Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? (2427 Views)

Ekpa Sit At Home: This Is Onitsha Currently (pics ) / Breath Taking! This Is Onitsha The Media Don't Want You To See / Senator Ademola Adeleke's Graduation Ceremony At Atlanta Metropolitan College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lets be honest.

6 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by waternogetenemy: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
Onitsha and Lagos are suppose to be Brother City but hate and tribalism have already dead that possibility.

11 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
waternogetenemy:
Onitsha and Lagos are suppose to be Brother City but hate and tribalism have already dead that possibility.

I wish it wasnt too late.
Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by waternogetenemy: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

I wish it wasnt too late.

The Yoruba are our Brothers, Oni of Ife said it and even before that, Oliver De Coque used it to sing in Igbo in the 1980s.

However, Yoruba muslim want to kill all of us.

Everyday, they dont let us rest.

12 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Yaribanzaonic: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
Greatest City in Nigeria..better than Lagos and Onitsha combined. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
waternogetenemy:

The Yoruba are our Brothers, Oni of Ife said it and even before that, Oliver De Coque used it to sing in Igbo in the 1980s.

However, Yoruba muslim want to kill all of us.

Everyday, they dont let us rest.

You know Yoruba muslims hate Ooni of Ife they prefer an emir. I'm not really sure why.

I like Ooni of Ife , Hes a good king

6 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by waternogetenemy: 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

according to Ooni of Ife, Yoruba and Igbo are TWIN civilizations, yet somehow tribalism want to kill all of us
Yes, their is clearly a relationship between them.

Even the Obi of Onitsha have alluded to it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by waternogetenemy: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

according to Ooni of Ife, Yoruba and Igbo are TWIN civilizations, yet somehow tribalism want to kill all of us. You know Yoruba muslims hate Ooni of Ife they prefer an emir

I prefer Ooni of Ife , Hes a good king

I'm not surprise.

That is y I mentioned them specifically.
Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
waternogetenemy:

I'm not surprise.

That is y I mentioned them specifically.

Yeah they dont like Oduduwa, instead they prefer to tell a story where ADAMU was the first Yoruba man. You know they always want to connect everything to Islam. Chineke pls help Africa!

5 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by horsepower102: 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:
Lets be honest.

You cannot hide pregnancy with your hands.

Nigeria is trying to pretend Onitsha isn’t its second biggest city while foreigners doing independent studies always come back to the same conclusion.

9 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Them don start again.

How many banks dey Onitsha. Abi no be the place where I know like the back of my hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:
Them don start again.

How many banks dey Onitsha. Abi no be the place where I know like the back of my hand

Explain why all the independent organizations are saying that Onitsha is the second largest city?

14 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Explain why all the independent organizations are saying that Onitsha is the second largest city?

Have you been to both cities?

Do you require external research to confirm what is in your backyard?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

Yes you need external research to confirm whats in your backyard, because when something is in our backyard we tend to be biased. This is why people try to have independent researchers, investigators or judges.

10 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Christistruth03: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kano

1 Like

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
Christistruth03:
Kano

Why are all the external organizations saying its Onitsha?

7 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Yes you need external research to confirm whats in your backyard, because when something is in our backyard we tend to be biased. This is why people try to have independent researchers or independent investigators.

No time for story.

How many radio/tv stations are in Onitsha?

Again let me ask you, have you been to the two cities?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by horsepower102: 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Yes you need external research to confirm whats in your backyard, because when something is in our backyard we tend to be biased. This is why people try to have independent researchers or independent investigators.

I remember back in either 2010 or 2011 when an article by some French scientist who used satellite to study the population density of Nigeria. They concluded that the vast majority of the north is empty and that the official population census it absolutely false.

I trust foreigners when it comes to studies about Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

No time for story.

Yes man I've been to both.. Bro I'm done arguing with you. Multiple independent organizations have come out and said Onitsha is the second largest metro. Why would a French, Asian or International organization lie?

I think for the next census we should let the UN conduct the census because obviously we cant be trusted to do it ourselves.

We need a third party to conduct the census.

9 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by horsepower102: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Yes man I've been to both.. Bro I'm done arguing with you. Multiple independent organizations have come out and said Onitsha is the second largest metro. Why would a French, Asian or International organization lie?

I think for the next census we should let the UN conduct the census because obviously we cant be trusted to do it ourselves.

We should honestly let UN conduct both our elections and census. Everything in Nigeria is laced with tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by paxx: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
horsepower102:

We should honestly let UN conduct both our elections and census. Everything in Nigeria is laced with tribalism.

You know they will never agree grin if its not rigged they dont want to participate

4 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Yes man I've been to both.. Bro I'm done arguing with you. Multiple independent organizations have come out and said Onitsha is the second largest metro. Why would a French, Asian, or International organization lie?

I think for the next census we should let the UN conduct the census because obviously we can't be trusted to do it ourselves.

We need a third party to conduct the census.

Stop arguing stupidly, it is a foolish man that would rely on external endorsement and confirmation of what he can verify by himself.

I'm done replying to you too.

After Lagos, then Kano followed by Ibadan. Those are the cities worth mentioning in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

Stop arguing stupidly, it is a foolish man that would rely on external endorsement and confirmation of what he can verify by himself.

After Lagos, then Kano followed by Ibadan. Those are the cities worth mentioning in Nigeria
And how did you arrive at this?

For me I say my village is the biggest city in Nigeria... Since we all want to be mad

10 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by horsepower102: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

For me I say my village is the biggest city in Nigeria... Since we all want to be mad

Imagine having someone like him as the head of NBS. This is the nonsense we are suffering in Nigeria. No sense of integrity or respect for actual data.

9 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Christistruth03: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2023
paxx:

Why are all the external organizations saying its Onitsha?

That is Fake News
Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

3 major things are used to arrive at the city

1. The density
2. Numbers of institutions
3. Cultural advancement

Onitsha can only boast of number one on the list but lacks in the other two.

How many 5-star hotels are in Onitsha that other cities don't have?

Ibadan beats Onitsha in several institutions

What about cultural advancement. How does the culture of Onitsha promote tourism and the influx of people? How many non- Igbo are residing in Onitsha?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by helinues: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
Abeg with what population?
Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by XerXers: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

Not the city but the urban metro. We have been educating you people on these things but you refused to learn

1 Like

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by XerXers: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

Frustrated goat. Continue your ignorance. We have been educating you on these things but you consume anti propaganda and refuse to learn

5 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by XerXers: 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

3 major things are used to arrive at the city

1. The density
2. Numbers of institutions
3. Cultural advancement

Onitsha can only boast of number one on the list but lacks in the other two.

How many 5-star hotels are in Onitsha that other cities don't have?

Ibadan beats Onitsha in several institutions

What about cultural advancement. How does the culture of Onitsha promote tourism and the influx of people? How many non- Igbo are residing in Onitsha?

Be typing nonesense yoruba gibberish. Stay in your mud house and be fooling yourself and looking for northern co travellers for validation

6 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by XerXers: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ttalk:

No time for story.

You continue to sound like and idiot. You don't know what urban metropolitan area is all about. For your mind it's Ok for Ikorodu to be Lagos but you don't know that same way Nnewi is Onitsha in this context? If Ikeja is Lagos urban metro don't you know that Awka is also part of Onitsha urban metro? If parts of Ogun is counted for Lagos metro don't you know that parts of Delta and Imo also counts for Onitsha?
They ranked urban areas you are talking about cities, Don't you know the difference?
Do you think Lagos is one city? Onitsha city can be compared to Ikoyi not Lagos as a whole which is a combination of many cities
See Google maps for the two metropolitan areas

7 Likes

Re: Is Onitsha The Second Largest Metropolitan In Nigeria? by Jcoleworld911: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Yaribanzaonic:
Greatest City in Nigeria..better than Lagos and Onitsha combined. cool

My beautiful city🤣

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai / What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) / ACN whipping PDP With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.