plan ahead whenever the need for such financial commitment arises.

9. What percentage of your income will be going to your parents or siblings monthly? Discuss this with your partner. It's very important.

10. When CHILDREN start coming, how MUCH will you need to take good care of them monthly? Would you want them to attend public school or private school, are there affordable Private schools in your neighborhood where you can enroll them, what percentage of your earnings or savings would they require monthly to see them through nursery and primary school. Would government secondary school be better for them or private? Would public universities be better or private or abroad? These are things you must iron out with your partner before getting married.

Plan your FINANCES before getting married.

Set up your self for Financial growth not Financial failure in marriage.

Most broken marriages occur due to lack of finances or poor financial planning from one or both couples.

it's not a strange thing...
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by PaNnamdi: 3:05am On Nov 17, 2023
Persephone1:
This dude is an undercover misogynist no cap! From accusing the woman of sweet tonguing to painting his friend as an innocent non thinking creature to generalizing all women to value and respect men for their financial abilities c'mon!

Funny enough in the same post there are ratios of which responsibilities are shared among couples meaning some women really do not sweet tongue,or respect men for what they can offer financially only. Some women love, plan,share responsibilities and grow with their husbands HALLELUJAH!

What I see in your story is two couples who got married without plans and reality dawn on them too late. Your friend is as guilty as the woman.

Great points BTW on your financial tips but damn you sound like you'd rather do them with a fellow man ! grin grin grin

This is me sticking to your belief that the woman left her husband on financial terms and no other possible reasons grin
U women are troublesome and manipulative.my wife is giving me enough headache already.i can't die because of a woman o.
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by PaNnamdi: 3:08am On Nov 17, 2023
emmaodet:

Yes, you are right.
I guess it is the high poverty rate in Nigeria reason why many men are requesting for a working class woman.
Tbh, I was once in that boat too supporting women working when I was still struggling financially but as things improved, I tend to appreciate my wife been at home tending to the family.
She is always researching foods and snacks to make for us, different designs of clothes to show the tailor to sew for us, she is more relaxed and not stressed and she has all her time for me and the kids.
Honestly, I am really enjoying it and appreciate it and I give her more than enough for the house so that she can have a reasonable amount for herself, her parent and still save or buy things she needs for herself and the kids without asking me or waiting for me and the family has been running far more smoothly now.
I will always recommend it for men if they have the resources to do it.
No lie ooo grin
Nor be madam dey feed you cool
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by Fearyourcreator: 6:02am On Nov 17, 2023
flexydote:
Op. God bless you for this your writeup.

That's how my babe have been telling me that I shouldn't worry about money, infact I shouldn't even talk about it.

That when we marry, there will be blessing attached to the marriage.

Reason why I don't want to go into marriage now is cause I'm not making to much to start feeding two mouth, health, cloth and practically take of two individuals now. So I told her to chill first cause tho I'm expecting something huge that could upgrade my financial status but the pressure to get married to her no be here o.

I have seen a lot in the streets to not have sense in this matter. Omo forget Love o cause when it comes to the real matter it boils down to MONEY.

back in the days sef, you only marry when you can take care of a lady not because of Love.

Gen Z dem have changed the narrative.

Marriage is an Institution but na only few understand that terminology.
If you try am... na real depression... man wey get money before he marry then later starts having financial issues dey collect within a year ... no try am abeg... women no send you ooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by DonroxyII: 9:31am On Nov 17, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see more struggling brothers getting married to broke and jobless girls, I see these girls insulting them horribly in that marriage.

I see them coming to my spiritual center for solutions, I see myself asking them to pay heavily because they married based on nyash and breasts, I see many marriages crumbling.

This I have seen.
You will Also Pay Heavily to Whatever Deities You are Using to Providing Solutions to Their Problems Because With God, Salvations is "Free" cheesy.... With "Deities" Salvations is at Price to Every Actors grin

It's a Pyramid Brother .... what You Give is What You Get cheesy
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by DonroxyII: 9:35am On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by DonroxyII: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by Daradared2(f): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2023
Emaprince:
What type of hustle you wan leave your familly come lagos do?

At first you may think nothing will happen until you reach lagos....and find your self deep into hook up like many girls have done.

I understand! It's just a business that my sis has become successful in it. Estate Consultant.

It's can be done anywhere, yes I know but many buyers prefer Lagos land. So, am considering that.

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by NewDea4: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2023
pocohantas:

It would never make sense to me. That is how one Nlder's wife was hustling for a low paying job, all because she wants to be working class. By the time she starts that job, she won't be able to save or even contribute to the home after deducting transport and other overhead expenses. She would still come back tired. Unable to tend to the kids, let alone the husband's sexual needs.

I recommend a source of income for women, but it doesn't have to be this crazy 9to5 schedule. She can have a skill and create a workspace at home. Anything to keep her mind busy and have her interract with people. It helps clear the mind and support the home/her immediate family.

What were such women doing in their teens and twenties? If they had joined the rat race at that period of their lives, they would have achieved some level of seniority by the time they got married, at least enough to cushion the effects of a hustle on their home life.

A woman should always work, because what if the man dies young? In all such scenarios that I've seen the women ended up in ashawo work and it's not cool, most especially if they've got girl-children looking up to them and copying their every move. Let every woman have something doing abeg: buying-snd-selling, handwork like hairdressing, or at least civil service. Every woman should work even if it's only to set an example for their young kids.
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by liveyourlife007(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
This is the only article I have read this year that made sense.
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by liveyourlife007(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nazgul:

The bolded is where I'm going to focus on.

Lack of finances can easily make a woman cold towards her husband. She would loose the respect she has for him, deny him sex, if she's still in shape, she can even start keeping men who would be bankrolling her. And in some instances move out of the house...

For the man, lack of finances or job loss would make him moody, some might seek solace in alcohol. He would easily get angry over nothing by transferring his aggression on his wife and kids.

Finally you were asking what broken home means. If you mistakenly throw a glass or ceramic cup on the floor it would shatter. No matter how hard you try to patch it, you would never be able to re-assemble it back to its original state.

Same with a broken home. Once there is a break in finances, (let's say for instance the man looses his job) the home would shatter and loose it's structure. Why if you might ask? Because the whole financial responsibilities would fall on the woman, she might not complain initially, but with time, she would begin to verbally express her displeasure towards the man. She would disrespect him, deny him sex, compare him with his friends who are doing fine...etc.

The man might struggle to get back on his feet, but the traumatic experience he had with his wife would leave him in a capricious state. Thus it's safe to say that the home is broken. Because like the glass cup, it would be impossible for it to return back to its original playful and loving state.

Thank you for breaking it down for her like a baby in Kindergarten.
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by tosinhtml: 12:36am On Nov 25, 2023
Meerahbel:
Back in college, I dated someone who was relatively rich. It was my birthday. We had a CCD outlet within my college campus, were we usually bought birthday cakes.

There were two cakes to choose from: chocolate or red velvet. He bought both because he didn't know my preference. Flexing in front of our friends was another reason.

At this point, we had already been together for over two years. Two years of ‘being in love' and still, he didn't know that chocolate flavour is the obvious choice. I disliked red velvet cakes. This made me notice — he didn't really know anything about me. The small things. Things that bring me joy. Things that trigger me. Things I would rather avoid.

I would always wear subtle colours and would tell him I hated anything that is brightly coloured. He would buy expensive funky colored headphones for me. This was a pattern.

I would make gifts for him. He wouldn't consider them as gifts at all because it wasn't store bought smiley

Financially, my family wasn't doing great back then. So, I had a general disdain for people who didn't value money and spent it loosely. I hated his spending habits. Now, I am doing quite well for myself. I can spend recklessly if I want to and still not be broke. But I still hate people who don't value money.

'I bought this shirt for 3k' — that's how he talked. About things and about people. Expensive things and rich people. Rest didn't mean anything to him. Thank god, the relationship didn't work out.

The fact that he was rich wasn't an issue, but the way he treated money was.

The fact that he can afford expensive things didn't matter, when he didn't even know my likes and dislikes.

I can afford a lot of things that I couldn't afford 3 years ago. If a dress had a 4 digit price tag, it was an absolute no for me earlier. Now, even though I can buy them — I don't automatically look for expensive clothes. I look for clothes I like — sometimes they cost less, sometimes they cost more — I'll buy it if I like it and if it's a reasonable price. That's the attitude I have and the attitude I looked for in a partner.

You can make your partner happy with whatever money you have. You can also fail at making her/him happy, inspite of being stinky rich. It depends … smiley

All you needed to do was to let him know what you liked, instead you came here to gaslight the shit out of us. It wouldn't have taken anything out of you to communicate what you like & didn't like.

You have mouth to speak & communicate but will rather do this. Makes no sense at all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by Meerahbel: 4:33am On Nov 25, 2023
undecided
tosinhtml:

All you needed to do was to let him know what you liked, instead you came here to gaslight this shit out of us. It wouldn't have taken anything out of you to communicate what you like & didn't like.

You have mouth to speak & communicate but will rather do this. Makes no sense at all!
Re: Why Money Is Very Important In Courtship? by toujurs: 10:04am On Mar 10
That is why i laugh at foolish men who say, You must not have money to get married.

Yes, you must not have too much money, but you see money to provide. You must have it, before you get married. It's best you calculate very well before getting married because when responsibility start, that love will clear off your eyes, even your so called love of your life won't respect you.

I see guys who,type sh*t saying she stayed with me when i was broke, bro she was broke too. She was just smart and truthful to herself and settled for genuine
relationship, most of these broke girls who dated rich boys. Ask them about how the relationship went you will see tears rolling down her eyes.

Women think they are smart, because of the privilege of having a coochie, but ask them how far, most are psychologically depressed,big boys have taken turns on them back to back, and rotating same coochie among their friends. Then when they are done, another clique of bigboys take their own tuen, at this moment she begins to feel traumatized.

Most women feel entitled to a life they can't afford, and you expect the man providing it to you, not to see you as a golddigger. grin.

It's unfortunate that the lady, repackages the over stretched coochie for the middle class.

Men are not scum, you are actually the scum and don't know want you want as a lady, be smart and grow with your class, be expressive, vocal. So people can know what you want.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ice Cube's Midget Son - Crushed Ice. (Pictured) / What Does TOASTING Mean? / I Barged In On My Landlady While She Was Nakked. See Her Reaction!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.