Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals (18578 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Gay / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
do4luv14:

Consult your elders, your fathers people, Same with your mums people

Beside how sure are you that your father Death isn't natural
those my papa people no too nice...na my gran ma side na in dey try for the matter...
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Blitzking: 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
I will try and make this story short and I need your advice please...

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...
he need to see a mental health physician
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by OfficialP: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
coolIt's teenage tendencies, nothing special. But he needs your love more at this time, he also needs guidance and heart to heart talk. Locate anyone he respects a lot and get the person to talk and listen to him.

Also watch the friends he hangs out. And try to find out his passion and get him engaged
@adasun
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
pirlzwestern:
Please go home more often and spend quality time with your family.
i will try this time...

Na financial constraints the cause am but I will try
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Amotolongbo(f): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Samade7:

Are u sick?
No, you are sick
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2023
SAMBARRY:
You sure say your brother don go join cult?

Because all the characteristics you put down here show say he don go join some low life riffraffs wey dey ginger am and give am narcotics wey dey mess with him mental health.you sure say the boy don go put hand inside juju wey pass am?

Because you gave the attributes of a typical cultists.na them dey steal,harass,threaten etc.anyway you need to act fast.first ensure you never leave him alone with your mother this one he's saying he hates her.he fit rape or kill her.theres no limit to the kind of absurdity people wey don join hooligans fit do.again take him out of your house and out of the reach of your mom because he can get violent and murderous considering that he's acting irrational.he has become a danger to himself and those around him
lols, the boy is a small boy, slim and not that strong to rape as u said
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by deyemia: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Does he use any substance or keep streetboys as friends? How busy is your area?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by waice6571: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...

Aggravated PTSD plus a little dose of distrust; and phobia for strangers
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
OfficialP:
coolIt's teenage tendencies, nothing special. But he needs your love more at this time, he also needs guidance and heart to heart talk. Locate anyone he respects a lot and get the person to talk and listen to him.

Also watch the friends he hangs out. And try to find out his passion and get him engaged
@adasun
thank you, he have small circle as friends...my mum hardly beat him because she was told it's not normal...

The boy attitude really shocked me, he wasn't like this one bit seriously...he doesn't even like going to school anymore
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by OfficialP: 10:23pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
thank you, he have small circle as friends...my mum hardly beat him because she was told it's not normal...

The boy attitude really shocked me, he wasn't like this one bit seriously...he doesn't even like going to school anymore

I know a teenage boy wbo had similar experience, (minus the kidnapping aspect sha)
Its obviously teenage ish that's worrying him.

Be firmy, and gentle at the same time.

Again get him engage with his passion and consider the other advice I gave you.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by oxiide22(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
first you need to relocate from that place as soon as possible then take your brother to a good herbalist then to psychiatric
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by CJStarz: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
First does he smokes, goes out and come back late, or is he chasing women?
Chasing women at 14? With which prick? Habaaaa
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Ensa777(f): 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
he was a normal child, nothing...all this started all of a sudden

Your father's death may have triggered it.
Can you call him up to spend some few weeks with you or tskehim to a mental health facility.

H
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:

Everything you mentioned here points to drugs. Meth aka ice aka market, to be precise. Has he been losing weight? And does he look unkempt? And is he darker and dirtier than he used to be?

Search his room when he's away. Look out for lighters and broken light bulbs, long glass tubes, and long rubber cords.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by CJStarz: 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Not every problem is spiritual.
This person you guys are suspecting that killed your dad might just be innocent.
You younger brother is definitely on some drugs and somehow, I feel your mother is quite weak in raising kids but good at attending prayer houses and making her children suspect everyone around them.
Untie yourself from her grip and influence.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Shoodboi:

Everything you mentioned here points to drugs. Meth aka ice aka market, to be precise. Has he been losing weight? And does he look unkempt? And is he darker and dirtier than he used to be?

Search his room when he's away. Look out for lighters and broken light bulbs, long glass tubes, and long rubber cords.
non, my family stays in a room and perlour setting...

I don't think he does drugs but when I get home, I will scrutinized him very well
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Advancedman(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

Name and pictures please? Infact send me his full credentials
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by 7upnigeria: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Amotolongbo:
is your brother Erekere?

Is this some kind of comedy skit to you?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
CJStarz:
Not every problem is spiritual.
This person you guys are suspecting that killed your dad might just be innocent.
You younger brother is definitely on some drugs and somehow, I feel your mother is quite weak in raising kids but good at attending prayer houses and making her children suspect everyone around them.
Untie yourself from her grip and influence.
shhhhhhhh... That woman is a strong woman...

Believe me bro, the man did it...I didn't believe until I got home during the burial...

I got home the next day after hearing the news...in the middle of the night, the man was spraying something on his dormot...

Bro I am a rational thinker but believe what I said...

How do u explain a white color light emitting from our room all of sudden with no source? Burning some of stuff in the process...

Why would her wife keep saying na so we go da go one one...?

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by 7upnigeria: 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Gbadugbakun:
Whenever you go home, buy like 6 canes. Tie him to a pole or something and pieces the canes on his body. He would change for the
Best.

And your type will like to Japa to Canada. You cant survive there with this kind of mentality.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
Advancedman:

Name and pictures please? Infact send me his full credentials
for what exactly please
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by 7upnigeria: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
that may not look possible,but I will look into that aspect when I get home

I will advise you go the medical way first and then followed by the spiritual way. If the problem is spiritual a d you continue to use medical treatment, you'll just be wasting money for nothing. Dana sun'owo (In Yoruba).
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by storlinenews1: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Young Duu Set to Feature Shallipopi on a New Song Bigger than Oyinmo to Pepper Portable

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuQFH-MFRMw
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Coldie(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
you are right, I believe seeing my manly presence could help him too... except it is spiritual
Y do u keep mentioning spiritual spiritual spiritual up and down.

There are something's u can solve urself, but u people just declare it supernatural
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by 7upnigeria: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
Adasun:
for a child at that age, well I will try.

Thank you
. Adasun, Adasun, Adasun. Get a professional medical personnel to attend to your brother first b4 you consider a spiritual option. Taking him to join you in school shoul not be an option for now.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by eepeepook: 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Is he in school? I doubt he is. Put that boy under the apprenticeship of an artisan. All the excess energy he has should be put to good use.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by CJStarz: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
Now he's culprit!
It's now battle and tell you what,so, U Gon fight this battle on your knees by yourself and you shall testify!
Take both the man and his wife up in prayers. Declare a warfare! Our God is a God of war!
Call upon Him to fight them that are fighting you.
D Bible says anything we bind on earth is bound in the Heaven, therefore,bind the man and his wife! Use the Blood of Jesus Christ against them.. Always cover your spirit, soul and body with the Blood of Jesus Christ.
Same goes for your family member
Take up the man in prayer!
The Name of Jesus Christ is above all.

Adasun:
shhhhhhhh... That woman is a strong woman...

Believe me bro, the man did it...I didn't believe until I got home during the burial...

I got home the next day after hearing the news...in the middle of the night, the man was spraying something on his dormot...

Bro I am a rational thinker but believe what I said...

How do u explain a white color light emitting from our room all of sudden with no source? Burning some of stuff in the process...

Why would her wife keep saying na so we go da go one one...?

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by ejieddy: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
Send him to become a soldier... He will learn lesson. Tell him he has the ability to be a wonderful soldier and maybe rule the country... Just paint him in a good light and send him off... He will learn by force grin grin grin
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by deyemia: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Take him to any federal neuropsychiatric hospital, if you’re in Lagos you can go to Yaba, the doctors will do a good job of taking his mind off what troubles him. I had a similar scenario with my brother. He works now and very stable. It will be easier for them as he’s still a child and not an adult. And you should also offer prayer to God on his behalf because at the end of the day, it’s only God that heals. On admission you could part with about 150k not sure,about 80k as at 2011

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
7upnigeria:
. Adasun, Adasun, Adasun. Get a professional medical personnel to attend to your brother first b4 you consider a spiritual option. Taking him to join you in school shoul not be an option for now.
you can't get such diagnosis where my family base bro...

I am not comfortable bringing over, Even my mum refused when I brought it up...but that's the options I am considering
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
Coldie:

Y do u keep mentioning spiritual spiritual spiritual up and down.

There are something's u can solve urself, but u people just declare it supernatural
put me in the right direction if u have any please
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by psalmistkakah(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
My younger brother is passing Tru the same situation right now, since we lost our dad 2019 and he started acting funny just like ur brother,. Even myself I almost became a victim, fear over shadow me, Because they said my father death was not ordinary, I started becoming afraid of people thinking they will harm spiritually, until I talked to myself and said all lives is the hand of God, wat will be will be, even though I will die in the next minute nothing will disturb my peace and I care not of any attack...after this word of encouragement to myself i started getting myself back now I do my thing without any fear again, I tried to explain this to my younger broda..He seems to allow his mind to keep playing trick with him. Let your brother know that nobody can take his life except if God permit it...and see how he will react..u people always believed that everything bad is spiritually reason he became afraid or paranoid...u guys shod stop attributing every bad thing to attack, u keep glorifying evil, reason he is behaving this way..nobody be u a witch or assassin's will not make me to enjoy my life .. Nobody is leaving this world alive, so make I enjoy my peace in peace..He needs to be talk to...I no he doesn't go out he stays indoor Tru out.. exactly the way my younger is acting..He suspect everyone even family friend, Neighbors even niece everyone na suspect.. Actually involved a psychiatrist and see how it goes...We Don tried all these for my younger yet he still believe in the negatives tot his mind is telling him..As time goes by he is gradually getting better...Is well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ What's So Special About Twins??? / 78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.