Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals (18577 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Gay / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by yahoodetector: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2023
No cause for alarm. He is only exercising his inherent Nigerian future leadership traits.

People like him end up being in the Senate or even become the Governor of his state or President.

Good people like you will never thrive well in Nigeria.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Westerhoffe(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2023
Samuelojonla123:
Bro, it's a spiritual case, don't mind those people saying mental or whatever, they know nothing about the inner life.
Same thing happened to my younger bro, my mum tackled it spiritually and it was resolved, evil people use that habit to torment a glorious child, so I'll advise you to go the spiritual way before it turns to something else.
Peace

Adasun, follow this advise.

If you make the mistake of sending him to a Psychiatric Hospital, you have just ended him where they want him to end up being.

Spiritual things are serious.

That's all I'll tell you.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by phemmyfour: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
I will try and make this story short and I need your advice please...

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...
Change two things
His friends
And his environment.

NB: Nothing spiritual is after your family...Africa mentality
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Obiorahpcfg: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Take him to zion prayer movement outreach in Lagos and it will be a thing of the past!
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Amotolongbo(f): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2023
Samade7:

But if u are not sick, someone is talking about his pain n u were talking nonsense.
Thrash
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by bellabello(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

I lost my dad March this year... His death was not natural but I won't bore you with details.

We did the burial rights and I move back to school.before I left, I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

I calm him down during those period and let him know that nothing is after him or us.

I left, only for my mum to call me that something is not right with my bro... He talks to himself, seems lost sometimes and have little to no regards for anyone.

They have taken him to many spiritual house and they still point to the person responsible for my dad's death- a neighbor.

This boy hates mum for no reason and often said she is not her mother.he sometimes threatened to kidnapped his immediate Younger brother or slap his elder sister.

He becomes aggressive and most painful part of it all right now is that he steal.

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing. I have not visited home since I left but I need your advice. As the first born, I need to take some drastic step.

How do I handle thia?spiritual, psychological and any way possible to retrieve my Lovely lad, such advice is most welcome.

Thanks...

If you need to handle it spiritually send your what's App number to this email everything will be fine by God grace. ablegoodness89@gmail.com
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by viodemus: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2023
I laugh at people who try to control a person over 13 years old. His peers and those he/she finds exciting are who they will lean towards, that person will be changing at random times. At 20, they will reset again to another mental state.

People be loosing guard and get emotionally drained for nothing.
Your kid is your kid until they grow into your housemate, where you still help them. Some kids start at 12, some ar 14, some at 16, 18, whatever. Next thing you know, too many clashes and all, until they grow to your level.

Be patient, your brother is not abnormal, just keep in contact with him, encourage him. When you go back, you try and let him hang with you sometimes, so that you can have some influence
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by SPAMBOX7: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
I have that in mind bro, couple with other attacks the family face...

Bro I need guidance on where to go...
Lol you must really be naive to ask this. You no get friends offline?
You don't have reliable relations from your mom's or dad's side?
Come on you a grown ass man act like one.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Blissbath(f): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
but we are not in UK...

How do I go about this please
Take him to federal hospital,they have psychiatrist unit.

This is a clear mental illness.The earlier, the better.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2023
SAMBARRY:
how old is he?
14 years bro
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Shoodboi:

He won't do it at home. He'll do it outside. He may just bring some of the 'tools' home. But I strongly suspect meth.

He'd be seriously lean and dirty if he's deeply into it.
noted,I will try and observe it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Majesty33:
Your brother is taking drugs as the symptoms u explained earlier is not different from what is happening to my brother as we speak. And I think he takes Colos. U need to act fast as I have started mine too.
I will take that into account
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Pietrak1(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2023
He is certainly taking drugs

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Qatar2022: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
They want to useless him, your mother should be prayerful
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by terrence12(m): 10:52am On Nov 19, 2023
Do you know anything like post traumatic stress disorder?
I believe he was hit differently by your father's death, and he is expressing his grief in an antisocial way, which is understandable for his age.
Try talking to him from your heart, don't try to advice him or sound like the daddy he knows he just lost. Just talk to him, like two men who just lost their father, and listen too, he might choose to talk to you, scratch that, do all you can to ensure that he talks to you, treat him to something he likes if you must, if he refuses on your first few tries keep at it, calls, texts, what have you... You could also involve a family member who he is fond of.
In my experience he just needs to vent and also accept life for what it is, and he has to be reassured that he is loved and valued.

Ps: Leave the stealing of meat and money thingy, some of us did those, he is just very angry and very sad.

You could use a professional help though. PTSD worsens with time if no treatment is provided. Let me know if you need to consult a therapist. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Momcherry(f): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

Please take him to Zion ministry, Evangelist Chukwuebuka Anozie Obi ministry, he's a Catholic but his ministry is non denominational. Go there with faith, buy seraphic oil and water bless them and give them to him to be applying, I promise you through the mercy of God your family must surely testify. Program days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by adieora(f): 11:31am On Nov 19, 2023
Your brother has a mental health illness. Make sure he is not using drugs either.
Finally,free yourself from mental slaveryband leave your neighbour alone. They did not kill your father or are hurting your brother. Free yourself Pharisses who prophecy nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Jnjoku883(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

What is your relationship with him before your dad demise? If it's a lovely way, you can use that method to talk to him. But still don't forget that you attach it with Prayer. Don't take him to anywhere but sit with him and have a deep talk. Those deep discussions will help by bringing out what happen and troubles him. Stubbornness can be good sometimes but let evil tormentors not take advantage over that. Maybe there is something that troubled him and he changed. One cannot just change like that. Try Prayer to God and finally sit with him and have deep discussions. Don't apply seniority on this. Also get prepared to be annoyed by his attitude to u. But get over it and be cool with it. Follow him up and pray with and for him always if truly you want him to change.

Don't forget, expect annoyed words or attitudes but be calm and patient as far as you love him and want him to stop stealing and other evil ways. Dnt be harsh and don't be authoritative on this please.

I am a first born and a first son in the family. I know wat this is by experience... Thank you. God will gladly help.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by jmichael259(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

... I noticed my brother who is 14yrs have this spiritual paranoia...he suspect many who came for condolences as if they were coming to attack...

Meat, money.he just develop the habit of stealing...

Thanks...

There's nothing spiritual about this. The murmuring, spiritual utterances or paraphernalia, stealing, stubbornness and violent threats are clear symptoms of something you would not agree..

He dun join street and is on colos..
This is the beginning or intermediate stage..
Just like every other Nigerian family I've encountered, you people would rather blame it on some spiritual or blame a neighbor of evil machinations until this boy is gone far..
Solutions and their excuses
*Send him away long time to rehab with handcraft skill acquisition (una no get money)
*Everybody combine to show him greater madness before he thinks he can subdue the household, general beating even binding him with chains and metal lock (you are not around or too busy, your mom and sisters are softhearted)
*Last resort;Get him down. A heavy blow to a joint incapacitate him on crutches or bedridden if necessary
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by do4luv14(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
those my papa people no too nice...na my gran ma side na in dey try for the matter...

Still na their Blood, consult the eldest elderly amongst them, They can't throw their blood away
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by SAMBARRY: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
14 years bro
then stand up as a father figure and instill discipline in him
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by mozona(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bro.. u need prayers and army torture..
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
Jnjoku883:

What is your relationship with him before your dad demise? If it's a lovely way, you can use that method to talk to him. But still don't forget that you attach it with Prayer. Don't take him to anywhere but sit with him and have a deep talk. Those deep discussions will help by bringing out what happen and troubles him. Stubbornness can be good sometimes but let evil tormentors not take advantage over that. Maybe there is something that troubled him and he changed. One cannot just change like that. Try Prayer to God and finally sit with him and have deep discussions. Don't apply seniority on this. Also get prepared to be annoyed by his attitude to u. But get over it and be cool with it. Follow him up and pray with and for him always if truly you want him to change.

Don't forget, expect annoyed words or attitudes but be calm and patient as far as you love him and want him to stop stealing and other evil ways. Dnt be harsh and don't be authoritative on this please.

I am a first born and a first son in the family. I know wat this is by experience... Thank you. God will gladly help.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Adasun(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
Momcherry:

Please take him to Zion ministry, Evangelist Chukwuebuka Anozie Obi ministry, he's a Catholic but his ministry is non denominational. Go there with faith, buy seraphic oil and water bless them and give them to him to be applying, I promise you through the mercy of God your family must surely testify. Program days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
noted thank you
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by madgoat(m): 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

Plz this is a mental health illness and nothing spiritual about it. I have someone close to me that exhibit similar symptoms and had to get psychaitric treatment. With drugs and rehabilitation, he will be okay. If you dont get treatment for him now, he would get worse. It could be that the death of your father was a stressor for him that brought out the psychaitric issue. Don't waste time and energy on spiritual houses, take him for psychaitric treatment.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by princetom1(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...

Carry am go pyschiatrist hospital before all these spiritual home fleece una finish... I dey talk from experience... The earlier the better for u and the family in general
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by princetom1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
noted thank you

U wan just waste ur time and aggravate the boy problem... Carry am go psychiatric hospital now before u regret later
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:
I am not yoruba ma... type in English please

Carry your brother go real ministry way fire day there, there's Omega fire ministry, there's remnant christian network, there's eternity network international. I know these people are oracle's of God who can deal with the aforementioned issue.

I respect those who say psychiatrist hospital, it's good, but don't play with spirit's and massage thier actions because you don't understand it. They will practically destroy your brother.
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Abydupank: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Here is it, this is an early stage of a behavioural condition someone I knew had before. I suggest a behavioural science department of a teaching hospital..
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by scally11: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
Samuelojonla123:

I'll advise you visit any celestial church close to you just tell them you want to Sona for yourself in yoruba word, the prophet will understand and reveal any issue tacking your bro spiritually and give you the right solution, that's all. But if you're in Abk area I might link you up with a church.
Peace
If u do this then ur own is finished for ops. This is a clear case of trauma triggered schizophrenia but as usual my naija people go say na village people. By the time prophet and all those church people buy hummer from ur case ur eyes go open
Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by We4all: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Eziokwu? So his dad's death would also induce stealing?

Yes and other types of bad behavior. This isn't new and I wonder why you are surprised.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals by Imredeemed(f): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Adasun:

Thanks...
I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges your family is facing. It's important to approach this situation with care and consideration. Firstly, encourage your family to consult with mental health professionals who can assess your brother's condition. Seek a psychological evaluation to understand any underlying issues.

Additionally, try to maintain open communication with your brother. Express your concern and support for him, showing that you're there to help. Encourage your family to involve local authorities if there are threats or aggressive behavior.

Addressing the spiritual aspect may involve seeking guidance from a religious leader or counselor who can provide support and perspective. It's crucial to have a comprehensive approach that involves both mental health professionals and spiritual advisors.

Consider visiting home to offer your support in person, and collaborate with your family to create a supportive environment for your brother's well-being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ What's So Special About Twins??? / 78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.