Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills (35644 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Sudanese Army To Facilitate Evacuation Of UK, US, France, China Foreign National / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by advanceDNA: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
planetx:
10 pounds a month for food in the UK? You must be eating crazy health destroying Junk food if even your story is true, even with 35 pounds a month.

No one can survive on 10 £ per month ...even if all they eat is junks.... The person must b getting free food from a coded food bank or family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by 2mch(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
seguno2:

Cut your coat according to your materials.

Don’t they have free schools and healthcare, plus good roads, security etc?

Do you want to get something without paying for it, when you are not a thief
See the mugu talking about free free free. What is free in this world? Do you pay tax in Nigeria to even afford these things? You think all those facilities are free? Obviously you must be crazy if you think any government will provide such things free. The so called healthcare that some people have to wait years before doctor can see them and they still pay tax. You are living in an alternate universe if you think anybody in this world gets anything free.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by sage(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

You are the ignorant one. Call people abroad and ask them how far. You nuisance like to sit online as if Nigeria is the only country in crises. Everybody de chest their own wahala in silence. You fools are always online chatting trash. If e easy send me 200 pounds

Why would someone who worked every minute to receive 200 pounds send it to you?

The Uk is a country of 67 million plus people with a $3.2 trillion GDP. Nigeria is a country of almost 200 million with less than $400 billion GDP in 2023. With 3 times the population we produce just a little more than 1/10th their economic activity.

In their society you have to work hard and be productive. Nothing like dashing people money.

And this topic is about the poorest 2 million of that 67 million for delusional people who are comparing this to the inhumane penury people live in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Fearyourcreator: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
jmoore:
They have 24/7 electricity everywhere in their country. Unlike your country ran by criminal leaders that is generating 5,000 megawatts for 180 million people.
But them no get money to on fridge ... lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Fearyourcreator: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

For some of you celebrating, I hope you understand that, that country's government have provided these basic social amenities which is still alien to a lot of Africa's population. The only problem is, nowadays, millions can't afford it because of the unstable economy.

We here in Africa aren't asking for much, we just want clean water, security, education, good roads, and other very simple "amenities" provided by Roman empire centuries ago. Is it that difficult?
Na free
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Bigboytinz: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
djseanjohn77:

Stop lying man, make 200 pounds a day, that's over 5 to 6 k pounds a month....you dey alright so grin grin grin if its that easy, those stranded that have spent over 20 years and cannot return because of shame would have come back. Which work will pay you 6k per month, how many people in the society alcan really earn that per month. Dey okay. I earn about 3.5k per month and was reduce to 3k last year due to economic issue. People don't cough cos you really do not have a choice unlike Naija that you can start shouting and cursing on social media. No let anybody deceive you.
go check wages so you tell me bankers don't make 10k GBP per month?? Dey play even tech guys make more

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by seguno2: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

You are the ignorant one. Call people abroad and ask them how far. You nuisance like to sit online as if Nigeria is the only country in crises. Everybody de chest their own wahala in silence. You fools are always online chatting trash. If e easy send me 200 pounds

What works have you done to add what value to my life, for me to send you any amount of money?
Did you not say in your other post that nothing is free? So stop your fine bara online begging and get your lazy bum to work.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by seguno2: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

See the mugu talking about free free free. What is free in this world? Do you pay tax in Nigeria to even afford these things? You think all those facilities are free? Obviously you must be crazy if you think any government will provide such things free. The so called healthcare that some people have to wait years before doctor can see them and they still pay tax. You are living in an alternate universe if you think anybody in this world gets anything free.

Thanks for understanding the essence of my comment- taxes are for government services, utilities etc for the welfare of everyone.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by MisfitHPG: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

You are funny. You think that when they tell you their wages they will not collect 40% in tax? Things Nigerians can never pay. Ask someone in UK to give you 200 pounds. Or you think 200 pounds is 200 naira. The way it will bite you to pay 200k per month is the way it will bite them to pay 200 pounds.
do you know how many Months salary that is to the average man in Nigeria?my friend works with UBA,he is paid 50k/month thats his 4 month salary,then light bill is 8k,feeding,house rent transport then he is left with nothing,but if you earn like 4k pounds,you'd fare much better

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by otokx(m): 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
How e take concern us?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by 2mch(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
seguno2:

What works have you done to add what value to my life, for me to send you any amount of money?
Did you not say in your other post that nothing is free? So stop your fine bara online begging and get your lazy bum to work.
Story teller. 200pounds is nothing, send it now. It is easy for you to boast online. We ask you to do transfer you come de insult.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Federalis: 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
I'm currently battling with the same thing, and it makes you wonder if the prices, charges, cost will ever come down, or if it will keep increasing, with little or no hope of things ever getting better.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by MrOkenwa(m): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
This is the lies they tell you ba?
I pay more than this in my 3 bedroom apartment.
Gas, electricity, utility (water) and council tax should be in the range of 500quid. That’s about 600k in today’s naira. We are far from being hungry because we earn far more than we need to survive.
Most food items are cheaper than the price you’ll buy them in Nigeria. What you get paid for a menial job in a day(8-10hours) is enough to feed you and your family for at least 7 days.
For someone earning 250k in naija: Let’s say same person get paid a salary of 2,000 pounds here(worst case) and cost of living gulps 1,500(worst case), the person will still be left with 500pounds, equivalent of 700k in naira. Plus the good life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by seguno2: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

For some of you celebrating, I hope you understand that, that country's government have provided these basic social amenities which is still alien to a lot of Africa's population. The only problem is, nowadays, millions can't afford it because of the unstable economy.

We here in Africa aren't asking for much, we just want clean water, security, education, good roads, and other very simple "amenities" provided by Roman empire centuries ago. Is it that difficult?

Is it not sad that Bobo Chicago and his brilliant successors in Alausa have failed to deliver ordinary water to Lagosians in their 24 years plus of reckless looting of the trillions raised from the masses in IGR plus the loans and federal allocation received on their behalf?
Are 20 million Lagosians really smart or it’s just shakara

Potable water still luxury 23 years after return of democracy

WHILE the Federal Government continues to proliferate the country with dams, it is such an irony that a state like Lagos, with its massive, constant boast of being a megacity, cannot provide its residents, thereby forcing the bulk of them to take solace in the arms of water boreholes.

At regular intervals, the two major waterworks in the state, the Adiyan, and Iju get grounded leading to the non-availability of water. In April and May last year, for instance, they both produce less than 10% of their installed capacity.

As of today, Eti-Osa, Apapa, Victoria Island, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki, Surulere, Ikorodu, Agege, Ojo, Mushin Kosofe, and most locations in the state are without access to clean water. Consequently, millions of residents now rely on boreholes, rivers, rainwater, as well as comprised wells for their water needs.

On its website, the LWC claims that it has a total installed water production capacity of 210 million gallons per day (MGD), which is far lower than the current estimated daily water demand of 540 million gallons per day.

Also, its plan to produce 745 million gallons per day by the year 2020 through the Lagos Water Supply Master Plan fell flat with the actual number of citizens having access to potable water dropping, rather than increasing 11 years after the launch of the master plan.

A senior staff of LWC, who preferred anonymity said that at present, its agency only supplies water to Lekki, parts of Ikoyi, Victoria Island (VI), Ojodu, Iju, and some parts of Ikotun.

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/potable-water-still-luxury-23-years-after-return-of-democracy/
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by WhiteBlack: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

Can you pay should be the questions you guys ask yourselves? Electricity, education and social amenities have nothing to do with government.

The few foreign investors in power sectors are now running away with their money cos they have realised that the problem with Nigeria but useless citizens who refused to pay their cheap bills.

You Nigerians are getting the little you have(Education, electricity, petrol, gas) for free compare to the rest of the World. A litre of petrol in UK is about #2500, a gas to cook for a week in UK ll cost you about #50,000. One bedroom flat ll cost Lou around #1100 to #1300 in areas like Surulere. An average monthly wages in UK is £1500.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Folabifreeman(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
bdon123:

Most average city.including derby,Nottingham etc.major cities cost more.idiotic fool that hasnt been anywhere.

I like in Manchester you goofy motherf**er.
Don't talk crazy

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:
The sweet go eventually circulate.

The world leaders would prefer to spend the money on ammunition, senseless war instead of taking care of important things.

They are talking about UK, you are talking about world leaders and ammunitions, how does your comment relate to the discussion about Uk.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by helinues: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Skyview01:

They are talking about UK, you are talking about world leaders and ammunitions, how does your comment relate to the discussion about Uk.

How much funds and ammunitions have UK donated to Ukraine?

I guess you are one of the evening readers
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
helinues:

How much funds and ammunitions have UK donated to Ukraine?

I guess you are one of the evening readers

Yes I am one of the "evening readers"

So if UK donate to Ukraine, what has that got to do with the rise oin the cost of energy in the country.
The government won't pay electricity bills for the people right?
You see where I am going dear "morning reader"
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by helinues: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Skyview01:

Yes I am one of the "evening readers"

So if UK donate to Ukraine, what has that got to do with the rise oin the cost of energy in the country.
The government won't pay electricity bills for the people right?
You see where I am going dear "morning reader"

The point you are missing is, if there are no senseless wars, UK won't need to do ate money to Ukraine and that same money would have been useful for this particular situation.

Do you get it now?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by planetx: 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Pidaa:

Not surprise with your response because that is the problem with Nigerian. Am still surprise that someone that lived in Nigeria feel he know a UK better than someone that is a resident in The UK. I rest my case bros
You are a bloody liar, no one can survive on feeding for10 pounds a month in the UK. You are only living in the UK in your wild imagination.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by patorial(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
voltron14:

How can 200 pounds for a 2 bedroom flat be cheap?

It's actually cheap for monthly electricity bill if the user is an average consumer.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by voltron14: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
patorial:

It's actually cheap for monthly electricity bill if the user is an average consumer.

No it isn't.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by B2B5000: 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
No pity for them. I hope they suffer more. They are busy sending their money to Ukraine.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by fabolouz1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
Things we take for granted in Nigeria .
People even leave their taps running and lights not turned off despite been day time .
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Phraences: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
tonystark007:

you can imagine nations using taxpayer money to build weapons of mass destruction instead of utilizing it for important things, most government will rather fund wars than help their poor citizens.
it seems we humans were made to be stupid and insensitive

I laugh when people say this. Don't you know that sometimes you don't go looking for war but war comes to you? Money for the military is in the budget and agriculture, electricity etc is also in the budget. On Earth there will always be conflict. Know this and know peace.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by patorial(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
voltron14:

No it isn't.

Given that an occupant of a 2 bedroom flat will have an Entertainment electronics, kitchen electronic, relaxation electronics and laundry electronics??
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by voltron14: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
patorial:

Given that an occupant of a 2 bedroom flat will have an Entertainment electronics, kitchen electronic, relaxation electronics and laundry electronics??

You live in UI?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Phraences: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
MisfitHPG:
do you know how many Months salary that is to the average man in Nigeria?my friend works with UBA,he is paid 50k/month thats his 4 month salary,then light bill is 8k,feeding,house rent transport then he is left with nothing,but if you earn like 4k pounds,you'd fare much better

As a gateman or what?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by osothermal(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
Pidaa:

My monthly bill is 150 pounds when I don't turn on my heater. Am using one of the most expensive electricity distributor which is scothish power. Those guy are thief. Still trying to change my power distribution to a cheaper company
is Utilita not there? So affordable
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Welcomme: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
Your friend is lying to you. We stay in a 3 bedroom flat and we spend not up to 80£ for energy. Freezer and Fridge always on 247... Tell your friend I said he is lying. As for food, if your friend is telling you that all these 2£ 1£ 50pence na him e no fit afford, it is better you guys gather money for him to come back home. That guy fit don commit and no one is willing to employ him.. But for him to be employed and still can't afford food, then he is lying.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by osothermal(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2023
Welcomme:
Your friend is lying to you. We stay in a 3 bedroom flat and we spend not up to 80£ for energy. Freezer and Fridge always on 247... Tell your friend I said he is lying. As for food, if your friend is telling you that all these 2£ 1£ 50pence na him e no fit afford, it is better you guys gather money for him to come back home. That guy fit don commit and no one is willing to employ him.. But for him to be employed and still can't afford food, then he is lying.
where do you stay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump / Russia-Ukraine War: My Experience In A Nuclear Bunker - Reno Omokri (Video) / Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.