Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals (18580 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Gay / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by larrixauto2017(m): 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Okeremesese earpiece meje leti kan
Ah Aunt Lol 😂 You Need Christ In Your Life I Don Laff tire as I see is your brother erekere.. I swear you are not serious

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Ndipe(m): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Your brother is grieving over the death of your father and he is acting out probably to get everybody's attention. Please take him to a counsellor. Best wishes.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by rickleye: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
I will try and make this story short and I need your advice please...

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...

Yaba left - Classic Bipolar disorder. Leave whatever you are doing and have him checked out before he does something worse and he is killed on the streets.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by 2goodbobo(m): 12:58am On Nov 19, 2023
brawlings:
at 14?

Yes even @14. Drugs is really common amongst teenagers this days

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by mctech(m): 1:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Mindlog:

What was his relationship with his/your dad like before his death?

There is need for him to be urgently seen by a Psychiatrist whose specialty is in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (though they are few in Nigeria.

I know what the diagnosis will be, based on what you have shared, so there is urgent need for a diagnosis so treatment can start immediately.

Can you help this family? Can you provide online consultation for them pro bono?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Chizillar1(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2023
Change his environment and change his entire system connected to him. You will budget good money for him but never give it to him in cash. Buy him books. Educate him!! Educate him! And keep on Educating him. Academically, spiritually, financially, health, civic education is a necessity.

Peace.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Kei144(m): 3:02am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
I have that in mind bro, couple with other attacks the family face...

Bro I need guidance on where to go...

If it is a spiritual problem, the best way to get rid of any demonic yoke is by the Holy Spirit; the anointing destroys the yoke (Is. 10:27). So, take the boy to a person that has the Holy Spirit. The person that has the Holy spirit should drive the demon away by fire of the Holy Spirit.

Every demon or idol that has been interfering in the life of this boy, I overcome you by the blood of Jesus Christ. I drive you away from this boy's life by fire of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ. Die by fire of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ. ...

As the spiritual (wo)man speaks the above word of faith, s/he should visualize fire of the Holy Spirit coming down from above. If I'm the one doing the warfare, I move my hands as if I am bringing down fire from above. That is faith; you don't just speak mere words you hardly believe in.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by murphyrichy(m): 3:36am On Nov 19, 2023
He's suffering from schizophrenia, I have something to share with you, can you flash my no zero 9 zero 6 two 1 nine 2 five 6 seven. let's rub mind plz.
Adasun:

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by TheMostComplex1: 3:45am On Nov 19, 2023
I suspect that he's taking drugs & that's the reason he's stealing to buy drugs.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:53am On Nov 19, 2023
We4all:
What was his behavior like before your father's death? It's possible that the death is affecting him; hence his strange behavior.
Eziokwu? So his dad's death would also induce stealing?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:54am On Nov 19, 2023
henrimoto:
Kobojunkie!
Lol! The guy you quoted needs the mental home,far more than the Op's brother.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Majesty33(m): 4:06am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
Your brother is taking drugs as the symptoms u explained earlier is not different from what is happening to my brother as we speak. And I think he takes Colos. U need to act fast as I have started mine too.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
non, my family stays in a room and perlour setting...

I don't think he does drugs but when I get home, I will scrutinized him very well

He won't do it at home. He'll do it outside. He may just bring some of the 'tools' home. But I strongly suspect meth.

He'd be seriously lean and dirty if he's deeply into it.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by DTeekay(m): 4:09am On Nov 19, 2023
Check his friends
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by livebullet(m): 4:11am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
Pardon my bluntness, but you are clueless if I hear you suggest spiritual (PASTOR OR BABALAWO) as the possible solution... He is mentally unstable. Take him to a Psychiatrist let them treat him.
Those men of God or men of gods only cure those whom they have planned with to stage a miracle/magic

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Airoflaw(m): 4:56am On Nov 19, 2023
Those are the signs if mental illness, kettle him seek for a psychiatric doctors Early as possible
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Groovedaddy: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2023
Mindlog:

There is need for him to be urgently seen by a Psychiatrist whose specialty is in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (though they are few in Nigeria).

I know families are more reluctant in bringing their young ones to a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic but the earlier, the better.

I know what the diagnosis will be, based on what you have shared, so there is urgent need for a diagnosis so treatment can start immediately.

And what do you think the diagnosis is? PTSD? This could be no more than simple bad behavior on account of the exit of an authority figure. Proper conditioning will change his bad behavior

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by SAMBARRY: 5:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
lols, the boy is a small boy, slim and not that strong to rape as u said
how old is he?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by LegallyObliged: 5:44am On Nov 19, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Your brother is suffering from mental health illness, not spiritual.
if it was in the UK, your brother would be in the mental health hospital

A lot of Spiritual ailment victims are mistakenly sent to the Psychiatric Hospitals. Theres no reason why both Western and Alternate treatments cant be considered simultaneously. Forget the Church, its a joke, all that yelling and screaming by Pastors does not scare the hair of even the weakest of Demons. Take your brother for Ruq'yah from a credible Practitioner. The alternative is a "Babalawo/Dibia", but I wouldnt recommend that because the cure usually come with terms and conditions--- which the victim might not even---- from the Inflictors of his affliction. Be careful who you go to because a lot of so-called Alfas and Pastors that promise a cure are actually magicians and devil worshipers behind the scenes; those are the usual sources of the so called Pastors that perform miracles (the rest are just scammers.)

Anyway, keep us updated.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Nnadykings: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2023
You can go home because of his issues take him out to any relaxation spot better still if he drink alcohol you guys can settle in a beer parlour first make him to feel relaxed and stress free then then talk to him not just like a elder bro but like a friend and see his response, to me I think he is going trough alot as regard the death of your dad it has really affected him mentally and all he really need is to voice it out and be free
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by webtekhire: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
Most likely your younger brother is grieving. If he did not do this before now and only started doing this after your late father passed then he is grieving. You need to create a close relationship with him and step in as the authority and father figure in his life.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Dickson178(m): 6:13am On Nov 19, 2023
This same thing happens to us after our mummy's death.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Samade7: 6:23am On Nov 19, 2023
Amotolongbo:
No, you are sick

But if u are not sick, someone is talking about his pain n u were talking nonsense.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Kajaard: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please find the nearest professional mental health hospital and make sure your brother gets assessed there by a professional abeg! undecided

henrimoto:
Kobojunkie!

Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! The guy you quoted needs the mental home,far more than the Op's brother.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Boldideas: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

Use pliers to cut one of his last finger and dip in iodine, call police on him and leave him at the police station till he began for mercy.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by maxiuc(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2023
The person wey kill ya Papa wants to finish up that boy

And na that carry Better star for una family

Please everything possible to save him

Where is your village
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Kingpele(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2023
[quote author=Adasun post=127004761]I will try and make this story short and I need your advice please...

Thanks... [now lemme advise u ..your brother need love and compassion if not he will run mad ...this is a sign of mental illness..he need to be taken to hospital and prayer house on time ..
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by gladdensir(m): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2023
kestolove95:
Kill him b4 he kills ur mum ND junior ones...

WERE jihadist, why you carry your Muhammad brain come here?
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by shoboy9: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2023
Death is a severely traumatic event, esp for kids. The first question is, how has he been coping with it? Who has been helping him cope - pls don't say your mum because she also needs help esp if the husband is bread winner and does most things. First step might be psych intervention but it can be a less than satisfactory outcome. But at least it will curb violence while you take other measures. The blood of Jesus can put an end to demonic interference here but his will is involved. The essential thing to remember about the blood is that it provides forgiveness before God, so no demon has any authority over his life. The spiritual houses are probably failing because his will is involved and he's holding onto this situation for support due to the loss he faced. He needs to understand that there is hope of a normal or even better life despite the fact that his father died and no matter how bad things may seem. You do not have to lie to him. God is more than able to do this. Once he calls upon the name of the Lord he will be delivered. More than delivered! I suggest (1) take him to a psych hospital, let them know the circumstances and find out what fears he has with the passing of his dad and what friends he looks up to (2) RCCG will hold their event in december. take him there and make use of the enviroment. Let them subdue the demons and before they return, reassure him about the future. (3) long term solution is not prayers or drugs per se but his choices. does he have hope? (4) if there is drug abuse, remove the drugs but all the above still apply. May God strengthen you and see you through.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Bighead95(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Amotolongbo:
is your brother Erekere?

grin grin grin grin grin you just busted my stomach cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Horllar1990(m): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Tell your mum to go and enroll him in the military sch, maybe he will change.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by DaddyRochie1642: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2023
Mindlog:

There is need for him to be urgently seen by a Psychiatrist whose specialty is in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (though they are few in Nigeria).

I know families are more reluctant in bringing their young ones to a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic but the earlier, the better.

The diagnosis will tilt in the direction of schizophrenia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's So Special About Twins??? / 78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian / Is Penny Auctions Of Kobobid Legit Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.