Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage (1262 Views)

My Guy See Me As Liar And Indecisive.. / 20 Body Language Women Exhibit When They're Inlove With You. / Is It Possible To Fall Inlove With Somebody You Haven't Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by herdey2tu(f): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hi my fellow NIDs and NINs, your candid advices and imputs are needed.

My Cousin; with genotype AS, is engaged to be married to the love of her life, and just found out that her beloved, is Genotype AC.
The marriage is for next year February and a lot of preparation has gone underway. The groom to be just found out he is AC, after he went for a thorough medical check up; all the while he thought he was AA( due to the result of a blood test done years back).

Now the delima is should they take the risk, get married and possibly bring fort a sickle celled child( children) or deformed cell child?.Does anyone know of any drug that can be used to prevent or under research to prevent the conception of a sickle celled issue? Does any one know of any SC person?

This is a decision between love and comon sense! sad undecided
Re: Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by uronald: 12:43am On Sep 15, 2007
hey. my advice is that they should not get married. i have found myself in such situations 4 times! at different consecutive times. now i am even scared of getting into a relationship. the heartache has been too unbearable. i am 28 yrs you know.

infact one of the guys lost his immediate younger sister becos of the AS issue. she knowingly married an AS guy. hoping to always flush out any SS pregnancy at Saint Nicolas. well she did twice. but the 3rd pregnancy claimed her life.

the chances are that one/two or three of your first child could be an SS. you never can tell which. the risk is damn too high. it's better you avoid sacrificing your happiness and that of your child (children) by taking the wisest descision- DON'T GET MARRIED.

thanks.
Re: Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by mekoyo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2007
Except by divine grace. I mean the divine power of Christ on the cross of calvary.
Medically it is advised that are not compatible and cannot get married.

The question is do we trust in God and believe the medical report?
As for it is only by divine grcae. Yes they can escape but what is the probability?
Re: Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by herdey2tu(f): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2007
smiley
@ mekoyo and Uronald

Thanks a lot for the advices i would pass it on to her, but its pretty difficult to do so. the truth sometimes can break someone.
They are both very religious and holding unto God's promise, but the Big "but" still remain. undecided
Re: Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by adeboo(f): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2007
I would seriously think about this situation before i venture into it.
Being the mother of a Sickle Cell child - she was actually diagnosed 3years ago.

Its a real hard illness but God is actually helping us that it was even diagnosed - she has gone through so much that when her 'crisis' begins, i feel like crying cause she is so much pain.

If i had to do it all over again, i wouldnt wanna subject her to all that pain, i had to leave her dad cause of that (along with other reasons). I was told ma blood type was AA but obviously they were wrong.
Re: Inlove With Someone With An Incompatible Genotype, And Indecisive About Marriage by herdey2tu(f): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2007
adeboo:

, Being the mother of a Sickle Cell child - she was actually diagnosed 3years ago.
, , i feel like crying cause she is so much pain.
, I was told ma blood type was AA but obviously they were wrong.

sad oh !Dear Lord,, may God give you the strenght and resources you need to pull this through amen. The lord is your strenght sister.
Everyone is really against them getting married anyway, but i just hope the warning and advices get through their love drugged head, although i would send her all these well meaning post.

Thanks. smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Crush On My Girlfriend / Should I Accept His Offer? / when is a girl ur fiancee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.