Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills (35680 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Sudanese Army To Facilitate Evacuation Of UK, US, France, China Foreign National / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Welcomme: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
osothermal:
where do you stay?
Abuja
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by saintrow1: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:

Shutup! Olodo! I am on prepaid!

Fuvk off ashiere, you are a squatter, you don't own sh!t.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by 2mch(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
Your friend is lying to you. We stay in a 3 bedroom flat and we spend not up to 80£ for energy. Freezer and Fridge always on 247... Tell your friend I said he is lying. As for food, if your friend is telling you that all these 2£ 1£ 50pence na him e no fit afford, it is better you guys gather money for him to come back home. That guy fit don commit and no one is willing to employ him.. But for him to be employed and still can't afford food, then he is lying.
Your break down is not tallying with what is on ground and what I have seen with my own eyes. I don’t know where you live and how you feed.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Welcomme: 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Your break down is not tallying with what is on ground and what I have seen with my own eyes. I don’t know where you live and how you feed.
Oga, with 200 pounds, family of 6 will feed comfortably for a month in the UK. You stay in Nigeria and you are arguing with me. Fine, food prices increased but believe me, it is still very affordable. In UK, food is the least of anyone's problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by sinero: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

200k is now less than 200pounds oooo ..that's cheap bill oooo

Go and try to work and see how easy it is to come about 1 pound. Una go just sit for one corner they blow rubbish for mouth. Na so e easy to make d money abroad now
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by gidjah(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

so for a teacher friend who Earns about 2,600POUNDS, SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY 200POUNDS COMFORTABLEY ABI ??
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
sinero:

Go and try to work and see how easy it is to come about 1 pound. Una go just sit for one corner they blow rubbish for mouth. Na so e easy to make d money abroad now

U just want to talk because u have data.....and u don't have much to say.. thats why all u have na insult.....
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by jamafa: 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

200pounds is not much for electricity??

How much dem dey earn monthly??

Nigeria is far better, if u av good source of income.

U can do what u like here
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by olowoeyinkule1: 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
Na lie ooo
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nonexisting1:
UK is one country I will never relocate to even for free. The kind of suffering and smiling(with fake accent) in that country no be joke. Imagine turning off refrigerator because of electricity bill when here in Owerri, all I want is for the things in there especially drinks to be mortuary standards.
have you lived in uk before?.
Have you lived in uk before?. Uk is sweeter than Naija in many ways.
My fridge is on.
Heater is on for 6hours daily(morning and evening).
Food cheap including fruits.
If my electricity goes off I can call the electricity company and they will be here in three hours maximum.
I tell anyone outthere if you have the money, travel legally and enjoy your life.
Many people who are not here are the ones complaining of taxes.
Generator wan tear your ear for naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
jamafa:

200pounds is not much for electricity??

How much dem dey earn monthly??

Nigeria is far better, if u av good source of income.

U can do what u like here

If u stay in electricity-only flat....(High rise buildings) electric bills is very high now
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
Oga, with 200 pounds, family of 6 will feed comfortably for a month in the UK. You stay in Nigeria and you are arguing with me. Fine, food prices increased but believe me, it is still very affordable. In UK, food is the least of anyone's problem.
food is the least of many people's worries.
Good place. It's better than Naija.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
gidjah:
so for a teacher friend who Earns about 2,600POUNDS, SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY 200POUNDS COMFORTABLEY ABI ??

You dont know her other expense... She fit dey stay house of 1700 per month for london...
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by jmoore(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
saintrow1:

Fuvk off ashiere, you are a squatter, you don't own sh!t.
Zombie slave living under the bridge.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by gidjah(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
You right bro, house are the most expensive over there.Food is way cheaper than housing.
advanceDNA:

You dont know her other expense... She fit dey stay house of 1700 per month for london...
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Welcomme: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
uuzba:

UK is not a cheap country.
You earn big money, Yes.
But you are also forced to spend big money.
At the month end, your account is still £0.00
-
They have made sure that you cannot save that money.
If you use public transport, you will pay.
Ok. Buy car and use. You will still pay. Insurance is mandatory, MOT is mandatory, Petrol is mandatory (abi?).
The only thing that will give you money is job.
Job sef, they will still deduct tax before you collect your salary.
-
The only reason we're deceived to like UK is because they show fine-fine things on TV/movies.
I never knew transportation is free in Nigeria. I never knew petrol is free on Nigeria.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by blueAgent(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
adioolayi:
Lazy citizens!!!

Taxing the life-out of the hardworking immigrants to sustain these lazy citizens.

Tactical calls to tax these guys more
They help build your society..yet, you wan use tax finish then to fund lazy citizens..

Let the immigrants breath!

Which ppl build which society?

Crap.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
gidjah:
You right bro, house are the most expensive over there.Food is way cheaper than housing.

Food is cheap..especially if u a fan of Tesco
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
I never knew transportation is free in Nigeria. I never knew petrol is free on Nigeria.

Lol...wicked sarcasm
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by okoroemeka(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
I will unplug everything and leave only one or two energy bulb, work and money is the target not enjoyment.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
Your friend is lying to you. We stay in a 3 bedroom flat and we spend not up to 80£ for energy. Freezer and Fridge always on 247... Tell your friend I said he is lying. As for food, if your friend is telling you that all these 2£ 1£ 50pence na him e no fit afford, it is better you guys gather money for him to come back home. That guy fit don commit and no one is willing to employ him.. But for him to be employed and still can't afford food, then he is lying.
food is very cheap.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by blueAgent(m): 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
bigcasava1:
Yes UK trained the criminal leaders in our country so that my country will continue to feed them, the criminal loots our national cake and transfer to them. Any day my country brakes free that the end of ur UK. As you can see law of karma is gradually taking it course

See MUMU.

3rd world,hungry Nigeria dey feed Europe's 2nd largest economy.

Instead of you and your kind to blame and hold ,your useless leaders accountable, you rather shift the blame.
That's why Nigeria and Africa would forever remain a 3rd country.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:

Family of 6?? Na only Tesco u dey buy??
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

No lies. Go to ALDI or LIDL there are cheap food there. 20kg rice is 20£ 20litres of oil is 20£ macroni is 7£ for big bag at Pakistanis store. Spent 150£ last time for food and I don't think I will be needing many food till February 2024. Yam is 5£. Chicken is three packs for 12£ at farmfood. 2litres coke or Pepsi is 3 for 5£. With 30£ you can make naija soup. Indomie super pack 9.99£ bread and (tea)Hot chocolate is cheap. Life is easy in uk compare to naija. But you must be here legally.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by bigcasava1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
blueAgent:

See MUMU.

3rd world,hungry Nigeria dey feed Europe's 2nd largest economy.

Instead of you and your kind to blame and hold ,your useless leaders accountable, you rather shift the blame.
That's why Nigeria and Africa would forever remain a 3rd country.

mumu goat! You no get brain that's why u will never know, they will continue to interfer in our politics to force criminals to lead us it played during election. Your type voted in the present useless leaders that serving the interest of the west and you now turn and say Nigeria is a 3rd world country. If you like take it or leave it, Nigeria politics are run by UK and america
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by AngelicBeing: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2023
planetx:
The original shithole only if this dumb japarians know the truth before selling their properties. No wonder Sukkot ran back to obodo Naija, he is now eating amala and gbegiri in Ibadan living large lol.
Hahaha, Lol at Sukkot ran bag to eat amala and gbegiri wink
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by uuzba(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
Their transport and petrol is more expensive than ours
That is why WE drive so many jeeps and other big cars.
But they don't. They're always driving small cars, hatchbacks like Mini, Nissian Micra Hyundai i10
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
uuzba:

Their transport and petrol is more expensive than ours
That is why WE drive so many jeeps and other big cars.
But they don't. They're always driving small cars, hatchbacks like Mini, Nissian Micra Hyundai i10
transport and fuel is not expensive compare to what you earn here. Imagine I buy bus ticket for 70£ and I can use it for 28 days within my city. That's cheap. Fuel is also cheap at £1.50 to 1.60£. Please dont try and convert these amount to naira.
One thing about white people that I noticed is, they complain about little increment in prices of commodities.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Rick9(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
Abi UK na advanced shithole
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Love800(m): 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
So how do the nigeria restaurants there, make money?

I was told they make alot of money
Sleekfingers:

Currently, prices of food has increased in many European countries. So UK is not an exception.
Eating at home is a lot cheaper than eating out. Anytime, I am in the UK or France. I prepare most of my food or occasionally patronize indian or Chinese restaurants.
I don't eat or patronize any Nigerian restaurant.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Johnthesuccess: 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

When the total take home is between 2,500 pound to 4,000 pounds abi? You think that is enough?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Pidaa: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
osothermal:
is Utilita not there? So affordable
My previous flatmate accumulated alot of bills before leaving the house. So Scottish power did not allow us to change till their bill have been clear. So that guy keep paying the money little by little because it reach 2000 pounds and the most painful thing is that Scottish was not giving them bill when dey pack into the house and those guy lock up not knowing the bill dey accumulate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador / Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.