Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills (35720 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Sudanese Army To Facilitate Evacuation Of UK, US, France, China Foreign National / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Tinyemeka(m): 12:54am On Nov 16, 2023
A lot of them do not work but rely on monthly unemployment benefits payments.

You'll see able-bodied youths and matured people, going from shop to shop during the day, buying stuff with free money paid to them by the government and you'll question yourself what exactly they do for a living, that they'll be roaming the streets when they should be busy at work.

I've even seen unemployed people with little to survive on, travelling to Spain and Portugal on vacation and coming home with nothing in their pockets.

This one came back from a 2-week vacation to Cyprus and couldn't afford the pizza that her daughter had ordered without her knowledge.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12465721/Struggling-single-mum-kids-secretly-order-pizza-delivery-man-leaves-40.html

In addition, many of them live in single-parent households, where only one person bears all the household expenses, unlike Nigerians and other immigrants that have both couples on full-time employment and share household bills.

So when you hear about all these cost of living crisis, it's actually them who bear the brunt. Immigrants who came to hustle are fully employed, earning their wages and living well off.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by YoshihideSuga: 1:15am On Nov 16, 2023
2mch:

Provide him ticket and accommodation in Nigeria plus a job that will pay his bills and he will come back. Many can’t even afford to fly back home.

Then he should stop complaining. There's a reason he resides abroad.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by bdon123(m): 2:02am On Nov 16, 2023
Folabifreeman:

I like in Manchester you goofy motherf**er.
Don't talk crazy
U live in a mud house bastard.didnt know manchester had mud houses fool
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 3:27am On Nov 16, 2023
Love800:
So how do the Nigerian restaurants there, make money?

I was told they make a lot of money

Oh yes, they make lots of money. It all boils down to the locations.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by ekhai(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.
THIS IS WHAT MOST OF US DON'T UNDERSTAND. THEY THINKS IT IS ALL GOOD LIVING OVER THERE. IT'S NOT EASY TO PAY FOR ELECTRICITY AND GAS IN THE UK. IT'S SO EXPENSIVE. THE LAST BILL I DIDN'T PAY OVER THERE WAS £980. THIS A 3-MONTH BILL. I PITY PEOPLE LIVING IN THAT COUNTRY.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by bdon123(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2023
Folabifreeman:

I like in Manchester you goofy motherf**er.
Don't talk crazy
No be only man u,na sheffield.Illiterate motherfcker.better enrol urself in schl there to brush off this yeye attitude of urs
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by blueAgent(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2023
bigcasava1:
mumu goat! You no get brain that's why u will never know, they will continue to interfer in our politics to force criminals to lead us it played during election. Your type voted in the present useless leaders that serving the interest of the west and you now turn and say Nigeria is a 3rd world country. If you like take it or leave it, Nigeria politics are run by UK and america

I didn't expect any better response from a loser.
Is UK and America Yakubu or Inec?

Who failed to fellow the new Electoral law,Inec or UK?
Was it the The UK and US that also influenced our Judiciary?

Which intrest of the west?
Only 2 US companies, have more value and networth than Nigeria and African Economy.
So what can you, offer someone 100times richer,bigger and more better than you?

Mumu.

Let me be honest with you, don't think that you have a functioning brain, you don't have one. grin
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Love800(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2023
Does location matter in the UK?
Sleekfingers:

Oh yes, they make lots of money. It all boils down to the locations.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Dagger111(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2023
jmoore:
They have 24/7 electricity everywhere in their country. Unlike your country ran by criminal leaders that is generating 5,000 megawatts for 180 million people.

Fact! The UK has more than 22000 MW of electric power installed in an increasing number of wind turbines but total power of all power plants is more than 100000 MW. Just imagine, 100000MW.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by saintrow1: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2023
jmoore:

Zombie slave living under the bridge.

Thanks for sharing your life experience, hope you one day find a place to call a home rather than living like a rat looooooooooooooooool

1 Like

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by jmoore(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2023
saintrow1:

Thanks for sharing your life experience, hope you one day find a place to call a home rather than living like a rat looooooooooooooooool
rat don drop babablu. Mumu
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by sukkot: 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, Lol at Sukkot ran bag to eat amala and gbegiri wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy it’s true oooo Chief . Amala is life lol
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by sukkot: 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
planetx:
The original shithole only if this dumb japarians know the truth before selling their properties. No wonder Sukkot ran back to obodo Naija, he is now eating amala and gbegiri in Ibadan living large lol.
grin grin my Chief. Amala is life lmao
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2023
Love800:
Does location matter in the UK?

It does. ...opening African or Nigerian restaurant in a white or indian populated county is a recipe for low patronage.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by YoshihideSuga: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Currently, prices of food has increased in many European countries. So UK is not an exception.
Eating at home is a lot cheaper than eating out. Anytime, I am in the UK or France. I prepare most of my food or occasionally patronize indian or Chinese restaurants.
I don't eat or patronize any Nigerian restaurant.

But Nigerian foods aren't supposed to cheaper outside Nigeria, especially if the number of Nigerians is very low in that place.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by YoshihideSuga: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
DiscoverID:

Yes, if you are poor. But the moment you crossed $1 million mark you will understand that Nigeria is the sweetest place to live.

How many people will ever attain that height in their lifetimes? Make we dey try dey realistic.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Sleekfingers: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

But Nigerian foods aren't supposed to cheaper outside Nigeria, especially if the number of Nigerians is very low in that place.

Of course, it is not suppose to be cheap, but it is affordable. Especially in some neighborhood in London

But I just don't like to eat in any Nigerian restaurant there. When I feel like eating our food. I will prepare it at home.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by MisfitHPG: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
Phraences:

As a gateman or what?
no,as a banker,HR dept
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Love800(m): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
If i should get u clearly, u saying dat opening a restaurant in an area inside the UK dat has a large number of whites and few blacks will attract a low patronage?

One should open it where there are majority of blacks in the UK, abi?
Sleekfingers:

It does. ...opening African or Nigerian restaurant in a white or indian populated county is a recipe for low patronage.

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by OChimex: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
2mch:

Trust you can never afford what they pay for electricity. Most people abroad can barely afford to eat because food has gone up over 100%. Cost of living crises is a global issue. My friend pays electricity bill of equivalent 200k a month for 2 bedroom flat.

Just calm down. Inflation doesnt bite as hard as the news make it seem in the Western world. Just that they are spoiled, so they complain about every little thing wey no mean anything. There are tons of opportunities wey go pay your bills comfortable without stress. $200 / £200 is nothing, trust me.
Mind you, i live in the US have wife and kids.talking from experience. We spent less than $1k a month in groceries, which is less than 1/10 of just my monthly income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Obierika(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
WantsandMore:
They should adopt estimated billing now.

That one will be worse
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by WantsandMore: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
Obierika:

That one will be worse
How so? I've always thought estimated billing as crowd funding
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by Obierika(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
WantsandMore:
How so? I've always thought estimated billing as crowd funding

Estimated billing is essentially best of judgement; if you are on estimated billing it means you will be paying for those who are stealing electricity in that area and for electricity which is lost due to inefficient transmission equipment.

Lets say for instance you live in Ogba, what will happen is that if in the month of January the electricity company supplied N10million worth of electricity to Ogba they will deduct the total bills for all those who are using meters in that area, the balance will be shared among all the remaining houses in that area.
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by WantsandMore: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Obierika:

Estimated billing is essentially best of judgement; if you are on estimated billing it means you will be paying for those who are stealing electricity in that area and for electricity which is lost due to inefficient transmission equipment.

Lets say for instance you live in Ogba, what will happen is that if in the month of January the electricity company supplied N10million worth of electricity to Ogba they will deduct the total bills for all those who are using meters in that area, the balance will be shared among all the remaining houses in that area.
hmmm interesting, but we talking bout the " almighty UK" in this context, I thought we've all agreed uk is the standard for everything that isn't Nigeria, no?
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by AlphaTaikun: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
Re: Millions Of UK Households Forced To Unplug Fridge To Cope With Rising Bills by osothermal(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Pidaa:

My previous flatmate accumulated alot of bills before leaving the house. So Scottish power did not allow us to change till their bill have been clear. So that guy keep paying the money little by little because it reach 2000 pounds and the most painful thing is that Scottish was not giving them bill when dey pack into the house and those guy lock up not knowing the bill dey accumulate
chai! So painful. Mine is utilita Pay as you go. Once your unit finishes, you can only use £20 worth of credit before the power goes off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian Forces Have Retaken Control Of Mykolaiv Airport. / Russia Attacks Kramatorsk Train Station In Ukraine, 39 People Killed / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.