Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills (35719 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Sudanese Army To Facilitate Evacuation Of UK, US, France, China Foreign National / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by omoredia: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't see their present prime minister wining the election next year

U dont have eyes to see anything before. U no fit see for nigeria u wan go uk go see. Mumunat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2023
coetech:
Uk has always been a crazy society when it comes to tax

Because taxation is what is keeping the country going......and it is working for them. ...
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by adioolayi(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2023
Lazy citizens!!!

Taxing the life-out of the hardworking immigrants to sustain these lazy citizens.

Tactical calls to tax these guys more
They help build your society..yet, you wan use tax finish then to fund lazy citizens..

Let the immigrants breath!
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by tonicyril: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
Whalis:
This is no news as people in UK do not need fridge in the first place. Heating system is the first priority and not freezer.
maybe when ur brain reboot, it will remember that fridges and freezer are used to store perishable goods as well, no be only minerals dem dey use am for grin

9 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Padipadi(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
Choose btw UK and Nigeria. No matter how bad UK reach, it can't be like Nigeria. Here is hellfire.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by CaptainFM1: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
Just 2millions, when 150millions Nigerians dey switch off everything since 1985!

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
There's is nothing abnormal here. I do unplug my fridge when my foods are frozen, I leave it a day or two then plug it back.

I turn off my light during that day, and turn them on when it's dark.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by IzRayl: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
Oga keep quiet,(200k naira)200 euros per month for electricity is on the highside,most of you have never left the shores of Nigeria but Open your mouth to spill trash
EmeeNaka:
Do not be deceived. People that lives in the UK earns in UK pounds and paying an energy bill equivalent to 200k naira a month is not very big as the person would want you to believe.

5 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by nairalanda1(m): 11:55am On Nov 15, 2023
coetech:

LOL...they still have television tax there and radio tax.

(That's why the BBC , despite being a public broadcaster, has lots of money)

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by gladdensir(m): 11:55am On Nov 15, 2023
Desperate times, desperate measures.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by nairalanda1(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:
The sweet go eventually circulate.

The world leaders would prefer to spend the money on ammunition, senseless war instead of taking care of important things.

Doesn't mean.

If war stopped, the fact is, things cost money to make and maintain, and people want to be paid more.Also new innovation and stuff costs more and more money.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Tayorshd87: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:
They have 24/7 electricity everywhere in their country. Unlike your country ran by criminal leaders that is generating 5,000 megawatts for 180 million people.

Shut up after all na everybody dey complain hardship and not naija alone 😡
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by yusluvad(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2023
coetech:
Yeah, it's never new to the outside world!🥺🥺
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2023
Tinubu effect grin
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Artscollection: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:
They have 24/7 electricity everywhere in their country. Unlike your country ran by criminal leaders that is generating 5,000 megawatts for 180 million people.

Very wicked n hopeless leaders.
They are not even ashamed to attend meetings with their fellow leaders that are running their countries efficiently
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by nairalanda1(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.

I tell you.

Yet that is why they have 24/7 power, because they pay a lot for the thing.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by ThunderFireAgba: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:
And if you watch very well, the mumu Mod and the pig that made this post to front page are Agbado miscreants doing so to justify their Druggie in chief, Bulaba. They're making it feel hardship is all over the world but they are foolish!
I live in the UK and I feel nothing. The amount of money I spend on data alone(unlimited) can pay a minimum wage of an Average of a Nigerian worker for 3months.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by nairalanda1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

200k is now less than 200pounds oooo ..that's cheap oooooo bill oooo

That's not cheap. 200 pounds can with careful budgeting pay for food for two to three months for a single person in the UK, ASSUMING power costs are paid off.

Plus would you like to pay N200K a month as power bill here in Nigeria? Estimated billing?

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Incredible128: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
Where did you get your statistics of "over 100%" undecided undecided undecided
2mch:

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by osothermal(m): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
nedu666:

Lies. Food is dirty cheap. Secondly you will pay that much if you don't have a pre paid meter, stay in a flat that is not insulated during winter and don't manage your gas usage
I'm telling you. I'm using approximately £50 per month on pay as you go.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Dotherightthing: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
nedu666:

Lies. Food is dirty cheap. Secondly you will pay that much if you don't have a pre paid meter, stay in a flat that is not insulated during winter and don't manage your gas usage

Naturally grown food I doubt!

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
Whalis:
This is no news as people in UK do not need fridge in the first place. Heating system is the first priority and not the freezer.

You don't know what you are saying. No doubt heating system is extremely important.
How will they preserve their food? A house without a fridge or freezer is a dead house.

Your milk will go bad, cheese and other consumables. Over 95% of food eating in the UK are kept in the fridge or freezer.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by sylve11: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:

They have food banks over there.

Tell your friend to relocate back to Nigeria.

That's if the friend doesn't curse him for 1,000 years. cool
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by diamond68: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
cheesy
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by jmoore(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
plaindealer:

Of what use and relevance is what you cannot pay for and cannot use because you are too poor to use electricity or pay your bills.?

Your APC, Buhari and now Tinubu pushed many Nigerians into poverty.

So because poor people exist, others should not enjoy stable electricity?

Electricity is not a luxury. Transportation is not a luxury. But the person on keke is not paying same price as the one on helicopter/airplane.
Everyone will find their own level. Poor people dey use phones too. But phones get levels. The poor will simply load the power units they can afford. Poor people have generators in Nigeria.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Okpollo: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:

The world leaders would prefer to spend the money on ammunition, senseless war instead of taking care of important things.

You think there is anything like world leader? Nations with sensible leaders build weapons to defend them selves then sale for fool with natural resources to destabilize there country because of power struggle.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by GarkiAccessory(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
Tt

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Bayajjidda: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:

Just as your darling daddy would prefer to spend money on presidential luxuries and frivolities to taking care of important things such as the emerging extreme hunger and starvation in the country.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Israel07: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

And so? What's the equivalent of his monthly earning in Naira since you u using ur valueless currency as a yard stick. How can any sane mind try compare Nigeria, a country run by criminals and louts to UK? Trying to compare night and day just to make urself feel good is highly delusional
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Food is very expensive. Call your family and friends in US and UK let them tell you how the cost of food his risen.

Currently, prices of food has increased in many European countries. So UK is not an exception.
Eating at home is a lot cheaper than eating out. Anytime, I am in the UK or France. I prepare most of my food or occasionally patronize indian or Chinese restaurants.
I don't eat or patronize any Nigerian restaurant.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Lastmankc(m): 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:

The way your ebola master is using the subsidy money to take care of important things in Nigeria.Typical mentality of a programmed mummified zombie.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Allisgud: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
With all this I am hearing of UK,I can never go that place,I will prefer Australia or new Zealand,if not the only reason I will leave this country and Japa to this place is to make a new name for my self and give my children new and good life experience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport. / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.